5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by slghokie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Went into Xbox 360 Pinball Arcade tonight to play (July 5) and noticed many of the tables I purchased were gone. I knew the Williams deadline happened but if you bought those you should keep them. And the tables I lost were mostly non-williams....Addams Family, Big Shot, Scared Stiff, Victory, Class of 1812 etc. I can see the tables in my download history. I can download them again...but it does not update in game. Is anyone else experiencing this?

--------------------------------
    Your browser/os information:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 (this will help us make sense of your bug report)

#2 5 years ago

I can't really answer for certain as I'm not up on this, but I will mention that some of those tables you mentioned would still be included in the license loss, e.g. Addams Family and Scared Stiff. Williams owned Bally after 1988, so any more recent game with the Bally name still falls under their property.

Don't know what's up with the rest though.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

I can't really answer for certain as I'm not up on this, but I will mention that some of those tables you mentioned would still be included in the license loss, e.g. Addams Family and Scared Stiff. Williams owned Bally after 1988, so any more recent game with the Bally name still falls under their property.
    Don't know what's up with the rest though.

But even if the ownership falls correctly, the announcement said you would keep your Williams tables "However, customers who purchased any of these tables prior to the deadline will continue to own them and have access to them within the Pinball Arcade, and we will continue to support them as we do the other tables in our collection. This change will affect all of our devices and platforms.".

This was the response I got from the support at farsight:

"We are very sorry for the trouble, unfortunately the publishers Crave have recently removed the Pinball Arcade form the Marketplace and all of the content along with it. We are very sorry for the trouble."

"Unfortunately they will not transfer to the Xbox One or be reinstated on the 360. If you can we recommend trying to get a refund through Microsoft."

Did not see that in any announcement.

#4 5 years ago

Digital downloads are the wave of the future they said...never lose your software again they said.....right.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from slghokie:

But even if the ownership falls correctly, the announcement said you would keep your Williams tables "However, customers who purchased any of these tables prior to the deadline will continue to own them and have access to them within the Pinball Arcade, and we will continue to support them as we do the other tables in our collection. This change will affect all of our devices and platforms.".
    This was the response I got from the support at farsight:
    "We are very sorry for the trouble, unfortunately the publishers Crave have recently removed the Pinball Arcade form the Marketplace and all of the content along with it. We are very sorry for the trouble."
    "Unfortunately they will not transfer to the Xbox One or be reinstated on the 360. If you can we recommend trying to get a refund through Microsoft."
    Did not see that in any announcement.

Yep it sounds like they never planned on updating the code for last gen. Caveat emptor.

#6 5 years ago

Hmm? I play on Xbox 360 every morning (ShredCentral420) and all 53 tables are there. Was there a message when you first turned it on about a error? I lost a few games a couple years back when a power surge happened right when I was saving a game. Of course you could just download them again then. Did you try reloading it? Same results?

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Hmm? I play on Xbox 360 every morning (ShredCentral420) and all 53 tables are there. Was there a message when you first turned it on about a error? I lost a few games a couple years back when a power surge happened right when I was saving a game. Of course you could just download them again then. Did you try reloading it? Same results?

dirkdiggler, so if yours is working now with all the games on 360 and mine is not then the situation is worse. The it is not all or nothing based on farsight support comments. I tried to delete and reinstall everthing......the purchased tables still do not come back

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from slghokie:

dirkdiggler, so if yours is working now with all the games on 360 and mine is not then the situation is worse. The it is not all or nothing based on farsight support comments. I tried to delete and reinstall everthing......the purchased tables still do not come back

Man that sucks. When I saw your post I turned it on immediately to make sure all the tables were still there. Even plugged in the old white 360 to see if it still works. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen to me. I regret not picking up a cheap ps3 to download the rest of the seasons before the change.

2 weeks later
    #9 5 years ago

UPDATE: Farsight could not resolve the issue on Xbox 360 due to Crave actions. Instead they offered me 1 season on Xbox One. I found a used Xbox One since I did not have one and got Season 1 tables. Effectively they replaced the # and most of the titles/tables I wanted. Still odd that Gottlieb tables were removed...but I got some back in Season 1 and can buy the rest (really just want Victory and Class of 1812).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-arcade-xbox-360-lost-purchased-tables?hl=flashdaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.