Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Hazoff
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

e4c61ed27e202b4982de22da2896d14e776ff7c5 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1647 (resized).jpg
    WP_20160203_15_28_23_Pro_(resized).jpg
    WP_20160203_14_56_36_Pro_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_0992_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    IMG_0844_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0845_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0843_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0841_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0837_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0836_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0835_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpg
    There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 8 years ago

A few of mine.

guitars.jpgguitars.jpg

#102 8 years ago

I used to collect but now I am down to my silver sg

image.pngimage.png

image_1.pngimage_1.png

image_2.pngimage_2.png

#103 8 years ago

Used to have a couple cheap electrics and a couple cheap acoustics. I slowly worked my way into an HD-28 and it's been my only guitar for the past seven years. Absolutely love this guitar. It's got more bottom end than any box I've ever heard. image.jpegimage.jpeg

#104 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Cool thread. Just played for an hour, there is no better escape from reality than playing a guitar. My collection left to right: Nik Huber Krautmeister II (unbelievable), '65 Fender Mustang, '63 Guild Starfire IV, K -Line Tele Custom, Squier J. Mascis Jazzmaster, Gibson SG classic. I play them through a Hot Cake overdrive into a Vox AC-15 with a little reverb.

#105 8 years ago

I've had a few guitars I've swapped in and out over the years. For the most part I stick with a frankenstrat, a breedlove, a les paul and a Gretsch G6120. The amps are mostly an Egnater Rebel 30 run in parallel with a Fender Blues Deluxe in separate isolation chambers.

The electronics change daily. Nowadays I've slimmed down to a Boss TU-2, Diamond Compressor, custom drive pedal I built (much like a Timmy and a TS808 with a mid cut), RV-5, and DD-20. For most of the blues work that I do it really seems to jive well.

305649_294364367301986_668694275_n.jpg305649_294364367301986_668694275_n.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 11.19.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-12-04 at 11.19.14 PM.png

298373_191408850930872_2114270919_n.jpg298373_191408850930872_2114270919_n.jpg

303601_191408994264191_1069504914_n.jpg303601_191408994264191_1069504914_n.jpg

294028_191408970930860_169131510_n.jpg294028_191408970930860_169131510_n.jpg

#106 8 years ago

You should check out my YouTube channel...it focuses on Arcade/pinball & guitars
    www.youtube.com/brewersarcade

1 month later
    #107 8 years ago

A few of mine:

Charvel USA San Dimas Type 2

Custom Jackson Roswell Rhoads

Custom ESP MII

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#108 8 years ago

Yep, I have a '71 black les Paul custom, a 76 bicentennial reverse firebird, 32 national style o, a 29 (reissue) tricone resonator, American strat, dano's and some boat paddles that some might call a guitar. Several vintage amps from the 50s 60s and early 70s... I play bass (fret less jazz) for Black Mountain Prophet.

Interesting observation! Pins and guitars! Cool stuff

#109 8 years ago

Nice axes everyone. I have a Jackson RR5 ,RR professional, and 2 early 80s BC Richs. A Mockingbird standard w/active electronics and a Warlock w/pre amp boost. Both BCs are american neck throughs. Don't see many older ones around anymore.........

#110 8 years ago

This thread is timely for me. I played the piano for as long as I can remember and decided I want to learn the guitar. I have a crappy epiphone accoustic, but prefer the sound of an electric. I made the mistake of ordering a cheap chinese fake strat off of amazon for 100 bucks and although it looked nice I couldn't get the strings to stay in tune for more then 30 seconds and the intonation was way off and spent an hour trying to get it right and it just wouldn't lock in to my satisfaction.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a cheap decent guitar I should buy as a beginner electric? I don't really care how it looks as much as it stays in tune, has good intonation and plays well.

Thanks.

#111 8 years ago

2 Epiphones; Les Paul Standard Pro and ES-339, 2 "fretlights"...awesome for learning and a very playable guitar, a Martin and a Seagull. can't play a lick but still trying!

#112 8 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

This thread is timely for me. I played the piano for as long as I can remember and decided I want to learn the guitar. I have a crappy epiphone accoustic, but prefer the sound of an electric. I made the mistake of ordering a cheap chinese fake strat off of amazon for 100 bucks and although it looked nice I couldn't get the strings to stay in tune for more then 30 seconds and the intonation was way off and spent an hour trying to get it right and it just wouldn't lock in to my satisfaction.
    Does anyone have a recommendation on a cheap decent guitar I should buy as a beginner electric? I don't really care how it looks as much as it stays in tune, has good intonation and plays well.
    Thanks.

