• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
fester.jpg
Grumpy old man.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

I see your point but in the same token just charge more. But then that's still a risk in that not enough people will buy it. So I see why they are doing what they are. My problem is I thought that the Kickstart program was for new start-up companies not to fund new projects from established companies. My error.

I see Kickstarter as a way for fans to help get something created that otherwise would not be. Are there shady/greedy Kickstarters? Or course; it's buyer-beware just like anything.

I threw like $50 into the Pro Pinball: Timeshock! Kickstarter. Why? Because they promised full cabinet support, what they had so far looked ****ing amazing and I really wanted to see it happen (they had failed a previous Kickstarter where they tried to do 4 or 5 tables at once). $50 is nothing compared to the amount of enjoyment I will get out of that product when it's finished. Of course they won't charge that much for the final release, but so what? If not for Kickstarter, they've said they couldn't afford to do it.

No one's forcing you to contribute but the only reason Farsight can offer the expensive licensed tables for normal prices is because of Kickstarter contributors "over-paying" (i.e. donating). You can certainly wait and just pay normal price but the risk is that the campaign will fail and the table won't get made. They've said they'd have to charge way too much for these tables otherwise. You think people complain a lot now? Imagine the hysteria on Facebook if they came out with TAF for like $20.

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

not everybody has a 3D tv but they implemented that. I bet theres more people who would turn thier hdtv sideways or lay it flat if there were cab view than go get a 3dtv even if it was 3d cab view.
PS3 tournament champ nothing more.

It's not just cabinets; there a ton of PC monitors that can rotate to portrait. If I didn't have a cabinet, I'd want to rotate one monitor to portrait and move the DMD to the other on my desktop PC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 1,059.00
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-arcade-announces-expensive-kickstarter?tu=roo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.