Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by gambit3113
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4414.jpg
    space shuttle.jpg
    FLYINGTURNS.jpg
    FLYINGTURNS3.jpg
    BBB1.jpg
    BBB.jpg
    There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

At the Texas Pinball Festival we will be holding the first ever pinball auction. It will be on Saturday March 29, 2014 at 6:00 PM.
    There will be 100 pinball machines offered and bidding will be live at the TPF as well as online at www.proxibid.com/pinball.
    See auctionpinball.com for further details.

#2 10 years ago

Interested in seeing how high the prices get. Will have to check again in 61 Days and 1 Hour lol.

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from nordseth:

At the Texas Pinball Festival we will be holding the first ever pinball auction. It will be on Saturday March 29, 2014 at 6:00 PM.
    There will be 100 pinball machines offered and bidding will be live at the TPF as well as online at http://www.proxibid.com/pinball.
    See auctionpinball.com for further details.

AWESOME!

Very excited about this feature at TPF!!!!!

#4 10 years ago

Big Bang Bar pinball will be the highlight of the auction. This may be the first time this pin has been offered at a live auction.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from nordseth:

Big Bang Bar pinball will be the highlight of the auction. This may be the first time this pin has been offered at a live auction.

So 23.25% added on to pretty much any purchase?

#6 10 years ago

Didn't even see 1 SS Bally/Williams machine from 70's/80's...Boo Hiss!!

#7 10 years ago

Looks like FUN is blowing out their collection. I wouldn't be too surprised if they bid their own stuff up.

#8 10 years ago

teekee,

State sales tax will apply to Texas residents unless they have a resale certificate.

There is a 10% buyers premium for live bidders at the sale (cash).

#9 10 years ago

So just bid from my IPhone from across the room and no buyers premium?

#10 10 years ago

10% buyers premium for live cash bidders. 13% for online cash bidders.

see www.proxibid.com/pinball for the catalog online bidding details.

#11 10 years ago

It was hard to believe that FUN was getting the crazy prices listed on ebay. Wonder why they didn't just start their ebay auctions at a buck to blow them out?

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from nordseth:

teekee,
    State sales tax will apply to Texas residents unless they have a resale certificate.
    There is a 10% buyers premium for live bidders at the sale (cash).

Thanks for clearing that up... good luck with the auction.

#13 10 years ago

Wow lots of cool titles...
    Will the games be on site?

#14 10 years ago

Lots of good titles.

Google is your friend

Best of luck with the auction!

Chris

#15 10 years ago

Pdxmonkey, All of the gpinballs will be at the Texas Pinball Festival and can be tested before the auction.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Wow lots of cool titles...
    Will the games be on site?

Yes. Thats one of the cool features of TPF this year. In addition to the hundreds of pinball machines normally/already at the festival, all of these auction games will also be at the festival too... on free play... and ready for testing before the auction.

It should be a good increase in the total number of playable pins VS 2013, which was already extremely large.

#17 10 years ago

Gosh, every auction I've ever been to had the games ranging anywhere from barely playable to dead. This should be interesting to watch!

I looked for any terms regarding buybacks, and all I found was that they have reserves on some (so probably most) of them. OP, care to clarify? Will you be bidding beyond the reserves?

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

So 23.25% added on to pretty much any purchase?

Very reasonable. Sounds like a SuperAuctions.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from nordseth:

Pdxmonkey, All of the gpinballs will be at the Texas Pinball Festival and can be tested before the auction.

Quoted from Jared:

Yes. Thats one of the cool features of TPF this year. In addition to the hundreds of pinball machines normally/already at the festival, all of these auction games will also be at the festival too... on free play... and ready for testing before the auction.
    It should be a good increase in the total number of playable pins VS 2013, which was already extremely large.

Now we're talking!
    Sounds fun.
    I'm glad to be going this year!

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I looked for any terms regarding buybacks, and all I found was that they have reserves on some (so probably most) of them. OP, care to clarify? Will you be bidding beyond the reserves?

No comment?

1 week later
    #21 10 years ago

Dan, sorry for the slow response.
    I am not clear on what you mean by bidding beyond reserve?

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from nordseth:

Dan, sorry for the slow response.
    I am not clear on what you mean by bidding beyond reserve?

He wants to know if you're going to have shill bidders in the crowd pushing prices up beyond the listed reserve, since that's allowed here. I'm not sure why he'd expect that question to actually get answered, and not sure how we'd ever know since I doubt everyone here knows who does and doesn't work for you? They could be in the crowd or bidding online and nobody would ever know who they are. You're still allowed to buyback/bid on your own items in TX even if the reserve is met, right?

#23 10 years ago

You are right. In Texas, if the auctioneer announces an item is being sold with reserve, the owner can bid on his own item.
    We are going to be offering some pinball machines with reserve and some without reserve at this sale.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from nordseth:

Big Bang Bar pinball will be the highlight of the auction.

Definitely interested to see if this sells (I'm sure there will be a reserve) and, if so, for how much?

#25 10 years ago

The list of pins to be auctioned is growing with the latest addition being a very rare Varkon.

This is the online list of games offered thus far:

www.proxibid.com/pinball

#26 10 years ago

Really looking forward to this

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from nordseth:

You are right. In Texas, if the auctioneer announces an item is being sold with reserve, the owner can bid on his own item.
    We are going to be offering some pinball machines with reserve and some without reserve at this sale.

Good job dodging the question.

Are you or your agents going to be bidding on machines after they have met their reserve, or not?

#28 10 years ago

Dan, No owner or their agents will be bidding on any machine that has met the reserve price.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from nordseth:

Dan, No owner or their agents will be bidding on any machine that has met the reserve price.

Cool, thanks.

#30 10 years ago

Also, just got a prototype Banzai Run pin added to the consignment.

#32 10 years ago

The proto Banzai Run has a the XR7 playfield and red boards. It is number 10 of only 10 produced.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from nordseth:

The proto Banzai Run has a the XR7 playfield and red boards. It is number 10 of only 10 produced.

Any way we can get some sweet pics of this?

#34 10 years ago

Are there reserves?
    What is the auction % ?
    Tax to be paid regardless if from out of state?
    Tax rate?

Oh yeah see site, never mind. Good luck.

Got to love pennies on the dollar!!

#35 10 years ago

We will get photos of the BR proto soon.

No sales tax on sales outside of Texas.

#36 10 years ago

I have received the photos of the actual Big Bang Bar that we will be auctioning.

BBB.jpgBBB.jpg BBB1.jpgBBB1.jpg
    #37 10 years ago

We just got the Flying Turns pin in for the auction.
    Keith Holbrook did his usual awesome job restoring the game.

FLYINGTURNS.jpgFLYINGTURNS.jpg FLYINGTURNS3.jpgFLYINGTURNS3.jpg
    #38 10 years ago

Sure, there won't be no shill bidding on these last two games!!

#39 10 years ago

Wish they did this at the Seattle show!

#40 10 years ago

Also, we will be auctioning the nicest Space Shuttle pinball to be found anywhere.

space shuttle.jpgspace shuttle.jpg

#41 10 years ago

Holy crap, that is nice.

#42 10 years ago

I have seen that Space Shuttle in person. It is an insane piece. Whoever ends up with it will truly have a show piece.

2 weeks later
    #44 10 years ago

2 Stern Mustang Pro pinball machines will be offered at the auction.

Only 4 days to go before it starts.

IMG_4414.jpgIMG_4414.jpg
    #45 10 years ago

Any one offering shipping ?

#46 10 years ago

is the total lineup 16 pins?

#48 10 years ago

ah thanks Bakushan....I went the website (pinballauctions) and it listed only a few games

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

ah thanks Bakushan....I went the website (pinballauctions) and it listed only a few games

Its a bit confusing, huh?

#50 10 years ago

So I'm watching a few of these machines to see what they end at.. I have a couple questions for anyone that can answer:

1. Anyone have something shipped to a terminal (IE airport or trainyard I imagine? which is $200 vs $400 direct to door
    2. It shows 15% buyers premium, but then says "sales tax" in details but doesn't say what the tax amount is, do I pay tax even if I'm buying out of state? (IE I'm not physically going to be in texas, I plan on bidding online)

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-auction-march-29th-live-and-online-bidding/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.