Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinDeLaPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

2,154 posts in this topic match your search for posts by PinDeLaPin. You are on page 1 of 9.
    #514 5 years ago
    Quoted from t2:

Been following the thread and interested in trying some bourbon. What's the best way to drink? Pour half a bottle in a tall glass and guzzle? Two three ounces over ice and sip? Picked up some Buffalo Trace and Elijah Craig both 94 proof. My normal drink is rum and coke so I'm a light wait.

I only drink it on the rocks and only use ice balls as they don't melt as quickly as ice cubes do. Mine is o e that came in an Elijah Craig gift pack but this one looks pretty similar.

Screenshot_20190314-170517_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190314-170517_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #637 5 years ago
    Quoted from vaevictis:

I'm down to my last 750 of the old label, holding on to that for a very special occasion or holiday-maybe a Tuesday. Good luck on your hunt.

Speaking of the old label I was digging through my collection and found this which i probably bought bout 8 or 9yrs ago.

20190112_133947 (resized).jpg20190112_133947 (resized).jpg
    #639 5 years ago

Also picked up barrel strength george stagg last night. Damn good stuff.

Resized_20181224_174348 (resized).jpegResized_20181224_174348 (resized).jpeg
    #642 5 years ago
    Quoted from RA77:

A really nice shine will Trump all the CHEM stuff
    TPW FTW
    You want the best ?
    Tomato paste wash !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow thats quite a setup how bout some pics of the still?

#657 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Not sure if you guys are into the Russell’s Single Barrell store picks but some of them are in the top ten bourbons I’ve had. Russell’s single barrels are notoriously all over the place, but when you get a good one, dayum. I bought this one in a bourbon group that is a store pick from R&J Liquors, wherever that is, and it’s unbelievable.
    [quoted image]

I'm a big fan of the 10yr russels reserve

#659 5 years ago

Well its a sad day, I drank my last glass out of this bottle.

20190406_151849 (resized).jpg20190406_151849 (resized).jpg
    #663 5 years ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

It's $200+tax around here where it's in stock ($149 at TotalWine but never actually on the shelf) It would have to be pretty flipping good to make anybody's best value list

No it's definitely not a value and it's about $300 bucks a bottle in the st. Louis area if you can ever even find it it's just really damn good though it's worth one of those splurge purchases whenever u spot it. Had that bottle for a while.

#670 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

BAM!!
    [quoted image]

Been looking for a bottle of that george stagg but never see around here.

#695 5 years ago

Eagle rare is getting much harder to find for me and I totally agree that you should stock up on it cause the price has gone up to $38 from $33 that it used to be.

#705 5 years ago

Man oh man I love this stuff just scored a bottle of Elijah Craig barrel proof. 67.6% and 135 proof. Time to get home asap and get it flowing and celebrate friday properly!

20190412_124806 (resized).jpg20190412_124806 (resized).jpg
    #707 5 years ago

I am a huge fan of 1792. Regular, single barrel and of course barrel strength is my favorite.

20190412_184425 (resized).jpg20190412_184425 (resized).jpg
    #708 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jaeg:

Logged off and ready for the weekend. I've never had 1792. Cheers!
    [quoted image]

You chose a good one.

#712 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

My apologies. I’m waiting for McIntosh to come out with a bourbon cabinet myself.

No idea how many bottles I have but I do know a lot of them are open

#719 5 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

This might be the single worst bourbon I've ever tried to drink. I do a bourbon swap with a co-worker on the east coast whenever we have a team meeting and I brought this for her without first trying it. When I bought the bottle for her, I bought one for myself. After returning from my trip, I gave it a try - terrible. I then called her to see if she had tried it. She danced around describing it so I finally said "it was terrible, right?" She agreed that it was awful. I contacted central standard afterward to let them know the batch/bottle number in case there were other complaints. I never heard from them.
    This is the one and only bottle I've ever poured down the drain. It was undrinkable and I would never push it on to a guest.
    So no, the lack of an ice cube isn't what made it bad - it's just bad.
    Dave

I have only had two bottles that I have ever had to pour down the drain and even though I know they're disgusting there's just something wrong mentally in my head about pouring bourbon down the drain instead of down my throat. Two bottles in question came as gifts at my 40th birthday party some years ago first was a regular bottle of Dickel it tasted like metal it was disgusting. The second bottle was some disgusting crap out of Oregon called
    Whippersnapper and it could be used in place of turpentine I think. Either way I had to pull up Taps on YouTube and play it as I was pouring those down the drain .

#726 5 years ago

I really avoid drinking anything jack daniels titled cause I think its junk. Last night a neighbor comes over and he has a new bottle he bought a while back and wanted to share. I seriously wish he hadn't! This is the nastiest shit you have ever tried hands down. I know you guys were saying how awful that "Central Standard" junk was but this shit has to be worse cause I can't imagine anything else being this bad. Bottom line if anyone offers you this turn and walk away.

20190414_141219 (resized).jpg20190414_141219 (resized).jpg
    #734 5 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

Not if they have any taste buds...

If it wasn't so expensive, I'd send you a bottle for you to do a taste test with. I want to say it was around $40 for 375ml bottle. I know it cost way more than it should have or what it was...

Wow that is very pricey especially when it tastes like total crap. Nothing worse than shelling out a bunch of money on a bottle and have it taste like a bucket of yuk.

#744 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Moving away from the total crap. (:
    Dropped by the "beverage control center" today and picked up a little pot bellied Willett.
    A nice buy for $41. I had to get 2.
    I know it's not 5 o'clock yet but it's a quarter to.
    I have this irresistible urge to rub the bottle and hope Barbara Eden comes out.....
    Maybe if I have enough...
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Really like that one but its been a long time since I have seen a bottle around here

#745 5 years ago

Dropped in total wine yesterday and grabbed a bottle of this. Didn't get a chance to crack it open last night so will report back today with a review. If anyone has tried it please give your thoughts.

20190416_181927 (resized).jpg20190416_181927 (resized).jpg
    #746 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Dropped in total wine yesterday and grabbed a bottle of this. Didn't get a chance to crack it open last night so will report back today with a review. If anyone has tried it please give your thoughts.
    [quoted image]

This stuff is just ok. Not much on the front end and then a burn going down. Better than jack daniels but not by a whole awful lot. Bottom line I wouldn't buy again.

#752 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

No but I'd love to share a little Falstaff with you if you have a few.
    Care for a Shlitz?
    [quoted image]

I collect a lot of falstaff stuff. You would think that being from St Louis that I would be able to find all kinds of things around here but it turns out that I get a lot of items from Wisconsin and Indiana.

#755 5 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

What an awesome customer. We do the amusements at a small establishment in Pittsburgh, the owner knows I collect bourbon, over the years I've treated him well in both games and hard to get liquor. Today he hooked me up with the 3 bottles in the front. He knows the way to my heart.
    [quoted image]

Hell your customer and me have never met but he clearly knows the way to my heart as well

1 week later
    #796 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

(: General Motors.

Ha I knew it as soon as I spotted it. My dad left me his mint winchester.

#814 4 years ago

Scored the only bottle on the shelf yesterday. Been a long time since i've seen it around here.

IMG_21171 (resized).jpgIMG_21171 (resized).jpg
    #815 4 years ago

Ok so been a good couple days in the world of bourbon at least for me. Never seen that one bottle of stagg you guys post and very rarely see the stagg jr. so gotta snag it when I see it but today the stars were in alignment i guess. Gonna be a damn good weekend i think.

20190426_094947 (resized).jpg20190426_094947 (resized).jpg
    #817 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Great snag. No, not likely at all to run across any George T. on a shelf. I rarely, if ever, run across the Stagg Jr. anymore.

Just out of curiosity what does a bottle of the regular George Stagg go for if you can find one?

#827 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

End of the bottle and cigar
    [quoted image]

Well that just means you get to replace each with a better version right?

#863 4 years ago

Time to take a sip from one of my not everyday sippers.

20190505_161522 (resized).jpg20190505_161522 (resized).jpg
    #864 4 years ago

Only fitting to sit outside and enjoy a sunny day for a change. Been raining its ass off nonstop around here.

20190505_162357 (resized).jpg20190505_162357 (resized).jpg
    #868 4 years ago
    Quoted from tjprice222:

We must be pretty close. Today was the first nice day in about a week. Damn yard was a foot tall!

Haha very funny today was 1st day in 2 weeks I could get my grass cut. Took me over 3hrs

#869 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I'd take one. The game would have the best call outs ever.

Sure would! When you light multiball "Hit that pig whistle" would be called out. Lol that shit would be awesome.

#871 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

LOL!! Hit the "Pig Whistle" to start "Pussy Stampede Multiball" !

I would buy that shit in a hurry. No way they would make it though i'm sure they are too busy making another rock band themed pin cause there arent enough of those out there

#873 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I love it! "Hit that Pig Whistle"!
    https://memes.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/c76037df-e578-498f-a092-a6cb4d6965bc
    Ok, I'm off topic and about to get called down... back to bourbon. (:
    A little Belle Meade with some fresh strawberry nut bread. Oh yeah...
    [quoted image]

You must have the greatest liquor stores around you. I can't find much of anything around me it gets snapped up the 2nd it hits the shelves.

