Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by northvibe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

Just checked iTunes, Pinball arcade is now for sale.

99 cents and you get TOTAN, (edit)

TOM is $2,99, RBION is $3.99, and Black Hole is $1.99 -- available for in-app purchase -
    or all three for $8.99.

Great game, loved it on x360, gonna get the iPad version now.

#2 12 years ago

I got. It plays well.

#3 12 years ago

Loving it on my iPad2

#4 12 years ago

sweet awesomeness!!
    and with 2 DLC tables every month, this is the "gift" that just keeps on giving!!!

#5 12 years ago

Fun stuff.....cant wait for the PS3 version

#6 12 years ago

wow, it's as good as the videos showed. Great physics, great sound. I love that black hole even sounds a little muffled like it's vintage. These guys clearly spent a LOT of time making sure every single detail was accurate. I bet this plays great on an IPAD (not bad on an iphone). I too can't wait for the ps3 version.

#7 12 years ago

also waiting on the ps3 version over here, I'll be all over every game at launch.

#8 12 years ago

I've seen press releases that say the Android version will be available today as well. I can't find it on the market yet, though.

#9 12 years ago

Down loading now to my iPad.

#10 12 years ago

can't stop playing TOM.

#11 12 years ago

I got it on my iphone last night, so far so good. The ball does seem a little bouncy around the flippers sometimes. I can't wait to get it for the 360!

#12 12 years ago

My complaint for the IPhone is that it does not allow me to turn the phone sideways. The vertical position is too narrow and it is hard to hold the phone and control the flippers.
    The games are not worth near as much on IPhone as they are on bigger platforms such as IPad and PS3.

I don't think I will download any of the games that are more than 99 cents for the IPhone. I will wait for PS3 and download most of them there.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't think I will download any of the games that are more than 99 cents for the IPhone.

you might be stuck at 1 game then. I won't be buying them all on two platforms, either.

#14 12 years ago

Yes you can turn the phone sideways and play that way, try again, I was playing that way last night...

"My complaint for the IPhone is that it does not allow me to turn the phone sideways. The vertical position is too narrow and it is hard to hold the phone and control the flippers."

#15 12 years ago

As much as I love TOM. The app is expensive to buy the tables and plays about the same as other iPad/iPhone pinball games.

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Yes you can turn the phone sideways and play that way, try again, I was playing that way last night...
    "My complaint for the IPhone is that it does not allow me to turn the phone sideways. The vertical position is too narrow and it is hard to hold the phone and control the flippers."

Nothing happens when I rotate my phone.

#17 12 years ago

It 100% works on mine, I did download ALL the tables so maybe that makes a difference. Trust me, it works, and I prefer it like that as it's easier to see and easier to use the flippers...

#18 12 years ago

$10.00 is expensive? Oh what has the world come to haha....

It's not just another pinball game, it's the best pinball game ever made....and will be even better when it's released for console. There is nothing better than playing REAL games and not imaginary made up ones....well expect for playing actual pinball of course..

#19 12 years ago

I am not saying that it is expensive, I am saying that it is not that special of an experience on the IPhone. It is hard to comfortably hold the phone and press the screen with both hands. Also, the screen is so small and that does not help.

The PS3 version is so much better (i.e. the Williams Collection). It is a mere novelty on IPhone to me.

#20 12 years ago

All of a sudden the rotating the phone works. I went into the menu options and played with them, but I do not think I changed anything. It just started working for whatever reason.

#21 12 years ago

i own a wii (my kids like mario) & the williams pinball collection (or whatever it's called) and i must say the iphone version is much more fun for me to play. maybe it's just the new tables.

#22 12 years ago

I prefer it on the 360 or ps3 as well (Williams collection) but it's pretty cool to have it portable too....

#23 12 years ago

Downloading now for the Iphone!
    Will this app now also work on the Ipad or do I need to download that version separately?

#24 12 years ago

I like zen pinball better so far. I also can't believe on TOM I have a fricken' credit dot! WTF? A credit dot on digital pinball!

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

I like zen pinball better so far. I also can't believe on TOM I have a fricken' credit dot! WTF? A credit dot on digital pinball!

Did you set the clock?

#26 12 years ago

Downloaded and played on iPad 2... It's pretty sweet and will only get better!

