(Topic ID: 216483)

Pinball Auction in Wichita, KS 5/20/18 (70+ Pins & Arcades)

By kst8cat

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FBB347E0-96DC-4E49-9D2F-9C19764E6CDA (resized).jpeg
    Wat8 (resized).jpg
    60A02B63-5F76-42FD-AAE8-824628E49095 (resized).png
    2A486C72-E436-4CF7-B0BA-7E5835B18AD7 (resized).jpeg
    XF (resized).JPG
    SG (resized).JPG
    Poker (resized).JPG
    HB (resized).JPG
    FH (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 5 years ago

A friend of mine who operates games in the Wichita area is retiring from the business and will be having a large pinball and arcade auction on Sunday, May 20. He is using the same auction company that did the Tulsa auction back in February. In addition to the working games, he's also got a ton of parts, boards, extra playfields and project games accumulated over several decades of being in the business. Here is a link to the sale bill including a partial inventory of games as well as a number of photos:

http://bidloud.com/wichita_pinballs

From the announcement:

Sunday, May 20th 2:00 p.m.

Location to be announced

Wichita, Kansas
    "We are Selling at Auction 70 Pinball & Arcade Machines. Offered individually to the highest bidder. Ranging in age from 1970’s thru 2001. The majority of this inventory is in a vending companies working machine inventory. We will be moving machines in from various locations to one central location for the auction. The Auction is on Sunday, May 20th @ 2 pm. Preview and inspection time will begin 2 hours before auction @ 12 noon, May 20th. We have an remote bidding option. Remote bidding will incur a participation fee, paid upfront before the auction begins. As well as the machines, we have a large inventory play fields, parts and more.

Auctioneer's Note: We want to Thank our Selling Client and entrusting us with their inventory of Pinball & Arcade machines. The majority of these machines will be working in the Seller’s vending operation right up to the time of the auction. Here is a Great Opportunity to buy late model working arcade & pinball machines that you may have played in your youth or just yesterday."

List of Games:

"Big Hurt, Cyclopes, Tee'd Off, Galaga, Jokerz, Neo-Geo, Lost World, Mario Andretti, Comet, Star Wars Episode 1, Eight Ball Deluxe, Super Mario Brothers, Ms Pac Man/Galaga 20 Year, Pole Position II, Rush 2049, Nitro Ground Shaker, Bicep Buster, Xenon, Centipede, Cyclone, Grand Lizard, Gladiator, Spring Break, Alley Master, Barb Wire, Funhouse, Street Fighter II, Stargate, Silverball Mania, Ms Pac Man, Outrun, Mortal Kombat 4, Cue Ball Wizard, Multicade 39 in 1, X Files, Hard Body, Breakshot, Mega Touch Force 2005.5, Stratavox, Area 51/Maximun Force, Pinbot, High Speed 2, Toy Crest, Genesis, Spy Hunter, Surf Safari, Harlem Globetrotters, 1942, Eight Ball"

List of Parts:

"60 Neo-Geo Game Cartridges, Big Load of Plastic Lane Dividers, Big Supply of Legs w/hardware, Numerous Lockdown Rails, Large Supply of Lift out parts for back glass (all metal), Multiple Bally Solenoid Driver Boards (Used), Numerous Power Supplies for Williams (1984-1988), Large Supply of Standing Targets, Large Supply of Push Buttons for Gottlieb (up to 1991), Large Supply of Push buttons for most pinball in 1990, Large Supply of Push Buttons for Video Games"

I think the games and parts lists may need to be updated with additional titles and items, but I will update this post once that happens. Also I believe that the auction location will be at the Lost Sock Laundromat at K-15 and Pawnee, and once that is verified on the site I will update here as well.

#2 5 years ago

Could be interesting! My van will be in the shop or I might consider taking a ride West again but I doubt it would be worth my time & fuel cost for me. There might be some deals at this sale because seller is using an out of town auctioneer that will not have his regular local customers. I have found from past experience sometimes that equals good deals for buyers. No real high power titles to draw high power bidders could also be an issue for the seller!

In any event hopefully both buyers & seller make out OK on this one! I doubt prices will be as high as were posted from that last auction!

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

A friend of mine who operates games in the Wichita area is retiring from the business and will be having a large pinball and arcade auction on Sunday, May 20. He is using the same auction company that did the Tulsa auction back in February. In addition to the working games, he's also got a ton of parts, boards, extra playfields and project games accumulated over several decades of being in the business. Here is a link to the sale bill including a partial inventory of games as well as a number of photos:
    http://bidloud.com/wichita_pinballs
    From the announcement:
    Sunday, May 20th 2:00 p.m.
    Location to be announced
    Wichita, Kansas
    "We are Selling at Auction 70 Pinball & Arcade Machines. Offered individually to the highest bidder. Ranging in age from 1970’s thru 2001. The majority of this inventory is in a vending companies working machine inventory. We will be moving machines in from various locations to one central location for the auction. The Auction is on Sunday, May 20th @ 2 pm. Preview and inspection time will begin 2 hours before auction @ 12 noon, May 20th. We have an remote bidding option. Remote bidding will incur a participation fee, paid upfront before the auction begins. As well as the machines, we have a large inventory play fields, parts and more.
    Auctioneer's Note: We want to Thank our Selling Client and entrusting us with their inventory of Pinball & Arcade machines. The majority of these machines will be working in the Seller’s vending operation right up to the time of the auction. Here is a Great Opportunity to buy late model working arcade & pinball machines that you may have played in your youth or just yesterday."
    List of Games:
    "Big Hurt, Cyclopes, Tee'd Off, Galaga, Jokerz, Neo-Geo, Lost World, Mario Andretti, Comet, Star Wars Episode 1, Eight Ball Deluxe, Super Mario Brothers, Ms Pac Man/Galaga 20 Year, Pole Position II, Rush 2049, Nitro Ground Shaker, Bicep Buster, Xenon, Centipede, Cyclone, Grand Lizard, Gladiator, Spring Break, Alley Master, Barb Wire, Funhouse, Street Fighter II, Stargate, Silverball Mania, Ms Pac Man, Outrun, Mortal Kombat 4, Cue Ball Wizard, Multicade 39 in 1, X Files, Hard Body, Breakshot, Mega Touch Force 2005.5, Stratavox, Area 51/Maximun Force, Pinbot, High Speed 2, Toy Crest, Genesis, Spy Hunter, Surf Safari, Harlem Globetrotters, 1942, Eight Ball"
    List of Parts:
    "60 Neo-Geo Game Cartridges, Big Load of Plastic Lane Dividers, Big Supply of Legs w/hardware, Numerous Lockdown Rails, Large Supply of Lift out parts for back glass (all metal), Multiple Bally Solenoid Driver Boards (Used), Numerous Power Supplies for Williams (1984-1988), Large Supply of Standing Targets, Large Supply of Push Buttons for Gottlieb (up to 1991), Large Supply of Push buttons for most pinball in 1990, Large Supply of Push Buttons for Video Games"
    I think the games and parts lists may need to be updated with additional titles and items, but I will update this post once that happens. Also I believe that the auction location will be at the Lost Sock Laundromat at K-15 and Pawnee, and once that is verified on the site I will update here as well.

I think I may head over to this one......Lost Sock done with having pins?

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

I think I may over to this one......Lost Sock done with having pins?

Yeah pretty much from what I understand. Dan has been in the business for his entire professional career and is ready to retire. I don't think he intends to operate any games on route after this.

#5 5 years ago

Not much "chatter" about this one with less than 2 weeks to go until the auction. This might? have all the making of a buyers auction which would be sad for the seller & auctioneer. My van will be in the shop for about 3 weeks so I have zero chance of going, even if I wanted to, but this one might be worth a few hour drive if anyone "fairly close" is looking for any of the listed machines.

#6 5 years ago

From what I’ve heard from a friend who has played there, the games are not in the best condition

#7 5 years ago

The games are in as good of condition as the ones in Tulsa. They are routed and need cleaned up. They are not brand new but they are not beaten down to the wood. The Breakshot looks almost new but is down on a pop bumper and the ball locker is not working.

Dan could have done a better job keeping them shopped. You will need to shop them but that is back page news.

The Eight Ball Delux LE is an LE but mylar was laid down a long time ago and there is a nice play field under that mylar. Most of (not all) play fields are fairly nice.

He recently sold a Stern Lightening that had some light play field wear but it also had mint back glass.

