(Topic ID: 42312)

Pinball / Arcade Tournament Manager Application v1.7.1!

By TheNoTrashCougar

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TheNoTrashCougar
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I would love a warning of lower score!!!! It would say a ton of headache.
    Actually it would be a lot easier if players would just remember their dang scores , then there would be no worry. However, my experience thus far has been that there is always one guy that trhows a fit at the end of the day when they think they had a previously higher score on a machine and it has been overwritten by a lower score that they had later in the day. Then the wonderful task of sorting through ~700 pieces of paper to look for 1 score.

For big tourneys, you should get a banker box and put hanging file folders in it. You can either do a rough filing alphabetically - for example A-E in folder one, F-L in folder 2... or file the entries by game name. If it's a multiday tourney I would also have a set for day one, day two, etc. The player will know which day he got the better score so that cuts the search in half.

#24 6 years ago

First, I really like the "low scoring" option. I'm testing the app now and if I can get it working there's a decent chance I'll use it for the pin golf at pin a go go.

I thought about emailing this but it occurs to me others might be having the same problem. I just loaded 1.62. It's the first and only version I've ever installed.

When I go to make a tournament, add players, machines, etc then click Start Tournament, I get a fault. Here are the details.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Danesi Designs\2013-05-18-Pin a Go Go.trn' is denied.
    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileSystem.FileOpen(Int32 FileNumber, String FileName, OpenMode Mode, OpenAccess Access, OpenShare Share, Int32 RecordLength)
    at ArcadeTournamentManager.frmSetupNewTour.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5466 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    Arcade Tournament Manager
    Assembly Version: 1.6.2.18495
    Win32 Version: 1.6.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Danesi%20Designs/Arcade%20Tournament%20Manager/Arcade%20Tournament%20Manager.exe
    ----------------------------------------
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

#25 6 years ago

I figured out a work around. I gave All Users modify access to the folder. My account is in the administrator group, and the app is running under my credentials, so I should not have needed to this but anyway it's working.

#26 6 years ago

I'm not able to disable the marquee. The marquee config is high score oriented. For low score tourneys this would cause some confusion. I can modify it's setting but when I uncheck the box to turn it off altogether, it's still there.

It would be cool if jpgs could be uploaded and displayed in the marquee, so that I could put graphics in there from my sponsors. I would also prefer, instead of scores, to just put the event name in there as an option.

Status messages might also be helpful, like to notify people what time finals will start.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hey Jonny,
    Yeah this happens from time to time if you do not have admin rights on your machine. Basically, it is trying to create the Tournament back-end file and is not able to. This can happen in Windows 7 and Windows 8. If you run the application as administrator, it will solve this issue.
    I am looking into ways to solve this at the moment.
    Thanks for the feedback,
    --Scott

I see. As mentioned, my account is an administrator. My guess is it is because of the User Account Control security features they added in Windows 7.

In windows 7, Program Files is a bit more locked down. You may consider storing the tourney files in the logged-in user's My Documents instead.

1 week later
    #38 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Awesome!!!
    If you want to add more things/ a complete change of pace...
    I would love to see a software that works for a doubles event like pinbrawl.
    Be able to select the total number of teams, rounds of qualifying, and then you enter points scored after each round and it automatically reshuffles the deck to determine which teams play against each other in the next round.
    I know a typical format would be 3 qualifying rounds in the morning. Where depending on how you play and the overall stregth of your opponent you shift who you play for ech subsequent round. The idea being that after 3 rounds, teams shoudl eb reasonably well placed into blocks of 8 teams with similar skill. These then make up the bracket/divisions for the afternoon.
    I would also love to see a software that works for a pingolf style event to help people track how they did on each machine. An admin would need to be able to populate games/goals and players plus strokes taken. Software (I would probabaly just use Excel at this point) is not really needed for this type of event but it would still be nice.
    thanks again for all your hard work!

The pingolf functionality is kind of there. There is an option for "low-scoring". Nothing about goals and such, however, as a practical matter I print off my goals and tape them to the backglass anyway.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    £ 99.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 15.45
    Gameroom - Decorations
    KAHR.US Circuits
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 399.95
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 299.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 349.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 16.00
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 22.50
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside