Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Bendit
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170215_084148 (resized).jpg
    20170210_135652 (resized).jpg
    20170213_192032 (resized).jpg
    20170224_184930-1 (resized).jpg
    20170224_185010-1 (resized).jpg
    20170224_185028-1 (resized).jpg
    20170224_185107 (resized).jpg
    20170224_185052 (resized).jpg
    20170224_185704-1 (resized).jpg
    20170224_185421-1 (resized).jpg
    Crying Jordan (resized).jpg
    There-Is-No-Substitute (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 4.05.44 PM (resized).png
    Rage (resized).jpg
    You_Doodle_2017-01-10T19_59_47Z (resized).jpg
    You_Doodle_2017-01-10T19_59_10Z (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 7 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

As mentioned in DefaultGen's post, balls flying off the table, balls getting stuck in infinite loops, etc.
    Here's one of my personal favorites. Also this isn't some crazy freak occurrence, I've had it happen multiple times.
    » YouTube video
    EDIT: I'm referring to the crazy audio glitch that happens towards the end of the video. The thing with having to "Call Attendent" is a common and less exciting glitch

Jesus, volume warning!

#92 7 years ago

By the way, I'm a dirty pirate in this situation. I buy everything else (ESPECIALLY music, I love to support artists, big or small) besides streaming the occasional movie I'm never going to watch twice but I can't justify spending so much money on this - this game gets EXPENSIVE! If they released it at a base price and then released more and more tables for free like pretty much any other game (okay, there's a lot of paid-DLC games these days, but usually at less of a cost), then I would bite. Hell, at least do it like the PS2 days and release some for one game, and then make a sequel or something. Both with a decent honest amount of games on it. Not saying anybody else do it, but that's my take on it.

It's a weird thing, we're paying people who make this game, who are paying people who own the rights to these games, who likely had no position in the pinball businesses when they were in operation, who likely aren't paying any of the original designers, either because they're just not getting any more royalties or because they've been dead for 30 years. Now, I'm not one who can dictate who should and shouldn't get paid for any amount of work, but I don't lose sleep over it - I wouldn't be a customer regardless if it was available through other means or not.

It's a glorified emulator (it literally emulates the factory code, and they link their software up to this and 3D model the playfield, which is where their "job" comes in - and the EMs are coded from scratch which is fairly easy to do as a developer myself), and of course they're going to charge for their work, I just can't justify it. Especially when they want people to pay "special guy" pricing to access one table's operator settings.

Visual Pinball isn't as polished but it's made by pinball fans, includes nearly EVERY game ever invented prior to a certain year, and gives full access to the operator menus - and it's completely 100% free.

#93 7 years ago

Lest we forget (The points are cheated in this screenshot btw)

hqdefault (7) (resized).jpghqdefault (7) (resized).jpg

#96 7 years ago

Did TPA ever release that fully brand new table they were planning on?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-arcade-vs-real-pinball?tu=Otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.