Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 235.
    #4851 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

All I could come up with was Pappy. (:[quoted image]

Amazing photo, with the Big Bang Bar and Dragon's Lair. Well done. Once this Covid thing has passed, I'll be over.

#4852 4 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

I bought a new house today so I have a place to put my pins! How stupid is that LOL

So much smarter than making a place in my house to squeeze in a few more.

#4853 4 years ago
    Quoted from UltraPeepi:

Amazing photo, with the Big Bang Bar and Dragon's Lair. Well done. Once this Covid thing has passed, I'll be over.

You make that 2700 mile trip and I'll make it a game night you won't forget.

#4854 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

You make that 2700 mile trip and I'll make it a game night you won't forget.

Let me be the second person to invite myself over to Fulltiltfest 2020. I’ll bring a couple nice bottles and a tent.

#4855 4 years ago

So what’s your take on the granny’s batch? It’s one of the hottest bookers I’ve had

I'm really enjoying the first glass. Vanilla, burnt sugar, and wood. This stuff is viscous, it's like it's sticking to the glass. It does have a noticeable burn, but I can't remember a batch of Booker's that I've had that didn't. I kind of assume it going in because I feel the same about most of the higher proof stuff that comes from Beam.

Quoted from Chisox:

Another nice haul! And we’re just gonna ignore the Melvins album behind the bottles? Houdini fucking rules!

I've been pretty tame all week, so it's on tonight, pulling out the big guns first. I'll get through Houdini and Stoner Witch before the lady of the house makes an appearance and it has to get toned down a bit. I'm thinking "Holy Mountain" from Sleep, or maybe some old Black Sabbath records. Who knows, it may get real weird later and I'll throw on some Ween in your honor, thinking "Chocolate and Cheese."

#4856 4 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

I'm really enjoying the first glass. Vanilla, burnt sugar, and wood. This stuff is viscous, it's like it's sticking to the glass. It does have a noticeable burn, but I can't remember a batch of Booker's that I've had that didn't. I kind of assume it going in because I feel the same about most of the higher proof stuff that comes from Beam.

I've been pretty tame all week, so it's on tonight, pulling out the big guns first. I'll get through Houdini and Stoner Witch before the lady of the house makes an appearance and it has to get toned down a bit. I'm thinking "Holy Mountain" from Sleep, or maybe some old Black Sabbath records. Who knows, it may get real weird later and I'll throw on some Ween in your honor, thinking "Chocolate and Cheese."

Yeah it’s about to get weird over here. RIP batch 1 KO, you were a great pour.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #4857 4 years ago

How strong is the peanut profile on the Granny batch? I always rate the different Booker’s on the peanut profile as that’s always the strongest flavor I get. The Country Ham was straight peanut brittle for me and it was amazing.

#4858 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

How strong is the peanut profile on the Granny batch? I always rate the different Booker’s on the peanut profile as that’s always the strongest flavor I get. The Country Ham was straight peanut brittle for me and it was amazing.

It's definitely got that roasted nut flavor for sure, another tell tale sign of a high proof Beam product. Without having them side by side, I'd still give the edge to Country Ham.

I switched over to Four Roses single after the first glass of the Booker's, talk about two different ends of the spectrum. Lots of fruit and honey with this one, and much more mild all across the board. The music took a turn as well, this Colemine Records Soul Slabs compilation is slamming in here right now.

IMG-0199 (resized).jpgIMG-0199 (resized).jpg
    #4859 4 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

It's definitely got that roasted nut flavor for sure, another tell tale sign of a high proof Beam product. Without having them side by side, I'd still give the edge to Country Ham.
    I switched over to Four Roses single after the first glass of the Booker's, talk about two different ends of the spectrum. Lots of fruit and honey with this one, and much more mild all across the board. The music took a turn as well, this Colemine Records Soul Slabs compilation is slamming in here right now.[quoted image]

Nice. I never did (yet) end up pulling the trigger on the Soul Slabs. I did piece most of it together on various streaming apps and it’s fantastic.

#4860 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Nice. I never did (yet) end up pulling the trigger on the Soul Slabs. I did piece most of it together on various streaming apps and it’s fantastic.