#883 4 years ago

I've never had this stuff and it's only an 80 proof but was on closeout at the store for $13 a bottle so I grabbed a couple. Figured if nothing else I could pawn it off on guests who ask for a jack and coke.

20190507_163938 (resized).jpg20190507_163938 (resized).jpg
    #886 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Drank the hell out of that in high school. (:

Lol! Man you must have went to a high-class High School at my high school we were scraping the bottom of the barrel drinking Mad Dog 20-20 and some shity ass Keystone or natural light beer whatever we could get somebody to buy us for the minimal amount of money that we had available.

#888 4 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

"With a Rebel Yell, she cried "More! More! More!"..."
    For that price, you did good. Mixes surprisingly well. It's probably sacrilege to say this, but I prefer this well wheater to wsr *Gasp!*. If you go into it expecting it to be a bargain bottle, you won't be disappointed.
    The single barrel 10 year, which drops once or twice a year, is very good for the price ($50-60) these days, usually isn't too hard to get, and is a great alternative to ORVW10. (There, I said it.)

Well thats good to know. I definitely didn't have very many high expectations for it just couldn't pass it up for the price.

#889 4 years ago

Just made my day big time! My job took me up to springfield, il today so I found a liquor store of course. To my surprise I found this in their display case. Cha ching!!!

20190509_092911 (resized).jpg20190509_092911 (resized).jpg
    #895 4 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

Whenever you're in Illinois, Binny's Beverage Depot is usually worth a visit.
    https://www.binnys.com/springfield?binnysStore=37

Haha man you nailed it spot on thats where I went.

#896 4 years ago
    Quoted from bowz:

I live in Illinois, and although Binny's has a great selection, you're almost never going to anything rare there whatsoever.

This is so damn true. Brings back the good old days...

Yeah they really just had a lot of the same stuff everyone else has but just happened to have this bottle in their lock up case.

#897 4 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

I was referring to overall selection, not rarity. I don't even look at anything in a locked case due to the outrageous prices.

Generally I stay away from the lock up cases but since it was a place I've never been too I went in for a sneak peak.

#900 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

You cracking that Confiscated tonight? I’d be interested in your thoughts since my Binny’s also has a few and I really like Kentucky Owl’s whiskeys.

Too busy tonight. Planning on starting my weekend out right 2morrow with it though. Will definitely report back on how it is.

#901 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Rebel Yell was the good stuff. Early Times was the go to.
    Crazy enough it was Boone's Farm got me arrested.

Funny Boone"s Farm got u arrested and all it got me was a trip to the toulet to puke.

#903 4 years ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

This is probably the hottest of hot takes but reading Reddit reviews of Confiscated makes me wonder if lack of age statement and source information are valid concerns.

Supposedly on their Facebook page they released that this Kentucky owl confiscated is a mix of 9, 10 and 12 year old Bourbons. As soon as I get home this afternoon I plan on cracking it open and taking it for a test drive. Fingers crossed that it's not just some hype and they're actually is a very good bourbon inside the bottle.

#904 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Supposedly on their Facebook page they released that this Kentucky owl confiscated is a mix of 9, 10 and 12 year old Bourbons. As soon as I get home this afternoon I plan on cracking it open and taking it for a test drive. Fingers crossed that it's not just some hype and they're actually is a very good bourbon inside the bottle.

Ok as promised. Just had the Kentucky owl. This stuff is super smooth. Definitely developes more flavors as it goes down and finishes very well with a mild burn. So far I am very pleased with my purchase and happy to start the weekend out with this bottle.

20190510_163802 (resized).jpg20190510_163802 (resized).jpg
    #909 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I think 1920 is everybody's current favorite....mine included. Shit is out of sight.

the 1920 is really good i 100% agree and the Prohibition is really good if you havent tried it yet

#910 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

the 1920 is really good i 100% agree and the Prohibition is really good if you havent tried it yet

Woops! The 1920 is the Prohibition one. I meant to say the 1897 one is really good also. I've got too many bottles laying around cant keeep em all straight.

20190511_101125 (resized).jpg20190511_101125 (resized).jpg
    #911 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I’ve heard mixed reviews on this one so that made me want it more., Bottoms up.
    [quoted image]

Never heard of that one how is it?

#916 4 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

Old Forester Statesman is tasty stuff too...
    [quoted image]

I keep meaning to buy that one but everytime I go to pick it up I see something else that intrigues me a little bit more

#920 4 years ago

Man this stuff is pretty decent and was on sale for $10. Probably should have bought about 4 or 5 more bottles at that price.

20190514_132747 (resized).jpg20190514_132747 (resized).jpg
    #925 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Just found this one. Know anything about the Chattanooga Whisky Co.?
    Looking forward to trying this one.
    [quoted image]

Going to need a report back on that one.

#928 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

I envy you guys, our cheapest bourbon costs
    $33 AUD about 23 USD and its only 37% which in th USA can't be sold as bourbon, but can in Australia. Also our range would be 10-15% of what you have.
    However we do have a massive range for premixed bourbon and coke/ginger ale etc. This is one store there are more options at other outlets.
    https://www.danmurphys.com.au/search?searchTerm=Premix+Bourbon+

Australia was always some place I wanted to go or at least I thought I did. But finding out about sky-high pinball machines and now fake bourbon I think I'm going to have to cancel that trip all together now. Get out of that prison my friend it sounds horrible!

#936 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

This whiskey Wednesday came courtesy of @bowz. Still can’t believe you gave this to me.
    [quoted image]

Damn!! I can"t believe anyone would voluntarily give that away.

#938 4 years ago

Just curious about everyone elses drinking habits. When you sit down to have a few drinks do you stick to the same bottle for them all or do you grab separate bottles? I typically find myself having 1 or 2 of one thing then switching to another bottle for another drink. Ah hell who am I kidding then I switch to another bottle after that for another drink

#941 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

People like me, what can I say? He’s a great guy that loves his bourbon. His pins are pretty nice too

I have 45 bottles open so I bounce from one to the other. If I open something special with friends we’ll sit and drink a whole bottle but for the most part I like variety. I also like alternating rye and bourbon, low proof and barrel proof.

I don't know if I have 45 bottles I know I got quite a bit though. Everytime I start to count I get distracted by one and start drinking it and everything goes to hell after that.

#949 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

At the New York City Pinball Championships and this is the spread in my hotel room. Anything worthy?[quoted image]

I would stick to the titos and add some red bull. Tequila and me dont play nice and i've never aquired the taste for scotch.

#953 4 years ago

Don't know if any of you guys have had this stuff it's from rhode island. A friend sent me these 2 bottles and I really am not impressed. Matter of fact I think it tastes like total ass.

20190517_175617 (resized).jpg20190517_175617 (resized).jpg
    #954 4 years ago

Ok F it i'm starting it now it's post some nasty ass crap bottle night. This crap I bought on a whim and wish I could have my money back! What you guys got to rag on?

20190517_180042 (resized).jpg20190517_180042 (resized).jpg
    #964 4 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

But the bottle says "Admirably Superior"!

Whoever wrote that shit was a liar. It was nasty and pretty sure i could run my lawnmower on it.

#965 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

People like me, what can I say? He’s a great guy that loves his bourbon. His pins are pretty nice too

I have 45 bottles open so I bounce from one to the other. If I open something special with friends we’ll sit and drink a whole bottle but for the most part I like variety. I also like alternating rye and bourbon, low proof and barrel proof.

I dont have a fancy cabinet to hold all my bottles. I just keep them on the cool basement floor in the dark under my stairs. Counted them up and apparently I have more than I thought and I have 63 bottles. Of that 63 i have 20 that are unopened. I guess at this point i'm setting a goal of 100

20190517_180700 (resized).jpg20190517_180700 (resized).jpg
    #968 4 years ago
    Quoted from vaevictis:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice for damn sure! Love me some Weller Antique its so smooth for a 107 proof spirit

#970 4 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

You certainly don't have to have a 'nice bar' to hold all those bottles - but I would just get a cheap wood book shelf to at least keep you from having to pick them up off the floor or risk kicking one getting to those gems in the back. Your place though - whatever you want

We have a bar I just always heard bad things about exposing bourbon to light for long periods. I keep bottles a long time by buying all kinds of it so I only take a drink or 2 out of any 1 bottle. My strategy seems to pay off as I have quite a few bottles that are 8 to 10 yrs old. Or that could just be the excuse I have told myself ti keep aquiring more bottles!

#975 4 years ago

This is my bar downstairs its not the most elaborate but serves us well. I could fit some on the shelf above my sink but would have to build some shelves or something to hold everything off to the side.

20190519_081319 (resized).jpg20190519_081319 (resized).jpg
    #977 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Nice. One of my big regrets when I did a remodel was not putting in an ice maker.

That ice maker was worth its weight in gold. Cannot tell you how much it gets used, hard to imagine not having it.

#978 4 years ago
    Quoted from tjprice222:

I don’t believe bourbon is subject to degradation from light like red wine. That’s the reason red wines are in darkened glass bottles - to help reduce light to the actual wine. If that was the case with bourbons, I assume they would be bottled accordingly.

