Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by tcv
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Seen alot about pinball arcade. Here is their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade?sid=0.7603806264232844 when they posted a table I had I sent them a pic of it. I love having this app on my phone as I can play DR DUDE when I am at work. I am collecting all the tables slowly but will surely have them all.

#2 11 years ago

Have they released any bug fixes for the tables? I know scared stiff I have had problems with the ball release after a crate shot which is frustrating. Best iPad app available though.

#3 11 years ago

not sure I have it on my android and I have not bought that table. maybe hit them up on facebook and let them know. http://www.farsightstudios.com/ I dont think their website has a contact for reporting bugs but you can try.

#5 11 years ago

I hope they bring the table to windows also

#6 11 years ago

I would also checkout Zen Pinball. They don't do recreated games, and all the material is original, but the physics and game play are much better.

#7 11 years ago

got all the table from zen on my xbox except the star wars tables so far

#8 11 years ago

i am on top of my pinball games lol I have all the tables of zen on my phone except the marvel ones

#9 11 years ago

Zen better physics? You must be kidding geek?

#10 11 years ago

dementedwarlok, IM your Gamertag and we can challenge each others scores.

Plungemaster - Yea, the Zen physics are the best in video pinball right now. Flippers are consistent, no forced angle randomness like in other sims, middle and edge shots are tight to the flipper, ball spin physics actually works right, you can dead catch balls and mostly live catch. Hell try most of the intermediate flipper skills and Zen is the only to pass the test.

#11 11 years ago

Hmmm, ok. But i think its your opinion, which is fine. But i do not agree, and lots of other players think the same.

The ball is way to heavy on zen, in my opinion.

But ok, i think its nice to see we have different games, so we have some choices which game to play.

#12 11 years ago

I'm waiting for STTNG on PS3!!!

#13 11 years ago

Yeah both Zen and pin arcade are very different. I like Zen as far as physics but don't really care for the made up tables. Pinball arcade is cool cuz the tables are based on real life but the physics kinda suck. In the black hole table the ball when put into play always seems to go in the right lane.

#14 11 years ago

One other thing about Zen. To much use of the kickbacks. I played Mars table for what felt like 2 hours because I kept getting the kickbacks activated.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from dementedwarlok:

I want this only if they allow for multiple screens so you can setup a virtual table with ease (doesn't give you every table, but if it's easy to configure it's worth it)

#16 11 years ago

Zen seems to be geared more towards the casual video gamer more than pinheads, so it can be a bit easy sometimes, especially with the ball saves. That said, I thng they have some great tale layouts and rules sets. I also agree that their physics are better. That doesn't keep me from enjoying Pinball Arcade though. I have all of the tables for my iPad. I get a little bit of slowdown on Black Hole and Genie for some reason which makes them a pain to play right now.

#17 11 years ago

I have a duel core phone and get the slow down sometimes but most of the time it plays just fine. either way there are still a great games

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from PDXGeek:

I would also checkout Zen Pinball. They don't do recreated games, and all the material is original, but the physics and game play are much better.

+1... the physics are great! but it would be nice to have the real games

#19 11 years ago

not sure I have it on my android and I have not bought that table. maybe hit them up on facebook and let them know. http://www.farsightstudios.com/ I dont think their website has a contact for reporting bugs but you can try.

The best place for bug reports, information and news about pinball arcade is www.pinballarcadefans.com

#20 11 years ago

I disagree with the real games statement. If I want to play real games, I will just play the ones I own. The problem that Pinball Arcade has is they only make real games, so they always suck because of it. The physics are terrible, and they never work like a real machine does. When you play Zen, you no longer have this hang up. You don't have a real life counter part to compare it too, so the games are a heck-of-alot of fun. Add in the ability to utilize real world pinball skills that do not work properly in other games, and its a winner for me.

I agree, the earlier tables are too easy and the ball times are too long. They addressed this quite well in later tables. Empire Strikes Back for instance requires some skill to get a kick back enabled. I think its their best game yet really.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from PDXGeek:

I disagree with the real games statement. If I want to play real games, I will just play the ones I own. .

Not all of us are so lucky to be able to do this.

#22 11 years ago

Yeah it is nice to be able to play MM without having to shell out the instance price to buy one. Most arcades near me are still more than a hour drive to get there.

#23 11 years ago

$20 on amazon. Anyone have one? If so, it work ok?
    http://www.amazon.com/Duo-Games-04-0019ML-Pinball-iPad/dp/B008M0NDRM

image.jpgimage.jpg

#24 11 years ago

http://reviews.cnet.com/pc/duo-games-duo-pinball/4505-9591_7-35477645.html

Save your money. It looks like the reviews on amazon are inflated.

I have all of the tables on my Sony Vita - real buttons, tilt, and plunge. The physics aren't perfect, but the games are a blast. I play them every day, and they're only getting better. It's what got me into the hobby.

#25 11 years ago

I wish they had one of these for the Nexus 7. I have almost all of the tables (except Gorgar and BK) and play them all the time....really enjoy Dr Dude for some reason

#26 11 years ago

No. Like most peripherals on iOS they only work for some games. It doesn't work for either PA or Zen. Only PinballHD.

#27 11 years ago

that is cool! I had the idea of making a controller for my xbox that is similar. i also like the iarcade cab for the Ipad. only thing is i dont have a Ipad

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

No. Like most peripherals on iOS they only work for some games. It doesn't work for either PA or Zen. Only PinballHD.

Good to know thanks! PA is the best one IMO. Wish they had something similar for that.

#29 11 years ago

i found on Frostwire lastnight Williams Pinball Classics. Has Tales of arbian nights, black rose, creature from the black lagoon, and lost world. plays great and looks decent.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

Unless your iPad is jailbroken.

#31 11 years ago

PA gets icade support real soon. Then we can build custompinball cabinets for out ipad.

Some already made one, can be seen on youtube.

That duo pinball controller is a pain in the ass that it only plays pinball hd, which sucks.

#32 11 years ago

You can play any of these tables now with visual pinball/VPM on your windows PC or vpin cabinet and it's free.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You can play any of these tables now with visual pinball/VPM on your windows PC or vpin cabinet and it's free.

I have the future pinball I tried the VP but it didnt play the fireball table that is all i want to play it the fireball

#34 11 years ago

i am a huge fan of The Pinball Arcade. I can understand being quite frustrated with them if you are an xbox user, but it just cannot be beat on an iPad. they're constantly updating tables, fixing bugs, and adding new ones. it's not perfect ... nudging kind of sucks, and yeah when you are emulating 30 different incredibly complicated real-life machines, there will be some inconsistencies. but TPA blows away the other pinball sims in my opinion.

I own a Black Hole and a STTNG, and the TPA versions are almost inscrutably accurate.

Black Hole is my favorite pinball table. I've played it more than any other. Their initial iteration of BH had some problems, but the current version of it is amazing -- it's so close to the real thing that it's hard to find anything to nit pick about. The only difference I've been able to spot is that the "re-entry gate" is softer in real life -- a ball on the main playfield can push it open (resulting in a drain) pretty easily. This is an extremely minor thing, all things considered.

i haven't owned my STTNG long enough to really get picky about FarSight's implementation yet, but I haven't noticed any tangible differences. seems pretty darn spot-on so far.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

i am a huge fan of The Pinball Arcade. I can understand being quite frustrated with them if you are an xbox user, but it just cannot be beat on an iPad. they're constantly updating tables, fixing bugs, and adding new ones. it's not perfect ... nudging kind of sucks, and yeah when you are emulating 30 different incredibly complicated real-life machines, there will be some inconsistencies. but TPA blows away the other pinball sims in my opinion.
    I own a Black Hole and a STTNG, and the TPA versions are almost inscrutably accurate.
    Black Hole is my favorite pinball table. I've played it more than any other. Their initial iteration of BH had some problems, but the current version of it is amazing -- it's so close to the real thing that it's hard to find anything to nit pick about. The only difference I've been able to spot is that the "re-entry gate" is softer in real life -- a ball on the main playfield can push it open (resulting in a drain) pretty easily. This is an extremely minor thing, all things considered.
    i haven't owned my STTNG long enough to really get picky about FarSight's implementation yet, but I haven't noticed any tangible differences. seems pretty darn spot-on so far.