I am no expert but GuitarCenter's have awesome prices on used stuff. Plus their website let's you look country wide and they will free ship to your closest store. Musician's Friend seems to be another good place. and there is nothing wrong with a used Epi to start out. Fretlight is a great way to help you learn, fretboard lights notes for songs,scales etc but they don't come cheap. look for sales, as they have them from time to time. I have had 'real' players (as I am not one just yet) tell me they love the fretlight when using mine.

#113 8 years ago
    Quoted from yoshootme:

I am no expert but GuitarCenter's have awesome prices on used stuff. Plus their website let's you look country wide and they will free ship to your closest store. Musician's Friend seems to be another good place. and there is nothing wrong with a used Epi to start out. Fretlight is a great way to help you learn, fretboard lights notes for songs,scales etc but they don't come cheap. look for sales, as they have them from time to time. I have had 'real' players (as I am not one just yet) tell me they love the fretlight when using mine.

Thanks for the advice. Have you tried Rocksmith?

#114 8 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Thanks for the advice. Have you tried Rocksmith?

I havent

#115 8 years ago

A very average rhythm player who just likes to sit around on the couch and play songs. My fav is a acoustic Guild F47M. When I try my hand at electric I dust off a blue Epiphone Les Paul copy. I always threatened to get a strat if I got any better at electric....

Nice eye candy! Good stuff

#116 8 years ago
    Quoted from WileECoyote:

My main axe- Carvin CT6.
    image.jpg

I keep ogling all their guitars online, but I stop myself thinking just how big of a money pit hobby it would become if I buy that first guitar. At least with pinball, I'm restricted by how much room I have. I shudder to think how many guitars and effects pedals I would buy if I tumbled down this rabbit hole.

#117 8 years ago

Gee, I thought I was the only one that had a Breedlove...actually a '94 when Larry Breedlove was with Breedlove

1 week later
    #118 8 years ago

My son and I are both going to take up guitar playing. We just jumped in today ordering stuff. I'll post a pic or two when everything arrives. Neither one of us has ever played. He currently plays an Alto Sax and I have never played an instrument ever (btw, he's 17 and I'm 48....almost 49).

He went with an Epiphone Les Paul and I had a harder time deciding (I'm also a lefty). I ended up getting a DBZ Imperial FM at a great price. Wish us luck!

#119 8 years ago

I have mostly Charvel and Jackson stuff with the exception of two Ibanez's. Pictured are two Charvel neckthroughs, a 89 750xl in rare midnight cobalt and a 89 650xl in red. Also have a 1984 Ibanez Destroyer autographed by Paul Stanley.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#120 8 years ago

I guess I do have one bastard. A Gibson Kramer Striker. I much prefer the original Gary Kramer guitars as opposed to the import stuff but this one was too gorgeous to pass up on. I miss my 84 Baretta and my Nightswan

#121 8 years ago

Here is some of my babies:

IMG_0835_(resized).JPGIMG_0835_(resized).JPG

IMG_0836_(resized).JPGIMG_0836_(resized).JPG

IMG_0837_(resized).JPGIMG_0837_(resized).JPG

IMG_0841_(resized).JPGIMG_0841_(resized).JPG

IMG_0843_(resized).JPGIMG_0843_(resized).JPG

IMG_0845_(resized).JPGIMG_0845_(resized).JPG

IMG_0844_(resized).JPGIMG_0844_(resized).JPG

#122 8 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

My son and I are both going to take up guitar playing. We just jumped in today ordering stuff. I'll post a pic or two when everything arrives. Neither one of us has ever played. He currently plays an Alto Sax and I have never played an instrument ever (btw, he's 17 and I'm 48....almost 49).
    He went with an Epiphone Les Paul and I had a harder time deciding (I'm also a lefty). I ended up getting a DBZ Imperial FM at a great price. Wish us luck!

Like someone mentioned above, pick up rocksmith, you can both play at the same time, you'll have a blast.

#123 8 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Like someone mentioned above, pick up rocksmith, you can both play at the same time, you'll have a blast.

Already done!

Picked up a couple small Fender amps also. Everything should be here tomorrow....we are pretty excited but also know it's going to be a lot of effort/commitment. Like I said, this will be a total first for me.....at least he knows how to read sheet music, I'm totally lost at the moment.

#124 8 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Already done!
    Picked up a couple small Fender amps also. Everything should be here tomorrow....we are pretty excited but also know it's going to be a lot of effort/commitment. Like I said, this will be a total first for me.....at least he knows how to read sheet music, I'm totally lost at the moment.

If you get into it, you may forget about your pinball machines like I have...now I'm thinking about guitar purchases instead of pinball purchases.

#125 8 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

If you get into it, you may forget about your pinball machines like I have...now I'm thinking about guitar purchases instead of pinball purchases.

If it's anything like all of my past hobbies (which are numerous) I'll achieve "respectable goodness" but never greatness.

#126 8 years ago

I've always liked guitar and pinball. Fenders, Gibsons, Marshall, Silvertone, etc! I have EM's and 90's Bally/Williams!

#127 8 years ago

This is the third guitar that I have owned, and I still can't play. The other two I owned in my 20s, and just never took the time to practice. I bought this one a couple of months ago, hoping to actually learn this time. With my track record, I chose the Slash model so if I don't learn to play it, I can use it as a topper on my GnR. lol

I can actually make my fingers do two chords now. On a good day, I can actually switch between them a couple of times. Playing with the amps and pedals available for the computer has really helped to keep my interest this time. I am hoping to have the time to take some lessons soon. I am trying to learn recording software too, and that is fun. I am a really bored programmer, so I am excited to play with non coding stuff. I have found that I really like listening to music through the studio monitors as well. I have determined that my main hobby is buying stuff. Doing something useful with that stuff is just a bonus. lol
    IMG_0992_(resized).JPGIMG_0992_(resized).JPG

#128 8 years ago

Top pic is two of my guitars. Left is a Jazzmaster I built featuring an aluminum neck from Electrical Guitar Company. The right is a 1964 Jazzmaster I inherited from my father. The other pic is my rig.

#129 8 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Thanks.

Well my son and I did a TON of research on this. We knew we both wanted electric and we didn't want to go crazy just in case it doesn't stick....but we didn't want to be frustrated with crap either. Epiphone Les Pauls and Squire Stratocasters are great first electrics. If you find an interesting used guitar on Guitar Center's or Reverb's websites visit youtube to hear reviews and people actually playing the guitar in question.

I found mine (a DBZ Imperial) on Reverb. Found our amps (used) on Guitar Center. My son picked up his Epiphone Les Paul on Amazon.

#130 8 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Well my son and I did a TON of research on this. We knew we both wanted electric and we didn't want to go crazy just in case it doesn't stick....but we didn't want to be frustrated with crap either. Epiphone Les Pauls and Squire Stratocasters are great first electrics. If you find an interesting used guitar on Guitar Center's or Reverb's websites visit youtube to hear reviews and people actually playing the guitar in question.
    I found mine (a DBZ Imperial) on Reverb. Found our amps (used) on Guitar Center. My son picked up his Epiphone Les Paul on Amazon.

I started with an Ibanez GIO, then moved to Epiphone Les Paul and a Schecter C1+. For ease of playing, the Ibanez and the Schecter are better than the Les Paul by a decent margin. However, for sound the reverse is true, the Les Paul sounds better by a decent margin. For playing Rocksmith, the squire is probably going to be easier than the Les Paul. Humbuckers are recommended for Rocksmith as well, and to use the bridge pickup. You can use your pickup selector switch to select the bridge humbucker if your guitar has one (hopefully it does). I'm now playing primarily a Schecter Tempest with a Gibson 57 in the bridge, kind of a combo of both worlds.

#131 8 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I ended up going with the Squire affinity. My boss is a former touring guitarist and he adjusted it for me and it plays great and stays in tune really well. I'm pretty happy with it so far. Now I Just need to learn how to play better!

#132 8 years ago

They arrived!

WP_20160203_14_56_36_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160203_14_56_36_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160203_15_28_23_Pro_(resized).jpgWP_20160203_15_28_23_Pro_(resized).jpg

#133 8 years ago

Anyone want to buy an axe or two? Would love to sell the Kramer and also sell a 1990 Charvel 275 Deluxe. Bith are on Fleebay as well as my Washburn USA PS2000 Paul Stanley.

2 months later
    #134 8 years ago

If anyone is interested, this is Lightning Boy Audio's new OP-2 Tube Compressor pedal! This thing is Amazing and needs to be heard!

https://www.facebook.com/lightningboyaudio
    http://www.lightningboyaudio.com/index.html

3 years later
    #135 4 years ago

Reviving an old thread - I decided to put the finishing touches on a couple projects I started over ten years ago... This was a design I copyrighted and almost had produced overseas. I never could find the right deal, so I'll just hang onto these and play the heck out of them.

IMG_1647 (resized).jpgIMG_1647 (resized).jpg
    #136 4 years ago
    e4c61ed27e202b4982de22da2896d14e776ff7c5 (resized).jpge4c61ed27e202b4982de22da2896d14e776ff7c5 (resized).jpg
    There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.