7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by PinballCharlie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

just curious if there are many of these around. i know st. louis has two very different ones; the silver ball room and orbits pinball lounge. silverball room has much more of a hipster, punk rock atmosphere and orbits has a more cocktail bar feel. not counting CP pinball as it's not so much a pinball bar (though you can BYOB) so much as pinball heaven.

i guess i should also clarify that by pinball bar i mean either a bar specifically themed around having pinball machines or a bar that just so happens to have a good selection of pinball machines.

#3 7 years ago

Chicago has some bars with pins, but I don't think any of them could accurately be referred to as a "pinball bar".

#4 7 years ago

Johns Place here in fairfax VA.

Smoker/Biker/Pinball bar.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Seattle has Shorty's.

I would avoid this place next time I'm there. i was shocked at the horrible condition of the games. I think my friends been telling me skill shots is the Seattle place to be?

EDIT Maybe that's not the name...full tilt ice cream?

#6 7 years ago

Grand Rapids MI has three but I haven't been to any:

17+ machines many A-list: http://pyramidschemebar.com/

7-8 great titles including new Sterns: http://www.meanwhilebar.com/

?pinball some retro arcade: http://stellasgr.com/

#7 7 years ago

This is where I usually go (no beer unfortunately): http://www.klassicarcade.com/

Just got back. Good games but they are all in need of TLC which isn't usually the case.

#8 7 years ago

Dommer,
    Although I live in south Louisiana, I have stopped by both Silverball rm & CP Pinball when passing through/near the St. Louis area to play some pinball. Both places are great.

Please inform more about the Orbits place you mentioned (where, list of machines, beer selection, cleanliness, prices, etc.). Do you like the Orbits place?

Thanks for your post. Good to hear about other places to play pinball.

#10 7 years ago

Cobalt in Vancouver.

Current line up is RS,DRAC,SOPRANOS,T3,FT,TS,JP and Sinbad. All in very good shape.

Free to play on tuesdays. Tourney every second monday.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Dommer,
    Although I live in south Louisiana, I have stopped by both Silverball rm & CP Pinball when passing through/near the St. Louis area to play some pinball. Both places are great.
    Please inform more about the Orbits place you mentioned (where, list of machines, beer selection, cleanliness, prices, etc.). Do you like the Orbits place?
    Thanks for your post. Good to hear about other places to play pinball.

See the link below for some info on Orbit.

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/gutcheck/2012/07/first_look_orbit_pinball_lounge_maplewood.php

Great place. The owner Mike is a great guy. Machines are in good shape. I think the current lineup is TFTC, DE SW,Monopoly,JP,TSPP,SST,SP,LAH,WWFRR, and I might be missing one or two. If you get a chance check it out.

#12 7 years ago

There needs to be a Pinball bar in SoCal.

#13 7 years ago

Portland OR has Ground Kontrol

Oregon City OR has Stryker's Arcade

Vancouver WA until last month had Billiards Plus pool and family arcade.

I am sure there are others but those are the biggest ones I knew of in the portland metro area and beyond.

There are also a couple in seattle I think Shorty's was already mentioned.

#14 7 years ago

Ground Kontrol is cool.

#15 7 years ago

There's two near where I live. Vitus (where I run tournaments twice each month) is the best. MM, SS, TZ, TSPP, ToM and ACDC.

There's also elbo room in SF, but the games are in awful shape.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Spaceman:

See the link below for some info on Orbit.
    http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/gutcheck/2012/07/first_look_orbit_pinball_lounge_maplewood.php
    Great place. The owner Mike is a great guy. Machines are in good shape. I think the current lineup is TFTC, DE SW,Monopoly,JP,TSPP,SST,SP,LAH,WWFRR, and I might be missing one or two. If you get a chance check it out.

they also had judge dredd when i was there about a month ago. liked it because it was a pinball bar, but seemed a little sega/data east heavy on choices. they also had tables at the bar made out of old EM tables that were all lit up. a very nice touch.

thought about maybe trying to open one here in columbia, but not sure about the market. it's a college town, so the bar thing would go over well. thinking i would need to theme it as an alternative/hipster/nerd bar, maybe with some old video games as well, but there's already a few places like that and i'm not sure how long the appeal would last.

#17 7 years ago

There is one in Waitsburg, WA...kind of.

#18 7 years ago

There are actually a bunch around NYC these days. Probably the biggest is Satellite Lounge in Brooklyn, with 7-8 pins. Reciprocal is a pinball place but technically not a "bar" as it doubles as a skateboard shop. It is BYOB though. And there are a bunch of pin-friendly bars in Brooklyn, with 3 or more pins each (Owl Farm, 5th Estate, Bar Great Harry) and a bunch of places with 2 pins. (DO they count?) Plus a laundromat in Greenpoint (Brooklyn) with a pretty nice line-up: MM, TOM, AF, MB, and STTNG.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I would avoid this place (Shortys) next time I'm there. i was shocked at the horrible condition of the games.

Yeah, they weren't in tip top shape when I went there that is for certain.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from AbacusMan:

There is one in Waitsburg, WA...kind of.

I had to map quest this one.

I cannot believe it a town in my home state I have not heard of yet.

(for the record lived here since birth and I am 36 in two weeks)

Then I realized I don't drive to Idaho.

#21 7 years ago

Try the app or visit pinballmap.com.plug in your city of choice to find a bar with pins close to you.doesnt have every city but has a lot.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I would avoid this place next time I'm there. i was shocked at the horrible condition of the games. I think my friends been telling me skill shots is the Seattle place to be?
    EDIT Maybe that's not the name...full tilt ice cream?

Thanks! I operate the games at Full Tilt Ice Cream (Ballard location, currently the biggest/best of them) and appreciate the endorsement. Full Tilt isn't a a bar per se, but they do serve beer while managing to stay all-ages, so it's the best of both worlds in my mind. You'd be shocked at how many kids come in and play pinball while their dads have a beer. It's awesome. And I'll be operating the games at their new even bigger location opening next year, so things are looking great for Seattle pinball!

I took this pic of some kids having fun recently: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/380241_450458784966476_2035070759_n.jpg

#23 7 years ago

I'm not sure how to put a link on inside, but the Village Voice in NYC had an article on the 10 best Pinball bars a couple of weeks ago. Satellite was #1 and Reciprocal came in 2nd even though they are not a bar.
    If you Google Village voice and pinball, you can access the article. I was dissapointed that Zablozki's with Tron
    LE and TFLE, or Mugs (First NYC bar to be getting WOZ, and currently housing ACDC LE) didn't make the list. Another bar with a long pinball history, Enid's ( mint RBION) also wasn't on the list.
    Allen

#24 7 years ago

Yeah, and Zablozki's is a pretty chill place to hang too. I don't think it was an 'official' or comprehensive ratings article. How did that Red Hook bar (with 1 pin) make the cut?

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from bobbyconover:

Thanks! I operate the games at Full Tilt Ice Cream (Ballard location, currently the biggest/best of them) and appreciate the endorsement. Full Tilt isn't a a bar per se, but they do serve beer while managing to stay all-ages, so it's the best of both worlds in my mind.

Good to hear from you. I was pumped to go to Shorty's on my trip as i have been there before. So we took a long bus ride and hiking from miles away to get there. Total crapfest to be honest. We called around to find another place and found full tilt information. Unfortuently it was too late at night and we couldn't make it back. The funny part was on the phone we were asking the guy waht the deal was there and his reply was
    "All we have is ice cream, beer, and pinball."
    Can;t get much better than that!

The bad news was out long trip began in BALLARD...the very place we should have stayed in!
    The good news is my friend has been heading up there with his kids and having a great time.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

There needs to be a Pinball bar in SoCal.

Or anywhere in California for that matter (I mean, besides my own house )

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_johnson:

Grand Rapids MI has three but I haven't been to any:
    17+ machines many A-list: http://pyramidschemebar.com/
    7-8 great titles including new Sterns: http://www.meanwhilebar.com/
    ?pinball some retro arcade: http://stellasgr.com/

I'm from Grand Rapids - it's loaded with pinball bars and restaurants. Besides those three, there is a hot dog joint with four pins, all on free play, including AC/DC and Transformers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 26.95
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 14.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    Rubber/Silicone
    Scandinavian Pinball
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    $ 13.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 7,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside