medievalmadness1680x1050 (resized).jpg
B6A94D03-6CCE-4FF0-AC9F-41DE6FC5C6B0 (resized).jpeg
3BEC65F3-936A-4076-BE27-D6EC07495A5C (resized).jpeg
40ADB464-3471-4B21-863C-0778C07AA426 (resized).jpeg
Cardboard Controller (resized).jpg
879CD181-47F6-47A2-AC29-6EAE25FA3B7F (resized).jpeg
85B4BF23-DA9A-447C-995D-51AB7094200D (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_4.png
There are 340 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I wonder if we can add Visual Pinball/Zen/other to the Arcooda cabinet? If not, perhaps the Arcooda software will be better with one’s own pin?

Yes, you can. Their front end supports Zen, it doesn't do anything other than launch it. Since it is running on a pc, you can add Visual Pin, but they are not going to do anything to help on that since it's not legal.

I forgot another reason to get the Arcooda software is that it supports the head tracking xbox kinect.

#252 5 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I actually put a deposit down on the arcooda pack/pinball cabinet. I would have waited, but the June 30th expiration moved up my plans. Video Pinball is not real pinball, but it is still fun.

Congrats on the Arcooda purchase. I'd be interested in your review/impressions when you get your machine. Over the years, I've played full-size virtual pinball machines at various shows. It wasn't until a couple months ago (when I played the Pinball FX/2 Championship Edition tables at Zapcon) that I realized full-size virtual pinball machines can be quite good.

#253 5 years ago

FYI, Future Pinball and TPA(dx9 version) also support head tracking and 3D with the BAM plugin. Hopefully the author will get it going on the steam TPA(dx11 & cab), we may have to wait until any agreements expire between the author and FarSight/Arcooda though. Cause it looks like his tech doing the Arcooda tracking.

#254 5 years ago

DX9 version looks like crap though.

#255 5 years ago

It appears the only way to get Dx11 PBA with head tracking is to pre-order the arcooda cabinet as it appears the $499 stand-alone Arcooda PBA software doesn’t support head tracking?

#256 5 years ago

Too bad Arcooda is only accepting bank transfer for their pinball machine. No paypal or credit card= I'm out.

#257 5 years ago

Exactly Jon! I just got that e-mail from Arcooda this morning with instructions how to wire the $1500 USD cabinet deposit to a bank in Hong Kong. No thanks!

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Exactly Jon! I just got that e-mail from Arcooda this morning with instructions how to wire the $1500 USD cabinet deposit to a bank in Hong Kong. No thanks!

What could possibly go wrong?? This is PINBALL, after all!

#259 5 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Here are the options-
1. You can buy the season for windows by June 30th. You can do this through Steam. The Pro options gives you the settings/menus of a regular pinball machine. The regular option just gives you the straight game. It gives you their view which is not 100% a cabinet view, but is vertical.
2. The Arcooda update for 150 bucks give you a better cabinet view, but it is only on sale to June 30th. This is for people that already own the seasons.
3. The Arcooda pack gives you the pro seasons + their $150 update. You have 2 options on this. 1. Get one for your own personal cabinet, or purchased commercial cab (VP Cab, Virtual Cab) etc.... it is not optimized for those. Example Bumper and plunger support may or may not work. You basically just get the better view. I've included a video showing the differences between the views.

4. Buy the 500 Arcooda pack that is optimized for their own commercial cab. The 500 bucks is subtracted from the cost of their machine + you get the Timeshock game and shipping to the US.
5. Lastly, there are VPX games that you can download on the internet. Good News - They are good and free. Bad News - Free means that they are illegal. They also take tweaking to get to work right, but they look nice and have the newest tables.
Farsight's software is the only legal software to play the old Bally/Williams games. I also recommend Zen Pinball games, they are really fun.
I actually put a deposit down on the arcooda pack/pinball cabinet. I would have waited, but the June 30th expiration moved up my plans.
Video Pinball is not real pinball, but it is still fun.

Thanks for your detailed reply.

Why would you want a vertical view ? That sounds like the up-to-down display you see on flat panel monitors, above the machines at some tournaments. And that winds up looking more like Pachinko to me.

