6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by marksf123
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Has anyone tried Pinball Armor from www.pinballarmor.com? I like the idea but it looks a little expensive to me. If you have one of these, do you think it is worth the price?

#2 6 years ago

looks pretty good if you move your machines a lot.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tortelvis:

Has anyone tried Pinball Armor from http://www.pinballarmor.com? .........do you think it is worth the price?

no!

there is a guy here selling pinball covers, cabinet and backbox for $50.00. make that $75 with shipping. maybe not the same material, but will do perfectly.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-cover

#4 6 years ago

Seems like over kill or over price. I have the $40 ones from Ebay. They work fine as long as the head isn't folded down. They are not Goretex though.
    You can get a dozen high quality moving blankets for $100 too.

#5 6 years ago

This actually is a real nice product. The Armor is a full Pad, good and thick. It really does protect the pinball machine.

If you have HUO machines and move them this is perfect. Seen these a Expo

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from ilovegames007:

This actually is a real nice product. The Armor is a full Pad, good and thick. It really does protect the pinball machine.
    If you have HUO machines and move them this is perfect. Seen these a Expo

I also seen the pin armor on display at the EXPO and thought looked very nice. These are not designed to be dust covers. Dust covers are designed to cover your pins and protect them from dust. Pin armor are heavy duty and designed for moving pins. If you have moved pins before and used blankets, cardboard, shrink wrap, foam, towels, etc to protect the machine then this pin armor would basically replace all those materials and really be all you need. I am pretty AR so spend quite a bit of time prepping a machine when I buy or sell one. This product would cut down on the hassle and also provide nice protection. While they are not a necessity you are basically paying for a convenience. I don't buy/sell machines that much anymore so really don't have any need for the product, but when I seen it at the EXPO I thought of all the times I picked up machines and how this would have been handy to have to just thrown on the machine and be done with it.

#7 6 years ago

I saw this at expo too and actually thought about buying it. I think its a great idea. They were running a $50 off show special, so the set was $200 at the time. Expensive, but it looked like really nice stuff, and does replace the need to buy shrink wrap. Also makes it easier and safer to transport nice machines. I didn't buy a set, but I kind of wish I did. Would take the worry out of scratching a game when moving it. Maybe I will farm that out for a Christmas gift idea!

#8 6 years ago

I might order one to put on my CC when it leaves in a few weeks. Does anyone know the discount code?

#9 6 years ago

Hi guys, Darren here from Pinball Armor. As has been said, we designed our product to be a durable, convenient, and reliable alternative for transporting and storing machines. Definitely not a dust cover!

Totally happy to extend the Expo discount through the end of the year. Just enter the code EXPO2012 for $50 off.

I've been collecting since the early 90s, but we just launched our company this summer. Hopefully, as we grow the business and gain the confidence to make larger production runs, we will be able to reduce our costs and reflect that in our price.

We really want to build trust in the community so please, if any of you guys decide to pick up our product and are unhappy in any way, don't hesitate to send it back for a full refund.

Happy holidays!

Darren

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

While they are not a necessity you are basically paying for a convenience.

At my payscale, that's not a luxury worth paying for, and frankly, unless a buyer is paying for it, I'm not sending them 250$ worth of packing materials when someone buys a pin from me, when I'm capable of suitably protecting it for SUBSTANTIALLY less. Now, if it was for personal use on a valuable game that gets moved around a lot (Come on guys...I took my STTNG to a friend's party on a whim... LOL...) I could see it potentially being worth the expense....for guys that already have a full lineup.

Thanks for joining the site and posting about it Darren. Always good to know that the creators of this stuff aren't just putting it out there with a price tag and turning a blind eye/ear to feedback. That's a nice discount.

#11 6 years ago

I saw it at EXPO also, it was really well made. Since he is extending the discount I might have to grab one.

#12 6 years ago

If I was ever going to ship a game for restoration I think this would be a worthy investment for a high end pin. Good luck with your business.

Could you make these to cover a mattress with a zipper and some sort of handles? If you can please PM me as I my company is looking for a reusable mattress bag for transport. Sorry for thread hijack but you need to run with good ideas when you have them.

#13 6 years ago

The another good idea associated with this product is rain proof. I will be moving a pin from Arkansas up to St. Louis in the open bed of my pickup. The owner happens to own a pinball armor cover and as such will not have to be concerned with rain or snow or wind during transport. Using a tarp tends to have wind beating the tarp against the pinball machine where as the pinball armor is heavy and will not be flapping in the wind.

You don't need to have a high end pin to invest $200/$250 in protection for your machine. You easily spend that in new plastics, flipper rebuild kits, new translite, side mirrors, an LED kit, etc. in fixing up just about any interesting pin. Of course you might have to draw a line in where you stop spending -- but the pinball armor fits more than one game in a line up.

Barry

#14 6 years ago

Hi guys, appreciate all the comments.

Frax, totally understand where you're coming from. We have also heard that using our covers for delivery would actually make some individuals less money because they make a profit off of labor and materials associated with crating. In these situations, I still think our cover might make sense, particularly if the "wow factor" of delivery is important. With our product, offloading and set up is so clean that it might help for high end machines/return sales.

Barry, I totally think you will be fine with a light dusting or shower, but I would still put a tarp over the machine with the armor just to be safe. We haven't done any extensive testing to see how much of a soaking our product can take (for those who haven't seen it, it's canvas outside/moving blanket inside) and I would hate for something to happen to the pin you are transporting. We have thought about spraying the entire product with water repellant, but we have not done so with any of our runs to date.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

no!
    there is a guy here selling pinball covers, cabinet and backbox for $50.00. make that $75 with shipping. maybe not the same material, but will do perfectly.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-cover

Thanks, Beatmaster!

I hope, you will enjoy the cover for a long time!

Our covers now are protective covers, against dust and sun.
    From January we will sell a few other things for pinballs. Solutions for a transportation, because that is the most difficult thing...

Andras

#16 6 years ago

Andras, that is exactly what our cover is for... shipping, moving, transportation, storage.

#17 6 years ago

I met Darren and saw his Pinball Armor at Expo this year. I just went under contract to purchase a new home and antisapated the task of moving several high end machines. Pinball Armor did the trick and really put my mind at ease.

High quality material, well constructed and the entire machine is thoughly protected even the under side.

Darren's a good guy to deal with. Buy with confidence.

Kim

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Armor:

Andras, that is exactly what our cover is for... shipping, moving, transportation, storage.

Hello!

Of course,I see!
    I really don't want to do a similar product, like yours!
    I plan to design come "cradle" from a strong material, what can be fixed under the cabinet, and has four handle on it. Some people hasn't got a pinball lorry, than two people can move the machines more easily.
    So sorry about the misunderstanding.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Angyalpor:

So sorry about the misunderstanding.

No worries at all! Good luck with your product!

D

3 months later
    #20 6 years ago

This http://www.pinballarmor.com/ product is the bomb. I have moved my games from Chicago to Dallas and man it holds up! I know the product is being used to move the WOZ machines from show to show and I know that Stern is in love with the product and so am I. I also, know that if you care about your game and it's condition then this is a no brainer. I have moved games in moving blankets and wrap and what a pain in the butt. How I do not worry. Thanks Darren you made one heck of a product.

3 years later
    #21 2 years ago

Bumping am old thread. Is this product still produced? I saw the product in person last week and it's pretty awesome.

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Bumping am old thread. Is this product still produced? I saw the product in person last week and it's pretty awesome.

Unfortunately, no. The owner got out of the business as it just wasn't selling well enough.
    I bought a set and wish I had two. It's incredible. Just too expensive for most people to purchase frequently.

#23 2 years ago

i bought 2 sets as i was moving across the country - still wish i could get more. It was worth the price

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 750.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 199.99
    € 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 9,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 7,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 254.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 6.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside