8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by northvibe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

The good people at Farsight Studios have finally given us a sneak peak at their new project.

#2 8 years ago

Awesome! The only repeat so far is TOTAN and I certainly don't have a problem with that! Glad to see they plan on supporting the game with new tables for "Years to come".

I was surprised to see a Stern game in there (RBION). It will be interesting to see what else shows up. Since TOTAN and TOM are both in there, one has to wonder if Popadiuk's other classic CV will show up as well...

#3 8 years ago

Looking forward to this gem....I like that they will support it with DCL instead of making us buy new game discs all the time....sweeeet!!!!!

#4 8 years ago

Oh snap. I hope they follow through with that 'many more' comment.

#5 8 years ago

i hate the scrolling though

#7 8 years ago

kick ass! can not wait for this!! I finally got zen and marvel on ps3 and I have to say they are really great for something different but they can't quite touch the realistic play feel that williams pinball hall of fame has when playing. Thats just me though so I'm really looking forward to another wphof like game.

#8 8 years ago

ipad = ipin

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinball-junky:

kick ass! can not wait for this!! I finally got zen and marvel on ps3 and I have to say they are really great for something different but they can't quite touch the realistic play feel that williams pinball hall of fame has when playing. Thats just me though so I'm really looking forward to another wphof like game.

I like the Marvel tables a lot on PS3. They're very well done and take advantage of the fact that they are a video game while also emulating the feel of pinball. The only issue I have with them is that the flipper timing (this is where Williams HOF excels) seems to be off by just a split second. Still a blast though. I'm looking forward to the new Ghost Rider pin that is supposed to be coming out in the not-too-distant future.

#10 8 years ago

Black hole was done on the Gottlieb collection. I'm so stoked for this game, downloadable tables sounds friggin sweet too. Best pin simulation ever!

#11 8 years ago

looks interesting... might be something to DL for the iPad. I bought zen pinball for the ps3 when it first came out back in 08. ended up getting the itch to get back into pinball and picked up my WW shortly there after. since then I cant even bring myself to play zen when i have the real things all over my house.

#12 8 years ago

Don't mark this down as fact but I overheard among some folks that I suspect might actually know that CFTBL and many more (if not all) of the original themed Williams DMD games will be included. If it's true, this is the first video game I'll pre-order in my life.

#13 8 years ago

That could be pretty neat

#14 8 years ago

This looks more to me like a download thing than a disc release, ala Pinball FX. The kind where you download a dash then add the tables to it, so I'm thinking this will be a "pick and choose, pay per table" kinda thing*
    so yeah, either way, thats awesomesauce.

*Actually, thats obviously EXACTLY what it is as it says "Playstation Network" and "XBox Live Arcade" on the final screen"
    That'll teach me to pay attention.
    Can't wait.

#15 8 years ago

I didn't pick up Gottlieb collection due to the fact that it wasn't really a 'greatest hits' to me. I kind of hope they can emulate Haunted House for this one, and of course.. Many more.

#16 8 years ago

Is anyone else thinking the disc only has 4 games on it from what they saw in the video? If that is true, that game better not be any more than $20. I think they should just do all DLC content like Zen Studios.

#17 8 years ago

If it's a disc, I strongly doubt it would have less games than the williams collection (13 on ps3). I think the games could have held more than that on the disc, there was nothing huge occupying space and a ps3 disc format is a blu ray disc (not entirely sure of the space that holds) with gigs of space.

I really don't get why they didn't add the DMD games to the 3ds port as well, maybe the emulation is bigger than I think it is.

If it's not a disc, and they make it user friendly with DLC (downloadable content), then the options are limitless.

Quoted from OrochiLeona:

*Actually, thats obviously EXACTLY what it is as it says "Playstation Network" and "XBox Live Arcade" on the final screen"

It also listed the systems in addition to the PSN/XBLA logos on there, of course it would be difficult to play DLC without the system to go with it.

#18 8 years ago

^ Fair play, I see your point..
    But I'm convinced this is totally DLC only, hence the easy port to Iphone, Android and such, there'd be no point in making that software as download only for those formats then adding the cost of manufacturing disc copies for the consoles.

This Gamepro article below claims game "will launch with four available tables" I wouldnt think they'd put out a disc with only four games on.
    They apparantly are making the claim of TWO games PER MONTH. Well, here's hoping, but that seems kinda overly optimistic.
    Online tournament mode though. Sweet.

Anywhoo, heres some links and a FB page, y'all:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pinball-Arcade/255539697800431?sk=wall

http://www.pinballarcade.com/

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/224200/the-pinball-arcade-brings-realistic-authentic-pinball-to-all-platforms/

#19 8 years ago

Thanks for the links! considering that all those formats do have stores for DLC, I agree with you, and I would pay for TOTAN all over again to be able to play it against you all online.

Even if I still haven't beaten the genie.

#20 8 years ago

I would have liked to have seen more of which games will be provided. TOM and RBION are two to look forward to, but TOTAN and BH have already been done.
    Hopefully many of AFM, MB, TZ, CV, SS, TAF, IJ, STTNG, WWH20 and TSPP will be included.

I don't expect Tron, IM, LOTR or SM because they are still available NIB.

#21 8 years ago

Although u can play most anything on the pc already, the ease of install will make it more widely available to non-techies. Also I would love real pinball tables on my iphone

#22 8 years ago

Looky looky what I found on another forum:

Cirqus Voltaire confirmed via the Facebook page to be among the first 10 DLC tables.

