medievalmadness1680x1050 (resized).jpg
B6A94D03-6CCE-4FF0-AC9F-41DE6FC5C6B0 (resized).jpeg
3BEC65F3-936A-4076-BE27-D6EC07495A5C (resized).jpeg
40ADB464-3471-4B21-863C-0778C07AA426 (resized).jpeg
Cardboard Controller (resized).jpg
879CD181-47F6-47A2-AC29-6EAE25FA3B7F (resized).jpeg
85B4BF23-DA9A-447C-995D-51AB7094200D (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_4.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Paul_from_Gilroy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#245 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Will you be able to upgrade to pro post June 30?

Same question here. If I own non-pro B/W tables (on IOS) before June 30, can I upgrade them to the pro version (in game) after June 30?

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just a heads up guys this is the last week, likely ever, to buy The Pinball Arcade table packs. Last day to buy is this coming Saturday, June 30th. Steam has their summer sale going on right now but per the licensing rules that Farsight mentioned the table packs cannot go on sale.
I'm considering buying all of them before the deadline. Anyone else considering doing this? Its about $210 for all 7 table packs. Table pack 7 is the only one I'm on the fence about not getting.

I think the $210 goes up to $280 if you purchase the pro version of all 7 table packs. Hence some people are asking, if you purchase B/W tables before June 30, can you upgrade them to the Pro version later, after June 30?

#252 5 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I actually put a deposit down on the arcooda pack/pinball cabinet. I would have waited, but the June 30th expiration moved up my plans. Video Pinball is not real pinball, but it is still fun.

Congrats on the Arcooda purchase. I'd be interested in your review/impressions when you get your machine. Over the years, I've played full-size virtual pinball machines at various shows. It wasn't until a couple months ago (when I played the Pinball FX/2 Championship Edition tables at Zapcon) that I realized full-size virtual pinball machines can be quite good.

2 months later
#319 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

"Some of the media and games used to create these Pinball Tables are freely available on the net and I consider my work as non-profit fanart. You are paying for the days of labor it cost me to download. "
This pisses me off. He wants money for the hours it cost him to download those tables. As an author of a dozen of those tables it took me on average 200 hours to CREATE them a piece. I posted them for free to the community so everyone could enjoy them and not to let some dick head download them and sell them. Not to mention selling a virtual machine with tables installed (outside of the Arcooda stuff) is illegal.
Message the seller as well as E-bay about this.
And people in the VP world wonder why a lot of the authors stopped building tables. This is reason #1.

The work you guys do is amazing. If I was buying a virtual pinball machine, I wouldn't want a bazillion tables installed. I'd want to install tables myself. That includes purchasing Pinball FX and Williams/Bally tables via Steam, as well as the ability to download community-created tables. What's great is when people give something back to the virtual pinball community (even if it's just contributing how-to's and knowledge). That's what I marvel at, the results of people "contributing". The advances coming out of the virtual pinball community (plus Zen and Farsight) over the past couple of years have been jaw-dropping. It's not just the highly detailed 3D-looking tables, it's the excellent software (VPX, FX3, TPA), the addition of physical solenoids, shakers, blowers, gear motors, RGB LEDs, and flashers, 4K displays, head tracking, powered subwoofer, network play, accelerometers, etc.

#321 5 years ago

Latest announcement regarding Zen's version of Williams tables. Looking great in my opinion...

#326 5 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Likely an ignorant question, but can these be installed to virtual cabinets ?

I'd say yes. I'm running the beta version of their Fish Tales table and (after getting a cabinet activation key from Zen) cabinet support is in there (options like DMD position, Backglass position, screen orientation, etc). I haven't tested all the options though as I don't have a cabinet, just a display rotated to portrait mode.

1 week later
#329 5 years ago

27-inch display resting on a gaming laptop running Pinball FX3. Not shown are the USB joystick (with force feedback) and wireless keyboard/mouse. Make no mistake, it's a video game, not a pinball machine. But it's a very good video game

index.pngindex.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Paul_from_Gilroy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-arcade-announces-it-wont-carry-ballywilliams-tables?tu=Paul_from_Gilroy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.