Re #5, any hints on where these are to be found ? (The legal / illegal distinction does not trouble me much. I'm accustomed to hunting down rare films, those withheld due to murky rights issues, or ones that could not secure a domestic distribution deal. Foreign film distribution in this country basically croaked around 20-some years ago. So, a lot of that stuff never gets here at all. If Netflix or Amazon don't pick it up, you are pretty much forced to resort to "other methods.")
Are the older B/W games fairly well represented there, or just those of the last 20 years, primarily Stern ? That bank transfer thing mentioned above is a non-starter for me also, so I think Arcooda will be out. And that payment method is required for any / all of the Arcooda options you mentioned ? If VP-Cabs or competitors cannot themselves offer those B/W games (after 6/30/18), then it looks like I'm rather unlikely to become a customer of theirs.

Regarding those 61 to-be-deleted titles, my impression is that they are not gathered together, but spread out over several packs. Just for consideration, exactly WHAT would you order, to obtain these games for Option #1, or for the IPAD, and what would that cost ?

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

And that payment method is required for any / all of the Arcooda options you mentioned ?

Interestingly enough, you can pay by credit card for the software alone but wire transfer only for the cabinet.

#261 5 years ago

So I think I just got double charged $40+ dollars for the license to the second season of Pinball arcade, which I had already purchased. This is a cluster. Either in errors, double charges, or clarity with tables disappearing and going walkabouts.

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

PS4 on a good screen is pretty stunning and runs smooth as butter. The steam version for pc seems good but it does not look as good as the ps4 and is pc speed dependent.
I have the full set for ps4.

PC with DX11 looks pretty good. Also it has portrait mode which is really nice if you can rotate your monitor vertically.

Quoted from Slim64:

Did they change how it works? I thought it used to be only licensed to the machine it was originally purchased on, ie...I bought mine through steam. But can't install what's purchased on my new computer.

Steam purchases transfer to new computers, you just can't play the same game simultaneously on different computers using the same Steam account.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Won’t it get better with patches?

What incentive would they have to improve the software? They can only sell it until June 30th and they already have your money.

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Thanks for your detailed reply.
Why would you want a vertical view ? That sounds like the up-to-down display you see on flat panel monitors, above the machines at some tournaments.

Because pinball machines are longer than they are wide, and it gives you a good view of the entire table. I find portrait mode pretty unplayable.

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Re #5, any hints on where these are to be found ?

Google "VPX pinball tables" and the top search results will get you there.

You're going to have to do a little research on how to set it up.

Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

I'd be interested in your review/impressions when you get your machine.

When I get it, you can come over one weekend to play it.

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I find portrait mode pretty unplayable.

You mean you find landscape mode pretty unplayable?

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Interestingly enough, you can pay by credit card for the software alone but wire transfer only for the cabinet.

Another interesting thing. For the standard kit (you don't have the tables already) you pay now for the tables but they wont be shipping them till aprox the 30th which is the deadline? That just feels odd to me. I was seriously considering picking this up but just way to many red flags for me to spend $500 on.

#267 5 years ago

Looks like the tables can be purchased individually on iOS but not on Steam where the entire table pack must be purchased.

3 days remaining to purchase!

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Another interesting thing. For the standard kit (you don't have the tables already) you pay now for the tables but they wont be shipping them till aprox the 30th which is the deadline?

Actually, according to the website, the new ship date for the $499 software package is July 31.

#269 5 years ago

Still looking for reply to the latter part of my post #259 . . . .

#270 5 years ago

I already owned all the table packs on steam and paid the $149 for the cab support mode, but only one of the four camera angles works. The other 3 make the ball move in slow motion. I wonder if they will fix this.

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

You mean you find landscape mode pretty unplayable?

D'oh. Yes, that's what I intended, thanks.

#272 5 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Still looking for reply to the latter part of my post #259 . . . .

Here's a link to how the tables are bundled.

https://www.pinballarcade.com/TablePacks/

You're going to have to go to the respective stores to find out how much they cost.

#273 5 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Actually, according to the website, the new ship date for the $499 software package is July 31.