On all of them the cabinets have been drilled for the high strength security bars that were installed.

The back glasses or translites are nice.

Nothing is mint condition but they are not trash.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

The games are in as good of condition as the ones in Tulsa. They are routed and need cleaned up. They are not brand new but they are not beaten down to the wood. The Breakshot looks almost new but is down on a pop bumper and the ball locker is not working.
    Dan could have done a better job keeping them shopped. You will need to shop them but that is back page news.
    The Eight Ball Delux LE is an LE but mylar was laid down a long time ago and there is a nice play field under that mylar. Most of (not all) play fields are fairly nice.
    He recently sold a Stern Lightening that had some light play field wear but it also had mint back glass.
    On all of them the cabinets have been drilled for the high strength security bars that were installed.
    The back glasses or translites are nice.
    Nothing is mint condition but they are not trash.

Thanks for bumping this post and giving buyers (or potential buyers) more information. I don't know why there isn't more "buzz" or talk about this auction but I have a feeling this one might be a "buyers sale" if anyone is reading this that is reasonable close to the sale. I can't justify another long drive after just getting back from a 5000 mile round trip to El Paso, Texas to pick up a load or I would be on the way. Hopefully seller does OK but in my eyes it isn't looking too good for him so far.

#9 5 years ago

I am headed down to Texoma on Friday.....might have to come back through Wichita Sunday to check things out.

#10 5 years ago

The game list on the auction website is kind of confusing because they mixed all of the pinball and arcade titles together, plus there are a number of titles that will have multiple machines in the auction. So after visiting with the operator last night I think I have a more accurate listing of the pinball machines that will be in the sale.

Pinball Machines:
    Cyclopes
    Breakshot
    Funhouse
    4 x Jokerz (2 are project machines)
    2 x Comet
    2 x Cyclone
    Grand Lizard
    Star Wars Episode 1
    Xenon
    X-Files
    Eight Ball Deluxe LE
    Lost World
    Hardbody
    Silverball Mania
    4 x Tee'd Off (1 project machine)
    Mario Andretti (project machine)
    2 x Barb Wire
    3 x Gladiators (1 project machine)
    3 x Super Mario Bros. (1 project machine)
    Spring Break
    2 x Big Hurt
    Cue Ball Wizard
    Stargate
    Street Fighter 2

Machines that may or may not be in the auction. Yet to be determined:
    Harlem Globetrotters
    Genesis
    Surf 'N Safari
    Medusa

Machines listed on the auction website that will NOT be in the auction:
    Spy Hunter
    Eight Ball
    High Speed 2

Populated Playfields for Parts:
    2 x Pinbot
    2 x High Speed
    2 x Comet
    2 x Eight Ball Deluxe
    1 x Jokerz
    1 x Nitro Groundshaker

Parts:
    20+ Lockdown Bars
    Legs (numerous)
    Shooter Rods (numerous)
    Boards (numerous)
    Flipper Buttons (numerous)
    Stand-up Targets (numerous)
    Ball Guides (numerous)
    2 x Comet Backglass
    Xenon Backglass
    Eight Ball Deluxe Backglass

That does not include all of the arcades and arcade parts included as well. I just tried to get a list of all the pinball stuff.

Also they finally announced the auction location. It will be at 1925 E. Blake Street which is directly next door to the Lost Sock Laundromat at K-15 and Pawnee. For a while they were considering doing an outdoor auction under a big tent in the parking lot of Lost Sock, but now they have been able to rent the empty building next door which will be better in case of bad weather.

#11 5 years ago

Any info about taxes/fees/buyers premium? Also there is a mention of a fee for remote bidding but no details on how much or how that will happen. Or how long we would have to pick up if we do remote win. Any info on any of that?

Thanks!

#12 5 years ago

I'm assuming they'll be doing the typical buyback on this stuff? Because he's been trying to sell that stuff at somewhat high prices for years. Like I would have possibly bought some of his games if they weren't more expensive than the going rate and need work on top of it. I think most of the stuff worth buying was bought a while ago.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I don't know why there isn't more "buzz" or talk about this auction

Quoted from kst8cat:

He is using the same auction company that did the Tulsa auction back in February.

