Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 days ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6222 (resized).jpeg
    20220220_123205 (resized).jpg
    20220220_123055 (resized).jpg
    20220220_121403 (resized).jpg
    20220220_121144 (resized).jpg
    20220220_120206 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball-armor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 11 years ago

Hi guys, Darren here from Pinball Armor. As has been said, we designed our product to be a durable, convenient, and reliable alternative for transporting and storing machines. Definitely not a dust cover!

Totally happy to extend the Expo discount through the end of the year. Just enter the code EXPO2012 for $50 off.

I've been collecting since the early 90s, but we just launched our company this summer. Hopefully, as we grow the business and gain the confidence to make larger production runs, we will be able to reduce our costs and reflect that in our price.

We really want to build trust in the community so please, if any of you guys decide to pick up our product and are unhappy in any way, don't hesitate to send it back for a full refund.

Happy holidays!

Darren

#14 11 years ago

Hi guys, appreciate all the comments.

Frax, totally understand where you're coming from. We have also heard that using our covers for delivery would actually make some individuals less money because they make a profit off of labor and materials associated with crating. In these situations, I still think our cover might make sense, particularly if the "wow factor" of delivery is important. With our product, offloading and set up is so clean that it might help for high end machines/return sales.

Barry, I totally think you will be fine with a light dusting or shower, but I would still put a tarp over the machine with the armor just to be safe. We haven't done any extensive testing to see how much of a soaking our product can take (for those who haven't seen it, it's canvas outside/moving blanket inside) and I would hate for something to happen to the pin you are transporting. We have thought about spraying the entire product with water repellant, but we have not done so with any of our runs to date.

#16 11 years ago

Andras, that is exactly what our cover is for... shipping, moving, transportation, storage.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from Angyalpor:

So sorry about the misunderstanding.

No worries at all! Good luck with your product!

D

8 years later
    #35 2 years ago

Hi All, thanks to John for pinging me, did not realize the thread restarted. For those who don't know me, I'm Darren, the guy that created Pinball Armor and still holds the patent. Folks are correct… Really had to put the fire suit on in the early days as my product was labeled as "overpriced" and a "glorified barbecue cover" by plenty of people. But I was okay with that, as a collector 1st that moves more than I would like because my day job, the product did everything I needed. And there was a great subset of customers that loved it as well, which provided great validation, even if I wasn't making any money. We partnered with Stern to produce a run. We tightened up the tolerances to more snugly fit the Stern head, which in hindsight was stupid, because they are too tight for Williams/Bally machines. Oh well, hindsight is 2020! Also, we always manufactured domestically, thinking that "Made in the USA" would resonate with the community. I think it did, but it also devastated the business model, as people rightly cited above that all I heard about was complaints about pricing.

Here's the simple quick and dirty: if someone wants to pick up and run with this, I'm happy to consider selling the patent and transferring my knowledge for a nominal fee. I may have a few extra head covers and leg bags in my basement, plus my full inventory for my games, so there is a few pieces that would accompany. I have a decent list of individuals that have asked me to produce another run which I could also transfer. I would also consider trading everything I previously stated for a game or 2 depending on title and condition.

In the end, I would love to see my product live on, and if I could get a little something out of it, full transparency, that would be nice. The entire journey was incredibly validating in the sense that I actually made something that people liked but financially it never worked out. We spent a fortune on the patent and maybe we were just ahead of our time. Perhaps now it would work.

Probably not my most well thought out post, but this was my quick data dump!

Best,

Darren

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is truly the perfect project for Titan Pinball. The timing is right for this product.
    I hope they reach out to you Darren. If this product gets remade, I will order two sets. Put me on whatever list there is a customer if this gets remade please. Thank you.

Thank you, I don't know Titan Pinball, but I will look them up. And I will definitely put you down on the list for 2 sets!

#44 2 years ago

Hi, I will definitely update the list. And to be clear, I could make the product, I just don't have the bandwidth right now. I will reach out to Titan Pinball, but if anyone has an existing entity and wants to run point send me a note and we can discuss.

#48 2 years ago

I shot them a note through their website, will let you know when they respond.

1 month later
    #54 2 years ago

Hey everyone, Pinball Armor is still moving forward. We are still dealing with vendors to make sure we can deliver the product you know and expect.

Also, we are putting together a new website/store, and once we get the product in stock, you can place your orders there. But it all needs to be put together before opening the store.

We are excited to get Pinball Armor back up to speed soon.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball-armor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-armor?tu=pinball-armor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.