Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#24 7 years ago

Good topic! My current preferred beverage combo and style while playing pinball (the actual brands vary somewhat).

shot and a beer (resized).jpgshot and a beer (resized).jpg

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

My staple pin playing whiskey is Evan Williams, bottom shelf stuff, but smooth & I swear it's hangover free.
    I built my own still a while back & hung out in the home distiller's sites for a while, they all agreed that Evan was by far the best affordable whiskey out there.

A shot of Evans Williams (the house bourbon) chased with a draft PBR - mmm mmm Aunt Bee! A popular libation while playing pins at Shorty's in Seattle. Refreshing and inexpensive!
    Can't necessarily agree with the no hangover benefit though. Then again, perhaps it was the PBR.

Added over 7 years ago: EDIT: Subsequent testing has shown it was the PBR. I now abstain from drinking it, even though I still enjoy my Pabst Can Crusher!

#42 7 years ago

Bourbon (although Jack is technically a whiskey) & coke - another fine libation!

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

My favorites are Blanton's and the Willett pot still reserve. The Willett is still the nicest looking bottle out there:

Cool bottle! The bourbon gets good reviews too.

I'm going to keep this one in mind. Thanks!

3 months later
    #77 7 years ago

Since last visiting this thread a few months ago, I've tried a few new bourbons and can recommend Blanton's Single Barrel (as others have) as a fine libation while playing pinball!

Blantons SB (resized).pngBlantons SB (resized).png

#80 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

blantons is my daily drinker.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Keep plenty of Jim Beam around for flask-filler.

Hmmm - my liquor budget won't allow consumption of Blanton's on a frequent basis, but Levi has given me an idea for a potential handy gameroom addition:

b60e9d72a29ae8289187179b4f29deff (resized).jpgb60e9d72a29ae8289187179b4f29deff (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #83 7 years ago

My favorite game to sip bourbon while playing. Also shown is the latest new bourbon I've tried - Elijah Craig. Very smooth and tasty!

EBD & Elijah Craig (resized).jpgEBD & Elijah Craig (resized).jpg

#88 7 years ago

In addition to this fine thread, I've been doing some homework on bourbons to help guide me with my purchases. For anyone interested in an informative video all about bourbon and the various Kentucky distilleries that produce it, I'd recommend the following one on YouTube:

#94 7 years ago
    Quoted from Plumonium:

You guys like Booker's at 130.8 proof? I rarely have it, it takes a very special occasion. Like heck yeah why not burn my throat... I mostly serve it to my guests, as a joke.

I had always understood that Booker's was meant to be cut with water, but that said, there supposedly is no single correct way to drink bourbon - neat, with ice and/or water, or mixed are all good. Elmer T. Lee, Buffalo Trace Distillery's master distiller since 1950, prefers to cut his to 60 proof when he drinks it at home; the same strength at which they taste production samples.

3 weeks later
    #105 7 years ago

I see you have some Jack, Jackontherocks.

What's up with that?!

#107 7 years ago
    Quoted from Barakawins1:

I like a nice neat snifter glass of Bulleit bourbon. Smooth. Anyone else try?

I used to enjoy Bulleit rye, but have stayed away from it for a while as it started to give me headaches. Kind of weird how certain bourbons (such as Makers Mark) and ryes seem to do that.

The latest lower priced bourbon that I've tried, after it won It's Bourbon Night's top pick in their blind flight competition of 50 various "under $25" bourbons, and can recommend:

EW 1783 (resized).jpgEW 1783 (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #119 6 years ago

Picked up a bottle of Willett Pot Still recently and it is VERY smooth and tasty indeed - my thanks to Nokoro for the recommendation earlier in this thread!

And one of the most distinctive bourbon bottles that you'll find that also happens to make the COOLEST pouring sound!

Willett Pot Still Reserve (resized).jpgWillett Pot Still Reserve (resized).jpg

#122 6 years ago

I recommend using the retailer search at their website.

1 month later
    #123 6 years ago

I tried a new bourbon tonight and I proclaim it ... very tasty!

Four-Roses-Small-Batch-Bourbon (resized).jpgFour-Roses-Small-Batch-Bourbon (resized).jpg

#127 6 years ago
    Quoted from spiroagnew:

Blantons is hard to come by here in Canada. Far and away my favorite bourbon. I hope at least one bottle will survive 'til Christmas...

Nice! Good luck with that.

5 months later
    #153 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Christmas gifts from my wife!

Congrats - you have a considerate wife!

Quoted from bkbirge:

Not bourbon but close enough for this thread.

You might want to post that pic here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scotch-drinkers-club

3 weeks later
    #156 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

hunting is damn near worthless in this neck of the woods. ... My daily drinker is still blantons, but even it is rare to find in todays bourbon fever.

Bourbon fever! I like that.

Bourbon fever! (resized).jpgBourbon fever! (resized).jpg

6 months later
    #201 5 years ago

Not genuine bourbon per se, but this is smooth and tasty!

20180527_192744 (resized).jpg20180527_192744 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
    #210 5 years ago

A fine choice! Like that glass too - I need to get a few for some serious bourbon appreciation.

#212 5 years ago

No doubt - I need a vessel that traps each spirit's unique essence more for fuller olfactory enjoyment!

2 weeks later
    #225 5 years ago
    Quoted from HisboyElroy:

I picked this up at an auction recently. I'm not a huge Bourbon guy but I've heard really good things about Pappy Van Winkle and apparently it's really tough to find so I thought I'd grab it...
    [quoted image]

Yeah - I think I heard somewhere that this is pretty good too.

How much did you end up grabbing it for?

#234 5 years ago
    Quoted from saucerman:

You can check out my collection here www.theApothecaryPub.com - this is my home bar and I was tired of updating my paper menu so I decided to create my own website instead.

Holy crap - that is one impressive collection and bar! Nice website too - good info. Thanks for sharing!

Love the bar's construction history and additional pics at the linked imgur post too.

2 months later
    #267 5 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

Just found this here last week. Not easy to find in this neck of the woods, but stoked that my liquor store finally brought it in. What do you bourbon guys think of it?
    [quoted image]

Great bourbon! Do a search on this thread (key word: "Blanton") and you'll see a bunch of prior posts re: Blanton's.

2 months later
    #465 5 years ago

For those that like their spirits on the less expensive side - ranked #1 in a recent blind tasting of "Bottom Shelf" (under $15 for a 750 ml bottle) bourbons:

very old barton (resized).jpgvery old barton (resized).jpg

On a semi-related note, Pabst just announced that it's coming out with a PBR Whiskey.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2019/03/great-news-cheap-drinkers-pbr-is-making-moonshine.html

PBR Whiskey (resized).jpgPBR Whiskey (resized).jpg

#474 5 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

Yeah, I definitely like my bourbon...
    This is the "small" bunker down by the machines. I did a little rearranging the other evening. ...

2 months later
    #918 4 years ago

Remember - pinball machines are electronic devices. Please drink responsibly!

Drink responsibly.gifDrink responsibly.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon?tu=Tuna_Delight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.