(Topic ID: 103027)

Pinball Arcade Playstation 4 PS4

By ShaneBolda

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BxUpOPVIcAAFgdT.jpg
    BxTxDioCAAAHXK1.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

I set the high score tonight for "Theatre of Magic" on Pinball Arcade... I didn't even think I could or was going to try... It happened on my 2nd or 3rd game tonight while having a couple drinks.. Crazy...

I now am on the ToM bandwagon... What a GREAT game! Sound, rules, everything... I love it... I bet its AMAZING to play in real life... Its now on my wishlist but on my HOPEFULLY SOMEDAY wishlist, LOL! I want to find a place that has one though and go play all night...

BxTxDioCAAAHXK1.jpgBxTxDioCAAAHXK1.jpg

#2 9 years ago

I find I can kick Pinball Arcade's version of TOM without many problems. I played an actual TOM table and it whooped my ass whole-handedly. Either way your score is impressive.

Pinball Arcade (PA) is great for getting a feel for the games, especially the rulesets but be careful making decisions on real pins because of it. I tried White Water for the first time ever on PA and honestly didn't like it one bit. I felt the center of the PF was too constrictive. I avoid playing it on PA. Then I played a real one. Ho boy! It was like night and day! The real table is simply incredible. It was soooo much fun.

Pretty much right there convinced me to never go the virtual pinball route. It also convinced me that people that think pinball isn't random haven't played enough to know.

#3 9 years ago

Somehow topped my old score while my eyes were super dried out and I was ready for bed....

BxUpOPVIcAAFgdT.jpgBxUpOPVIcAAFgdT.jpg

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from Fifty:

I find I can kick Pinball Arcade's version of TOM without many problems. I played an actual TOM table and it whooped my ass whole-handedly. Either way your score is impressive.
    Pinball Arcade (PA) is great for getting a feel for the games, especially the rulesets but be careful making decisions on real pins because of it. I tried White Water for the first time ever on PA and honestly didn't like it one bit. I felt the center of the PF was too constrictive. I avoid playing it on PA. Then I played a real one. Ho boy! It was like night and day! The real table is simply incredible. It was soooo much fun.
    Pretty much right there convinced me to never go the virtual pinball route. It also convinced me that people that think pinball isn't random haven't played enough to know.

Thanks... I agree... I just know from the audio, rules, and gameplay, that I really enjoy playing it... But the real thing is so much MORE fun and harder... I cant imagine anyone saying pinball ISNT random... I wouold think an inexperienced person would say it ALL random...

Thats what I LOVE about pinball.. Is actually realizing how much skill is involved in playing a good game... How you have to be a little lucky but manipulate the ball correctly... And I love how its a dichotomy of life and this miniature world where order and chaos exist... It's why I love Donkey Kong... But pinball is so cool because its physical.. So much fun...

I cant wait to get my machine overhauled for my dad when he gets down here in Nov.. Were gonna have so much fun playing and having Arcade Night...

Oh and my scores arent that impressive... Some guys on XBox Live were putting up 7-10 mill... This was just cool cause I really got into it suddenly and started figuring it out...

2 months later
    #5 9 years ago

Pinball Arcade just released a bunch of tables for the PS4. Unfortunately, for some reason, they can't be downloaded right now. No price listed and no package deal.

#6 9 years ago

My Pinball Arcade scores on PS4 get pretty insane. I have a Scared Stiff score that is well over 100 million. The game lasted about 40 minutes and in it I completed the Stiff-O-Meter two or three times. I really wanted the darn game to end but it just kept handing me extra balls. There's no way I'd have that happen on a real Scared Stiff machine.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-arcade-playstation-4-ps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.