(Topic ID: 171666)

Pinball arcade at the Desert Trip Festival 2016 Indio, CA

By surfsidedetail

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    #1 7 years ago

It was definitely an experience as we were invited to setup 20 pinballs machines for their free play arcade at the Desert Trip Festival. There was another company that provided machines but the clients wanted 40 machines total. Before everyone went to the concert each night they would pack the pinball tent.

I brought machines from the 1960s - modern Stern

Met some collectors from around the world as well as people who haven't played pinball in 20 years.

I reset the audits on Family Guy and NBA and they both finished about 1400 plays each for the 2 weekends.

Definitely the games saw some good use.

Just wanted to share some photos. I should have taken pictures when the place was packed each day and it was standing room only!

Also got interviewed and they put a small story in the Orange County Register newspaper.

Thanks for looking

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3 7 years ago

#5 7 years ago

Very cool! Wish I would have known ahead of time, live less than 5 miles from there.

#7 7 years ago

I heard this festival being called "Geezer Palooza" and I had to chuckle. I actually went on You Tube to watch the highlights of the Rolling Stones concert and I gotta say The Rolling Stones still have it. They are rocking hard for their age, I hope I am still rocking as hard when I get to be their age.
    I also want to thank you for doing something like this and putting your pins out there. It is events like this that help the masses see that pinball is still a thing and that it is fun and cool. Thanks-It looked like a great time.

#8 7 years ago

Other than rubbers breaking and broken drop targets, the machines did alright.

Definitely majority of the crowd appreciated pins. It was funny watching people in their 20's not know how to push the start button to play. It was all brand new to some

#9 7 years ago

I was there Thu-Sun. It was beauty! The Mousin Around was set on 9ball. That was the other guy's machine tho. Great job keeping the machines working under such conditions. Thanks for bringing them.
    Here's the article: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/desert-732313-trip-indio.html
    I was the one who plugged the Big Deal back in and told the dude out front. Had to school a lot of noobs, but they all loved it.
    So killer, even if it was a bit hot in there.
    Oh yeah. The shows were killer too. The sound was GREAT. It was a lot of fun and the pinball was the icing on the cake.
    Check SpewTube for videos. I was at the second weekend and camped four nights.

#10 7 years ago

People thought Big Deal was broken as it has a manual ball eject

Also some couldn't figure out how Blackwater 100 works and you need to shoot up 3 balls to start the game.

The heat was killer especially with tons of people inside.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from surfsidedetail:

People thought Big Deal was broken as it has a manual ball eject

Hipsters. lol.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-arcade-at-the-desert-trip-festival-2016-indio-ca and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.