Even a bigger red flag. Buy product from new company that is software and don't get it till a month after you can legally buy it. Sorry, not preordering virtual pinball. I won't even preorder real pinball anymore

#274 5 years ago

Well, I went ahead and bit the bullet. I purchased the cabinet agnostic version of the Arcooda software. I don't like the idea of lugging around a huge video pinball machine, so may build a mini table, and this will offer me the ability to do so.

#275 5 years ago

I bought the remaining seasons cause I would miss the Bally & Williams games way too much.

Hey Farsight, if you are listening: This is the PERFECT time to launch into more CLASSIC STERN tables! Flight 2000 is great, and there are so many more CLASSIC STERNS to choose from: Quicksilver, Seawitch, Stargazer, Big Game, Meteor, Nine Ball, Stars, etc... would all be a welcome addition!

Also, here's hoping the newer emulated machines play better than Ghostbusters. Yuck!

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

I bought the remaining seasons cause I would miss the Bally & Williams games way too much.
Hey Farsight, if you are listening: This is the PERFECT time to launch into more CLASSIC STERN tables! Flight 2000 is great, and there are so many more CLASSIC STERNS to choose from: Quicksilver, Seawitch, Stargazer, Big Game, Meteor, Nine Ball, Stars, etc... would all be a welcome addition!
Also, here's hoping the newer emulated machines play better than Ghostbusters. Yuck!

I'm thinking of buying all of them as well. There are physical copies of the game featuring many of the Williams tables for PS4 and XBOX One but the Steam version seems like the way to go with DX11, 4K textures and I think the games will be playable longer on the platform.

#277 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm thinking of buying all of them as well. There are physical copies of the game featuring many of the Williams tables for PS4 and XBOX One but the Steam version seems like the way to go with DX11, 4K textures and I think the games will be playable longer on the platform.

Agreed. I also have iPad, but bought Steam just in case too. I don’t think we’re EVER going to see digital Bally Williams digital offered for sale again. I believe this is it. The last chance.

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Agreed. I also have iPad, but bought Steam just in case too. I don’t think we’re EVER going to see digital Bally Williams digital offered for sale again. I believe this is it. The last chance.

Yeah, for sure. All 7 packs are $210 (non pro versions) but considering the quality and number of tables involved I don't think that's too bad. Heck, it's only the cost of a couple shaker motors, lol.

#279 5 years ago

I would have to agree, the Steam version seems to be the most future-proof.
Speaking of Steam purchases, I think I bought Season 4 from within the Farsight software cause it doesn't show up as being purchased when viewed in Steam only. Are my Bally /Williams tables in Season 4 safe or are they going to vanish?

#280 5 years ago

The physics are meh, but the descriptions of what to shoot for and learning the game are outstanding.
I bought all of them.

#281 5 years ago

If you buy on steam, does that mean you have to play on a PC? I pretty much just play on my phone now. Used to play on the PS3 but that died.

#282 5 years ago

Well I complained, I groaned- but after about 3 or 4 patches it's actually pretty damn great!

I've been using it on my VirtuaPin (in 2 screen mod- but I can in 3 if I wanted as I had temporarily disabled my 3rd for a real dmd)- and it looks really fantastic.

I've been playing games I'm familiar with specifically (ex- Taxi, Cyclone, TZ etc)- and it does a great job of giving you a real gaming feel.

It still has some bugs- but frankly it's a pretty neat trick to play these in full screen, full speed- and looking as good as it does.

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

If you buy on steam, does that mean you have to play on a PC? I pretty much just play on my phone now. Used to play on the PS3 but that died.

Yes. You can also buy a Steam Link and stream the game to your TV as well (1080p only though).

#284 5 years ago

Last Day!

#285 5 years ago

Appears you can still buy tables, I just purchased Cyclone.

#286 5 years ago

Yup, just bought season 7

#287 5 years ago

Just a heads up there's also physical editions available for PS4 that include many of the Williams titles.

#288 5 years ago

How is the graphics of the PS4 supposed to compare with Steam? I think Steam looks better, but would have thought they'd be similar.

#289 5 years ago

Well, I guess I passed on this, for the most part. Before the deadline, I had a free TPA download (of exactly what I'm not sure . . . ) to my Amazon Fire TV. Then I discovered that you need a $50. Amazon Fire Game Controller to actually make use of it. Those seem to have a lot of disappointing reviews, mentioning things like a lag time on the response, which sounds like it would be too annoying to bother with. So, any future exposure with this for me may come down to VPX, if there is a platform for it that I would find suitable.

#290 5 years ago

In the end I got the first three seasons, plus Addams, Road Show and Getaway.

#291 5 years ago

And they’re gone...

#292 5 years ago

Kind of figured they would have released some new tables today to help offset the loss of all those tables. Call me crazy but I'm ready for some Wedge Heads.

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Kind of figured they would have released some new tables today to help offset the loss of all those tables. Call me crazy but I'm ready for some Wedge Heads.

That would be cool. Digital EM games seem to play better and more realistically then digital solid state ganes in my opinion.

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

How is the graphics of the PS4 supposed to compare with Steam? I think Steam looks better, but would have thought they'd be similar.

PS4 version looks pretty darn good but no native 4k support (I believe) unlike the PC version. I ended up paying around $40 new for both PS4 games, for 40+ tables the seemed like a decent deal.

The two PS4 physical editions contain the following pins.

Disk 1 (just called Pinball Arcade).

Attack from Mars
Big Shot
Black Hole
Black Knight
Bride of Pin-Bot
Cirqus Voltaire
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Elvira
Funhouse
Genie
Gorgar
Harley-Davidson
Medieval Madness
Monster Bash
No Good Gofers
Ripley's Believe It or Not
Scared Stiff
Star Trek
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Taxi
Theater of Magic
Twilight Zone

Disk 2 (referred to as season 2 on game box)

Terminator 2
Champion Pub
Dr Dude
Goin Nuts
Firepower
Flight 2000
Central Park
Tee'd Off
Cactus Canyon
Haunted House
Space Shuttle
Victory
Whitewater
Class of 1812
Pinbot
El Dorado
Centaur
Cue Ball Wizard
Whirlwind
Tales of the Arabian Nights

#295 5 years ago

I have 2 seasons of TPA tables. But I did not buy more. I gave up on them. I am interested in buying the newer Stern tables when they come out, but ghostbusters runs like total crap.

So instead, I spend $30 on the Steam Summer sale and completed my Pinball FX3 collection. It runs with total flawlessness on full details and looks beautiful, and the software is patched and maintained. I am not a hardcore Marvel fan, but these tables are awesome for sure: Captain America, Wolverine, Spider Man, Venom and my fav so far, Ghost Rider.

I could go on, but I just bought the Marvel seasons, so my family played with them all weekend...

EDIT: Plus, at parties, everybody seem to prefer Pinball FX3 games by a lot

20180602_171107 (resized).jpg20180602_171107 (resized).jpg
#296 5 years ago

Will the now-vanished TPA titles be turning up on eBay (like various other software, much of it non-current), if so perhaps at inflated asking prices ? Or is there some sort of registration mechanism involved which would render that useless now ? There were repeated references in this thread to titles that were bought, but apparently not owned for good, because they later "went away."

#297 5 years ago

I digitally purchased and downloaded Season 1 and a few other of my favorite games on the last day they were available on XBox. There are a couple others I kind of wish I had downloaded as well. For all the nitpicking about these games, I'm glad I have some of them. I just hope that if the company goes 'poof' that I don't lose what I purchased.

1 week later
#298 5 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Will the now-vanished TPA titles be turning up on eBay (like various other software, much of it non-current), if so perhaps at inflated asking prices ? Or is there some sort of registration mechanism involved which would render that useless now ? There were repeated references in this thread to titles that were bought, but apparently not owned for good, because they later "went away."

I'm not sure how you could sell The Pinball Arcade for the PC without selling your entire STEAM account, or selling a cracked/pirated PC copy.

1 month later
#299 5 years ago

Any updates on the future of digital pinball?

#300 5 years ago

They recently said they will be releasing Big Buck Hunter and Whoa Nellie very soon. No specific date again though. They did share this promo pic.

DE0E9E1F-7090-4102-9DF1-CAB92A2E204F (resized).jpegDE0E9E1F-7090-4102-9DF1-CAB92A2E204F (resized).jpeg
There are 340 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-arcade-announces-it-wont-carry-ballywilliams-tables/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.