(Topic ID: 74067)

Pinball Arcade now live for PS4, and it's..............

By Part_3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by marcand
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

Omg not happy you guys talked me into buying a ps4.

#52 10 years ago

Could you elaborate?

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Thinking about buying a PS4 for the sole reason of playing Pinball Arcade. Have they released all three seasons of games yet, or just Season 1?
    Also, I have all of the games for iOS .....I'm assuming that wouldn't get me a discount on PS4.

Only season 1. When I asked the makers when season 2 was coming out they said not for a good while. That's the only thing killing me. I've mastered season 1 and my friends already have some season 3 games on their PS3......come on now!

#54 10 years ago

Unfortunately all of my friends play xbox. I however have been a sony guy. I was hoping to get into Xbox one so we could all play together. It seems like the ps4 is a better option for me though. Just being over dramatic. My bad.

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from Notbychance:

Unfortunately all of my friends play xbox. I however have been a sony guy. I was hoping to get into Xbox one so we could all play together. It seems like the ps4 is a better option for me though. Just being over dramatic. My bad.

Ps4 kicks ass. Once they really start cranking games it will be amazing.

#56 10 years ago

I read somewhere that season 3 will be released before season 2. I'm hoping something's released soon. I have 98% of the trophies on season 1. Genie is a pain in the A$$

#57 10 years ago

I'm am NOT paying for the same shit over and over again. This is so annoying, that every platform requires new purchase of all the tables, and the tables are really expensive in the first place. I know licensing them isn't free, but there's GOT to be a better way...

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from ignusfast:

I'm am NOT paying for the same shit over and over again. This is so annoying, that every platform requires new purchase of all the tables, and the tables are really expensive in the first place. I know licensing them isn't free, but there's GOT to be a better way...

Yeah I totally agree, I suggested to them to at least give some kind of perk for cross-platform buyers but they wouldn't go for it. They said that they have to use this unpopular business model to stay afloat on the game.

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Yeah I totally agree, I suggested to them to at least give some kind of perk for cross-platform buyers but they wouldn't go for it. They said that they have to use this unpopular business model to stay afloat on the game.

Well, that's nice, but they're turning off everyone who bought for at least one platform already. I might do it if it were more heavily discounted, but not as-is. I've bought all-in on iOS, bought a few tables for Android, a few more for PS3, then several for the Steam version. Unless a killer table comes out, I'm DONE. And I'm never doing another Season sight unseen without more top-tier tables - that last one was fairly weak.

3 weeks later
    #60 10 years ago

Gonna take the plunge and buy a PS4.... Please, please, please release all seasons.....

Have a newfound obsession with playing WhoDunnit on my Ipad.....

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

the physics are very very good and play like the real deal. The PS3 version was pretty but lacked the feel and was too fast and inconcise just like the iPad, iPhone etc.etc.

You are saying that the physics in the ps4 version are way better than all other previous versions?

It's impossible to see it in the videos, but I would love to read some more comments on this.

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

You are saying that the physics in the ps4 version are way better than all other previous versions?
    It's impossible to see it in the videos, but I would love to read some more comments on this.

Yes I would agree, I have even been able to live catch, I have played most versions and I feel the PS4 version is a step ahead in every department.

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

I just don't know if I can stomach buying the tables again, but hey free TOTAN sounds good. Playing on a widescreen 65 inch Panasonic Plasma seems odd but sure it will look gorgeous.

I'm the same way. I have ALMOST but not quite all of the Season 1 PS3 games and a large number of season 2 games, and most of them are Pro Versions. The PS4 TOTAN (which I played on my son's PS4) doesn't look significantly better than the PS3 version, but the ball movement and visibility are much better.

If Farsight comes out with Pro versions of PS4 Monster Bash and Theatre of Magic, I'll definitely get those, since the lack of this functionality is a sore point for the otherwise excellent PS3 versions. But without a significant legacy owner's discount I doubt that I'll buy all of these games again on PS4.