I've got both of the Soul Slabs comps, highly recommended. I've got a bunch of the Colemine 45's that they have put out too, I'm definitely a fan of Soul music.

IMG-0200 (resized).jpgIMG-0200 (resized).jpg
    #4861 4 years ago

congrats on the new house Green-machine!

How many will you be able to fit?

Also, lots of nice bourbon scores for the crew lately! loving that.

I found what I think is an almost ideal new bourbon cabinet.
    Appears to be a wine locker from an upscale restaurant.
    Unfortunately about 8 inches too wide, so putting in the spot it would go in the kitchen would mean I lose 1 kitchen pinball machine from the line up...

Not sure that is the right trade off.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #4862 4 years ago

I bought a new house today so I have a place to put my pins! How stupid is that LOL

You guys are moving again?

#4863 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Granny’s to me is very peanut forward. To be honest I’ve never pick up on the peanut profiles until the bottle of Granny’s batch.

#4864 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

congrats on the new house Green-machine!
    How many will you be able to fit?
    Also, lots of nice bourbon scores for the crew lately! loving that.
    I found what I think is an almost ideal new bourbon cabinet.
    Appears to be a wine locker from an upscale restaurant.
    Unfortunately about 8 inches too wide, so putting in the spot it would go in the kitchen would mean I lose 1 kitchen pinball machine from the line up...
    Not sure that is the right trade off.[quoted image]

Now that is a liquor cabinet! Thanks, not quite sure yet, definitely not as many as you have . I’m guessIng 10 pins

#4865 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

You guys are moving again?

Yes sir! We thought the place we are in would be our last purchase but things have gotten cramped during this stupid virus

#4866 4 years ago

Looks like hand sanitizer

Yup, distilled less than 5 miles from our warehouse. And we are not even in that business- usually

#4867 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I found what I think is an almost ideal new bourbon cabinet.....

The day I put a pinball machine in the kitchen will be the day I get a divorce. (:

#4868 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

The day I put a pinball machine in the kitchen will be the day I get a divorce. (:

Haha, kitchen Paragon and kitchen Flash Gordon are some of my faves...would be sad to have one less in the kitchen, but the trade off of easier access to the bourbon might be worth it....

#4869 4 years ago

Yes sir! We thought the place we are in would be our last purchase but things have gotten cramped during this stupid virus

Man there are only 2 things worse than moving. Drywall work and painting.

#4870 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Just thinking about mudding and taping drywall pisses me off. Fortunately my wife doesn't mind painting so when that happens the only thing it bothers is the bank account.

#4871 4 years ago

Is the uncut smoke wagon worth the $70 tag? Traditionally buy only Kentucky Bourbon so I am a little skeptic. There is a local place that has it.

#4872 4 years ago
    Quoted from mjsbowl:

Is the uncut smoke wagon worth the $70 tag? Traditionally buy only Kentucky Bourbon so I am a little skeptic. There is a local place that has it.

I also for the most part am a Kentucky/Tennessee purist when it comes to my bourbon and whiskeys. I'm telling you this stuff is absolutely wonderful. Matter of fact I had all kinds of sweet dreams about that shit last night

#4873 4 years ago

No dice on the Mic Drop. Guy said he sold the rest of it about 2 weeks ago. I did pick up the Willet and a nice Makers store pick.

Sadly, could not go into the store. They had a table by the door and you tell them what you want and they bring it to you. Was limited by what I could see and get them to look up. Anybody else have this setup?

4FA0AC27-63A6-4F8F-9DE2-FE31B6A90913 (resized).jpeg4FA0AC27-63A6-4F8F-9DE2-FE31B6A90913 (resized).jpeg
    #4874 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

No dice on the Mic Drop. Guy said he sold the rest of it about 2 weeks ago. I did pick up the Willet and a nice Makers store pick.
    Sadly, could not go into the store. They had a table by the door and you tell them what you want and they bring it to you. Was limited by what I could see and get them to look up. Anybody else have this setup?[quoted image]

Damn! I'm really wanting to try that Mic Drop if anyone can score a bottle of it send me a PM and we can work something out.

#4875 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Damn! I'm really wanting to try that Mic Drop if anyone can score a bottle of it send me a PM and we can work something out.

