8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I have some new pinball balls that I am not going to use in the near future. What is the best way to store them?
    I heard by using oil and if so what kind of oil the use?

Do you replace your pinball balls (if not damaged) preventive every x games played?

#2 8 years ago

Machine oil, Yes I always replace pinballs once a year. Cheap insurance.

#3 8 years ago

Yes I usually replace mine every 500 games or so. Some wait longer but I'm kinda anal about it. I'm sure a little machine oil is all you need. Most manufacturers send them individually bagged and oiled.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Machine oil, Yes I always replace pinballs once a year. Cheap insurance.

Quoted from thundergod76:

Yes I usually replace mine every 500 games or so. Some wait longer but I'm kinda anal about it. I'm sure a little machine oil is all you need. Most manufacturers send them individually bagged and oiled.

Thanks for the info. I know what to do now.

#5 8 years ago

My balls came pre-lubed

#6 8 years ago

Living in Houston, we have a lot of humidity and I had a few new balls rust while sitting on the shelf in the garage. I now store new balls in a can filled with motor oil. Whenever I need a new ball I scoop it out and clean the oil off with lacquer thinner.

#7 8 years ago

Has anyone done anything fun/decorative with their old pinballs? Or does everyone just throw them away?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-balls-storage-and-replacement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.