Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dayhuff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F3FD7F8D-DA45-45D9-BC79-FA7CD9E18A66 (resized).png
    45A25948-03F8-467C-A59A-1E37D8A513B9 (resized).jpeg

#1 5 years ago

I love to go to hawaii.. My favorite island is maui. There is No pinball on Maui. If i go to Oahu or kauai there are pinball machines to play. Does anyone research If there are pinball machines where they are going to vacation? Is it important?

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrPaint:

I love to go to hawaii.. My favorite island is maui. There is No pinball on Maui. If i go to Oahu or kauai there are pinball machines to play. Does anyone research If there are pinball machines where they are going to vacation? Is it important?

I just did some research for a possible vacation later this summer. Found a place that will have more pins than I can shake a stick at. They even created an event over a long weekend and are renting out a convention center. ReplayFX/Pinburgh I think it’s called. Taking my 3 sons even but the wife said she’d prefer to stay home!!

But seriously, we’re heading to Oahu for 4 nights and Maui for 4 nights next month. Will have to do some research for where to play on Oahu. Really didn’t play into the decision to take the trip... whereas my late summer trip is 100% pinball related.

#4 5 years ago

I went totje most magical place on earth (Disney/Orlando) and I took an afternoon off while my wife & girls went to the pool to play pinball 45 minutes away.

45A25948-03F8-467C-A59A-1E37D8A513B9 (resized).jpeg45A25948-03F8-467C-A59A-1E37D8A513B9 (resized).jpeg
    #5 5 years ago

My wife HATES that I turn every vacation into an opportunity to play a pinball tournament.

Having said that we are taking a long distance train trip to Chicago to tour the stern factory this summer. She’s a goddamn saint.

#6 5 years ago

I may it check for pinball when planning a trip, but I always look for pins once I arrive.

#7 5 years ago

I always do heavy research on where I can play, even if I can’t play much. Disney was bone dry and unfortunately didn’t have a means to drive myself around as it was a family trip. This year I’ve got 2 trips planned and everyone going is onboard to hit some barcades most nights

Hanging out with me directly involves pinball at some point

#9 5 years ago

I definitely check before leaving home and it's common for me to have a restaurant recommendation that happens to have some games. I sometimes ask here for recommendations before traveling too. We are going to Miami Beach soon for Spring Break and I know the Silverball museum is a few miles North of there; that's all the searching I've done so far.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#10 5 years ago

I highly recommend the app pinball map to download to your phones.

South Florida

F3FD7F8D-DA45-45D9-BC79-FA7CD9E18A66 (resized).pngF3FD7F8D-DA45-45D9-BC79-FA7CD9E18A66 (resized).png
    #11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

My wife HATES that I turn every vacation into an opportunity to play a pinball tournament.

My wife is starting to play in them with me. Persistence pays off. Haha

#12 5 years ago

My brother is headed to California with his spouse to visit family over Spring Break. He told me he found this place with a lot of pinball machines. I then told him there was a place in Banning that's only open a few days a year and has over 500 machines. Lo and behold, he was talking about the Timeout Expo at the Museum of Pinball. I may have infected my brother with the pinball bug. So envious.

#13 5 years ago

I’ve got over 40 sitting in my house. If I started playing pinball for any extended period of time on our family vacations, I’d feel like a real ass.

#14 5 years ago

HaHa your Wife REALLY loves you! Heehaw!!!

#15 5 years ago

It is cool to have some pins in the area, but it's not a must for me. Part of the reason for that is we have so many great places to play in my immediate area now.

Quoted from Richthofen:

Having said that we are taking a long distance train trip to Chicago to tour the stern factory this summer. She’s a goddamn saint.

Logan Arcade is a must.

1 month later
    #17 4 years ago

My vacations consist of going to the Ohio show next weekend and PATZ after that. There will be plenty of games to play at both.

John

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-vacations and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.