(Topic ID: 216483)

Pinball Auction in Wichita, KS 5/20/18 (70+ Pins & Arcades)

By kst8cat

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FBB347E0-96DC-4E49-9D2F-9C19764E6CDA (resized).jpeg
    Wat8 (resized).jpg
    60A02B63-5F76-42FD-AAE8-824628E49095 (resized).png
    2A486C72-E436-4CF7-B0BA-7E5835B18AD7 (resized).jpeg
    XF (resized).JPG
    SG (resized).JPG
    Poker (resized).JPG
    HB (resized).JPG
    FH (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bidloudcom.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 5 years ago

The Wichita Auction of 70 Pinball & Arcade Machines - NO Buyer's Premium. I am Jay Litchfield the auctioneer. I don't like Buyer's Premiums, so NO Buyer's Premiums.

#24 5 years ago

We have double the space per machine for this auction if you are concerned about getting around to look at them.

#25 5 years ago

As to the questions about what machines are being sold, or held back or reserved. As the Auctioneer, I only make money if sell stuff. I will be encouraging the Seller to offer everything. Still need to convince him on a few games. Here is my point, if you are not there, and I talk him into selling a game you wanted, and you did not attend because you took your advice from someone that is not in the know on this forum. Ouch.

#27 5 years ago

We may be ready for you to look earlier than 12 noon on Sunday. If you want to call me and you are in Wichita earlier, we maybe able to make arrangements.

However, I expect in your businesses there are things you see all the time. In the auction business, I have seen people want to come look 4 to 6 hours in advance, and they never stay. Never. So I am sorry that people in the past have made a bad impression on me and thus it effects future buyers.

I am trying to accommodate everyone, so that you can make some good buys.

I heard from many buyers in Tulsa, that you rarely get an opportunity to bid on this many machines in one auction, one day. Here is your opportunity. My thought, don't miss it.

#31 5 years ago

Hello PinPilot, We sold 160 Pinball machines in 3 1/2 hours. That's 45 machines per hour. If we go at that pace on these machines, that should calculate to 1 1/2 hours to do this sale. I am not sure how a sale order will help. Help me understand.

#33 5 years ago

Sorry, I am too old to have beer at an auction. I do a lot of charity auctions, and alcohol has caused many a problem in those auctions. On the last auction, every machine got sold, every machine left the building that we rented with NO Beer google confusion. So, Sorry again, no beer cart at this auction.

#34 5 years ago

I won't know the order until I put them in line at the auction location on the day before. What will an order help you guys with?

#36 5 years ago

At the last auction, I sold them in chronological order up to a point. Then switched to the Spiderman & Ms. Pacman group which were 1980s machines. I sold some of the higher selling machines early in the auction. I will probably keep the better machines early or in the middle. Parts and pieces will be at the end of the auction like we sold tools the last time. Does that help on your time issues?

#37 5 years ago

If I make a sale order sheet, will you attend "for sure"? Swear by it? Or just wanting to cause a ruckus?

#39 5 years ago

Will you attend if I make a sale order sheet?

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Normally you would add 18 to 20% to your winning bid. So a $4000 pinball purchase is now about $4,800. Ouch!!!

NO Buyer's Premium at this auction.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am interested in a game or two if anyone attending is willing to bid on my behalf.
    Happy to pay for services and can deal with transport if I am a winning bidder.

Whysnow, We have a remote bidding process. Just send me an email to [email protected] and I will send you the packet.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from KoolFingers:

Never did remote bidding. Are there pictures of the machines to see before bidding?

KoolFingers, Go to our website www.BidLoud.com 210 photos on our website.

#162 5 years ago

Hello to All, We sold these machines in 1 1/2 hours. I made the comment we would be done with the auction in 2 hours, and we were.
    That is why we do the Buyer's Choice. Time, Time, Time, Time.

In our society today, when everyone can have a question answered in a minute thru their phone, the level of patience people have has dwindled to nothing. I had heard at our first auction in Tulsa, that many people thought it would take us until the wee hours of the morning to sell 160 machines. Some at that auction suggested that we would be there from 2 pm to 3 am, because of their experiences with another auction company. We Sold 160 machines in Feb in 3.5 hours, one machine every 79 seconds. Now in Wichita, we sold a machine every 90 seconds.