PM sent

#4876 4 years ago

I just tried the sample that Chisox sent me and this shit is fantastic also I am really digging it. It's a real full bodied earthy drink of goodness. Great stuff thanks again @chisox!

20200418_140946 (resized).jpg20200418_140946 (resized).jpg
    #4877 4 years ago

Agreed!! Some damn good stuff.

#4878 4 years ago

Shit yeah what a great drinking day. Started with the Bakers 13 which is freaking awesome. Now have headed out west on the Smoke Wagon! Chisox you are turning me into an alchy

20200418_153346 (resized).jpg20200418_153346 (resized).jpg
    #4879 4 years ago

is the bowler done?

#4880 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

is the bowler done?

Hey Hilton I didn’t realize Jay was going up today to grab that Pac Man. I would have sent some samples up with him, he’s a good friend.

#4881 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

is the bowler done?

Dude I have been working my ass off on it. It is so filthy dirty and so gunked up it is taking a lot of time but I will get it done. The ball bowler is my Grail machine and I gotta make sure I don't cut any corners with it.

#4882 4 years ago

Today's haul. Go ahead Matt, lay it on.

IMG_20200418_174023 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_174023 (resized).jpg
    #4883 4 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

Today's haul. Go ahead Matt, lay it on.[quoted image]

Holy cow Scott you must be planning on making a shitload of margaritas

#4884 4 years ago

Yes. The wife likes them, so we enjoy them together. Nothing better in the summer. And we were down to our last 2 bottles of tequila.

And 100% agave tequila for less than $10, why not load up? I may go back for more.

#4885 4 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

Today's haul. Go ahead Matt, lay it on.[quoted image]

I approve of this most vigorously! We are rapidly getting to margarita weather.

#4886 4 years ago

Is the bakers 7 worth picking up?

I loved the 13 from chisox

#4887 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I’m not crazy about it. It always seemed really young to me. Actually- I don’t think I’ve had it since they changed it from a 6 yr. So I’m just gonna shut up lol. I’d like to know how the 7 is too.

#4888 4 years ago

Assuming my mailing supplies arrive this week, then these will ship by Friday.

449A2AE9-4207-4DC9-A2CD-3B3619D3A9BE (resized).jpeg449A2AE9-4207-4DC9-A2CD-3B3619D3A9BE (resized).jpeg
    #4889 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I’m a painter, I’m used to it! Lol

#4890 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Assuming my mailing supplies arrive this week, then these will ship by Friday.[quoted image]

Whooohooo!!!

#4891 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

It's better than the old Bakers but I don't think I would buy it again. Now that 13yr Bakers is freaking fantastic it fits my taste profile to a T!

#4892 4 years ago

Oh man i'm gonna feel like shit tomorrow but tonight i'm feeling like a rock star!

20200418_205309 (resized).jpg20200418_205309 (resized).jpg
    #4893 4 years ago

So, I can't really say that I'm as IN to bourbon as many of the folks on this thread - but wondering what the consensus is on this stuff? Did a blind taste test against one of my baselines, Elijah Craig, and I honestly think I like the Craig better?

IMG_20200418_200801 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_200801 (resized).jpg
    #4894 4 years ago

Also, for us analytical folks out there - this is an incredible graph.

Snip (resized).PNGSnip (resized).PNG
    #4895 4 years ago

We been having a bit more fun here since self isolation started up

I like rowans. Nothing special but solid.

#4896 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZAuxier:

So, I can't really say that I'm as IN to bourbon as many of the folks on this thread - but wondering what the consensus is on this stuff? Did a blind taste test against one of my baselines, Elijah Craig, and I honestly think I like the Craig better?[quoted image]

I've actually never tried that one

#4897 4 years ago

How far you moving from your current place?

#4898 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

How far you moving from your current place?

Don’t laugh! One mile...... ha

#4899 4 years ago

Cheapest stuff in the cabinet tonight, boys.

IMG_20200418_215532_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_215532_01 (resized).jpg
    #4900 4 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Cheapest stuff in the cabinet tonight, boys.[quoted image]

I've got a bottle sitting downstairs I keep meaning to crack open and try

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon/page/98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.