Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Jeffy777
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinarcadeweirdness.jpg
    There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

Not sure whether this information has been previously posted, but the Pinball Arcade app for the iPad and iPhone added two new tables in their most recent update -- Medieval Madness, and The Machine Bride of Pinbot. You can purchase the two new tables and add them to the four original tables: TOM, TOTAN, Black Hole, and Ripley's Believe It or Not. They play really cool, particularly in the iPad because of the larger screen.

#2 12 years ago

just saw the posting a couple hours ago on facebook. they look great!

#3 12 years ago

GOOD LOOKING OUT! Updating and DLing now!!!

#4 12 years ago

Been playing and I like them so far. I've only played about 5-6 games of the bride in real life, so I am really glad they came out with this table.

#5 12 years ago

Finally get a chance too play MM.. Though I wanna play the real thing!

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from Chochi_ca:

Though I wanna play the real thing!

It's pretty awesome, especially when working well and clean. One way you know a pin is good is when the virtual one is a blast to play (MM, TZ, TOTAN), in real life they are simple amazing

#7 12 years ago

Bride of Pinbot is so cool. I love the heartbeat. Might have to hunt one down.

#8 12 years ago

Cannot wait for these updates to hit the 360.

#9 12 years ago

+1

#10 12 years ago

FINALLY, just got them on ipad3...luckily that update fixes the bad ipad3 bug, but now the icon is just gray and the main menu music is half working

#11 12 years ago

also jumped on board for the BOP and MM update...been playin for 2 hours...the Duke of Bourbon still loves me

#12 12 years ago

The new tables look great. Can't wait to play BOP on PS3.

#13 12 years ago

Update not working on my iPad 2. Shows the splash screen, then quits to the home screen.

#14 12 years ago

Try deleting it then reinstalling it.

#15 12 years ago

Broke down and downloaded it on my iPhone instead. I'm such a Millennial.

Works fine, allows you to transfer your purchased tables over. Easier to see on iPhone than I thought it would be.

Seems to run decent. BOP has issues with the music cutting out.

Working on re-installing it to my iPad now, we'll see if it works or not.

EDIT: Nope, still won't start up.

#16 12 years ago

I am having a issue with BOP also...seems slow, how in the world do you launch the ball when in "The Metamorohisis" If you lock onto her, and have one in the shooter lane...you can't shoot it. MM is smoking fast

#17 12 years ago

Bop works great for me. Ipad3. What's up with the menus? I like farsight and all but I think they bit off more they could chew with all these releases.

#18 12 years ago

BoP and MM are the best looking of all their releases in my opinion. Just wow.

#19 12 years ago

The Mac update is out too that improves the controls.

#20 12 years ago

Looks and plays awesomely on my iPad 3. The resolution is INSANE!

But I agree with other posters - the user interface/menu system blows.

#21 12 years ago

I put up a 1.8B score last night on BoP, great updates for sure.

#22 12 years ago

Thanks for the info! I've been playing a lot of this on my iphone lately. A question for any iphone users of Pinball Arcade...which phone orientation do you use? Horizontal or vertical...also, which camera angle? I'm curious as I can't decide on which I like more. I feel like holding it vertically uses the screen real estate more efficiently but it feels a lot more awkward. Any thoughts?

#23 12 years ago

I do horizontal on the iphone, its way easier to hold.

#24 12 years ago

I downloaded them on my iPad 2 and have been playing them. While I definitely enjoy being able to have them on the Pad the gameplay still sucks just like the other games. Cannot make repeating orbit shots, ball exits orbits in the wrong spot, general lack of control. I guess I am just spoiled with the Zen games. Hopefully Farsight can make these games play correctly one of these days but I am not holding my breath. Could you imagine if Zen recreated these tables on their engine? Now that would rock!

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

I downloaded them on my iPad 2 and have been playing them. While I definitely enjoy being able to have them on the Pad the gameplay still sucks just like the other games. Cannot make repeating orbit shots, ball exits orbits in the wrong spot, general lack of control. I guess I am just spoiled with the Zen games. Hopefully Farsight can make these games play correctly one of these days but I am not holding my breath. Could you imagine if Zen recreated these tables on their engine? Now that would rock!

While these physics aren't perfect, they seem a lot more realistic than Zen's. Ball control is way too easy in Zen. You don't even have to put any effort into catching the ball because you can just hold the flipper up and even the fastest moving ball will come to a stop after just a small bounce or two. Plus Zen's flippers are a lot closer together than real machines, so that diminishes the challenge too. There's room for improvement in both games, but I find the Pinball Arcade to play more like the real thing than Zen.......Zen's tables look great though and they're fun in their own way, but I prefer the challenge of The Pinball Arcade and I haven't touched Zen since this came out.

#26 12 years ago

Such a great app. Hooked on RBION big time, and scored 2 billion+ last night on Bride. I'm going to have to start deleting everything in my phone to make room for all these machines!

#27 12 years ago

Is the menu/table select system screwed up for everyone else on the new iPad? I get what I assume is the table select screen for the "old" iPad resolution crammed up in the top left of my screen.

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

Is the menu/table select system screwed up for everyone else on the new iPad? I get what I assume is the table select screen for the "old" iPad resolution crammed up in the top left of my screen.

Yep, looks like either the iPhone interface or the old iPad interface. Crammed up in the top left corner. Pretty annoying, but the game sure is nice after you actually load a table!

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

It's weird because only some people are reporting this. Maybe try rebooting or reinstalling?