I have found it difficult to hold my tongue when people post on this forum. It is hardest when someone wants to compare our company to others, and speculate to what we do without attending one of our auctions. I am not here to make you mad, I just think it is unwise to make judgments on whether you attend by what some people post here without true experiences. It is hard to read a post from someone that says that we are doing things wrong, however they can't attend because of a lame excuse and that they are 1200 miles away. You won't attend because you ..... I could say a lot here however I am holding my tongue.

I want to thank everyone that has attended our two auctions. We have heard outside of this forum, that people enjoy what we do and enjoyed attending our auctions.

It may be a bad idea for me to feed the naysayers by writing anything here. Many on this forum want compare our process to other companies, did you ever think that the other companies may have it wrong? If you enjoyed our auction say so here!!

If you think we should change our process, tell me your name (not your cyborg) so I can check my sign in sheets or show me your gas receipts for attending our auctions.

#163 5 years ago

I still have not heard a compelling reason for the Sale Order before the auction? Other than some other company did it.

There are many auction companies that use computers for clerking and cashiers. They have to use Lot Numbers before hand to make sure everything is entered into the computer before the auction even begins. Each item has to have a lot number to match up with their excel sheets at the end of the day. They can not deviate from their lot numbers.

When we have only one Selling Client (like we have had in both of these auctions) we can go faster by hand. I have found a Great Cashier and an Excellent Clerk than can keep the process faster than the computer. If they make a mistake, I am the one who pays the owner the difference. I once paid $ 3250.00 to a Selling client for a $ 3,217.50 mistake by my clerk. That clerk does not work for me anymore.

Pre Auction Lot Numbers (like the other auction companies use), may inhibit the auction. I can’t change course or switch up on the go depending on where the crowd is. If everyone is standing looking at one group of machines, why would I foolishly follow lot numbers and do those machines at the end of the auction, just because some staff member lotted them that way 3 days before? Does not sound good to me.

People come to me all the time at auctions and ask “Where are you going to start?”.
    If just one person asked me to start at a specific spot I might change my mind and do so.

And finally, why do some people complain that I do not give them enough time to preview, 2 hours was not enough for some people, the auction only took 2 hours. The same people in the same post, same breath, feel they can’t wait too long and want to know when the machine they want will sell. They felt that a Sale Order would help them to decide what? What is the value of a Sale Order to the Buyer? Someone give me a solid answer, please. Again, We Sold 160 machines in Feb in 3.5 hours, one machine every 79 seconds. Now in Wichita, we sold a machine every 90 seconds.

You should not listen to the naysayers and the people who have not attended our auctions. They may be leading you astray because they don’t want you to attend, less competition. I have watched for years as people bad mouth items and then bid on them vigorously even when they said it was a POS minutes before.

Trust yourself. Attend one of our auctions. See for yourself. Don’t rely on what others may say.

#164 5 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I asked the auctioneer if he would tell us in what state, not city, just state and he ain't talking. Told me that he would not reveal any info. on me and his other customers get the same consideration. He's a pro.
    I seem to recall at the Tulsa auction that the real price busters were the phone bidders. I would imagine that the auctioneer kept records of his phone buyers, called them, and said, " Hey ! I have another pin auction working and I have a very rare pin called Cyclopes. Only 400 made."
    It almost made me fell like I was at a Sotheby's or Christie's auction.

Hello from Jay the Auctioneer, I did NOT call anyone and say, come bid. I will have to check, however I believe all of our Remote Bidders for Wichita, were NEW to us. I will treat all of you with the exact same rules, everyone is treated the same. I will not give out information who bought what and where. I will not spend time calling only a few, I will text or email everyone. My job is to get a crowd to attend. Then you guys, the Buyers (Bidders) set the market. By bidding, you are what people will pay for something. For every bidder, there was that guy who shook his head NO at the last bid, that one guy in second, who says today, I wish I would have bid one more time.

#165 5 years ago

One Final thought today, Everyone wants to talk about what something brought at the auction. Some people want to bellyache about how the novice bid them up. Don't you all realize that if the prices go up, then every machine at your house is worth more. I just helped all of you make more money, by your machine just sitting there in your house.

#170 5 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

I don't know why do you keep complaining the auctions over

I am not complaining. I am trying to set the record straight. I am trying to understand how people can sit here and spout and not attend.

#171 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

General price inflation is eventually bad for everyone. Framing it as good is disingenuous.

Disingenous!! Seriously, have you not heard about thins like BitCoin?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bidloudcom.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-auction-in-wichita-ks-52018-70-pins-arcades?tu=bidloudcom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.