#64 10 years ago

we're giving away a brand new sony playstation 4, an extra controller and a physical copy of 'the pinball arcade' at the michigan pinball expo next week through a charity event to try and raise money for a local pinball guy. we figured this is a great way to get people involved in pinball who can't afford a "real" machine

eric avedesian did a real nice write-up on the who and why that can be viewed here: http://www.mipinball.com/?p=2393

#65 10 years ago

Hopefully they fix the legal issue with XBox because I am getting an Xbox One one of these days...

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Hopefully they fix the legal issue with XBox because I am getting an Xbox One one of these days...

That only effects the Xbox 360 version, the One version is due in early June.

#67 10 years ago

The first PS4 game I ever played was The Pinball Arcade last year in June. It's been a long wait to play it again...

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from Taygeta:

That only effects the Xbox 360 version, the One version is due in early June.

Cool. I should have the One by then. Thank!

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Cool. I should have the One by then. Thank!

As an owner of both, unless there's something you REALLY want on the XB1, I'd go with the PS4. Even after hugely preferring the 360 over the PS3 (also had both), the XB1 is just miles behind the PS4 in regards to usability, never mind the decreased performance you get for games on the XB1.

But hey, if there's a specific reason why you'd prefer the XB1, I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

As an owner of both, unless there's something you REALLY want on the XB1, I'd go with the PS4. Even after hugely preferring the 360 over the PS3 (also had both), the XB1 is just miles behind the PS4 in regards to usability, never mind the decreased performance you get for games on the XB1.
    But hey, if there's a specific reason why you'd prefer the XB1, I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Not to get into a debate because both are great machines... Forza 5 blows away any driving game on the PS3 or 4. I am not a big gamer so really XB1 is plenty for me. I mainly want it as a media center with voice commands and the HDMI through. The fact that the PS4 does not play CDs, or support DLNA is just stupid.

#71 10 years ago

fyi...if you r playing your ps3 or ps4 on an led tv this is your lag issue. im a hardcore cod player and know about lag all to well...answer...plasma plain and simple. lag be gone.

2 months later
    #72 9 years ago

Got a PS4 for Father's Day (and of course Pinball Arcade) and spent hours yesterday playing. A vast improvement over the PS3 and ios...One wierd thing though.... When I connected my PS4 with my wi-fi it automatically downloaded my Season 1 PS3 pins to it for free! (I had to repurchase FT and BR, though.)

So far, I'm a fan!.....Any word on when more tables are coming?

Update: Hoo Boy...am I a dope..... The back cover lists only 12 pins...if only I read the huge print that says "22 classic pinball tables".

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

fyi...if you r playing your ps3 or ps4 on an led tv this is your lag issue. im a hardcore cod player and know about lag all to well...answer...plasma plain and simple. lag be gone.

a lot of LCDs have a "game mode" expressly for this purpose. you can also look at some benchmarks out there to figure out which LCDs have the least lag. when I got my new TV (and after I turned off all the bullshit "smoothmotion", "quadpixel", "noise reduction", "activeContrast" and all that garbage) my scores on PHOF went through the roof because I was suddenly playing without lag. good rule of thumb is if a feature is advertised on the box the TV came in, TURN THAT CRAP OFF IN THE SETTINGS.

#74 9 years ago

noise reduction is an especially stupid thing for a TV to do to a HD digital signal. there is no noise unless something is seriousdly wrong with your datastream. I watch hockey, and when I have "noise reduction" turned on, it decides the puck is "noise" in the signal and "smooths" it out by making it disappear. same is true of any small, fast moving object. so dumb.

1 month later
    #75 9 years ago

Just released patch and four tables!
    Junkyard
    Who Dunnit
    Black Knight 2000
    High Speed

Bloody good one too!

7 months later
    #76 9 years ago

New update for PS4.... The final four tables, including Addams Family, available soon!

#77 9 years ago

Just bought my Season 4 Pass! I think the tables unlock on Tuesday. Party Zone!!!

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-arcade-now-live-for-ps4-and-its/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.