#27 12 years ago

I honestly wish the pinball had more weight to it....with the framerate of these things the ball can get lost when it starts moving too fast.

#28 12 years ago

Will these games be available for Kindle Fire?

#29 12 years ago

iPhone just seems too small of a platform to be any fun imo. The iPad2 version is pretty kick ass though. Can't wait to see what else these guys come up with.

#30 12 years ago

Downloaded , thanks!!

#31 12 years ago

I'd say this is about as good as it gets for pinball on our mobile phones.. it'll never be as great as the real thing, but it certainly beats trying to take 4 full sized pinball machines onto an airplane

#32 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

I'd say this is about as good as it gets for pinball on our mobile phones.. it'll never be as great as the real thing, but it certainly beats trying to take 4 full sized pinball machines onto an airplane

Well said!

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Will these games be available for Kindle Fire?

yep, thats what Im beta testing on.

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

can't stop playing TOM.

Uh oh...

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

You got that right!

#36 12 years ago

Have they announced which two tables will be released next?
    I know that MB, CV, and AFM will be coming in the future, but I have not heard a schedule.
    I would assume that CV will be next month since they had announced that one was being made quite a while back.

#37 12 years ago

I use a strange logic on the new games that haven't come out yet...

Monster Bash was listed for most of the williams collections before they came out, including the newly released 3ds one, it COULD be first, but I doubt it even if they do have the code done.

CV - we heard from someone on the boards that farsight bought a near mint of the game just for the purposes of making it into a game, then later farsight said on their facebook that it would be coming.. I think this one is most likely first.

AFM I'm surprised didn't also come on Williams collection.. Since Williams currently has a slot machine by the same name, could this back up the launch of it as emulated pinball? I figure this will be the last one.

I also think they may launch existing gottlieb/williams games inbetween with updated programming, and hopefully some more that they haven't told us about yet.

Sure would like to see Kingpin or BBB on there, but that requires a Capcom deal.

#38 12 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

romulusx said:Will these games be available for Kindle Fire?
    yep, thats what Im beta testing on.

Sweet do you know when?

#39 12 years ago

and downloaded.

#40 12 years ago

Just bought it for the iPad. The games are awesome all four of them. Love TOM as I have the pin

#41 12 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

AFM I'm surprised didn't also come on Williams Collection

Well I'm sure the people who made the game just wanted to stick with "Williams" titles and since they had MM figured that was good enough.

#42 12 years ago

Anyone else show Leaderboard on the free version? Logs into my Facebook, but then says its not. I had a nice 47 million score which for me is good!

#43 12 years ago

I'm having fun with it. Black Hole seems like it plays much too fast. Wonder if they have the physics set the same as they are for the others. Think there should be less of an incline and lower powered flippers. Or maybe the one I play in real life is just really jacked up.

#44 12 years ago

I would like to see my own leaderboard - So I can try to beat my own scores.

No point me trying to get on the external leaderboard when others might be using devices like the iPad that make it a little easier.

Sent from James's iPhone.

#45 12 years ago

Android version is out now too.

#46 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jeffy777:

Android version is out now too.

Is it out for Kindle Fire?

#47 12 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Jeffy777 said:Android version is out now too.
    Is it out for Kindle Fire?

I don't think it's in the Amazon store yet, but you should be able to install the regular android version if you turn on the option in your settings that lets you install apps from other sources.

#48 12 years ago

Picked it up on my iPad 2. Got TOTAN and TOM.

TOTAN sometimes freezes up for a second or two during play - anyone else have this problem? I closed all my background apps. TOM is fine.

Really fast physics. Controlling the ball near the flippers takes some getting used to. They feel steep and it's tough to bounce the ball off them.

#49 12 years ago

very cool rendition on the ipad 2. Felt a little expensive to me too. But then again, free pinmame is what I'm used to. I would prefer 2.99 for app and .99 a table thereafter. Assuming they are taking games in pinmame and converting to this emulator. Nice job regardless.

#50 12 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

very cool rendition on the ipad 2. Felt a little expensive to me too. But then again, free pinmame is what I'm used to. I would prefer 2.99 for app and .99 a table thereafter. Assuming they are taking games in pinmame and converting to this emulator. Nice job regardless.

They build each table from scratch and run the original roms in their own emulator. There is a fantastic making of video on pinballarcade.com

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-arcade-now-in-apple-app-store and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.