That's why there isn't more buzz. No one wants to go to an auction and pay three times what the games are worth or come home empty.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

I'm assuming they'll be doing the typical buyback on this stuff? Because he's been trying to sell that stuff at somewhat high prices for years. Like I would have possibly bought some of his games if they weren't more expensive than the going rate and need work on top of it. I think most of the stuff worth buying was bought a while ago.

Actually I don't think there will be a reserve or buy-back on any games. The only ones where that may be a possibility would be Harlem Globetrotters, Surf 'N Safari, or Genesis, but that's not determined yet from my understanding. I know he is keeping just a hand-full of games for his personal collection including Spy Hunter, Rock, Eight Ball, and possibly one or more of those other three.

#15 5 years ago

A number of people did not approve of the way this auction company conduced the last auction so are not going to attend this one. Especially for less sought after machines. One of the issues was the space where the auction was held was too small. It was difficult to determine what was being sold when and trying to navigate through the crowd. It seems like selecting a venue at the last minute might be an issue again. Another concern was how the auctioneer decided to group the machines together for bidding. Again at the last minute. Most people want to bid on a specific machine not on a chance to buy a machine. Three of us went down for the last auction with funds from a couple others who could not make it. This time around none of us have plans to attend.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

Any info about taxes/fees/buyers premium? Also there is a mention of a fee for remote bidding but no details on how much or how that will happen. Or how long we would have to pick up if we do remote win. Any info on any of that?
    Thanks!

I'm not sure about the answers to those questions. May need to call the auction company to find out.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

Thanks!

I can't speak to taxes. Kansas may be different that Oklahoma. I do not recall anyone at Tulsa commenting on taxes. I don't recall anybody talking about buyer's fees or anything like that.

For the remote bidding, I believe, but cannot say with certainty that the remote bidder fee of $50.00 was charged---and I think the fee was refunded if you did buy something.

#18 5 years ago

One thing to be aware of is whether "bidder's choice" will be used again.

Games may be grouped into lots of 4-5 at a time, and highest bid has the option to pay for one, some, or all at that price before the rest are auctioned off.

We saw a few go that way in OK. Generally unwise to exercise the option, but some do anyway.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from GamesGuy5280:

A number of people did not approve of the way this auction company conduced the last auction so are not going to attend this one. Especially for less sought after machines. One of the issues was the space where the auction was held was too small. It was difficult to determine what was being sold when and trying to navigate through the crowd. It seems like selecting a venue at the last minute might be an issue again. Another concern was how the auctioneer decided to group the machines together for bidding. Again at the last minute. Most people want to bid on a specific machine not on a chance to buy a machine. Three of us went down for the last auction with funds from a couple others who could not make it. This time around none of us have plans to attend.

I think staying home is the wise choice. After that last auction plus the fact that he's always had high prices I can't see how you would get deals here. When was the last pinball auction that had legit deals, like 10 to 15 years ago?

#20 5 years ago

I hate to say it but this has all the "makings" of a good buyers auction. Last auction by auctioneer machines brought crazy prices, auctioneer outside of his normal area, seller has a history of being overpriced, nothing "outstanding" for sale, not much attention, etc.

I feel bad for the seller but if you live fairly close it might just be worth the drive to check it out. What do you have to lose other than a couple hours if you are not too far away?

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I hate to say it but this has all the "makings" of a good buyers auction. Last auction by auctioneer machines brought crazy prices, auctioneer outside of his normal area, seller has a history of being overpriced, nothing "outstanding" for sale, not much attention, etc.
    I feel bad for the seller but if you live fairly close it might just be worth the drive to check it out. What do you have to lose other than a couple hours if you are not too far away?

I'm a couple hours away and it's definitely not worth the time. Almost all the games are $2k and less type of games, especially with how dirty they probably are, how are you going to get a deal? If there are any fees on top of it, it would make it almost impossible. Plus there's remote bidding, so that puts a floor on how good of a deal you're going to get too.

#22 5 years ago

Sooooo.... some games were listed, but now they won’t be there. And some might be there, but they might not be. Kinda hard to make plans to go when stuff on the list might not be there at auction time. Not gonna waste a trip there and get rug pulled out. Good luck to the local buyers and there will probably be some great deals.

#23 5 years ago

The Wichita Auction of 70 Pinball & Arcade Machines - NO Buyer's Premium. I am Jay Litchfield the auctioneer. I don't like Buyer's Premiums, so NO Buyer's Premiums.