#23 8 years ago

I played Rbion over the weekend and would like to add it to the collection. I better hurry before this game creates interest.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

Looky looky what I found on another forum:

Cirqus Voltaire confirmed via the Facebook page to be among the first 10 DLC tables.

Where did you find that??

#25 8 years ago

I knew I should have sited my source, I googled something that eludes me. It was a Neo Geo forum. I'll see if I can find it again...
    I'm not finding it, could be directly on the facebook page, I can't see that from work. Here's something similar.

http://www.vpforums.org/lofiversion/index.php/t16705.html

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pinball-...255539697800431

Here's the announcement:

"The first four tables will be Tales of the Arabian Nights™, Ripley's Believe It or Not™, Theatre of Magic™, and Black Hole™.

Each month we will be updating the game by releasing two tables as DLC and adding new features that will include online tournaments and head-to-head play.

With many of the all-time greatest tables from Williams®, Bally™, Stern Pinball™, and Gottlieb™; The Pinball Arcade™ is set to become the most realistic and comprehensive pinball game ever created!!!"

"We don't want to reveal too much about our release schedule, but I can assure you that Cirqus Voltaire™ is certainly in our plans to be included as one of the first ten tables released as DLC."

#26 8 years ago

They didn't list it for the wii. looks like i'll have to get a big-boy video game system.

#27 8 years ago

There is only a couple things missing from this announcement....a pinball controller for the gaming systems and a pinball stand for the iPad games...this would be epic!! I love the games but would easily pay for a controller that didn't hurt my fingers and actually let me use a plunger...that'd be sweet! I am sure they could make this happen....I have already seen custom ones done.

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

There is only a couple things missing from this announcement....a pinball controller for the gaming systems and a pinball stand for the iPad games...this would be epic!! I love the games but would easily pay for a controller that didn't hurt my fingers and actually let me use a plunger...that'd be sweet! I am sure they could make this happen....I have already seen custom ones done.

Agreed. This would be a great opportunity for someone to make a pinball controller that isn't ridiculously expensive like the one for Visual Pinball.

#29 8 years ago

Even from the video it seems the physics will be meh :/

#30 8 years ago

I really do hope this is DLC only. I will not be happy if there is a 4 game disc for $60 which would need to be purchased to be able to get the DLC.

#31 8 years ago

Thanks for the link N! Love to play TOTAN and RBION on my Galaxy Tab !

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

The good people at Farsight Studios have finally given us a sneak peak at their new project.</blockquote

Really cool. Thank you for sharing. I can't wait.

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gusphan:

Agreed. This would be a great opportunity for someone to make a pinball controller that isn't ridiculously expensive like the one for Visual Pinball.

custom one for the zen tables on xbox360:
    http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?t=2798

#34 8 years ago

With the PC platform on their radar perhaps someone can finally give this game some realistic sounds. Seriously, the flippers sound more like flicking baseball cards and the jet bumpers more like the push-bubble on Sorry!

2 months later
    #35 7 years ago

Here it is running on the iPad 2:

It's supposed to be released on iOS and Android later this month.

#36 7 years ago

Very cool....definitely going to be great for pinball on-the-go.

#37 7 years ago

I'll jump all over this and the download titles on launch, CV is one of the first post launch titles. Farsight intended to get this thing out this month, but due to sony/microsoft and especially nintendo delays, it has to wait for later. They're saying for this wait, they are ironing out kinks and will have a smooth product at the end. For me, just that it'll be as good as Williams collection (although all claims are for better) is great to hear for me, even if 2 tables on launch are a rehash, I can play against jarjarisgod on the things!

oh by the way jarjar.. my gf beat ya on Captain America and Blade on Zen.

Really pumped to play TOM and RBION on a system, RBION is on my short list of pins to seek out one day.

#38 7 years ago

Looking forward to try this out! I can't afford a TOTAN but this looks like a nice alternative

#39 7 years ago

Nice. I was wondering what these guys were up to. Must have...

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

I'll jump all over this and the download titles on launch, CV is one of the first post launch titles. Farsight intended to get this thing out this month, but due to sony/microsoft and especially nintendo delays, it has to wait for later. They're saying for this wait, they are ironing out kinks and will have a smooth product at the end. For me, just that it'll be as good as Williams collection (although all claims are for better) is great to hear for me, even if 2 tables on launch are a rehash, I can play against jarjarisgod on the things!
    oh by the way jarjar.. my gf beat ya on Captain America and Blade on Zen.
    Really pumped to play TOM and RBION on a system, RBION is on my short list of pins to seek out one day.

The mobile versions are still coming this month, but the 360/PS3/PC versions have been pushed back to March.

Definitely agree about jumping all over this and getting all the tables at launch. These guys really care about pinball and it shows.

For those who haven't seen it, here's the behind-the-scenes video they put together a couple weeks ago about the making of The Pinball Arcade, explaining how they tear down real machines in order to ensure that they give proper attention to even the smallest details. Pretty crazy how much hard work goes into this:

#41 7 years ago

Sweet, I will pick this up day one on iPad.

#42 7 years ago

Here are the newer gameplay videos too (from the Xbox 360 version), for those who haven't seen them yet for TOM , Black Hole, RBION , and TOTAN

1 week later
    #43 7 years ago

I can't find the other thread but my android got in for beta testing

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 149.00
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 11.95
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    € 3.70
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Dystopian Mods Italia
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 27.50
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 14.95
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    € 197.00
    Displays
    PINBALLSP
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    $ 224.99
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside