9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jonnyo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

OK, I noticed it in The Bad News Bears: Do you bob and weave to follow the ball while you play pinball?

I have a buddy that comes over and when he plays my kids end up in laughing fits. He tracks the ball with his head up down and all around. It's quite funny. He's lurched over the machine tracking the ball like a bloodhound.

So fess up. Do you do this? Does it improve your play? Do these guys score higher than those who don't?

Good times all the same...
    Cheers,
    Mike

#2 9 years ago

I look like Rick Stetta. I just don't score like Rick Stetta. I swear a lot, too. The machines like to be verbally abused. Makes their slingshots bouncier.

Actually, I think you do have to do a little funky chicken moves to be really gettin into it. If you're just a still-life at the helm, you might as well just be a giant piece of fruit. (C'mon, you know you luv it!) I don't think you score more, you just THINK you're scoring more. And if verbal abuse doesn't work on your machine, you might try threatening it. Tell it you gotta dumpster with it's name on it, you sorry box of donor parts and kindling...... Yell, "TILT! I'll TILT you....right off the back of my pickup into the trash-smasher!" .......Good for at least one extra ball.

By the way, I could not stop watching the Bad News Bears and laughing!

#3 9 years ago

When my sister plays she pecks at the machine like a chicken every time she hits the flippers. We have birds and one time i put a bowl of bird seed on the pin before her turn. We all got some laughs from that.

#4 9 years ago

buck,buck,buck, bu-GAWK! (chicken impression)

pretty funny!

#5 9 years ago

I do use some body English (I will move the hip closest to the flipper button, but not humping), especially when trying to get the ball that extra inch to get up the long ramps. But I am not a bob and weaver. I like to plant my legs shoulder width apart and balanced so I can nudge, Grasshopper. I do jump up and down and holler like a chimpanzee when I destroy the ring in LOTR.

My father used to talk to the machine. He said you had to sweet talk it to get it to do what you want. But he yells at the TV screen during sports events too so....
    I only curse when it doesn't do what I want and I think it should have.

That is what it takes for some people to "become one with the ball." That or your friend can't track movement with his eyes and has to move his whole head like an owl. Call him Pin Dawg.

#6 9 years ago

I really get excited during multi-ball!

#7 9 years ago

Well, Black Knight has that upper playfield, and the glare from the backglass makes it hard to see. So I find myself leaning forward to see the ball up there, then leaning back when it's on the lower playfield. If it switches around a lot, I guess it would look like I'm humping the machine.

-Hans

#8 9 years ago

hmmmm... humping, chickens, bloodhounds, chimpanzees, the Rick-kick, and whatever Scooter's got going on. We needs a humorous instructional video.

#9 9 years ago

I have all the tilt mechanisms off or not functional so I get pretty aggressive with the machine!! I'll have the thing sideways to keep the ball out of the outholes! That's what owning your own machine(s) is all about!

Usually alot of cursing at and hitting of the machine as well!!

Pupils usually get dilated on multiball if they aren't already!!!

#11 9 years ago

No comment scooter about multi-ball excitement ... I would expect that more from seanymph .. hehe

#12 9 years ago

..ala scared stiff, Brokedad ? ("I'm having multiple jackpots!")

Yeh, I love Rick Stetta. He is THE man. I kick my leg like that. The leg kick causes the ball to move in the direction you're swirling your foot. Of course, it's just a theory at this point..... But, hey, if it works for Rick- I'm tryin' it. I need all the help I can get!

#13 9 years ago

I have to admit to the occasional bob'n'weave too while playing, and I when I lose a ball I tend to lightly kick the outside of the right hand side leg with the inside of my foot. I definitely play differently at home to how I play in public, and just like jbscar I do like to give it some sideways action but only at home, I'm like a much tamer player at shows and pin venues, it's like I'm scared of what people might think or say if they see me nudging the hell of a pin that I don't own. I know I shouldn't be cause they ARE made for being shoved about thats why there's a tilt mech. Which by the way I would never disconnect, it's part of the game!!!!

However I do disconnect the knocker, you know the bang when you get a highscore, replay award etc cause it scares the cra* out of my son when he plays. He's always wary when a new pin comes in and instantly asks if i've taken the BANG out.

#14 9 years ago

I knew you guys would get me on the multi-ball comment!LOL

#15 9 years ago

Yeah .. sorry scooter .. only seanymph has that upper body pendulum weight effect with those DD's of hers

#16 9 years ago

..sadly, I don't resemble the backglass picture on Fathom at all.
    ...... Except for the tail.

I need a better avatar.

And Scooter, better to have multi-balls than no balls at all!

#17 9 years ago

True seanymph.And Brokedad loves these type of threads guess I should hide my face until it turns white again.LOL

#18 9 years ago

I don't know about most of you, but I dig seanymph's avatar. Makes me smile seeing that groggy feline looking up at the camera.

#19 9 years ago

My boy Res lunges his upper body at the machine everytime he hits the flippers, like he's stepping up to pick a fight with the machine.

#20 9 years ago

The stetta dance vid is awesome. Rick might be at pin a go go if you want to see him live.

When I go for a very last second save when I'm really into a game I tend to 'Stetta'. It's almost involuntary.

I have a stance like Neil Shatz, kind of hunched over the game, but not as dramatic as Lyman.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 90.00
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 46.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 179.99
    $ 18.95
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 16.00
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 24.25
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.50
    $ 10.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 139.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 2.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 120.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 70.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside