(Topic ID: 216483)

Pinball Auction in Wichita, KS 5/20/18 (70+ Pins & Arcades)

By kst8cat

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FBB347E0-96DC-4E49-9D2F-9C19764E6CDA (resized).jpeg
    Wat8 (resized).jpg
    60A02B63-5F76-42FD-AAE8-824628E49095 (resized).png
    2A486C72-E436-4CF7-B0BA-7E5835B18AD7 (resized).jpeg
    XF (resized).JPG
    SG (resized).JPG
    Poker (resized).JPG
    HB (resized).JPG
    FH (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparechange1974.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 5 years ago

Just moved here from Minnesota, spend most of my time at car auctions so this will be a welcome change of pace. Didn't realize there was this much interest in pinball in Wichita

#94 5 years ago

Is there a specific KS/Oklahoma/MO thread on pinside??

If not, I'll create one. Had a nice Minnesota/Wisconsin thread back home.

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from Doorman:

I hope the opportunity to play machines is given. I took mine last night and this morning. I did not play them all as I do not care for all of them. I am not here to bash the seller or the auctioneer. I am here to give what info I can to the community my limited knowledge of the machines. Yes I am local and yes I will be at the auction. My only comments will be ones that were on the floor playable. There were others in the backroom that are multiples that could not be played. I believe if I was the operator I would have my best playing machines out to make the best return. Breakshot- Fun game and pretty clean launching extra balls which when played ended your current ball. Funhouse a fairly new game to the lineup in Lost Sock maybe three months has had an issue since being placed with a switch not realizing a ball was stuck and freezing your game play. Jokerz 1 on the floor which won't even launch the ball to the top. Comet which is one of my favorites was pulled 6 months ago and has never came back. Cyclone is a great game which has been playable but recent flipper coil replacements which are too strong make comet shots harder as ball shoots above ramp into ferris wheel or top of machine. X-Files unplugged not playable. Hardbody a fairly recent addition I had not played until last night was actually a fun machine until a chunk of wood came sliding out of the left ramp blocking the playfield. Teed off plays well but numerous plastics are loose. Barb Wire can not get the skill shot. Super Mario plays good again Loose plastics. Stargate off and not playable.

Thanks for the info. Hoping machines are plugged in, have to assume they are problemed if not.

#101 5 years ago

Is it confirmed that they are going to be grouped? Didn't hear anything from them.

#116 5 years ago

Just got home from the sale. Wow, what a crowd. Not a ton of pinheads, many just buying to have one at home.

What am I missing on Cyclopes at $5200? The cabinet is beat. What's that game normally worth?

#125 5 years ago

What did Breakshot end up going for?

#176 5 years ago

First-time Pinball auction for me. I've been to hundreds of car auctions and this was a little different. I went for entertainment and to get a garage player deal machine. Once the crowd arrived, deal time was over grouping or no grouping. Too many people to get a buy, many first-timers looking for one machine and just wanted to come home with something. The sale was over for me before it started.

The seller did extremely well, in my opinion, considering condition on most, so much so I thought he'd unplug his remaining machines next door and run them through. The grouping was advantageous to the seller and auctioneer, not buyers. Sales are all about momentum, competitive bidding, and energy, grouping created that. I'm not sure there were any real "time" savings at the auction as a result. The grouped machines were auctioned off one at a time, just like lot numbers. It would save a ton of time during set up though, I would think normally you'd put your high value desirable at the end of the sale, and cheap stuff first. Just my 2 cents.

#178 5 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

so why drive hours and hours to a remote auction for a chance on a game when you can just go pick up that game locally for the same amount or less, and it's probably been shopped out and is in better shape mechanically? Auction is a gamble, and when you're not saving any money, then it kind of makes it not worth it. You didn't answer a lot of the questions or blew them off, then mock them when they didn't attend.

Well said^^^

#180 5 years ago

Okay, trying to get a new thread going, need to have a local place to buy/sell/trade/talk

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-kansas-missouri-oklahoma-thread#post-4411336

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparechange1974.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-auction-in-wichita-ks-52018-70-pins-arcades?tu=sparechange1974 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.