(Topic ID: 216483)

Pinball Auction in Wichita, KS 5/20/18 (70+ Pins & Arcades)

By kst8cat

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FBB347E0-96DC-4E49-9D2F-9C19764E6CDA (resized).jpeg
    Wat8 (resized).jpg
    60A02B63-5F76-42FD-AAE8-824628E49095 (resized).png
    2A486C72-E436-4CF7-B0BA-7E5835B18AD7 (resized).jpeg
    XF (resized).JPG
    SG (resized).JPG
    Poker (resized).JPG
    HB (resized).JPG
    FH (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ball_less1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 5 years ago

I’m on the fence about driving in for this. Is there a chance to preview the day before? Is it safe to assume the lesser stuff will go up first? I guess I could come in and do my laundry while waiting for the couple of things I want to bid on come up. Will there be a beer cart? I’ve been to some fun and lively auctions where there was.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from BidLoudcom:

Will you attend if I make a sale order sheet?

I will, and I’ll wear a name tag and introduce myself.

#60 5 years ago

Okay, just completed the drive in from St. Louis. The first couple of hours was in the rain, but the sun is shining, birds are singing. What became of the preview?

#70 5 years ago

I played a bunch of these in the laundromat a few weeks ago. They all functioned as one would expect. They sucked all of the change out of my pocket as they were designed to do. I think the sleeper in the lineup was The Big Hurt. It played exceptionally well.

#91 5 years ago

Wow, this auction sure stirred up some opinions. The bottom line is that this auctioneer was the one that Dan chose to sell his machines. I’ll be attending, as I enjoy both pinball machines and auctions, it will be a great way to spend a couple of hours on a cloudy Sunday afternoon. I’d like to meet other Pinsiders, if you see an old fat guy wearing a camo ball cap, that may be me. (This is the Midwest, almost every old guy wears a camo ball cap)

#123 5 years ago

I had fun, didn’t buy any pins, just a few old partially populated playfields. One was a Comet with an original unbroken Skee Ball ramp. (Or whatever it’s called) I know that Mark is making new ones, but you don’t find them intact very often.

2A486C72-E436-4CF7-B0BA-7E5835B18AD7 (resized).jpeg2A486C72-E436-4CF7-B0BA-7E5835B18AD7 (resized).jpeg

#139 5 years ago

That Big Hurt appeared to be in great shape and played well. While the theme doesn’t do anything for me, it’s a lot of pin for the money.

#148 5 years ago

One of the things I enjoyed about the auction was meeting and talking with other pinball enthusiasts. In the first batch of five machines, there was a collective gasp when the high bidder selected an Eight Ball Deluxe over the perceived front runner, Mario Brothers. Who knows what another guy’s grail pin might be? It was a drizzly, overcast day and I had nothing else planned. I must say that I thouroughly enjoyed my self.

#175 5 years ago

So Jay, when is your next “sucky” pinball auction? I’ll surely attend, as I thoroughly enjoyed myself.and I drove a little under 7 hours for this one. I had been conversing with Dan about his auction for a little over two months. I really wanted a Spy Hunter, but it stayed next door.

#179 5 years ago

For me it’s the same as going fishing or hunting, I easily could go to the market and buy all of the fish or meat I’d ever want or need. The point is, it was good, cheap entertainment. I also ended up with a lifetime supply of lane dividers for $20.

FBB347E0-96DC-4E49-9D2F-9C19764E6CDA (resized).jpegFBB347E0-96DC-4E49-9D2F-9C19764E6CDA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ball_less1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-auction-in-wichita-ks-52018-70-pins-arcades?tu=ball_less1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.