Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Bendit
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170215_084148 (resized).jpg
    20170210_135652 (resized).jpg
    20170213_192032 (resized).jpg
    20170224_184930-1 (resized).jpg
    20170224_185010-1 (resized).jpg
    20170224_185028-1 (resized).jpg
    20170224_185107 (resized).jpg
    20170224_185052 (resized).jpg
    20170224_185704-1 (resized).jpg
    20170224_185421-1 (resized).jpg
    Crying Jordan (resized).jpg
    There-Is-No-Substitute (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 4.05.44 PM (resized).png
    Rage (resized).jpg
    You_Doodle_2017-01-10T19_59_47Z (resized).jpg
    You_Doodle_2017-01-10T19_59_10Z (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beatnik-filmstar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People I know and trust keep mentioning it and it disgusts me. One guy was bragging about how his girlfriend got 10 billion on AFM or something I was all "no shit, really?" And he says "yeah, on pinball arcade!!!!"
    We are no longer friends.

Lol.

TPA is enjoyable, but as said by others - nothing like the real thing. Great for learning rules, and (sorta) experiencing tables that you may never otherwise get to play.

A personal favorite Farsight glitch.

1 year later
    #121 7 years ago
    Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

Like others I like it as an addition to the hobby not a replacement. I will never find most of these machine in real life so Pinball Arcade is my only choice. I also find I get higher scores on PA than in real life but by a relatively consistent range somewhere between 1.5-3.0 times higher. What I don't get is the top scores in the standings people have scores 100-1000x higher, I don't get it. Usually the weekly or monthly standing the top score is more believable but the all time high is nuts. It would take 2 hours or more to get that many points. I play on an iPad in case that makes a difference. Anyone know what is going on there?

The physics for TPA make some shots easy to repeat. Makes shot - cradle ball - make shot and on and on and on. 2+ hour games are not hard at all depending on the table. If the rules include a repeatable extra ball - it can lead to games that last pretty much as long as you want to play.

Medieval Madness for example. Do nothing but start multiballs. Hit your five ramps, collect the super jackpot and then collect the EB. Max out your extra balls and then start in on Castles. Lose a ball - just go back to multiballs until you get it back. For whatever reason,

Other tables are even worse. Repeatable extra balls, and a single shot that dominates scoring. I'm looking at you, Centaur.

http://i.imgur.com/nm2OUO5.gif
    Centaur in a nutshell. Hit the captive ball until you collect the extra. Then keep hitting it for 100K a shot. Hold the flipper, cradle, post pass, and hit the captive ball.

This is me finally quitting a game of Scared Stiff. 2.4 billion on ball one with four EBs waiting - somewhere around 2.5 to 3 hours into it. I just couldn't take it any more.

#124 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bronty:

yeah I noticed the ease of repetition as well. I can't play well enough to play for 2 hours, that's for sure, but I hear you. Good point

I don't play TPA that much anymore - still haven't bought seasons 5 or 6. But when I do, I tend to play tables that don't allow for the marathon games via unlimited EBs.

I think one of the best tables on the platform is Dracula. No unlimited EBs that I know of, no single shot that dominates the scoring to the point of making other shots worthless, and just brutally mean outlanes.

Edit - couple things. You mentioned playing on a pad. I play on my PC with an Xbox controller. Feels good, triggers for flippers is intuitive, and the analog stick for nudging is right there at an instant.

Also, not sure if these were ever fixed, but other than a few obviously hacked scores (Used to be someone with over a million on Central Park) there was definitely a bug that affected the leaderboards on RBION a few years ago. And I suspect something was up with TOTAN as well. I know there's the whole "take Harem multiball into the wizard mode" exploit that can lead to stupid high scores, but I refuse to believe that THAT many people had pulled that exploit off.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beatnik-filmstar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-arcade-vs-real-pinball?tu=beatnik-filmstar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.