• Yes 4 votes
    27%
  • No 6 votes
    40%
  • Exercise? 5 votes
    33%

(15 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

california_extreme_addams_family.jpg
wat-meme.jpg
image.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Does anyone else mix exercise and pinball?

For over a year, if I do sets of push-ups and pull-ups, I play a ball or two (or a full game on an EM) and then do the next set. It actually works very well, motivates me to work out more, and I think it even improves my game a bit (I'm thinking faster blood circulation bringing more oxygen to brain and muscles for improved reaction time, or its just a coincidence)

We plan to move in a couple years, and with much more square footage I intend to expand on this by having a weight bench and such within very close proximately to our pinball machines.

I wonder if anyone else does this. And I wonder if there is a business opportunity in a Gym+Pinball Arcade.

#3 5 years ago

I don't play pinball until after I'm done with my workout. Free weights, treadmill, pinball machines is my set up. My pingulps hold more protein shakes than anything else.

#4 5 years ago

I have my weights and pinball's all together in the basement but I only do 12 ounce curls when playing pinball.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Wahnsinniger:

Does anyone else mix exercise and pinball?
For over a year, if I do sets of push-ups and pull-ups, I play a ball or two (or a full game on an EM) and then do the next set. It actually works very well, motivates me to work out more, and I think it even improves my game a bit (I'm thinking faster blood circulation bringing more oxygen to brain and muscles for improved reaction time, or its just a coincidence)
We plan to move in a couple years, and with much more square footage I intend to expand on this by having a weight bench and such within very close proximately to our pinball machines.
I wonder if anyone else does this. And I wonder if there is a business opportunity in a Gym+Pinball Arcade.

I do the same but not with pinball. I vocalize for an hour each day .As I am a semi- professional vocalist . I do my sit-ups , legs , arms ,ect,ect, ect, during my vocal practice . So all I can say is good for you and keep it going !!

#6 5 years ago

Sometimes I do yoga and pinball to achieve full focus in my playing. I have a certain sequence of stretches I do between balls to relax the mind and focus reflexes. I find it very effective.

#7 5 years ago

I play pinball while my wife works out on the treadmill.

image.jpg

#8 5 years ago

I do 12 to 40 oz. curls while I play

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

I do 12 to 40 oz. curls while I play

Hence your profile picture . I kid . I kid .

#10 5 years ago

That meme character has at least 300 pounds on me, I'm thin as a rail. I'd blame the drugs, but I've always been thin

wat-meme.jpg
#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

Sometimes I do yoga and pinball to achieve full focus in my playing. I have a certain sequence of stretches I do between balls to relax the mind and focus reflexes. I find it very effective.

Just a note: I was completely kidding here. This thread is, well, odd. And the poll? Does it make sense?

#12 5 years ago

She reminds me of a cartoon character but I can't figure out which one. Maybe a muppet monster.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

Just a note: I was completely kidding here. This thread is, well, odd. And the poll? Does it make sense?

Bah!

But seriously, its a great combination for me. I was just seeing if anyone else played pinball while exercising.

#14 5 years ago

Bunsen and Beakers mother?

Quoted from SealClubber:

She reminds me of a cartoon character but I can't figure out which one. Maybe a muppet monster.

#15 5 years ago

I actually do. My machines are in a room next to my pins. So I play a game do a set and play set play set.

#16 5 years ago

I have a feeling one of these kids is doing his own thing...lol..(remember that pinball???)................Joey

#17 5 years ago

I thought playing pinball WAS exercise...???.................Joey

#18 5 years ago

I have a couple pins next to a treadmill and stationary bike, but I never mix pinball and exercise...

#19 5 years ago

There was a custom Addams Family machine with a bike attached.

http://spyhunter007.com/Images/california_extreme_addams_family.jpg

california_extreme_addams_family.jpg

#20 5 years ago

I just move them for exercise

#21 5 years ago

I do twelve ounce curls while playing pinball.

#22 5 years ago

I recently started powerlifting, and I am really trying to think of a way to tie it in with pinball, but nothing yet. I even registered powerliftingandpinball.com just because it sounds like something I would like. lol

So far, I haven't figured out any tie in though. In the 9 weeks I have been training, I have played my pins a lot more than I have in the last 6 months, so at least that is something.

#23 5 years ago

Pinball is in the routine before going off to work second shift,but usually don't mix the two on my workout days. I find mixing my workout with drums more satisfying when I mix it up

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Addison, TX

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside