Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by wesperron
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Kiddieland.jpg
    Charlton_Heston.jpg
    images.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VT8man.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 12 years ago

I will add Marshfield, MA to the list, along with Beacon, NY as two places where I would only stop to leave a nice big stinky deuce. Even if it's a coin-op toilet.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Coin op toilette. Now that sounds like gambling.

SC once I'm older, it probably will be a game of chance rather than a game of skill at that point.

Although I heard co-op toilets are only banned for gambling machines if they pay out for big loads.

This thread just reminded me of this.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102668-Law-Banning-Pinball-Shuts-Down-Retro-Arcade

#24 12 years ago

At least in the Beacon, NY case, the law should have never let this business start in the first place.

To even start the business, the local law should have protected this citizen before it is up and operating for 18 months. Just goes to show you how little they know of their own laws, much less to get up off your ass and change the law once you've made the mistake of letting someone invest in a business that's so-called "illegal".

The owner probably put up a sign that was an eye sore after making a little money, and someone dug up the law.

Not to ramble on, but I've heard of several stories like this lately. NPM is evicted after just opening last Dec. and must close by the end of June. (they have severely reduced the entry fee to $3 and made pay-to-play .75 a game.) Hopefully David can find another location.

I heard of some craigslist post scam mentioning a location in the Midwest was having a pron-adult party, so the local inspectors shut the place down.

And IFPA? Pull the plug a month or so before the games?

I haven't been to most of these places, but doesn't it piss you off???

I was at the Allentown, PA show for three days, and next to the pin show was a spiritual holistic beauty show next door. (which provided a lot of ladies strolling through the parking lot.)

The only person I saw in handcuffs, who supposed evaded police by running through the neighboring farmer's market, was a woman who supposedly showed up drunk and called the police herself because she was too proud to be arrested by the fairground rent-a-cops.

(maybe I should have hit the other show, since allegedly she got away, or been the HSII driver.)

I'm going to break the law and play some pinball today. You should too!!!

#27 12 years ago

The rumor on the National Pinball Museum's 12-13000 sq. ft. is the free two year lease given to David Silverman, which was an old FAO Schwartz building has the eviction clause. The mall was auctioned a month or so after he moved in.

Potential renovation for the mall...a Target. He even had a price structure to avoid an arcade-like atmosphere. They are aiming at the college students, who don't really play probably. Although the local is touristy, which the museum needs. In the end, he'll find a better location, I hope.

If the old farts in the law offices don't recognize that the arcades of the 80s are long gone, and this industry has moved mainly to residential, we have no choice but to protest. They must just want you to stay in your house and play online....Wait my pins are in my house...what bullshit.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VT8man.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-banned-in-ma-town?tu=VT8man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.