Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Cornelius
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oakley (resized).JPG
    IMG_2727-Edit-2 (resized).jpg
    index_structure (resized).jpg
    IMG_3354 (resized).PNG
    images (resized).jpg
    flip flops (resized).JPG
    nike-solarsoft-comfort-slide-mens (resized).jpg
    thong toss (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    20160925_150745 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20160925-175213 (resized).png
    94b22fff25d2eab60bb3157cb508484d (resized).jpg
    pinball_machine_flip_flops-r98e5c757368d4708b6d974f4c42cc00c_jhc7z_324 (resized).jpg
    TOM Patsys (resized).jpg
    There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

(This was originally going to be a PM, but the recipient blocked me; thus, a new Pinside thread appears!)

Sandals. Flip-flops. Slippers (slippas). Chonklas*. Huraches*. Jerusalem Cruisers.

We've all got a pair somewhere. Do you wear 'em while you pinball?

There's nothing to be ashamed about. The first time I read about Lyman Sheats, it was an article lovingly chiding him about playing in his stocking feet (and his fly Members Only jacket)**.

I feel that to do your best when pinballing, you need to be comfortable. So whether it's barefoot, or in sandals, or wearing Sketchers... do not lament your own personal style. Do you!

PS "Hows" "about" "an" "olive" "branch" "C****" "L***" "?"

*I don't know how to spell either of these things.
    **I was really disappointed to see a pic of him playing recently, and he was wearing sneakers. Man, I hope he wasn't shamed into wearing footwear!

TOM Patsys (resized).jpgTOM Patsys (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

I wear sandals with my toga, of course.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

I wear sandals with my toga, of course.

Only thing better would be playing au natural, of course.

(I don't want to be invited to that party)

#4 7 years ago

I live in Southern California, so I'm almost always wearing sandals when when I play.

Now, when I first read your thread, I thought it said "Pinball and scandals".

#5 7 years ago

Shorts, tank top, flip flop (Havianas) really nothin fancy

#6 7 years ago

Nope I don't own any of those and never will. I could never figure out how guys think that other people want to see there ugly bare feet, or worse yet there socks and sandals.....ugh. Now a beautiful woman in sandals or even barefooted, I'll look at those feet all day.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

pinball_machine_flip_flops-r98e5c757368d4708b6d974f4c42cc00c_jhc7z_324 (resized).jpgpinball_machine_flip_flops-r98e5c757368d4708b6d974f4c42cc00c_jhc7z_324 (resized).jpg

94b22fff25d2eab60bb3157cb508484d (resized).jpg94b22fff25d2eab60bb3157cb508484d (resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago

An old GF played in these....

Screenshot_20160925-175213 (resized).pngScreenshot_20160925-175213 (resized).png

#8 7 years ago

They are called THONGS. Ask any Aussie.

#9 7 years ago

All I ever wear
    Reef sandals with the bottle opener on the bottom. 20160925_150745 (resized).jpg20160925_150745 (resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

AHHHH I knew I was missing something. Good on ya mate!

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Nope I don't own any of those and never will. I could never figure out how guys think that other people want to see there ugly bare feet, or worse yet there socks and sandals.....ugh.

It's definitely a West Coast thing. I mean, you never know when you MIGHT be on the beach, and you don't want sand in your tennis shoes!

Now, people who wear socks and sandals? They should be removed from the gene pool, post haste.

#12 7 years ago

Never owned a pair and never will. The only time I've ever worn them in my life was earlier this year while doing Cave of the Winds at Niagara Falls. They give everyone a pair to wear as a safety measure and they are the lamest things I've ever seen. My water shoes, which I was wearing offered much better traction and protection but they make you wear the sandals. Definitely not for me!!

#13 7 years ago

Sandals are year round footwear here in Phoenix. I wear Sanuk's, the most comfortable thing you will ever put on ur feet! Seriously they are like wearing anti-fatigue mats on your feet.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

Pluggas would also be acceptable in the Aussie vernacular.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Sandals are year round footwear here in Phoenix. I wear Sanuk's, the most comfortable thing you will ever put on ur feet! Seriously they are like wearing anti-fatigue mats on your feet.

Those do look quite comfy. Sanuk, eh?

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

It's definitely a West Coast thing. I mean, you never know when you MIGHT be on the beach, and you don't want sand in your tennis shoes!

Not just the West Coast.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Not just the West Coast.

*looks up Tybee Island*

ahhh, good shit. nice up the jam

#18 7 years ago

Have I played in them......sure if I happen to have them on. Sneakers are better for playing though.

But you can't go wrong with a good pair of Tiddies at the beach.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Those do look quite comfy. Sanuk, eh?

They also make canvas shoes with the same comfy soles.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

*looks up Tybee Island*
    ahhh, good shit. nice up the jam

There's a Sanuk store in the Savannah GA. Airport.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

There's a Sanuk store in the Savannah GA. Airport.

I can't imagine the next time I'll be anywhere near there, but thank you, my friend!

#22 7 years ago

We also toss them for fun. Love STRAYA!
    The are truly an Aussie multi tool.

thong toss (resized).jpgthong toss (resized).jpg

#23 7 years ago

I thought we all played naked? Now I know why everyone was looking at me when I went to the arcade.

#24 7 years ago

Evan Bingham swears by them. Even won some tournament this summer wearing them. And placed sixth at Cleveland Pinball Whatever last week. HE'S A THONG MAN.

#25 7 years ago

Nike Solarsoft comfort slide. Got em from Kohl's or something. It's nice to let your feet breathe, one less thing to think about. Didn't even feel restricted if I had to make any big moves while playing.

nike-solarsoft-comfort-slide-mens (resized).jpgnike-solarsoft-comfort-slide-mens (resized).jpg

#26 7 years ago

i show my ugly toes wherever I go

flip flops (resized).JPGflip flops (resized).JPG

#27 7 years ago

I often wear these while I play. Vans Nintendo collection:

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#28 7 years ago

Love air....hate me toes....I jam in crocs..............Joey

IMG_3354 (resized).PNGIMG_3354 (resized).PNG

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

We've all got a pair somewhere.

Nope, not me. I have no "mandals". Nobody needs to see any man toes, and certainly not mine.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

Nope, not me. I have no "mandals". Nobody needs to see any man toes, and certainly not mine.

I'm with you, no sandals for me.

if I need air on my feet ill just go barefoot like a hippie.

#31 7 years ago

Noisiest footwear ever. Hate sandals and everyone who wears them.

#32 7 years ago

I play in socks, but I do have a buddy that comes over and always wears sandals. He has feet like a pterodactyl, not good.

#33 7 years ago

Wore sandals all thru Pinburgh, made it to finals of C with no foot pain at all. Like others have said, it's like wearing a portable anti-fatigue mat. Had to chuckle at those poor soles (ba-boom-tish) toting around actual 2'x3' squares of mat to stand on... just grab a $10 pair of thongs for same effect!

#34 7 years ago

Besides at work, I live in Rainbow sandals. They are the best.

index_structure (resized).jpgindex_structure (resized).jpg

#35 7 years ago

American made! The best!

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

American made! The best!

It used to be they made them all in their San Clemente factory which is where I buy them. However as popular as the have become they couldn't keep up with demand so some are now made in China. You can tell which ones by a label on the bottom. I try to always buy the domestic ones. I wear them until there are holes thru the soles.

IMG_2727-Edit-2 (resized).jpgIMG_2727-Edit-2 (resized).jpg

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Have I played in them......sure if I happen to have them on. Sneakers are better for playing though.
    But you can't go wrong with a good pair of Tiddies at the beach.

I would certainly take a nice pair of XL tiddies over Croc's anyday!!!

#38 7 years ago

The leather Oakley are my favorite flip flops so far.

oakley (resized).JPGoakley (resized).JPG

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from 82Trooper:

I would certainly take a nice pair of XL tiddies over Croc's anyday!!!

LOL.........now THAT made me laugh.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#40 7 years ago

Violin Steve gives me shit when I show up to league in a pair of crocs =D. comfy feat yay

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Reef sandals with the bottle opener on the bottom.

I've had Reef's for many years - only used the bottle opener a couple times. My first pair of Reef's had a "flask" built in to the sole.

#42 7 years ago

I do wear my slippers when I play in my basement. smoking jacket is optional

#43 7 years ago

Smoking jacket mandatory.
    Put dem toes away I say.

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

Violin Steve gives me shit when I show up to league in a pair of crocs =D. comfy feat yay

A rare thumbs up for Violent Steve.

#45 7 years ago

At home = sure.
    Forcin yer hammertoe(s) on my corneas = no.

#46 7 years ago

Men should not wear sandals except on the beach.

#47 7 years ago

Every man should save his thongs for the beach.

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Men should not wear sandals except on the beach.

Says the person from Wisconsin...

Seriously tho i never wore them growing up in Nebraska but i did when I got stationed in Vegas. Again when stationed in Alaska they were off the menu, but now in Phoenix they are everday casual attire.

However, people with hamburger feet need to make smart life choices...

#49 7 years ago

Maybe Corny is using his hiatus to design some official pinside sandals to offer for sale upon return. I'd give them a try. Might be nice to walk the dogs while playing pinball.

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from rad:

I've had Reef's for many years - only used the bottle opener a couple times. My first pair of Reef's had a "flask" built in to the sole.

My buddy had a pair with the flask in them .
    Actually I use the bottle opener more than you would think.

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-sandals/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.