Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Rodent
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF2263 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 2 years ago

Wondering if anyone has been in contact with Charlie from Pinball Basement lately. Been trying to contact him but he hasn't returned my emails.

#3 2 years ago

Looks like he is still around:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #4 2 years ago

I bought a board recently; he was a bit delayed due to being super busy. Try another e-mail I guess.

#5 2 years ago

I've been trying for over 5 weeks to contact him. Have a problem with two of the boards he sold me. Initially he promised to replace them but when I tried to set up an exchange time he stopped answering my emails.

#6 2 years ago

I just got an email from him yesterday. I am guessing he is busy with work and making boards to answer all the email interest he gets. I am hoping a board I bought last week is in the mail.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hasbro:

I've been trying for over 5 weeks to contact him. Have a problem with two of the boards he sold me. Initially he promised to replace them but when I tried to set up an exchange time he stopped answering my emails.

What problem are you having with the boards you bought?
    There has been some decent reviews here on Pinball Basement's quality. I'm sure they're busy especially now that Rottendog is retired.
    I bought some boards April 30th, a month goes by, I completely forgot, bought more 05-25, now he's into me for several boards and I haven't heard a thing. I'd consider a return (on one order) especially if he just has so many orders coming in etc. All I have is tracking info that says my label's been created. I'm sure since Basement's on here and done business with other members he's legit and just swamped but I'd love some contact with an update

#8 2 years ago

Hooray!!! My WPC Driver board arrived today!!! It was well packed with bubbley pack. Now to install it and see if anything changes in my games. Crosses fingers....

DSCF2263 (resized).JPGDSCF2263 (resized).JPG
    #9 2 years ago

I had a GI problem with the Driver Board that I purchased that I noticed immediately. Also had a problem with the CPU that I purchased at the same time. Charlie said he would replace but no longer returns my emails. Disappointed. I would think he would stand behind the quality of his boards.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hasbro:

I had a GI problem with the Driver Board that I purchased that I noticed immediately. Also had a problem with the CPU that I purchased at the same time. Charlie said he would replace but no longer returns my emails. Disappointed. I would think he would stand behind the quality of his boards.

He’s posting about his boards on Facebook, so he’s around.

3 weeks later
    #11 2 years ago

Hey y'all
    Anyone heard from Pinball Basement lately?
    I made a purchase back in April and then again in May not realizing I already made the purchase (when nothing showed up)
    Now it's been months, I'm owed 2+ boards (over $800), and I've neither seen nor heard a peep.
    What's up? Did I get scammed? Should I dispute the charges?
    I've sent emails, heard nothing etc
    I want to have faith considering nobody on planet earth makes these parts but... it's been months.
    Any advice?
    Thanks all
    Matt

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from BigSkyPINs:

Hey y'all
    I made a purchase back in April and then again in May not realizing I already made the purchase (when nothing showed up)
    Now it's been months, I'm owed 2+ boards (over $800), and I've neither seen nor heard a peep.
    I want to have faith considering nobody on planet earth makes these parts but... it's been months.
    Any advice?
    Thanks all
    Matt

I got a board from PB a month (WPC driver) on 5/16 and got it about 4 weeks later

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from BigSkyPINs:

Hey y'all
    Any advice?
    Thanks all
    Matt

I would do a charge back. I like these boards, but if the boards are not available upon payment to ship, the store should be closed until they are ready to ship, not when he starts making a batch of boards.

#14 2 years ago

I'm around, working through emails and orders. Every one will be taken care of.

Sorry for any issues.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

Sorry for any issues.

My WPC driver board I got from you was really really nice! I'll let you catch up and put in an order in the not to distant future for some more.

#16 2 years ago

Sorry for any issues.

Good to hear Charlie. Figure you're around, it's just that people need some form of communication especially when it's been months since they made their purchase.
    I appreciate you getting to me when you can. Order #s 10011164 from April 30th and # 10011181 from May 25th
    Thanks so much,
    Matt

3 weeks later
    #17 2 years ago

I can’t get ahold of Pinball_Basement either.

Ordered July 30th and the website stated they should ship in 8-10days. I’m fine with a delay but he won’t reply to email or pinside messaging even though he’s active.

I just want some communication especially since this is my first order with him and it was for close to $600. If it’s delayed that doesn’t mean you just go silent and hope the problem goes away.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

Ordered July 30th and the website stated they should ship in 8-10days. I’m fine with a delay but he won’t reply to email or pinside messaging even though he’s active.
    I just want some communication especially since this is my first order with him and it was for close to $600. If it’s delayed that doesn’t mean you just go silent and hope the problem goes away.

Your board is going out later today, sorry for the delays.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

Sometimes people get overwhelmed. I certainly understand that lately. Glad your order got straightened out!

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sometimes people get overwhelmed. I certainly understand that lately. Glad your order got straightened out!

I totally agree! Typing and sending that email sometime during the last few weeks is all I wanted.

Like I said I don’t care it is delayed, but just wanted an update.

#21 2 years ago

Really wish the store would get closed so no one can order them while boards are being built when inventory is at zero. This will eliminate all these issues. People expect boards to get shipped ASAP when making purchased because they believe, as I would, the boards are actually in stock.

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Really wish the store would get closed so no one can order them while boards are being built when inventory is at zero. This will eliminate all these issues. People expect boards to get shipped ASAP when making purchased because they believe when they purchased is actually in stock.

I didn’t expect it to be shipped super quick, but I did expect it to be shipped when the shipping label was printed 8/5 and tracking was sent.

#23 2 years ago

Part of the issue is ongoing health issues. I'm 32, but it seems to be getting worse and the doctors don't know why. I am technically disabled do to a chronic illness, but there is another issue present that is causing me issues with extreme fatigue.

#24 2 years ago

Part of the issue is ongoing health issues.

Take good care of yourself Charlie !

LTG : )

#25 2 years ago

Wishing you well.

#26 2 years ago

Part of the issue is ongoing health issues. I'm 32, but it seems to be getting worse and the doctors don't know why. I am technically disabled do to a chronic illness, but there is another issue present that is causing me issues with extreme fatigue.

Try to take care of yourself first. It's easy to get caught up in the moment chasing business ,$ and customers etc . I've seen too many people get burnt out and worse by working themselves ragged.

#27 2 years ago

Oh man, take care of yourself Charlie, your health comes first.
    Hope you're on your way to recovery.
    I can say this, thank you very much! First order arrived and I've installed the new wpc pwr dr board on my friends WW, all is working perfectly now!!!
    Thanks, great job with these boards and keeping these pins alive
    Matt

#28 2 years ago

Tough having health issues . If someone cannot perform shipping when promised they should communicate. Looking to get my now 2 month old order corrected . If you shipped the driver the next day as promised it never showed. Feel to respond to the direct emails or the PM messages left here thru Pinside . Thread messaging to communicate last resort leaves valid impression to others things are not what they should be.
    Shane

#29 2 years ago

Having health issues suck, hope you're doing better Charlie.

Just needed to check on my WPC 89 CPU board being shipped out. Haven't seen or heard anything in a few weeks. Please let me know. Thanks!

-Steve

4 months later
    #30 2 years ago

hate to hear of people having health issues, and the impacts this has on their businesses and customer relationships

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-basement?hl=pinball_basement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.