New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 275257)

Pinball and Divorce

By alienpoker

65 days ago

Topic Stats

• 167 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 61 days ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you keep all your games during a divorce?”

• Yeah. No question. They’re mine. 136 votes
      79%
    • Nah. I’d sell (or give her) half of the games. 23 votes
      13%
    • Some other answer (justify your answer in the comments) 14 votes
      8%

(173 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5455 (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_20200816-091258_Google (resized).jpg
    Resized_20200601_185517 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200809_091601718-PANO (resized).jpg
    A183B4E6-B78A-4BFC-9017-0C957E15D4AD (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200816-091258_Google (resized).jpg
    A32210BE-A129-43A4-B9CD-3F3F881D0A7A (resized).jpeg
    BBBF2B10-F104-469D-94E4-099476B91C5B (resized).jpeg
    y (resized).jpg
    download (2) (resized).jpeg

There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 62 days ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

My wife counts my beers all the time. I usually only drink on my weekends. As soon as she knows I’ve had more than two, she eyes me like a hawk. She yells at me, calls me an alcoholic and her famous line, “Do you know You’re not a social drinker, you have a problem.” I had 12 problems yesterday, if anyone else wants to count.

No problem a cold one can't fix! I think there's a country song in there someplace. Maybe, "you were a lot more fun when I was drinking."

#152 62 days ago
    Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

No problem a cold one can't fix! I think there's a country song in there someplace. Maybe, "you were a lot more fun when I was drinking."

Hmmm good point "Pinballs fun.....non social beers still taste good..... this wife is crazy!"... not sure how to add the music to this..

#153 62 days ago
    Quoted from SPeD66:

Check out "Better Bachelor" on YouTube. The guy makes a lot of sense about the dating landscape these days & why more men are opting out of marriage

I heard that Joker has a face for radio and a voice for print.

#154 62 days ago

For those of you who know Greg Adams I like his analogy of “right now” at the end of every sentence.

#155 62 days ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

My wife counts my beers all the time. I usually only drink on my weekends. As soon as she knows I’ve had more than two, she eyes me like a hawk. She yells at me, calls me an alcoholic and her famous line, “Do you know You’re not a social drinker, you have a problem.” I had 12 problems yesterday, if anyone else wants to count.

DAmn with this pandemic, I'm starting to wish my wife WOULD count my beers. Huge hangover today.

#156 62 days ago
    Quoted from SPeD66:

I'm in that club. Early 50's & never married, by choice, but not saying I never would. Funny thing is, I get a lot of attention from younger women these days. Sometimes as young as half my age, for whatever reason. (I'm not wealthy.)
    Check out "Better Bachelor" on YouTube. The guy makes a lot of sense about the dating landscape these days & why more men are opting out of marriage. It's not just the divorce rate & threat of losing half of your stuff, although that's certainly a factor.

That guy's show popped up on my youtube feed randomly the other day. Now with all due respect, He sounded to me like a fucking psycho! That came off to me insane Incel ranting. Creepy as all hell. Now I will say I've not been on the dating scene in 20 years but... yeesh. Something is wrong if that's the guy who's making sense.

#157 62 days ago
    Quoted from SPeD66:

I'm in that club. Early 50's & never married, by choice, but not saying I never would. Funny thing is, I get a lot of attention from younger women these days. Sometimes as young as half my age, for whatever reason. (I'm not wealthy.)

I have the same problem. Fat, old, broke guys, are in demand.

LTG : )

#158 62 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

It has to be the multiple jackpots that attracts them.

#159 62 days ago
    Quoted from Gorgar666:

I was so glad to get my exwife out of my life. Counting the beers I drink and watching, judging my every decision. I’ve met her new husband over the years, what a pushover.

We have a Grandson. He once asked her to buy a pinball machine. She shitted her pants, after she found out the cost of one...She hated my Play Station and cost of the games at the time....

#160 62 days ago

“Men’s rights” activists are simultaneously hilarious and crushingly sad.

#161 62 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:I have the same problem. Fat, old, broke guys, are in demand.

Lmao ,I check all the boxes and am married and still can’t get laid !Do I need to gain more weight or burn more money what’s the secret for success ?

#162 61 days ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Even if she loses there are plenty of programs that will provide sponsorship for her attorney fees. So even if you WIN you LOSE cause of the fees.

She convinced some such program that she'd been abused, so they found her a local attorney, but he asked for fees and the judge shut him down. The best part was, my brother's in-laws told him that they had the "greatest legal mind in Jacksonville" representing them. After it was over and we got a flawless victory, he told the father, "I guess you only had the SECOND greatest legal mind in Jacksonville..." Hahahaha!!

#163 61 days ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Attached is value of a prenup in 2020.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Funny, but wrong.

Quoted from EJS:

A quick google search even finds the TP may have more value.
    Even from Forbes
    1) Fraudulent due to undervalued assets (well, that can be very subjective)
    2) Signed under duress, coercion, or without mental capacity. So if one person asks the other to sign it is that coercion?
    3) Paperwork not properly filed
    4) One of the parties signed without "proper" legal representation
    5) Too lopsided or ridiculous provisions
    All of these are so subjective and judges do have the power to throw them out.

You get what you pay for. Lawyers are like doctors. Good ones are hard to find, and the bad ones can really fuck your life up.

Quoted from EJS:

Last time my father got married I asked him if he got prenup. He said no because she makes the same amount of money he does. Well, 3 years into the marriage she sold her business and has/had 0 income. Actually he put off retirement to pay off property she was underwater in.

That sucks for him. Hopefully she sold the business for a lot, since half would be his if it came to it.

#164 61 days ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

You just need a much larger glass.

#165 61 days ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

Anything is possible. Been together for 28 years though, so any major change in personality like that would have me thinking brain tumors.

The change in my 2nd wife was SO DRAMATIC I thought for sure it was a brain tumor. She got checked out at my insistence. Diagnosis came back: cancer-free; just a bitch.

#166 61 days ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That guy's show popped up on my youtube feed randomly the other day. Now with all due respect, He sounded to me like a fucking psycho! That came off to me insane Incel ranting. Creepy as all hell. Now I will say I've not been on the dating scene in 20 years but... yeesh. Something is wrong if that's the guy who's making sense.

He does come across as angry in some of his videos, but he's divorced. Maybe you landed on one of those vids.

Quoted from LTG:

Well I'm not broke or I wouldn't have so many toys. Just not rich.
    Not fat either!

#167 61 days ago
    Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Lawyers are like doctors. Good ones are hard to find, and the bad ones can really fuck your life up.

That is so true. I've known two good lawyers in my life. The kind that if you were in court, you'd hire them to be damn sure they weren't on the other side.

Sadly one passed some years ago.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 30.40
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 17.00
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 3.00
    Cabinet Parts
    BK Pinball
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 36.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 289.00
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 159.00
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 254.99
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside