Topic Stats

• 236 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by SKILL_SHOT
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
fester.jpg
Grumpy old man.jpg

There are 236 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

My statement was driven by how they have handled the previous kickstarters and the pc version and lies and broken promises. Seems like they took the money and ran. I lost interest in their product. They have lost a lot of people over the pc kickstarter thing. Cabinet support was supposed to be out 2 years ago. Maybe more...

I agree with you that cabinet support is one thing they have failed to deliver on, but I don't know what you're talking about regarding "took the money and ran" from the kickstarters. the STTNG, TZ, and T2 tables they produced with that money are among TPA's finest tables.

#202 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

what makes you think they're mismanaging expenses?

What makes you think Adams will not be profitable? Because they said it? Ok.

Looks like a money grab to me.. whatever.

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

What makes you think Adams will not be profitable? Because they said it? Ok.

sure. I mean if you just think they're a bunch of shameless liars, that is your prerogative. but they have consistently said the same thing about every high-profile license since the beginning, and I don't really see any evidence that they're swimming in cash.

#204 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

producing a product (say, TAF in TPA) that you know will cost more money than it will make is a bad business decision no matter how profitable your company is.

I see your point but in the same token just charge more. But then that's still a risk in that not enough people will buy it. So I see why they are doing what they are. My problem is I thought that the Kickstart program was for new start-up companies not to fund new projects from established companies. My error.

#205 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

I agree with you that cabinet support is one thing they have failed to deliver on, but I don't know what you're talking about regarding "took the money and ran" from the kickstarters. the STTNG, TZ, and T2 tables they produced with that money are among TPA's finest tables.

for the pc port. did they ever get them out? if so I stand corrected. People payed money on the kickstarter for the pc version and they went radio silent on it.

edit: I see it is on steam so I stand corrected.

#206 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

sure. I mean if you just think they're a bunch of shameless liars, that is your prerogative. but they have consistently said the same thing about every high-profile license since the beginning, and I don't really see any evidence that they're swimming in cash.

If i were to guess, they probably make more money on these than the standard ports as they get the kickstarter money plus the standard sales. What are the licensing fees for the rest of the games vs. these? I think supporting this activity pushes them as well as other publishers to look for more of these opportunities. Why not? They look like the good guy and reap the benefits.

I guess I am old and scarred.

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

None. Ok, some.. I bought a few packs and CD's for consoles.

So if us backers succeed....you'll reap the benefits by having more licensed games to buy at the regular price.

Nothing to complain about really!

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

If i were to guess, they probably make more money on these than the standard ports as they get the kickstarter money plus the standard sales. What are the licensing fees for the rest of the games vs. these? I think supporting this activity pushes them as well as other publishers to look for more of these opportunities. Why not? They look like the good guy and reap the benefits.
I guess I am old and scarred.

Yeah, I believe I paid $15 for tz on the kickstarter and then they sold it for $4. Never again...

#209 5 years ago

How can TAF be licensed and profitable when they can't manage to secure the rights to rerun the playfields due to Raul Julia's estate? Are they removing his likeness from the virtual pin?

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from nate1981s:

How can TAF be licensed and profitable when they can't manage to secure the rights to rerun the playfields due to Raul Julia's estate? Are they removing his likeness from the virtual pin?

we don't know yet. maybe we'll learn more when they launch the kickstarter.

#211 5 years ago
Quoted from nate1981s:

I cannot find any real evidence of the Raul Julia estate denying the licenses. Is this all 3rd hand stories or has this came directly from lawyers or Williams license owners? I would like to see documentation.

Raul Julia's image is not on the playfield. Its on the slingshot and translite.

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I cannot find any real evidence of the Raul Julia estate denying the licenses. Is this all 3rd hand stories or has this came directly from lawyers or Williams license owners? I would like to see documentation.

It's also his voice clips throughout.

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Bingo. Pretty sure that reasoning is all bull shit

#214 5 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Yeah, I believe I paid $15 for tz on the kickstarter and then they sold it for $4. Never again...

Yup. That's how it works. You're paying extra for rewards, like getting your name in the credits.

Nothing outrageous. Did you think it was going to be $15 at retail?

#215 5 years ago

With Raul Julia's estate and using his likeness.....I think it was something simple that got miscommunicated the more it was told. My guess is, his estate doesn't license his image for NEW products. Like if MGD wanted to make a commercial with a digital Raul Julia exclaiming "It's Miller Time!".

This got twisted into "Raul Julia's estate won't license his likeness for anything".

Raul Julia was proud of his work in Addams Family, and it's his most famous role. I don't think his estate ever refused to allow his likeness on an already established product he willingly was a proud participant in.

#216 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Yup. That's how it works. You're paying extra for rewards, like getting your name in the credits.
Nothing outrageous. Did you think it was going to be $15 at retail?

my reward was the game.... nothing extra. just checked and it was $10. And yes I thought it would be $10 as that is what they lead people to believe.

#217 5 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

my reward was the game.... nothing extra. just checked and it was $10. And yes I thought it would be $10 as that is what they lead people to believe.

Nope. That's what you read into it.

#218 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Nope. That's what you read into it.

Actually at some point they stated that because of the license it would cost more for TZ and ST:TNG hence why the prices for backing were set where they were.

#219 5 years ago

For those interested, From their Facebook page

We are proud to announce that Black Knight 2000™, Who dunnit™, High Speed™, and Junk Yard™ are now available on PSN North America for PS3/Vita.

PS4 will be getting the same set on July 22nd!

EU: 16th for PS3/Vita and 23rd for PS4.

It appears the 360 version is "Still undergoing certification."

#220 5 years ago

Great news on the PS4!

#221 5 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Actually at some point they stated that because of the license it would cost more for TZ and ST:TNG hence why the prices for backing were set where they were.

It did cost more. At that time, you were getting two games for the regular price. The licensed games (TZ, T2, and STTNG) came solo...hence costing more.

#222 5 years ago

Wonder if you bought if for the PS3 already, if they'll discount it for the PS4.

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Wonder if you bought if for the PS3 already, if they'll discount it for the PS4.

Lol

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

I think there is a cross-grade for season 1 for PS3 owners.

I never had a PS3....so I'm buying it fresh....

#225 5 years ago

New tables, still no portrait mode

They get no money from me, deezzzzz nutz is what they get lol

#226 5 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

It appears the 360 version is "Still undergoing certification."

I didn't think anything could be slower than Congress......I stand corrected.

#227 5 years ago

Dude on FB said a programmer went on Steam & made it clear PC portrait mode is no longer a priority.

#228 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Dude on FB said a programmer went on Steam & made it clear PC portrait mode is no longer a priority.

There's only a small subset of their customers who have a virtual pin cabinet, so it makes sense. They won't like it, but they only have so much resources.

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

No.
I've been a Pinball Arcade kickstarter supporter in the past, but I feel they are established enough to stand on their own feet. It's not ok to ask the fans to subsidize their income/risk any longer.
There's plenty of unlicensed tables they could produce that would not require panhandling.

What he said.

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

There's only a small subset of their customers who have a virtual pin cabinet, so it makes sense. They won't like it, but they only have so much resources.

I agree, TPA is an ipad product, nothing more.

I'm just making it clear to those who continue to buy tables on PC because TPA said they would offer a full screen view like PinballFX.

#231 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

New tables, still no portrait mode
They get no money from me, deezzzzz nutz is what they get lol

Do you have my CD's? "No..." Well, SEE DEEZ NUTS!

Use that one often, works every time!

#232 5 years ago

not everybody has a 3D tv but they implemented that. I bet theres more people who would turn thier hdtv sideways or lay it flat if there were cab view than go get a 3dtv even if it was 3d cab view.
PS3 tournament champ nothing more.

#233 5 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

I see your point but in the same token just charge more. But then that's still a risk in that not enough people will buy it. So I see why they are doing what they are. My problem is I thought that the Kickstart program was for new start-up companies not to fund new projects from established companies. My error.

I see Kickstarter as a way for fans to help get something created that otherwise would not be. Are there shady/greedy Kickstarters? Or course; it's buyer-beware just like anything.

I threw like $50 into the Pro Pinball: Timeshock! Kickstarter. Why? Because they promised full cabinet support, what they had so far looked ****ing amazing and I really wanted to see it happen (they had failed a previous Kickstarter where they tried to do 4 or 5 tables at once). $50 is nothing compared to the amount of enjoyment I will get out of that product when it's finished. Of course they won't charge that much for the final release, but so what? If not for Kickstarter, they've said they couldn't afford to do it.

No one's forcing you to contribute but the only reason Farsight can offer the expensive licensed tables for normal prices is because of Kickstarter contributors "over-paying" (i.e. donating). You can certainly wait and just pay normal price but the risk is that the campaign will fail and the table won't get made. They've said they'd have to charge way too much for these tables otherwise. You think people complain a lot now? Imagine the hysteria on Facebook if they came out with TAF for like $20.

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

not everybody has a 3D tv but they implemented that. I bet theres more people who would turn thier hdtv sideways or lay it flat if there were cab view than go get a 3dtv even if it was 3d cab view.
PS3 tournament champ nothing more.

It's not just cabinets; there a ton of PC monitors that can rotate to portrait. If I didn't have a cabinet, I'd want to rotate one monitor to portrait and move the DMD to the other on my desktop PC.

#235 5 years ago

I play it on my arcade from time to time so to suggest it is only iPad is faulty. I wouldn't do the console thing but it is set up like a sort of virtual pin on my arcade so it works enough for me and the tables look great.

As for how much you 'pay' for a table through kickstarter, kickstarters are to get things going, which is a setup cost separate from the eventual retail of the game. Likely thing is that for each licensed table they'd have to sell way more copies than they know they'll ever sell to recoup the license costs in addition to development costs so they do a kickstarter. If you don't like the idea, don't pledge/fund it. Vote with your wallet.

I wish they'd do a real cabinet mode and who knows, perhaps some day but it clearly isn't where their money will be best spent right now.

#236 5 years ago

right Roo, I was saying there are alot less people with a 3dtv than standard hdtv yet FS found it more worthwhile to put out 3d than a cab view or over the table full screen view even though the hdtv to 3dhdtv ratio is what 10-1?. 2 monitor support now your just being greedy PSP had over the table view.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,099.00
$ 69.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Dystopian Mods Italia
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Mateo, CA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
9,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Upper Freehold, NJ
Boards
PinSound
Sale Pending!
Exton, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 25.00
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Machine - For Sale
Lockport, IL
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 19.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 66.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
€ 222.00
Cabinet - Decals
Buthamburg
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 236 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside