Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Bendit
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170215_084148 (resized).jpg
    20170210_135652 (resized).jpg
    20170213_192032 (resized).jpg
    20170224_184930-1 (resized).jpg
    20170224_185010-1 (resized).jpg
    20170224_185028-1 (resized).jpg
    20170224_185107 (resized).jpg
    20170224_185052 (resized).jpg
    20170224_185704-1 (resized).jpg
    20170224_185421-1 (resized).jpg
    Crying Jordan (resized).jpg
    There-Is-No-Substitute (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 4.05.44 PM (resized).png
    Rage (resized).jpg
    You_Doodle_2017-01-10T19_59_47Z (resized).jpg
    You_Doodle_2017-01-10T19_59_10Z (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OrdealByFire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Anyone played Pinball Arcade? What do you think of it? Do you think scores can translate from digital pinball to the real thing?

#3 8 years ago

The nudging is what I think really makes it so much easier. You can give machines a bump in any direction you want in an instant. It's depressing to go from Pinball Arcade to an actual pinball table because it doesn't translate at all. Other than knowing a table's rules, the games don't play the same way at all.

Of course, it is infinitely more satisfying to get a high score on a real pinball table.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from Donnyman:

The ball seems heavier on the digital side. Like the ball rolls down faster then a real one does on the playfield. Just my thoughts

I disagree for the most part... I find it harder to play a real table because it seems like the ball moves faster, it's more at once (it's not a table confined to a single screen), and like I said in my last post, it's more difficult to bump the table.

Are you saying playing Pinball Arcade is more difficult to score high on?

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Exactly. Really like TPA but in no way does it compare to the real table/s.

That's about the sum of it.

There seems to be just about zero learning curve when playing Pinball Arcade.

#26 8 years ago

It makes me almost prefer Pinball Arcade over actual pinball just because I can at least experience the later stages of a table when I probably never could in person.

As for Scared Stiff, I haven't played a real machine, but I managed 427m yesterday. Gonna go ahead and say I could never do that on an actual table.

#29 8 years ago

I'm lucky as hell... I live in a relatively no-name town in a suburb of Detroit and a half mile from my house there's a bowling alley with 29 machines. I'll be going there again tonight and surely leave full of rage when I remind myself that even though I can do pretty well on Pinball Arcade, the real machines absolutely kick my ass.

Above: I don't get a delay at all. It might be your TV. I got Zen Pinball a couple years ago on my 360 but was over it within a couple of weeks. I can't imagine playing another digital pinball game that's not Pinball Arcade.

#37 8 years ago

Wait, what?

What's glitchy about it?

#49 8 years ago

I've experienced only a handful of minor glitches so far that I barely noticed. Only one that I can think of that was horrible was a ball got stuck or something and the game said it wasn't. I had to tilt, and then three or so minutes later the ball finally dropped. I've played the game for probably 10-12 hours so far is all though.

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ginger:

How do I get this? I played Gottlieb's Pinball classics on PSP and loved it. How do I get this game? is it coming out on playststation 4?

Season One has 22 tables for $30. It's a great price even if you hate the game.

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from accidental:

Agreed! There is a sale on Season One and Two right now and if you are new to the game then these packs are amazing deals. They contain most of the best tables TBA has to offer.
    I've gone off TBA a bit the last couple of seasons. It got me into real pinball to start with but now I struggle to get the lack of realism.

Right now, season one is FIFTEEN BUCKS for 22 tables for the next month. Season two is also fifteen, and I'll be getting it. Great timing to have a sale, I say.

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from raisindot:

Are the sale prices for PS4 versions currently listed on the Playstation store? I went to that site through my web browser rather than through my PS4 and the season 1 and 2 prices weren't sales prices, even though the PS3/PS4 sale is supposed to start today.

There are two versions of season one for some reason... one for $30, another that says $15 (Discounted). For some reason season two isn't up yet, and I'm impatiently waiting.

#70 8 years ago

I am seriously bummed that the sale still isn't showing up on PS4 and it's been a couple days now... I asked FarSight about it and haven't gotten a response (I should be asking Sony).

I really want season two, but I'm not so impatient that I'd spend $15 more for it right now. JEALOUS OF YOU STEAM USERS.

#73 8 years ago

Season One Bundle (21 Tables) - $14.99
    Season One Pro Bundle - $19.99
    Season One Pro Upgrade - $4.99
    Season Two Bundle (19 Tables) -$14.99
    Season Two Pro Bundle - $19.99
    Season Two Pro Upgrade - $4.99

SALE DATES

iOS & Android (Google Play, Amazon & OUYA) - 7/24/15 - 8/28/15
    Steam - 7/25/15 - 8/08/15
    **PS4, PS3 & Vita - 7/29/15 - 8/28/15**
    PS4, PS3 & Vita Europe - Stay tuned
    Xbox One & Xbox 360 - Stay tuned

I messaged them and they said they know about it, but didn't give a timeframe.

#74 8 years ago

Sale is up on PSN for anybody interested. Just downloaded Season Two and am going to play it a little bit now. It's really going to be hard to justify $30 for 10 tables in three or four at this point though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OrdealByFire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-arcade-vs-real-pinball?tu=OrdealByFire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.