This is why I hide my bourbon in the dark.on the cool basement floor.

Screenshot_20190519-194830_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190519-194830_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #981 4 years ago
    Quoted from New_England:

Stopped in New Hampshire today and managed to pick these up today. Can’t find them in Vermont. Wanted the EH Taylor rye, but they didn’t have any.
    The Willett was a bit of an impulse buy (the bottle was pretty cool), can anyone tell me a little bit about it?
    [quoted image]

I'm a fan of all 3 of those.

#987 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

“Protecting the good stuff”.
    About a pins worth of whiskey there.
    [quoted image]

That Stagg bottle must have a leak in it cause I keep noticing the level dropping in it!

#989 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Picked this up recently. Is it any good?[quoted image]

I've only had the Blood Oath pact 3 and it was pretty damn good

#993 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Price at least on the 4 was about 150 around here. They went very fast.

Hlly shit all 4 were only $150? They go for $90-$100 a bottle around here.

#997 4 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

I think he is saying that Pact 4 was 150 bucks (not all 4 together)

Oh yeah that makes sense otherwise for that price I'd be down for a road trip and buy all the shit they had

#998 4 years ago

One of the stores I buy from just called and me and told me they are getting in Old Fitzgerald on friday and will set 1 aside for me. I know @Chisox got a bottle given to him but i've never had it. How is it and is it worth picking up considering the price?

#1001 4 years ago

Pretty sure I would go with the Elijah Craig Barrel proof it's good stuff

#1026 4 years ago

Weller is very tough to source around here so everytime I see a bottle I snag it. Would have preffered another bottle of Antique 107 but these days I take what I can get.

20190523_094408 (resized).jpg20190523_094408 (resized).jpg
    #1047 4 years ago

Decided to ask a dude at Total Wine what one of his favorites is and said this one. I mentioned that I don't like smokey smell or taste (I hate JW Black Label for example) and he said this one is smokey but more mild so I decided to give it a try. Didn't like it, I'm learning that I really don't like smoke anywhere near my whisky, gonna finish this one as a mixer.[quoted image]

Bought a bottle of this a month ago and wasn't real happy with it.

#1048 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

My first Sam Houston. Think I'll have another drink.
    [quoted image]

Havent seen this one anywhere yet how was it?

#1053 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Very good but it is a bit pricey.
    The release batches are pretty interesting. Don't see the big MO in there yet.
    https://samhoustonbourbonwhiskey.com/sh-release2

Yeah I'm not really sure why Mo is not on a lot of places release list. Missouri is the third largest consumer of bourbon and yet they send all their shit to us after they've sent it to every other hellhole first.

#1054 4 years ago

Tonights drink of choice

20190526_181806 (resized).jpg20190526_181806 (resized).jpg
    #1059 4 years ago
    Quoted from bowz:

Nice little score today from my hook up at my liquor store...[quoted image]

Damn nice score for sure especially that 12yr Weller.

#1060 4 years ago

Anybody ever had this one? Just picked it up middle of the road price $59. The clerk told me its difficult to come by and I have never heard of it but figured I would give it a try.

20190530_100102 (resized).jpg20190530_100102 (resized).jpg
    #1062 4 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

Anyone else seeing more Weller SR on shelves? It’s been easier and easier to find at its new price of $29.99 and by easier I mean 1 out of every 3 stores vs 1 out of every 10 like 6 months ago.

Not sure your location but around st louis its still very difficult to score a bottle of green label weller and damn near impossible to scire a bottle of antique 107.

#1064 4 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

Oh yes only the green label. 12 or antique are still impossible to find. Just curious to see it still sitting on shelves since the price has doubled in the last year. I stopped drinking it at $30/750 I know that.

I scored a green bottle last week I think it was like $31. I've just accepted that I have to pay higher prices cause as soon as it hits the shelves its gone.

#1068 4 years ago
    Quoted from bowz:

Definitely easier to find the Weller SR. Snagged a 12 a few days ago, but haven’t seen the 107 in a few months. Waiting for the Weller full proof, which is supposedly going to be widely available when it comes out in June. 115 proof.

Just curious what the Weller 12yr goes for a bottle?

#1078 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Anybody ever had this one? Just picked it up middle of the road price $59. The clerk told me its difficult to come by and I have never heard of it but figured I would give it a try.[quoted image]

Well i wasted my money on this junk

#1079 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Well i wasted my money on this junk

This stuff is junk. All this has to offer is an initial burn on the front. It has zero body with a funky taste and nothing on the back of the tongue. Had high hopes for this one but was really disappearing

20190530_100102 (resized).jpg20190530_100102 (resized).jpg
    #1103 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

The Old Ezra 7 is good but Imuch prefer the 1920. I would put the OE 7 ahead of the 1910 as I’m not a huge fan of double oaked bourbon, although I do like one glass on occasion. The1920 is a very complex whiskey with the perfect amount of heat served neat for at me 115 proof. I’m a huge fan.

Totally agree. Old Ezra is just ok for me but that OF 1920 is just damn good!

#1148 4 years ago

I just went ahead and picked up another bottle of this stuff. For only $24 a bottle around here it's one hell of a deal

20190611_155127 (resized).jpg20190611_155127 (resized).jpg
    #1156 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Thank you St Louis Blues! Cheers! Now fuck off, I hate you again.[quoted image]

We give and we give and we get nothing in return. Wheres the love?

IMG_84731 (resized).jpgIMG_84731 (resized).jpg
    #1157 4 years ago

So being pissed off like most at how difficult it has been lately to source good bourbon I was bored and just googled "bourbon shortage". This article is a year old but really sums it up quite nicely about how the i dustry is trying to keep the shelves sticked for us all. https://www.gobourbon.com/buffalo-trace-releases-statement-bourbon-shortage/

#1159 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Camping supplies for the weekend[quoted image]

Very smart of you not to bring any food and take up precious space in the cooler to keep that bourbon cool

#1161 4 years ago

Here's a prime example of the horseshit price gouging that goes on around here. The Rock Hill Farms which is amazing is $199 and the jackass wants $125 for the bottle of Blantons right nxt to it.

20190613_135627 (resized).jpg20190613_135627 (resized).jpg
    #1189 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

$79.99 for the big boy. Good price?[quoted image]

Thats a great price cause its like $96 for the big bottle around here.

#1191 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Going to pickup cookout supplies for tomorrow. BBQ Chicken, 'tater salad and cole slaw.
    Intuition to stop by the store across the street....
    The grocery run got more expensive!
    [quoted image]

Dug out 1 of my bottles that I thought you could appreciate.

20190517_181929 (resized).jpg20190517_181929 (resized).jpg
    #1197 4 years ago

Anybody ever had this Michters American? I've never seen it before now. Its a low proof bourbon at only 83 proof. Just wondering if it is worthwhile to pick up or not I like the regular michter's but was worried there wouldn't be much to this one

20190614_090140 (resized).jpg20190614_090140 (resized).jpg
    #1200 4 years ago

I've had it. It's not bad, but not great either. It's basically a light whiskey (unblended whisky aged in used bourbon barrels). I'd pass at that price. The US-1 next to it is pretty good, but its much better at it's suggested retail of $40.

Yeah I am glad I passed on it I had a feeling it was probably pretty crappy

#1205 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

How are these prices?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those prices are horrible. Stagg jr is about $75 a bottle around here. Weller green label is $40. Call the cops man that place just tried to rob you!

#1229 4 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

what's the going rate for Henry McKenna 10? found 8 bottles today at $44 that "felt" high I wasn't sure if it just went through a price increase.

It has gone up quite a bit since winning that gold medal in San Francisco but at $44 a bottle that's a good price glass bottle I seen around here was about 50 bucks a bottle and I haven't seen any in about a month

#1232 4 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

The Willett Rye is excellent!!!
    (Pictured with the beers and cigar i'm having for breakfast right now. For scale.)
    [quoted image]

That definitely looks like the Pinnacle of healthy living right there. And without a doubt that is definitely the Breakfast of Champions. LOL

#1233 4 years ago

I just saw this at one of the places I stop at and I've never seen it before but I am a big fan of the 1792 brand in general has anybody ever had this one or can recommend it? I have the regular and the single barrel and I really enjoy the barrel proof version as well so I'm sure I wouldn't be let down but here lately I bought a couple of real dogs and I hate nothing more than blowing 60 or 70 bucks on a bottle of piss.

20190621_085610 (resized).jpg20190621_085610 (resized).jpg
    #1237 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

But they have a heck of a lot of good stuff. It might be like the Italian market. You gotta' get in there are make an offer they can't refuse. (:

Cash on the glass!! I'm with u on that one. U can put whatever bullshit price you want on it but we all know these guys arent collectors they are salesman and at the end of the day they want cash. Make your best offer and let him decide how bad he wants to keep it.

#1239 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

The BIB is good. The Full Proof is better IMO. If you like the 1792 profile then I say go for it. I like the BIB more than the single barrel.

I was never to impressed with the single barrel either

#1252 4 years ago

Been a shitty couple weeks. 1 kid got sick and decided to get the other 2 sick as well. TIme for a good drink. Think Elmer and me will sit here and talk all about it.