#24 5 years ago

We have double the space per machine for this auction if you are concerned about getting around to look at them.

#25 5 years ago

As to the questions about what machines are being sold, or held back or reserved. As the Auctioneer, I only make money if sell stuff. I will be encouraging the Seller to offer everything. Still need to convince him on a few games. Here is my point, if you are not there, and I talk him into selling a game you wanted, and you did not attend because you took your advice from someone that is not in the know on this forum. Ouch.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from GamesGuy5280:

^^^THIS.

The auctioneer certainly did well from the seller's standpoint, but from a bidder's standpoint he made me far less likely to drive a long distance to attend one of his future auctions (like this one). The prices were crazy in Tulsa, but that wasn't the auctioneer's fault. When bidders get into a war over things, prices go crazy. When the auctioneer did "Choice of 5" type bidding, its done all the time in the auction business. Expect it from any auction house. There were other legit complaints though, such as the crammed space, HOT & sweaty, (no A/C) and short two-hour same-day preview. That's not NEAR enough time to evaluate dozens of potential purchases! When the machine you're interested in does come up for sale, it's surrounded by bidders, so you can't really see it unless you want to get into an ugly shoving match with other bidders.

Another issue I have is no sale order sheet was given. This is a normal way of business in the auction world. When I attend large aviation or equipment auctions, they ALWAYS provide a sale-order sheet so bidders know the order that things will be sold. Having to stand around in a hot, loud, crowd wondering whats going to sell next is no way to efficiently conduct an auction. Keep bidders comfortable, and give them a bid order list before the auction starts - small things that make a HUGE difference and greatly improve the "buying experience".

#27 5 years ago

We may be ready for you to look earlier than 12 noon on Sunday. If you want to call me and you are in Wichita earlier, we maybe able to make arrangements.

However, I expect in your businesses there are things you see all the time. In the auction business, I have seen people want to come look 4 to 6 hours in advance, and they never stay. Never. So I am sorry that people in the past have made a bad impression on me and thus it effects future buyers.

I am trying to accommodate everyone, so that you can make some good buys.

I heard from many buyers in Tulsa, that you rarely get an opportunity to bid on this many machines in one auction, one day. Here is your opportunity. My thought, don't miss it.

#28 5 years ago

Jay, I think if you'd provide a sale order list it would make a huge difference. And with fewer machines at this auction, its even easier for you to do!

#29 5 years ago

I’m on the fence about driving in for this. Is there a chance to preview the day before? Is it safe to assume the lesser stuff will go up first? I guess I could come in and do my laundry while waiting for the couple of things I want to bid on come up. Will there be a beer cart? I’ve been to some fun and lively auctions where there was.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from BALL_LESS1:

I’m on the fence about driving in for this. Is there a chance to preview the day before? Is it safe to assume the lesser stuff will go up first? I guess I could come in and do my laundry while waiting for the couple of things I want to bid on come up. Will there be a beer cart? I’ve been to some fun and lively auctions where there was.

1. Jay would probably do a preview the day before if enough people asked.
    2. The sale order is up to Jay - that why I want him to provide us a sale order list now so we know which order things will be sold.
    3. Can't do that without a sale order list - See #2 above.
    4. No beer cart at the last auction, but there were sodas, water, and snacks. May have been a flask or two in the room, who knows?

#31 5 years ago

Hello PinPilot, We sold 160 Pinball machines in 3 1/2 hours. That's 45 machines per hour. If we go at that pace on these machines, that should calculate to 1 1/2 hours to do this sale. I am not sure how a sale order will help. Help me understand.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from BidLoudcom:

Hello PinPilot, We sold 160 Pinball machines in 3 1/2 hours. That's 45 machines per hour. If we go at that pace on these machines, that should calculate to 1 1/2 hours to do this sale. I am not sure how a sale order will help. Help me understand.

C'mon.

In your stated scenario of 1.5 hours to sell these machines, then I know if I'm waiting 10 minutes or 90 minutes to bid on the machine I want. It's not a difficult concept. I wouldn't go to an Okie-Joe auction that didn't have one.

#33 5 years ago

Sorry, I am too old to have beer at an auction. I do a lot of charity auctions, and alcohol has caused many a problem in those auctions. On the last auction, every machine got sold, every machine left the building that we rented with NO Beer google confusion. So, Sorry again, no beer cart at this auction.

#34 5 years ago

I won't know the order until I put them in line at the auction location on the day before. What will an order help you guys with?

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from BidLoudcom:

Your point is well taken, as most other auctions I attend are all-day affairs. An hour and a half is not a long auction. But as a buyer, if I'm handed a sheet of paper before the auction thats lists every machine in the sale, in order of sale, I'm going to be a much happier and calmer bidder.

That paper is also going to have your logo, phone #, website, etc on it, so its a brochure for you're company as well. People will hold onto to it after the auction, as a souvenir and a record of sale prices. Its a win-win.

Try it just this once, and then let us know how it worked. We'll do the same!

#36 5 years ago

At the last auction, I sold them in chronological order up to a point. Then switched to the Spiderman & Ms. Pacman group which were 1980s machines. I sold some of the higher selling machines early in the auction. I will probably keep the better machines early or in the middle. Parts and pieces will be at the end of the auction like we sold tools the last time. Does that help on your time issues?

#37 5 years ago

If I make a sale order sheet, will you attend "for sure"? Swear by it? Or just wanting to cause a ruckus?

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from BidLoudcom:

I won't know the order until I put them in line at the auction location on the day before. What will an order help you guys with?

Put in line in the order you have them listed for sale.

#39 5 years ago

Will you attend if I make a sale order sheet?

#40 5 years ago

No ruckus here, Jay! I'm trying to help you get more attendance, at least from people on this forum. And yes, with a sale order sheet I may just change my mind and attend! All the better auctions have one!

You could even put the machines into "groups", say 1-6, then sell the groups in order. Individual machines in a group would be at the auctioneer's discretion. Maybe that's easier on you but "good enough" for us buyers.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

Thanks!

Normally you would add 18 to 20% to your winning bid. So a $4000 pinball purchase is now about $4,800. Ouch!!!

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Normally you would add 18 to 20% to your winning bid. So a $4000 pinball purchase is now about $4,800. Ouch!!!

Jay, the auctioneer, doesn't charge any buyer's fees.

#43 5 years ago

I am interested in a game or two if anyone attending is willing to bid on my behalf.

Happy to pay for services and can deal with transport if I am a winning bidder.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

NO Buyer's Premium at this auction.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am interested in a game or two if anyone attending is willing to bid on my behalf.
    Happy to pay for services and can deal with transport if I am a winning bidder.

Whysnow, We have a remote bidding process. Just send me an email to [email protected] and I will send you the packet.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from BidLoudcom:

Will you attend if I make a sale order sheet?

I will, and I’ll wear a name tag and introduce myself.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from BidLoudcom:

We have a remote bidding process.

Never did remote bidding. Are there pictures of the machines to see before bidding?

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from KoolFingers:

Never did remote bidding. Are there pictures of the machines to see before bidding?

KoolFingers, Go to our website www.BidLoud.com 210 photos on our website.

#49 5 years ago

I prefer actions where each machine is sold individually. I don't like it when they are grouped and sold choice, that is a BIG turn off for me.

#50 5 years ago

This is the same for me. Especially when this is announced only an hour before the auction.

Quoted from ita47:

I prefer actions where each machine is sold individually. I don't like it when they are grouped and sold choice, that is a BIG turn off for me.

Auctioneers have a duty to the sellers that's for certain. But they also have a duty to the buyers. The auctioneer associations agree with this as well. I believe that this includes a general order and number of lots to be auctioned. (Of course it is understandable that certain items for various reasons will need to be pulled from the lineup.) The style or manner in which the lots will be sold e.g. Buyers choice, dutch, one money, individual items, etc..etc. A selected location which allows for the buyers to easily and readily see and know what is being auctioned at any given time. Knowing in advance which lots have reserves or buy back options. Knowing in advance how remote bidders will be involved.

It does not seem reasonable to me that these things are not planned, known and posted well in advance of the actual auction.

Like I mentioned previously, based on these circumstances and our experience at the Tulsa auction, our group of pinball enthusiasts will not be attending this auction.

There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-auction-in-wichita-ks-52018-70-pins-arcades and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.