Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Goalie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

activision-tshirt.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

After updating The Pinball Arcade to v2.01 on my PS3 the game now freezes the system and gives me a blank screen when I try to start it. Others have been having performance issues with this update and Farsight said to run the game in 720p instead of 1080p. I tried that and it still doesn't run. I have to manually turn the system off as the PS button doesn't do anything. Anyone else have this problem? Really wanted to play some Monster Bash today... sigh.

#2 11 years ago

The more stuff they release, it seems the more incompetent they are. Extremely frustrating, because I like their games, but the QC...my god.. takes forever and still isn't up to snuff. This is how games DIE, and they don't even realize it.

#3 11 years ago

I think they are already working on it. The problem is for an update/fix to come, sony has to approve...hell every platform does (there was an ios problem early on as well) and the approval process for that takes freaking forever. They may have the error in their code, but the Manf. is the one that makes it take days to release the fix/updates.

You guys also should realize, they probably only have 1 model of the console/platform to dev on, yet there are multiple ones out in the wild. They ALL ACT different.

The ps3 has over 4 versions, the ios has what 8? and everyone will run an app slightly different.

#4 11 years ago

The trick is to not have those errors in the first place. That's what most other developers do.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

The trick is to not have those errors in the first place. That's what most other developers do.

hahahha...ya try

#6 11 years ago

Ugh… what going on at FarSight Studios?!? I've only played the new tables one time. I'll start a new game tonight and see if I have the same issue. I've read elsewhere that the latest update causes slowdown on MM, Ripley’s, & ToM.

Oh BTW the one time I did get to play I thought Monster Bash was blast.

#7 11 years ago

*UPDATE* Looks like the 2.02 update is up but don’t download it. People are reporting that it will delete your DLC tables…

#8 11 years ago

Wow wish I would've known that earlier. Looks like a reinstall is in order, I'll see if that works. Unfortunately though I can't upgrade to 2.0 without going to 2.1 so no guarantee that the new games will work in 1.0... will report back.

#9 11 years ago

GO CFW and never look back

#10 11 years ago

it all downloaded fine for me, so I guess I have the same model ps3 farsight has in their offices.

I believe [email protected] was their email though if you needed to have a chat with them.

I still want those tournaments/online play working for that game, as it is currently I spend WAY more time playing Zen because of the extra options.

#11 11 years ago

Reinstalled, the base store version is now 2.0. Reinstalled table pack 3 and they're not showing up so looks like 2.02 is needed. Bummer. Off to play the new Tony Hawk game.

AkumaZeto I have a machine with kmeaw and trust me getting cracked DLC to work is more trouble than it's worth. Unless you know how to decrypt the game's eboot.elf and sign it to work with custom firmware your argument is invalid.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Unless you know how to decrypt the game's eboot.elf and sign it to work with custom firmware your argument is invalid.

Member of DUPLEX RIGHT HERE!!!!

If you get on BG there is a Package with all known Reactpsn sig's just hit this morning

I myself am on DEX

#13 11 years ago

mmmmmmm lol

#14 11 years ago

AkumaZeto: PM me, we'll go from there. Not having much luck using these patched EBOOT.ELF files and kmeaw.

#15 11 years ago

You should be able to reinstall, then redownload your tables..... Had to do that on iPad last update with every table.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Off to play the new Tony Hawk game

Hey I helped make that. Hope you like it

#17 11 years ago

Show me your papers. You work for Robomodo?

#18 11 years ago

I work for Activision.

#19 11 years ago

Goalie, you been to e3 or pax in the last few years?

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

You guys also should realize, they probably only have 1 model of the console/platform to dev on, yet there are multiple ones out in the wild. They ALL ACT different.
    The ps3 has over 4 versions, the ios has what 8? and everyone will run an app slightly different.

There's no excuse for a software house not to own one of each for QA and development to use.

#21 11 years ago

I have an activision tshirt.

true story.

activision-tshirt.jpgactivision-tshirt.jpg

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Goalie, you been to e3 or pax in the last few years?

E3 yes. PAX no.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-arcade-for-ps3-fails-to-start and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.