20190624_125941 (resized).jpg20190624_125941 (resized).jpg
    #1253 4 years ago

So I took the advice of some you and decided to actually pick most of my bottles up off the floor of the basement. I wasn't using this old antique icebox before but it has now been officially repurposed! Wouldn't hold all my bottles though so I had to prioritize what went inside. So last pic is the ones that didnt make the cut at least for now may switch things up one day.

20190626_160122 (resized).jpg20190626_160122 (resized).jpg20190626_160617 (resized).jpg20190626_160617 (resized).jpg20190626_161520 (resized).jpg20190626_161520 (resized).jpg
    #1255 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Added a new one to the cabinet today. I have to say that so far I like it.
    [quoted image]

I've been eyeing that one for a while now but just haven't pulled the trigger. Real question is would you buy it again? Thats how I decide.

#1259 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I’ve got a nice big Hoosier cabinet you would love. You’re not too far away there in the big MO.

Pretty sure thats probably more along the lines of what I need for sure.

#1262 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I don't remember right off and can't find the receipt. I wouldn't have paid that much. I think it was around $60 tops.

Goes for bout 75 to 80 bucks around here

#1269 4 years ago

Picked up a bottle yesterday.

20190625_120321 (resized).jpg20190625_120321 (resized).jpg
    #1271 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I must be in the golden belt then... (:

Without a doubt you are definitely in the golden belt for sure down there. You have scored some noce bottles at very fair prices.

#1272 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Get the little velvet bag? (:

Sure did!

20190626_194522 (resized).jpg20190626_194522 (resized).jpg
    #1286 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Damn dude you’re killing it finding the Elmer.

Quoted from bowz:

Another good day hunting down bourbon in the wild, although that Weller antique jumped from $25 to $50.
    Still waiting on that Weller Full proof to drop.[quoted image]

Man thats no kidding I only have the 1 bottle of Elmer Lee cause I cant find it ever anywhere.

#1288 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaeg:

About to see what the hype is about on pinball bourbon Friday[quoted image]

Well thats a good way to find out.

#1293 4 years ago
    Quoted from tjprice222:

You can see the letter at the bottom left. These are highly collectible which adds to the bottles being highly sought after.[quoted image]

After all the bottles of this I have bought over the years I cannot believe I have never noticed the jockeys were any different. There have been times where I thought there were 2 jockeys on that damn topper which made it really hard to pour another glass sometimes though!

#1296 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I’ve got a nice big Hoosier cabinet you would love. You’re not too far away there in the big MO.

Thanks for putting that thought in my head because now all i'm thinking about is getting a bigger storage cabinet. Oh well bigger storage just means I gotta pick up more bottles..Darn.

#1297 4 years ago
    Quoted from tjprice222:

I have had zero success finding Blade and Bow here in Saint Louis. If anyone comes across some, let me know.

Your probably not gonna find it anywhere in st louis but I know it can be bought in Springfield il. if your up in those parts anytime stop at Binnys.

#1300 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Finally getting downtown Jonesborough to get a bottle of Callahan's out to Bill in the big MO. They had a great little BBQ truck next door making my day.
    Damn that was some good Brisket!! (:
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Damn looks like you had quite an enjoyable trip. Booze and bbq are the true ways to a mans heart!

#1305 4 years ago
    Quoted from tjprice222:

Jeez guys. Thanks for rubbing it in! Any Saint Louis guys know where I can pick up some of that Rock Hill Farms stuff chisox keeps mentioning??

Rock hill farms is very hard to come by, the last bottle I scored was like $90

#1308 4 years ago

This is one of the most underrated bourbons I know of especially since its only like $38. If you haven't tried it give it a chance I bet you will be surprised.

20190630_154403 (resized).jpg20190630_154403 (resized).jpg
    #1312 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

Have not tried it or even seen it but with an 8 year age statement for $23 I would have bought it as well.

No doubt! I'm sure it isn't a single but probably a blend but either way if it is labeled as an 8yr then 8yr would be the youngest of the blend. So for $23 it's a no brainer cause i've bought stuff that was 4x that amount that should have been labeled as lawnmower fuel and not bourbon cause it was nasty as hell.

#1314 4 years ago
    Quoted from PrinzFred:

I just had this one in Peru of all places. In the plastic bottle it smelled a bit like Playfield cleaner (and perhaps should be used that way sober). But the woman I was with made some mean mixed drinks with it.[quoted image]

Damn! Hope you checked the born on date before consuming that stuff.

#1318 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Anticipation....
    [quoted image]

Boy i'll say! Looks delicious

#1320 4 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Came home with these...[quoted image]

Never had the rabbit hole but you sure can't go wrong with the eagle rare

#1322 4 years ago

Went ahead and picked this one up yesterday, didn't get a chance to sample it yet.

20190628_085805 (resized).jpg20190628_085805 (resized).jpg
    #1327 4 years ago

It's a sleeper for sure. Checks the right boxes. Aged stated 7 years, 107 proof, small batched, always available. Doesn't really exhibit any of the "Beam Funk".
    When it's on sale for $39, I grab one for a change of pace. The normal $49 price point, that it has sat at for years, I always felt hurt its popularity because there were so many offerings that checked those same boxes in the $20-$25 range (OWA, WT101, etc.), but now that many of them are gone/had age statements removed/moved up in price (looking at you, OWA), that $49 price isn't such a hard pill to swallow anymore.
    I'm usually not a huge Beam profile fan, but I've been on an OGD/JB Bonded kick for a couple weeks (not on the same level as Baker's, but pretty close); they are really good straight/on the rocks; and I don't feel guilty mixing them with a splash of ginger or diet coke. I fear that before long, most of the bonded varieties will be pulled (ala Heaven Hill BIB 6 year for $13), and rereleased a short time later as "premium" offerings at much higher price points (Heaven Hill BIB "7 Year age stated") for $40). Can't blame them for doing it though, if the market will bare it...

I'm usually more inclined to pay more when a bottle has an age statement. That way I at least know what I am getting good or bad. I feel like companies that intentionally don't put an age statement on know that they're shortchanging their consumers. By hiding behind No age statement it just legitimizes that fact. Companies that do post age statements do so front and center and prominent for a reason.

#1330 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

Guys, what is your go-to Rye? I have been drinking the Bullet Rye and really like the taste. I have been a wheater but have started to get into Rye because of Old Fashions. Then from Olf Fashions to straight Rye. I can't get anything rare here in PA but what are your favs of the easy to find brands?

Rye whiskey is not my favorite however if you stick it in front of me I will choke it down. My limited experience with it is you get what you pay for and stay away from the cheap stuff because it's awful. The one that I have had that I like the best is the Willett Rye I could drink that for sure but its hard to come by around me.

#1341 4 years ago

"Small Batch" is nothing more than a marketing term to solicit more dollars from your squeaky wallet for something you perceive to be a better product. Like @Grandnational007 said up above that there is X amount of bottles being produced by X amount of barrels. There is no statement from the manufacturer about how many bottles or actually produced to make this some sort of small batch . So then it is nothing more than an unsubstantiated statement on the label of a bottle to sell more product. However we all rush out to buy these products the second they are released without thinking any more about that.

#1344 4 years ago

Ok so I got home and went right to the cabinet and grabbed the bottle of Bakers. So the reviews are all over the map on it but after 1st glass i'm very pleased with it. At this point its definitely a keeper!

#1345 4 years ago

Sorry forgot a pic of the Bakers 7yr.

20190702_155647 (resized).jpg20190702_155647 (resized).jpg
    #1356 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Just picked this up on a recommendation and it’s a pretty balanced, easy drinker. Might be a tad pricey for what it is.[quoted image]

If you have a bottle of Col. Taylor laying around put it side by side with that chestnut farms. Its the exact same bottle. The Taylor is darker indicating that it is aged longer but otherwise they are the same.

#1359 4 years ago

Well I would have preferred it to be antique 107 for the 12 year but this was all they had and Beggars can't be choosers right?

20190703_095324 (resized).jpg20190703_095324 (resized).jpg
    #1362 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Just in time for the 4th celebration. A couple bottles of McKenna. Good stuff!
    [quoted image]

Can't be too long before those bottles jump to $60 a bottle it's already $50 around here.

#1363 4 years ago

Lets all fire up the grills, pour some bourbon and crack open some cold ones. While enjoying this great day lets take 2 seconds to remember why we celebrate. Happy Independence Day!

Screenshot_2017-07-04-09-18-29 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-07-04-09-18-29 (resized).png
    #1372 4 years ago

Nice Stanley Cup glass

I was wondering if anyone would catch that.

#1375 4 years ago

Its Independence weekend and I feel like we are missing something here. Hmm maybe a photo op is due of a certain George Stagg bottle we haven't seen i a while. What ya say @Fulltilt?

#1381 4 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Stopped at a liquor store on vacation. Here were some of my choices...
    [quoted image]
    Grabbed this one..
    [quoted image]

Hope yours is better than mine. I bought this bottle bout 5 or 6 years ago when it came out and have just passed it off on people when they ask for jack.

20190707_082124 (resized).jpg20190707_082124 (resized).jpg
    #1382 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I've been "bunkering" Booker's for a few years now. I'm betting it will get shorter and shorter..
    NO, Wait.. you didn't hear me say that. Ignore those bottles on the shelf.

Yep I agree. Always have at least one bottle of it on hand as well. Price keeps creeping higher and higher towards that $100 mark as well at least around here anyways.

20190707_082439 (resized).jpg20190707_082439 (resized).jpg
    #1384 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Ok gentlemen (women)... what's that favorite glass?
    You can't always be doing it straight up. Sometimes it's nice to have a good mixed drink.
    Do you have that favorite glass that just makes it right?
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Gotta admit I enjoy a nice top shelf margarita every now and then and a long island ice tea hits the spot as well.

#1386 4 years ago

A blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then. $29 a bottle at Sams.

20190708_140503 (resized).jpg20190708_140503 (resized).jpg
    #1388 4 years ago

Couldn't resist myself at that price

20190708_151130 (resized).jpg20190708_151130 (resized).jpg
    #1390 4 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

+1 on those glasses...I have a matching vintage spinning globe light in my gameroom...[quoted image]

That lighted globe is really cool.

#1392 4 years ago

Looks like the Tennessee hills have made their way to the hills of Missouri today. A super big thanks is definitely in order to a great fellow pinsider. Not sure he wants to be identified but you know who you are and this is absolutely one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. I truly cannot thank you enough for this true act of kindness. I am already on the prowl for something special to return the favor. Thank you ??????????? and now for the tasting..

20190710_145100 (resized).jpg20190710_145100 (resized).jpg20190710_160405 (resized).jpg20190710_160405 (resized).jpg
    #1396 4 years ago

Not a bourbon glass its my beer drinking glass. Called a 'Big Ass" glass

20190711_174420 (resized).jpg20190711_174420 (resized).jpg20190711_174438 (resized).jpg20190711_174438 (resized).jpg20190711_174430 (resized).jpg20190711_174430 (resized).jpg
    #1398 4 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Today's stop[quoted image]

Those are some good prices on the Old Forester

#1401 4 years ago

Grabbed this one today i've never had it but have seen a few of you post that you like it.

20190712_094836 (resized).jpg20190712_094836 (resized).jpg
    #1403 4 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Ispending $80+ on a bottle of bourbon is something that I've not done yet.

Hard pill to swallow at first but you get used to it

#1404 4 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

I was tempted to try the Old Forester Statesman...

That Statesman is the only one besides the "Birthday" batch from old forester that I don't have. If it was that price around me I would have already snagged it as it goes for $65 around here.

#1406 4 years ago

Springfield Illinois

#1409 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I’ve looked for a set of these glasses for a LONG time. Now I come across a set NIB along with the shot glasses!! Holy Tiki!!
    That’s a reason to celebrate!
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Now theres that infamous Stagg bottle we've all been looking for. Thought it might have gone MIA.
    Great glasses also.

#1417 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

This week sucked. Cheers! This is a barrel pick that a local FB group bought. If you’re into bourbon. your local FB groups are a godsend. Lots of info/trading/selling going on.[quoted image]

Pretty sure i'm the last guy on the planet who isn't on facebook, twitter or any kind of social media. So I guess i'm just ass out for the online bourbon trading.

#1419 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Haha you are not alone! Met my fiance 6 years ago on a dating site. When we setup our first date all of her friends were extremely worried because they couldn't find a single trace of me online. They told her something was odd because I didn't have FB, lol. Nothing was odd and all is well! Hell I never had myspace either. I have been on IRC for over 20 years though and still use it to this day.

Yeah I'm really old-fashioned I actually call my friends and it really freaks them out sometimes when the phone rings. They don't usually know what to do cuz they don't talk on the damn thing all they do is send texts or have their faces buried in Facebook. I have actually found on Craigslist guys that are selling Bourbon and I have bought a bottle or two so I guess there's that Avenue besides the social media networks to acquire some hard to find booze.

#1420 4 years ago

Been a good couple days in the bourbon hunt. Been a long time since I had seen any of this single barrel so I snagged it.

20190712_094859 (resized).jpg20190712_094859 (resized).jpg
    #1421 4 years ago

Don't know if you guys saw this but thought it would be a cool bottle to have.

https://thewhiskeywash.com/whiskey-styles/bourbon/latest-colonel-e-h-taylor-jr-bourbon-is-announced/amp/

#1423 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Picked up a few tonight. Has anybody had the Kentucky Owl bourbon? I thought the rye was good.[quoted image]

Yes sir I picked up the kentucky owl a month or 2 ago. It reminds me a lot of 18yr elijah craig.

#1426 4 years ago

What? It did. I swear! 18yr Elijah Craig was one of my all time favorites also.

20190713_193221 (resized).jpg20190713_193221 (resized).jpg
    #1429 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Grabbed a couple of new bottles yesterday. The WB Saffell might be the best new bourbon I’ve had in a long while. It’s got Wild Turkey heritage and a variation of their mash bill, which is right up my alley. It’s like a proofed up, more refined Rare Breed. F-ing outstanding and I’m going to grab the rest of it tomorrow. The Wilderness Trail was kind of letdown. It has just been released up here this week for the first time and I had read good things about it but It kinda fell flat for me and I usually like wheaters. Maybe it was because I had the Saffell first. I’ll give it another go next weekend. Or whiskey Wednesday.[quoted image]

Looks like you killed that bottle of saffell so it must have been good. I havent seen that one down around these parts but will definitely keep my eye out for it. Who makes it and what price does it get?

#1432 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Ah I meant to note the cost. So these are sold as 375ml half bottles. I believe the cost was $45 which is quite high. If it was $50 for a full bottle, I would horde the shit out of it. It’s distilled byWild Turkey and barrelled and bottled elsewhere. Fuck it, I’m pouring 1 more. Weekend’s not over yet right?

No need for hour or day designations to have a drink.

#1435 4 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

Any thoughts on Makers Mark Private select? Local store has thier bottles in, cost is $70.

Personally i'm not a fan of any Makers products. That said I am a fan of drinking what you like. If you try it and like or others like it by all means do so. I've bought some different things others rave about only to find them to be horrible.

#1436 4 years ago

Ahhh... Just got home time for a drink. Oh my whats this St Louis Blues victory cans? Whoa is me, did you guys know the Blues won the Stanley Cup?

20190716_144958 (resized).jpg20190716_144958 (resized).jpg
    #1438 4 years ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

Woe is you is right if you are drinking that beer. Not enough Stagg jr left in that bottle to wash down 16 Bud Lights

I agree I hate that shit but thats the only way it comes.

#1440 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

The cask strength Makers is some pretty good stuff. IMO (:
    [quoted image]

That is the best of the bunch it's just still not for me. However i'm sure there are many that I like that others may not like either.

#1446 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaeg:

Got lucky and added a couple bottles to my cabinet.[quoted image]

Damn now thats a great score for sure!

#1456 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaeg:

I've not found the antique yet but Special Reserve is hard to beat with me. I hope to find some again soon.

Antique is so difficult to find around here i've been on the prowl for it for a while to have 1 extra bottle. Special reserve is very good as well imo.

#1458 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Here is what I was presented with today when I stopped in one of the local liquor stores....where do you begin????[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So I guess you found a new favorite spot to frequent then huh?

#1467 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

That McKenna price is stupid.

Yeah and I was just bitching bout spending $48 on it the other day. $100 is just insulting.

#1472 4 years ago

Bought this one a couple weeks ago and just now getting a chance to try it out. Working on my shuffle bowler and getting pissed off so figured it was time for a drink.

20190718_132540 (resized).jpg20190718_132540 (resized).jpg
    #1481 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Got lucky and stumbled on these at a liquor store by the train station today. Donating the W12 and Elmer to a buddies charity auction and drinking the shit out of the Knob Creek Rye LE.[quoted image]

Son of a bitch you are living in the land of Weller12 up there. Apparently it just flows from the water taps and is plentiful. I haven't even seen that bottle at any of the places I stop in at.

#1485 4 years ago

Must be because the Blues won the cup and heavy drinkers now, ahahahha, nice Pepsi can Congrats

Oh heck yes all we're looking for here in St Louis is just yet one more reason to drink.

#1486 4 years ago

Been looking for another bottle of this for a while and finally stumpled across one today. Now if only I could find some of those weller 12 yr bottles.

20190719_111232 (resized).jpg20190719_111232 (resized).jpg
    #1489 4 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

This was the selection at the local Costco today. The buffalo trace and eagle rare were limited to one per customer. I bought one of each. Went by the area one more time before leaving and the eagle rare was gone. That didn’t take long.[quoted image][quoted image]

Real good price on that elijah craig and that blood oath is $15 cheaper than I can get it.

#1493 4 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

Had to make a run to the local liquor store for beer. I haven’t tried either of these and frankly I’ve never seen them on the shelf at the places I go. Picked up these two. The statesman was $53 and the colonel Taylor was $39. That seemed like fair prices.[quoted image]

Wow those are 2 really good prices. Taylor small batch goes for $48 and statesman goes for $65. Report back on how that statesman is i've been wanting to try that one.

#1497 4 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

Sorry to hear that. I think I got lucky today going when I did. I'm guessing they didn't get a lot of the eagle rare. When I grabbed mine there were 4 on the shelf. They had a few more of the buffalo trace but it was still pretty limited. I'm wondering if your local costco also got an 'allotment' but it was gone before you got there.

Eagle rare must have been sent out in a huge quantity the last month or so. I picked up 3 bottles at Sams club a couple weeks ago at $29 a bottle and thought I got a steal. You scoring them for $24 a bottle is a freaking fantastic score.

#1500 4 years ago

Bought this one last night at my Total Wine store recommendation from employee. I will let you know cost $49.99 we shall see.[quoted image]

$50 for a 12 year singlr bartel sounds too good to be true but let us know how it is.

#1505 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I can only find the 10yr around here but it’s good too.

I can't find any of it around here.

#1510 4 years ago

It's 5 oclock somewhere right!

20190724_150247 (resized).jpg20190724_150247 (resized).jpg
    #1520 4 years ago

Well this is pinball and bourbon right?

20190726_165750 (resized).jpg20190726_165750 (resized).jpg
    #1522 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeO:

I flew home from Reagan National last Sunday and thought, how convenient. Then the girl asked if I was on an international flight. Oh well.[quoted image]

Good price on the blantons, stuff a few bottles in your carry on!

#1527 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Cheers! Happy Friday all. I need some KC and pinball after going to the Sox game tonight.[quoted image]

Lol!! Always good to have comforting items at home.

#1531 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Yup $10.25. At least I got to spend time with my daughter. She bought the tickets for me for Father’s Day.

Very cool! Mine are so young they just like to bitch and moan and are too young to buy anything.

#1533 4 years ago

Holy crap apparently this is supposed to be some kind of deal? Saw this today at one of the local shops around town here and had to laugh. Thks but no thx I will definitely pass at those prices.

20190729_133922 (resized).jpg20190729_133922 (resized).jpg20190729_133929 (resized).jpg20190729_133929 (resized).jpg
    #1535 4 years ago

Lolololol that stuff is hot garbage.
    “But the bottle’s cool!”

I don't think it's bad but I can pick it up at another place for $42.50

#1536 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Can't decide to open it now or after the surgery next week.

Hey Don what day is the surgery this week?

#1538 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Thursday. About to reach the Rally Point!
    [quoted image]

Damn that bottle is dropping

#1541 4 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

Okay, this is only mildly related to bourbon.
    So I am travelling to KY for some distillery tours, and was looking for places to eat. A place called "Hammerheads" sounded interesting in Louisville (literally it is in a guy's basement).
    Anyway, went to show my wife a picture of it, and here is what is shown on Google Street View.
    Is this a Kentucky thing? I am currently re-evaluating my plans.
    [quoted image]

Pretty sure thats just the chef out looking for "Todays Special". Nothing to be concerned with i'm sure.

#1544 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Hopefully by then I can stand on more than 1 foot at a time.
    Although last night, I did manage to make some Bourbon BBQ MANwiches.
    [quoted image]

Wow look at that six pack big fella!

#1545 4 years ago

Best wishes tomorrow on your surgery Don. Post an update on how things went when you are feeling up to it!

#1548 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Todd, I’m so afraid to jinx myself but I have no hip joint pain. Praise the Lord.

Holy cow thats amazing the strides they have made in that process over the years. Looks like you have already figured out the problem with that pic so someone get that man a glass of bourbon!!

#1551 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Sip and Flip! I like that.

I like that idea so much that I am now on my way home to try it for myself

#1553 4 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Not sure I ever shared this particular bottle here.
    [quoted image] [quoted image]
    At first glance of the bottle, it looks like something you'd find in a diorama from a far future museum that re-creates an average American's basement rumpus room from the mid 1970's. Having never seen an intact bottle of Jack Daniels or Jim Beam, these future historians can only guess what a whiskey bottle looked like, based on blurry polaroids and a faded Universal Studio movie prop.
    The black label with its multiple, mis-matched old timey typefaces, the stock photo of someone who might be Buffalo Bill and the odd, vaguely flag-ish crest surrounding the "3" in the age designation might fool the casual observer from a distance, but up close the spell is broken by the measurement in centilitres versus millilitres, the broken english on the side label and the final tell that this isn't your Ole Grand Dad - the french language description on the back.
    Originally I thought this was just some Cuban knock-off whiskey they called "Bourbon", even though there's strict laws about what you can call that, because FUCK AMERICA, but on closer inspection it is actually the genuine article. The french label on the back shows the original importer as Slaur International, a French company that private labels a number of different distilled spirits, but extensive googling couldn't turn up any useful information on this fine bottle, other than it's something that exists and can be potentially purchased outside of Cuba. The original distillery also eludes me, given that the traditional source of private label bourbon is actually located in Indiana, and this one clearly states "produce of US" and "Imported from Kentucky". Perhaps it's Heaven Hill, or Wild Turkey.
    Either way, this bottle has made quite a journey from the rolling hills of Kentucky, to Le Havre, France, then to a little shop in Varadero, Cuba in order to avoid the US embargo. Now it sits in my collection in Toronto, Canada. All told this 700ml bottle has travelled approximately 16,362.03km (10,166.89mi) from its humble home to mine.
    Retail price was 15.30 CUC, the local tourist-only currency. That's roughly $20.67CAD. For comparison, I don't believe there's a single bottle of bourbon cheaper than $40 at the LCBO, so it was quite the value based on price.
    So, that's the backstory. Perhaps you'd like to know how it rates?
    ABV: 40% Colour: Amber
    Nose: Strong alcohol smell, much stronger than you'd expect from the ABV. More medicinal than fragrant. Hints of wood, but mostly cough syrup.
    Taste: Harsh on the tongue - I suspect the ABV is more of a understatement than a reality. Spicy in a bad way, all heat and no flavour like a hot sauce from a capsaicin competition. I had instant regrets.
    Finish: If only it worked like it smelled, and prevented coughing. The aftertaste was metallic, like sucking a penny. My left eye was involuntarily closed for a full 30 seconds. Excessive blinking required for a further minute after.
    Conclusion: If this is three years old, I'll eat my hat. I would guess it's barely two years old and they accidentally let some methanol slip into the mix to add some flavour to what is clearly the cheapest rot gut since Prohibition. I can only imagine how bad the original barrels were if the end result of the blending tastes like this. Truly the worst bourbon I've ever had, and I've had Wild Turkey Honey. Even throwing it in some Coke didn't save it.
    But, it's a hell of a conversation piece!

Wow.... not sure i've ever come across a post so full of unenticing adjectives but glad to know so I don't ever end up buying that piss water.

#1554 4 years ago

On a different note this is damn good stuff. Sippin on some smooth Callahans Tennessee whiskey. By the way it is aged 3 years truthfully!

20190802_151141 (resized).jpg20190802_151141 (resized).jpg20190802_151925 (resized).jpg20190802_151925 (resized).jpg
    #1557 4 years ago

So let me just preface this with no disrespect to anyone or there liking in bourbons or whiskeys from different parts of the country. However, I just find myself to be a purist and be drawn to kentucky made bourbon and whiskey. The only other one I consider to be a true maker is tennessee just by the very deep history they have with distillation. As someone who strictly likes these two states production I can almost always tell when I try something made somewhere else, it's almost like the maker tries to always do something a bit off to differentiate themselves that I just don't ever find paletable. Again I don't want to step on any toes just looking to see what the group as a whole thought about it just curious as to what others thoughts are here on that subject.

#1561 4 years ago

I'd also pr
    I wholeheartedly concur that I overwhelmingly prefer KY, and to a certain extent, TN products, over any other locale's. Maybe I've been programmed to think this way, but I can always tell at a blind tasting event when something isn't from there. Maybe I'm just used to the flavor profiles of the big, legacy distillers?

Quoted from BrewNinja:

I totally get what you are saying. I sort of feel the same way. However, there is a reason for that. Most of the bourbon's we consider "good" are much older ages. Most of the distilleries coming online dont have products old enough to be able to put out those

I totally agree with both of these statements and I'm not slamming anybody else for a trying to make a good product but you can absolutely tell the difference hands down without a doubt where the product comes from. I'm not saying I wouldn't drink something else because I know a lot of Bourbons are actually produced in Indiana and are pretty decent products I'm just saying I really try to stick to the Kentucky or the Tennessee Products as a general rule of thumb. Definitely do not want to come off as a bourbon snob because I am definitely far from that I just really wanted to get everyone else's perspective on how they felt on the matter.

