Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Lamprey
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

large (resized).jpg
    DSCN5261 (resized).JPG
    #1 7 years ago

Hi
    I need/want to change the majority of my balls in mostly of my dmd era's game. I can already see dark spot on most of them.

But How do we know balls are at the end of their lifes (I know, so many jokes come in mind) I'm not trolling

38 games at average 4 balls = lots of freakin' balls!!

I read pinball life seems a good place (carbon and usual balls)

Is there a "balls depot" on the web?
    Thanks!
    Lou

#2 7 years ago

joke that didn't translate well

#3 7 years ago

Its not translating very well...

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Its not translating very well...

Translation was surely bad and taste worst. Deleted.

#5 7 years ago

To funny about joke...lol

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

To funny about joke...lol

Yeah I know. I was only asking about ball conditions or ball deals and got lost in translation.

Is this a pinside taboo?
    Still hoping for an intelligent answer

#7 7 years ago

Check Pinball Life or Marco specialty. They have pinballs for sale. There is also a recent thread here on pinballs and where to get them. Apparently there has been a shortage of them lately.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Is there a "balls depot" on the web?

Yep. Same place I get the best quality pinball rubbers that are available.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-5

DSCN5261 (resized).JPGDSCN5261 (resized).JPG

#9 7 years ago

You should change all of them...it sounds like they are long overdue if they have black spots on them. Inspect them for scratches or gouges...if they have them they need to go...much cheaper to put $100 of new balls then have playfields repaired. I am waiting for pinballlifes oh so shiny balls personally but another option that was suggested on here were these:

ebay.com link: itm
    He has different quantities too

Here is a few interesting reads:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/balls-and-magnetism#post-3372789
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/good-pinballs-balls#post-3430042
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-are-you-buying-balls-from#post-3333385

A search on here will reveal lots of threads on this.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yep. Same place I get the best quality pinball rubbers that are available.
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-5

Already had a good order from Marco for specific parts. Thanks Odin.
    Thanks Lew for your help!
    Lou

#11 7 years ago

I have to say Marco also offers Silverjet balls, they play soooooooooooooooo much better!!!

large (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpg

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

I have to say Marco also offers Silverjet balls, they play soooooooooooooooo much better!!!

As long as it's not a game with magnets...

#13 7 years ago

Is there an easy way to know how many balls every game have? I can't look at my games right now.
    I looked in pinside archive (is misses this info), IPDB, google...
    I know I can find it it in every User guide but it might exist a better solution!?

#14 7 years ago

Take the lock down bar off and there is usually a sticker that says how many balls to install.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from gjm:

Take the lock down bar off and there is usually a sticker that says how many balls to install.

I can't look at my games for the next to week.

#16 7 years ago

How do silverjets react with magnets. I've had intermittent problems with my left and right Magic saveson TOM.

Could just be the balls. I can't find anything else.

#17 7 years ago

I bought these from Amazon to replace some pitted and scratched balls. They play really fast. I have no comparison to some other premium balls though, but they work well for me.

https://smile.amazon.com/Mirror-Finish-Replacement-Pinball-Machine/dp/B00H6A82SE/ref=sr_1_2

#18 7 years ago

Thanks for the links to I'm reading all this.

#19 7 years ago

I understand that game with magnet needs ball with carbons. Makes sens.

But does it make a difference if we use these same balls in a game with no magnet? If so I will only order carbon balls

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from gjm:

Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

I can't look at my games for the next to week.

Just buy more balls than you need to change every game once. Count them when you change them this time, buy the exact amount for next time.

#21 7 years ago

You're going to end up getting a better price if you buy in bulk anyway, which will more likely than not, put you over the amount of balls needed for your games. Make a list of games you have, then sort out what kind of multiball each game has. Round up and you'll have a few spares to replace for next time.

#22 7 years ago

Just how often should we really change these balls? It's pretty frequent right?

I know there is a point where changing them is a major pain, but at this point I have one game. I know I knew this at one point.

#23 7 years ago

Not really an answer to your question, but if you have a tumbler you can take out or swap out balls and put the used ones in the tumbler to "refresh" them. Seems to work great unless they are pitted really bad. That way you can get a couple uses out of a set of balls. I don't how many times you can tumble them, but I suspect you can do it quite a few times.

Also, if you have a magnet on your machine you want the carbon steel balls. I bought a 25 pack from "the bay" and they seem to be just fine:
    ebay.com link: itm

I'm not going to lie, I like the 5 ball packs that various pinball vendors sell. However, they see be asking a premium that doesn't seem to make sense compared to other bulk options.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-balls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.