I'm just glad someone is doing all of this pin simulation, regardless who or what it is.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from PDXGeek:

I disagree with the real games statement. If I want to play real games, I will just play the ones I own. The problem that Pinball Arcade has is they only make real games, so they always suck because of it. The physics are terrible, and they never work like a real machine does. When you play Zen, you no longer have this hang up. You don't have a real life counter part to compare it too, so the games are a heck-of-alot of fun. Add in the ability to utilize real world pinball skills that do not work properly in other games, and its a winner for me.
    I agree, the earlier tables are too easy and the ball times are too long. They addressed this quite well in later tables. Empire Strikes Back for instance requires some skill to get a kick back enabled. I think its their best game yet really.

I own a few machines, play machines on location, and play The Pinball Arcade and some Zen games. Pinball Arcade physics are much better. For one, many if not most ramp shots on Zen games would simply be impossible in real life. The rule sets for Zen games are extremely shallow compared to the real games that Pinball Arcade emulates.

#37 11 years ago

Rule sets and physics are not the same thing. While I don't find the rule sets shallow for many of the Zen games, I don't see any value in trying to make the statement that the ramp shots would be impossible. The point being, its a video game, not the real thing, so it doesn't matter.

Flippers are your primary interface to a pinball game, real or otherwise. So when I play a virtual representation, this is what I focus on more than anything. As someone that has spent hours practicing live catches, flipper passes, dead catch, bounce etc, flipper accuracy and physics is my primary trait for focusing on when reviewing a game. As such, when I discuss the physics of a game, I am focusing 90% on the accuracy of the flippers, and how the flippers react with the ball. And when comparing PA to Zen, there is just no comparison, Zen blows PA out of the water.

#38 11 years ago

Good lord I can agree with pdxgeeks statements here more. Who could possibly argue that visual pinball or pinball arcade physics are better? Haven't you guys played real pinball? Geez crazy. The flipper physics in pinball fx2 are just right on.

#39 11 years ago

Mark I can agree nothing beats the real deal! I noticed in pinball arcade I cannot make a shot to get standard goals. Also the nudge feature on pin arcade on the phone requires u to put your fingure twords the top to move the table. I only fall back on emulated pinball when I want to play a classic that I cannot find anywhere to play.

#40 11 years ago

I also like the fact that kids can find these games to play. Shows another generation what pinball is. I do believe in keeping the classics alive.

#41 11 years ago

I absolutely Love pinball arcade on my android phone.
    Only have the demo downloaded on my xbox live account.
    I am a bit bitter that I would have to pay twice to have on both platforms.
    Also it doesn't sit well with me that there are pro versions for upgraded prices and "a-list" titles cost as much as the 2-packs use to.
    I purchased every 2 pack up until the changes on price and options.
    Still sooner or later I'll give in.
    And they know that . Lol
    Would find it beneficial both side if they did a season pass type deal.
    One price gets all titles as they're released that following 12 months from date of purchase.

Also its a great way to learn rulesets for each game firsthand .

Post edited by jammer74 : forgotten thought needed to add

#42 11 years ago

I play Zen and PA. PA is my favorite, but some of the tables on Zen are just so cool I play those too. I don't play VPin anymore though. I am certainly not skilled enough to evaluate physics, but I like being able to try out real tables through exploring the rules on PA.

What we need is a Cabinet version of Zen and PA.

#43 11 years ago

I think I got the Gottlieb collection for the PS2 back in early 2005, and that was before I got back into pinball. I've been a fan of Farsight and Crave Ent. ever since.

They're great representations of the original machines. No the physics aren't perfect but it's a great way to learn the rulesets and strategies.

TOM is a great example for me. I got addicted when it came out on the iPad. At one point I was 80th in the world or something and memorized the game in the process. When I later played the actual machine the feel was different but I was still able to score 2B. No, not a great score but WAY better than the 600M I was used to getting

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I'm waiting for STTNG on PS3!!!

Came out earlier this week with the update! I'm waiting on Firepower!!!! Solid game though for sure.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

What we need is a Cabinet version of Zen and PA

You can do this with Zen pinball now. You need to use Windows 8 though, its the only platform that supports this.

#46 11 years ago

I'm awaiting the PC version to come out on Steam myself, it would be interesting to see people make table mods in the form of add-ons for the PC and Mac versions (Color DMDs for certain tables, Plasma Bumpers for Black Hole, TV and Robby mods in TZ, etc...).

#47 11 years ago

Pinball Arcade started my fascination with pinball. Pinball Arcade helped me understand how to play, that playing was more than flipping both flippers spastically. It introduced me to real tables, the majority of which I can't play IRL.

For those reasons, I love it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.