#1563 4 years ago

I used to be that way for wine, always had French wine because it was The Thing To Do (tm). Until one day I was like why am I ignoring all this other cool stuff on the shelf? So I started to explore and now I like Italian and California wine better than French wine.
    Fast forward to drinking whiskey neat and I did a similar thing, always tried stuff from Kentucky eventually once again asked myself why ignore all this other cool stuff on the shelf? Fifty some brands later the first pic shows my favorites as the emptiness of the bottles show, four from California and one from Kentucky of which four are bourbon and one is a single malt. I do always prefer to support local but I won't buy something I don't like, and I definitely came across some local whiskey that I did not like but it just turned out that my favorites were indeed state local.
    I threw in a second pic showing my other favorites after my top five, all four are bourbon, three are from Kentucky and one is from Wyoming. I find a lot of variance between whiskey that come from the same region so for example I've found a fair amount of Kentucky whiskey that I like, and a fair amount that just don't do it for me, but I'm willing to try unknown stuff from anywhere.
    I guess point being that I never would have discovered my favorites if I didn't explore beyond the "accepted norm", the process of which included buying some that I didn't like but that's ok, because I found some gems during the process. To each their own of course but I don't see the point in limiting myself on booze to certain longitudes and latitudes. Of course a lot will depend on your local stock and we're admittedly pretty lucky here in Los Angeles with a stupid amount of whiskey selection that I can spend a lifetime exploring.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nothing at all wrong with that and it's actually the healthy response I was looking for. I would have to say also that living as close to Kentucky and Tennessee it's just kind of born into you what that flavor profile is that you expect your bourbon to taste like. I can definitely see also how ones geographic location could impact your perception or expectation of the flavor profile. Well enough of this analytical bullshit time to go make another drink, everyone just enjoy whatever it is that you enjoy! Cheers

#1567 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Post op day 6 from a new total hip.
    Makes you appreciate those things that are wonderful and timeless. The Stagg will soon be another memory. And blessings to Peter Frampton who suffers the same evil illness as my wife.
    [quoted image]

Don i'm very happy to hear you are recovering well and clearly drinking well too. You know my story of horrible diseases and it saddens me to hear your wife is plagued with one as well. You have many friends here if you ever need any of us just yell. Keep resting and recuperating and get yourself well and strong as it sounds like your wife will need you healthy. Cheers buddy!

#1570 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Enjoying some Tennessee pride.
    [quoted image]

Very nice. I love the regular prichards but haven't pulled the trigger on that one. Yet!

#1577 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

So I was given this as a gift last weekend.[quoted image]

Can you introduce me to this person cause I need friends like that

#1585 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

It's an '18 (correct me if not), seems going for $425+

Plus I believe it only comes out once a year in october if I am remembering correctly.

#1587 4 years ago

Definitely not a high dollar treasure but for $22 its a no brainer. Gotta have those solid go-to's that you can get you to the weekend when tbe good shit comes out!

20190812_125826 (resized).jpg20190812_125826 (resized).jpg
    #1589 4 years ago

I don't have any big daddy Stagg but I do have some of his son and it's damn good stuff.

20190812_144303 (resized).jpg20190812_144303 (resized).jpg
    #1591 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Anybody have an opinion on this?[quoted image]

Hell yeah I do but you know what they say,, opinions are like assholes and everybody has one!
    Seriously though I really enjoy that one and it is a staple in my collection.

#1598 4 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

not a bourbon but, i picked up a bottle of the woodford reserve wheat whiskey today. anyone give it a try yet?[quoted image]

I haven't seen that one yet but will have to keep my eye out for it. Did you crack it open yet, how was it?

#1602 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Added Linux dual boot to my MacBook Pro. Toast!
    (I got too much time on my hands...)
    [quoted image]

Damn Don you really are suffering from boredom! At least your palette isn't suffering along side you since old Sam is keeping you company.

#1615 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Overpriced? You bet your ass. You only live once. And because I love Wild Turkey.[quoted image]

Haven't seen that one yet. Are you saving it for a rainy day or did you crack her open and take her for a test drive?

#1624 4 years ago

Quoted from Fulltilt:I couldn’t look at it on the shelf any longer.
    Happy bourbon day to me.
    Another one for the cellar. (:
    [quoted image]

What time should I swing by to help you out with that bottle? It' s just not fair to the group that your not good with the tasting notes. Do with that i'm gonna bite the bullet and help you drink it so you can post an accurate review..

#1625 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Been milking this guy for over a year. Solid. 131 proof piece of caramel.
    [quoted image]

Can't believe you were able to keep that bottle for a year. I love that one and usually kill a bottle a month. I have a shop that still sells it for $58 a bottle so I always grab 2 at a time. Never paid any attention but theres a big difference in proofs the one on the left is 135 and one on right is 127.

20190818_171003 (resized).jpg20190818_171003 (resized).jpg
    #1626 4 years ago

All of these bottles are long gone but this is the 12-year Elijah Craig that they pulled off the market about three years ago. I stocked up when I heard they were ceasing production and I'm just down to three bottles of it now it's amazingly good stuff.

20190818_171057 (resized).jpg20190818_171057 (resized).jpg
    #1630 4 years ago

“Big Red Elijah Craig”, aka, 12 year front age stated EC with the big red font was my absolute favorite regularly available bourbon for a long time. It was the epitome of Heaven Hill’s flavor profile; buttery, rich, caramel, brown sugar, and baking spices.
    People joke about drinking alcoholic beverages for breakfast, but I would cut it 50/50 with homemade maple syrup, and serve it on pancakes during camping/hunting/fishing trips. I’d paint ribs with the same mixture as a finishing glaze. God damn was it good.
    I’ve got maybe a case and a half left in the bunker, and it makes me sad, as it truly was the best “all-around” bourbon, especially considering it’s $20-24 price.
    If you told me even 5 years ago that 12 year age stated bourbon would be a rarity under $100, I would have laughed in your face. I can’t even really think of one now that I mention it...other than the barrel proof version of EC that has somehow still managed to keep its age statement. (W12 being scarcer than hen’s teeth in these parts, and when seen in retail establishments, priced at secondary or higher...)

Yep after they took the 12yr statement off the front which was stupid they still carried it over on the back of the bottle.

20190819_071046 (resized).jpg20190819_071046 (resized).jpg
    #1631 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Show your Jim Beam stash.
    [quoted image]

Well thats one hell of a collection of bookers. These are the only 4 different products I have from Jim Beam. Could have swore I had 2 bittles of Bookers but can't find it. Must have tied one on and drank it all I guess, better get me a replacement bottle. The Jim Beam single barrel is really good stuff that I really enjoy.

20190819_072348 (resized).jpg20190819_072348 (resized).jpg
    #1633 4 years ago

I scooped many (and drank all of them) rear age stated, and bunkered the remaining front age stated I had/found in the wild...
    It's the morning as I type this, and just thinking about that delicious juice makes me want to pour a glass. It really was the "bourboniest of bourbons; the quintessential bourbon flavor".
    Of all the label changes/brands disappearing, the loss of this one was the saddest. If I could only have one bourbon from here on out, it would be the old EC12.

I tend to have to agree with this statement. It was a fabulous 12yr bourbon and for $26 a bottle it was a no brainer. Sure as hell wish I had bought much more of it.

#1643 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Picked this up on Pinside recommendation... that could be a HUGE mistake..... LOL!
    [quoted image]

Looking forward to getting your opinion on this one. I really enjoy it and it has really become a go to on fridays.

#1644 4 years ago

Well to hell with it all it is time for a drink.

20190820_132938 (resized).jpg20190820_132938 (resized).jpg
    #1652 4 years ago

Just popped into one of my stops and walked out a happy camper.

20190821_090839 (resized).jpg20190821_090839 (resized).jpg
    #1655 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

McKenna is another good buy. Seems it was around $38 last time I found it.

I haven't seen Mckenna in a while and wanted a 2nd bottle so I paid the guy $48 for it. The barrel proof elijah craig goes for $58 at this guys shop.

#1656 4 years ago

Hey Don haven't heard any updates in a while how is the recovery from the surgery coming along?

#1659 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

A couple of fun finds today. Didn't mean to buy anything but I couldn't help it!
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

You have a lot of jim beam products down there that i've never even seen around here

#1662 4 years ago

This is the proper way to treat yourself after clocking out for the day.

20190822_131437 (resized).jpg20190822_131437 (resized).jpg
    #1664 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

How are you liking this? I have a bottle but have not cracked it open yet.

I absolutely love it I think it's really really good it really reminds me a lot of Elijah Craig 18-year obviously not as good but the taste profile to me is very similar to that.

#1666 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Costco has this for like $70. Any good?[quoted image]

I see it quite a bit but have never pulled the trigger and bought a bottle. I am really not a big fan of rye though but also am not afraid to try new things. I tried that Willet rye last weekend and found it to be really damn goodbut not sure how difficult it is to come by.

#1667 4 years ago

I am 107% sure that I really enjoy this bottle.

20190823_140310 (resized).jpg20190823_140310 (resized).jpg
    #1678 4 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

Wait. Aren’t you only 53.5% sure?

Dang i'm not sneaking anything past you guys. Schucks!

#1679 4 years ago

Picked me up a new one today i've never seen b4 so I guess the 1792 collection is now complete.

20190824_153251 (resized).jpg20190824_153251 (resized).jpg20190824_153218 (resized).jpg20190824_153218 (resized).jpg
    #1682 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Dropped my oldest off at school in Ohio today and stopped at a liquor store in Indiana on the way home on a hunch. 4 Roses single barrel cask strength store pick.[quoted image]

Yeah man thats good stuff and it is getting really hard to come by also. Nice score!

#1685 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaeg:

I've been playing poker with a group of guys for years. I just found out one guy is a manager of a large alcohol retailer. I've already texted him my wish list!

Just hold tight I am getting my list together now to send over as well.

#1693 4 years ago

Oh boy 4 inches of rain just fell in about 20 minutes and flooded everything around here and now school is cancelled. Gonna be a day drinking event around here y'all dealing with kids all day. Guess I better go dig i to my stash and pick a lucky bottle for the day.

#1696 4 years ago
    Quoted from tjprice222:

I feel ya! I’m home with the kids today, too. Might be the day I crack open that Blade and Bow. Thanks again, btw!

Oh yeah definitely looking forward to seeing your take on that bottle I really enjoy it. By the way I found it for about 10 bucks cheaper at another place.

#1698 4 years ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

I have a 1792 on my shelf labeled 'High Rye' probably rates an 'OK'; have also seen one out there called 'Sweet Wheat' and it was forgettable

Never heard of either of those. I enjoy the ones I have especially the barrel proof one. Still haven't cracked open the bottled in bond bottle yet though.

#1699 4 years ago

A coworker just got back from dodge city kansas and brought this back for me. Apparently I need to send out a group email to my whole workgroup and let them know that I really enjoy bourbon and to think about me on their next vacation or trips out of town.
    20190828_120217 (resized).jpg20190828_120217 (resized).jpg20190828_120230 (resized).jpg20190828_120230 (resized).jpg

#1701 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Is that mash bill 49% wheat? That’s almost a wheat whiskey instead of bourbon. Let me know how it tastes, I’m very intrigued.

Yes I am too but was too damn busy tonight to open it up. Not sure how you guys aproach this but I mever open a new bottle when I am rushed. I like to be undisturbed and have the ability to take my time and really take in whatever it is im trying

#1703 4 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

At 51%, it's got just enough corn to be called a bourbon. I know aging isn't everything but most bourbons don't tout "being aged more than 1 year". I guess technically, 10 years would be more than one year, but I'm guessing this is going to be closer to 1 year rather than 10.
    It does look like you got some of the first batch so it looks like you're an early adopter. Let us know how it goes.

Yeah I don't have super high expectations for this just thought it was pretty cool.

#1706 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I see that slit seal... maybe a little "nip" just to make sure it was bourbon? .. LOL!

Dammit Don I'm not getting anything past anybody here! No seriously I did crack the seal it does smell pretty good but no little sips yet and you can tell it is young,. Hoping to get one when I get home today. I have good cause to have a drink today it's my 10 year wedding anniversary I should probably drink the whole damn bottle

#1713 4 years ago
    Quoted from New_England:

I spoke with Vermont's liquor department, and it looks like we didn't get an allocation of Rock Hill Farms, and all the Elmer T Lee is already gone. Does anyone have a bottle they would be willing to sell me?

What in the hell is the Vermont liquor department?

#1718 4 years ago

Ok so I just poured a glass. I gotta admit it is better that I thought it was going to be. It's definitely not some high end but being aged only one year I knew what I was getting when I poured the glass. That being said I will definitely drink this bottle it's actually pretty good for what it is.

20190830_151039 (resized).jpg20190830_151039 (resized).jpg
    #1719 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

The guy at the liquor store is like a pusher. No, no Elmer for me... “I do have a bottle of EH Taylor... oh yeah, pssst, one more bottle of Blanton’s.”[quoted image]

Im a big fan of the Col Taylor and the single barrel is really really good. If anyone comes across the barrel proof I would be happy to buy it just hit me up with a pm. I have never even seen a bottle of it in these parts.

#1753 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Pick up some Voyage 14 if you get a chance. It's got that great finish that makes for a 'real' bourbon experience.
    No, it's not a GTS but it's nice, smooth and good.
    [quoted image]

This bottle is unbelievably good and I have saved it due to the very large irregularities between bottles from the same voyage. The finish on this is absolutely salted caramel and its just impossible to describe how wonderful it is. My father in law bought a bottle from the same voyage and you would never know it. His tasted awful, it tasted metallic and left a awful taste in your mouth. I have never bought another bottle of Jeffersons since that.

20190902_164215 (resized).jpg20190902_164215 (resized).jpg20190902_164222 (resized).jpg20190902_164222 (resized).jpg
    #1755 4 years ago

Getting a little snug [quoted image]

Aww man welcome to the club it's clear you have caught the bourbon bug.

#1757 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

Got into some Elmer after seeing it. Still good.[quoted image]

Elmer is some really good stuff and I need a refill but haven't seen a bottle for sale for a while.

#1760 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaeg:

My poker buddy came through. I'm good until New Years (I already had had two)[quoted image][quoted image]

Well you can now focus on some weller full proof since you are all stocked up on blantons

#1763 4 years ago

Feeling good after todays score. I couldn't walk away and leave it on the shelf for only $55.

20190904_092553 (resized).jpg20190904_092553 (resized).jpg
    #1766 4 years ago

Just picked this one up has anyone tried it yet?

20190906_090053 (resized).jpg20190906_090053 (resized).jpg20190906_090100 (resized).jpg20190906_090100 (resized).jpg
    #1767 4 years ago

Apparently the Sun Shines on a dog's ass every now and then after all. I stopped in at Total Wine on way home and they just happened to get Eagle Rare ,Weller special 1.75 bottles and Blanton's and I could not believe that the Weller was only $29.99. I would have bought all the Weller that they had but they limit you to two bottles and you can't buy two of the same product.

20190906_121139 (resized).jpg20190906_121139 (resized).jpg
    #1768 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Good old Tennessee sour mash.
    [quoted image]

Hey Don i've been meaning to ask how was this Davidsons? I've had a couple stores I stop at check to see if they could get it and they have never heard of it.

#1771 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Bourbon paraphernalia.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Ok now im salivating..

#1773 4 years ago
    Quoted from tjprice222:

Dayum!! Which Total Wine did you find these at? Anybody have any luck finding Old Forester Birthday release? It was supposed to be out last weekend.

Hey Tj it was up at brentwood promenade. My father-in-law knows somebody who works there or something and they always tip him off when they're putting stuff out he couldn't go today so he told me and it was just so happened to be right when I was leaving work so I swung by and scored.

#1775 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Maybe they’ll find it under Pennington’s.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Hmmm... I will pass that info onto those shop owners. You know I love me some Tennessee whiskey so I gotta find that one.

#1777 4 years ago
    Quoted from tjprice222:

Dayum!! Which Total Wine did you find these at? Anybody have any luck finding Old Forester Birthday release? It was supposed to be out last weekend.

I'm on a list at one shop he said he was allocated 1 box of the old Forester "Birthday Bourbon" . Will let you know if I end up getting it.

#1781 4 years ago
    Quoted from flashsmith:

Finding anything from Buffalo Trace in my area is dumb luck. I have a pretty good collection but BT regular and one bottle of Eagle is all I have . Had to order the Eagle and the BT regular I had to literally wait for the truck at the store. We never see Blanton's or Weller in my area. Would love to get some Blantons at a reasonable price. I have all but given up on ever finding it..

Wow what is your area? I want to make sure I never move to this place!

#1782 4 years ago

This stuff is pretty much my new favorite and not real sure how to describe it... How about it has an initial taste of cinnamon and leather followed up by candied yams on Christmas morning at grandma claras. Smoothly it crosses the middle tongue detecting a starry hint of mongolian unicorn piss ending with a volcanic blastoff on its way down your throat...
    Ok I never get the bullshit about floral currants and whatever other crap these people say they taste in the glass.
    So here is the true working mans review coming straight at you. It tastes really fucking good and is smooth as a babies ass till it ignites in flames down your throat leaving you begging for another sip. The End.

20190907_140737 (resized).jpg20190907_140737 (resized).jpg
    #1785 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

Anyone have an opinion on Jefferson ocean?

Read my post at 1753

#1790 4 years ago
    Quoted from flashsmith:

Central Florida.. So I have ABC two stores one within a mile and the other within 5 and the closest Total wine is 50 miles away. Their website is always out of stock. Been trying to track OF whiskey row series can't find any local even at mom and pops. I just hit "gold" status at ABC and now I will be able to shop the vault for hard to get and special releases. To be honest I'm a little pissed because they shouldn't hold back the good stuff for gold status members to get first.

ABC? Man im confused

#1791 4 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

what's the price point on this? I was sold when in your review you said "ignites in flames"

Thats the bad point. $125 a bottle

#1793 4 years ago

I dont want to piss on anyones cornflakes with Jeffersons or any other brand for that matter I just wanted to post my experience. By no means am I saying Do or Don't buy something unless I explicitly say buy this stuff cause its fantastic. See above post 1782

#1794 4 years ago

So just curious then how many of you have seriously oppressive liquor control laws in the states you reside in? I guess I need to start tabulating a list of places I don't want to relocate to. What is the point of these liquor control agency's?

#1803 4 years ago

Feeling pretty good about my supply of Blantons. it's time to source a couple bottles of Elmer Lee now.

Resized_20190907_203236 (resized).jpegResized_20190907_203236 (resized).jpeg
    #1804 4 years ago

Well it was time to bust open one of my boxes and sample the goods. Ahhhh!!!!

20190909_160552 (resized).jpg20190909_160552 (resized).jpg
    2,154 posts in this topic match your search for posts by PinDeLaPin. You are on page 1 of 9.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinDeLaPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon?tu=PinDeLaPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.