#30 12 years ago

I have had this app for my iphone & ipad since it came out back in feb? something like that. I have never gotten the facebook leaderboards to work with this game even after all the updates that have been done up until this last DLC.

Anyone have luck with this feature? Why can't they just use gamecenter anyways...?

Other than that I love pretty much everything about this app. Zen pinball is pretty fun but I just like being able to play on the "real" tables.

#31 12 years ago

I have an android phone and this app works great. Get a little slow down here and there but thats about it.

#32 12 years ago

I was asked to transfer my purchases to the iPhone version (because I bought the PS3 version) and I signed in. Nothing changed, no games are unlocked. What the heck?

Everybody keeps talking about the menu issues on iPad. Can someone post a screenshot? Use the lock button + home button to take a screenshot and use Photo Stream to upload it to Pinside.

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I was asked to transfer my purchases to the iPhone version (because I bought the PS3 version) and I signed in. Nothing changed, no games are unlocked. What the heck?

I never knew that PSN and Apple purchases were related? I have Xbox360 version of Pinball Arcade and of course it is not linked to my Apple App version at all.

Quoted from Crash:

Everybody keeps talking about the menu issues on iPad. Can someone post a screenshot? Use the lock button + home button to take a screenshot and use Photo Stream to upload it to Pinside.

I am using iPad-1 and I havent had any menu glitches (other than facebook leaderboards not working)

I never knew how to make a screenshot with i-Devices thanks for that tip!

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

The PS3 and iPhone versions aren't linked. You have to buy the tables on both.

The menu issue is only affecting some people on the iPad 3.....it looks great on my iPad 2, and I have a few friends with the iPad 3 and it looks fine for them too, so it's only affecting some.

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shug:

I am using iPad-1 and I havent had any menu glitches

You are doing better than me than. I can't even get the update to load on my original IPad. I get a splash screen - then - BAM - back to OS.

First version I thought was decent - the 2nd version made RBION almost unplayable for me cuz it's like mad crack-head pinball - and now this version won't even run. And of course no way for me to downgrade to an earlier version.

Oh well. I have not uninstalled/reinstalled yet, so maybe that will fix it. But I shouldn't have to do that if the update was well designed.

#36 12 years ago
    Quoted from examiner:

Shug said:I am using iPad-1 and I havent had any menu glitches
    You are doing better than me than. I can't even get the update to load on my original IPad. I get a splash screen - then - BAM - back to OS.
    First version I thought was decent - the 2nd version made RBION almost unplayable for me cuz it's like mad crack-head pinball - and now this version won't even run. And of course no way for me to downgrade to an earlier version.
    Oh well. I have not uninstalled/reinstalled yet, so maybe that will fix it. But I shouldn't have to do that if the update was well designed.

If you haven't done so already, force quit the application then reboot your iPad and try again. Otherwise uninstall the app, reboot and then reinstall.

#37 12 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Everybody keeps talking about the menu issues on iPad. Can someone post a screenshot?

Attached. I just rebooted the iPad, still get the same weirdness. Going to try deleting the app from the iPad, then rebooting, then reinstalling. pinarcadeweirdness.jpgpinarcadeweirdness.jpg

#38 12 years ago

Yep, looks the same on mine.

#39 12 years ago

This game saves my ass at work at least once a day. (Runs to the breakroom, and puts in teh headphones)
    Great game on my phone, but a little laggy with the flippers on my x360, but I've been told it could be the lcd (hz issue?!)

#40 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jetfire:

Great game on my phone, but a little laggy with the flippers on my x360, but I've been told it could be the lcd (hz issue?!)

I tried the TV on game mode and it fixed the flippers.

#41 12 years ago

Anyone know how to shoot for the super skillshot on MM on the iPad? Anytime I touch the screen it launches the ball, so I can't use the left flipper to open the gate.

#42 12 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

Anyone know how to shoot for the super skillshot on MM on the iPad? Anytime I touch the screen it launches the ball, so I can't use the left flipper to open the gate.

It's not possible at the moment, but they said on their forum that they're working on patching it in.

#43 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shug:

I have had this app for my iphone & ipad since it came out back in feb? something like that. I have never gotten the facebook leaderboards to work with this game even after all the updates that have been done up until this last DLC.
    Anyone have luck with this feature?

You guys having this problem??

#44 12 years ago

The Pinball Arcade properly replicates how overrated MM truly is. AFM 4 Life!!

#45 12 years ago

well I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the whole app and it still doesn't fix BOP....all the other machines are crisp and fast....BOP is lagging bad and the whole table flickers.....Android TAB. Why does the others run great...anybody else having problems like this

#46 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jeffy777:

It's not possible at the moment, but they said on their forum that they're working on patching it in.

Thanks, I figured that was the case.

#47 12 years ago
    Quoted from Wickedquickss:

well I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the whole app and it still doesn't fix BOP....all the other machines are crisp and fast....BOP is lagging bad and the whole table flickers.....Android TAB. Why does the others run great...anybody else having problems like this

Supposedly if you turn off the HUD and then turn it back on, it makes BOP run smoother on Android. I don't have an Android device to personally test it though.

#48 12 years ago

So does anyone know if this requires iOS 5? I have 2 different iPad 2's one works and one doesn't. The one that does has iOS 5 while the other is running iOS 4.3.

#49 12 years ago

My IPAD 2 wont download MM. Error 1004?

#50 12 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

So does anyone know if this requires iOS 5? I have 2 different iPad 2's one works and one doesn't. The one that does has iOS 5 while the other is running iOS 4.3.

Yes you must have iOS 5.x

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-arcade-update-for-ipad-and-iphone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.