(Topic ID: 74067)

Pinball Arcade now live for PS4, and it's..............

By Part_3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by marcand
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtown.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 10 years ago

In regards to ps3 purchases and getting a discount on the ps4 version, if you have already purchased ALL the tables from season one (TOTAN to the AFM pack), a $15.00 version will show up in the PSN store as long as you're using the same user ID. That's 50% off of the regular season one set.

I do agree with the OP. I've played most of the tables last night after downloading and in "dark" mode the lighting is excellent. GI is now controlled and can be dimmed or shut off as the table ROM dictates. It doesn't go completely dark but pretty close. Flashing effects are impressive to the point that you can momentarily lose track of the ball just like IRL.

Physics are improved too. The ball feels like it has some more weight and weak ramp shots don't have that vacuum effect that has been seen before where you know the ball shouldn't make it but the ramp "pulls" it anyway.

I've played VP and FP over the years and the PS4 version of The Pinball Arcade is, by far, the best pinball simulator out there. This is NOT a straight port of the PS3 version. This had to have taken a lot of time to do. TZ was the first table I played and after seeing the GI partially shut off and move around the playfield during Powerball, I felt this was money well spent. Hell, even thirty bucks would have been nothing for all these tables (around 20, I think).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtown.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-arcade-now-live-for-ps4-and-its?tu=dtown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.