Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Bendit
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170215_084148 (resized).jpg
    20170210_135652 (resized).jpg
    20170213_192032 (resized).jpg
    20170224_184930-1 (resized).jpg
    20170224_185010-1 (resized).jpg
    20170224_185028-1 (resized).jpg
    20170224_185107 (resized).jpg
    20170224_185052 (resized).jpg
    20170224_185704-1 (resized).jpg
    20170224_185421-1 (resized).jpg
    Crying Jordan (resized).jpg
    There-Is-No-Substitute (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 4.05.44 PM (resized).png
    Rage (resized).jpg
    You_Doodle_2017-01-10T19_59_47Z (resized).jpg
    You_Doodle_2017-01-10T19_59_10Z (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cornelius.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 8 years ago

I love it, haters be damned.

1 year later
    #87 7 years ago

Bronty there is just something enough "off" about TPA that has everyone on some championship pro scoring when they play. It's happened to me, it's happened to you, it's happened to everyone I've ever talked to.

I took my nephew out to play some pins a few days ago. He's a huge fan of MM as well, and it was the first time he got his hands on a real one. His high IRL after an afternoon of playing was 70m. His high on TPA is 200m. He still had an absolute blast though!

So I know this is a terrible answer to your dilemma but... find one IRL. Play it. See if you like it as much. And in the meantime, keep playing whatever you can, virtually or in reality, and see what's all out there. Expand your mind.

#99 7 years ago

Sims of real life tables help you learn their rules.

PinballFX tables are fun to play because of how impossible the things would be in real life (or, how intriguing they might be to actually MAKE in real life)

Alien Crush and Devils Crush were rad, and if you know these games,

Sims of real life tables by companies like Zaccaria are the only way most of us will ever see these tables.

Sonic Pinball sucked, but it had Blast Processing.

Pokemon Pinball for the Gameboy is surprisingly fun

So is Metroid Pinball for the DS

Rollers of the Realm is like a weird pinRPG, what's not to love?

You can either be a closed minded REAL BRAH PINBALL BRAH like so many of the manchildren on here (hi @crazylevi!) or you can open your mind and appreciate all the different ways to flip there are out there.

#103 7 years ago

I have an actual cocktail pinball that works better as a table than a pin. I think that deserves a pass from the Pinball Police.

#104 7 years ago

You_Doodle_2017-01-10T19_59_10Z (resized).jpgYou_Doodle_2017-01-10T19_59_10Z (resized).jpg
    You_Doodle_2017-01-10T19_59_47Z (resized).jpgYou_Doodle_2017-01-10T19_59_47Z (resized).jpg

#122 7 years ago

Yeah not really offended, just kinda wanted to respond to see what |33+ meme you'd post in response

But I meant it about my cocktail pin though. It's a literal table.

#129 7 years ago

I had the opportunity to see how my Pinball Arcade practicing translated into real life last weekend at INDISC.

Creature From the Black Lagoon was the first one. On PA, I can consistently hit the snack bar scoop from the right flipper. If I try to hit it on the left flipper, chances are it will hit the post next to the scoop and go STDM.

IRL it was completely the opposite. Trying to hit the scoop with the right flipper would result in STDM, but going off the left flipper was much more successful.

And then there's the left ramp. You know how you can hit the left ramp almost too much on PA? I couldn't make the damn shot ONCE. On the other hand, I was rocking the right ramp IRL whereas I have trouble making it on a regular basis on PA.

Then I tried my luck with Twilight Zone. Hooooo boy. I can safely catch the ball coming out of the slot machine scoop every single time on PA. Tried that sh!t on the real deal and the ball rolled off my flipper, up the inlane and over to the outlane. And then I was like, eff Twilight Zone, there's no way I'm coming close to Robert Gagno's 5 bazillion point high.

#131 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bronty:

To me, you've totally nailed what to this noob is the biggest difference. The kickouts, like you described with TZ. PA kickouts are the same every time, once you figure out a strategy for a given game you can safely cradle the ball at so many points in the game. Seems much harder to do IRL.

Exactly, and it was a painful lesson to learn in the middle of a huge tournament! But in fairness to PA, I never knew all the intricacies of those tables before spending so much time on them virtually. That was a huge benefit to me in the long run!

#138 7 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

I have it for the 360 and sadly it looks like they're done doing updates for that console.

That sucks, but lemme tell ya - at least the 360 owners got more tables than us WiiU owners.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cornelius.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-arcade-vs-real-pinball?tu=cornelius and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.