(Topic ID: 74067)

Pinball Arcade now live for PS4, and it's..............

By Part_3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by marcand
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Part_3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Amaze-balls!

Very, very happy with this release. Amazing graphics! Do yourself a favor, and adjust the new room brightness setting to dark and check out the lighting effects. You may not always want to play it in the dark, but it's worth a look to appreciate the light effects.

Simply a top notch release!

#4 10 years ago

They need to create a portrait mode for the PS4, like they have recently done with the Windows version on Steam. I'd like to create a semi-virtual Pinball table....with a PS4 and 37 inch TV turned sideways hanging on the wall. That would be epic!

#5 10 years ago

Morning bump!

#12 10 years ago

Agreed. It is definitely not a quick and dirty port, but a true next-gen release. What I find so impressive is how good it already looks! Console gamers know that the best looking games never come out at launch. It takes developers a couple of years to really dial into the hardware and start producing next-gen games. The games that come out in the twilight years of a console can be really incredible (GTA V, BioShock Infinite, etc..). One can only imagine what these tables could look like if Farsight tweaks them in a couple of years........

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'll stick with the pinmame versions. For one they are free. And 2, you can adjust every inconsistency you might not like. Which will get it to play nearly perfect. Can't do that with systems.

They are also illegal and piss poor in graphics quality compared to what we're talking about.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from DarkWizard:

Are they done with XBox now? I noticed even with whatever issues they were having on the 360 supposedly resolved, there were still never any updates.

I don't think it's resolved yet.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from swedishc:

It's disappointing that that PC version doesn't use the same renderer as the PS4 version. Since the PC and PS4 architecture is very similar, it wouldn't take much to get the PS4 version running on the PC.

The problem with that is trying to make a wide brush stroke. So many video cards with varying degrees of power. The specs on console, like the PS4, never change during it's life, so the developers can really dial their code into the hardware.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from swedishc:

Things like rendering features are totally scaleable across different PC configurations. Also, at the end of the day these tables don't have really complex meshes and textures, so I don't see why there would be any issue with running the PS4 version on a mid-level PC. (I have been a professional game developer for the last 10 years to put my opinion in context)

Then you should appreciate an unmoving target like a Console.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

no they are not, and the graphics are fantastic. When was the last time you've used or played pinmame? You need to investigate a little deeper.

They suck in comparison to the PS4, and yes they are unlicensed IP from the original manufactures and unlicensed movie themes, actor representation, etc....

Get a grip, get a clue, and do some research. There is no free lunch.

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from mcfly:

I still find the ps4 like the ps3 version is just a millisecond off when hitting the flipper . Its not instant compared to the iPad , but the lighting effects are much better . It's not lag , the flippers just kinda feel doughy . Does anyone else notice this ?

I've played several tables again since reading your post, and I can't say I've noticed any lag.

4 weeks later
    #47 10 years ago
    Quoted from zsciaeount:

I still can't get past the lag issue. Game mode doesn't work, and neither does renaming the input (I have a samsung). Never had any lag on the 360.
    I really want to like Pinball Arcade, and I've supported them by buying it on multiple platforms. But even without lag, I just can't get used to the physics. The ball acts like it's sliding instead of rolling and you just can't do essential things like drop catches and live catches, which are possible on Zen. It's like the flipper rubbers are made of concrete.

There is no lag on PS4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Part_3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-arcade-now-live-for-ps4-and-its?tu=Part_3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.