Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 235.
    #4551 3 years ago

Today's haul...

IMG_20200408_200434 (resized).jpgIMG_20200408_200434 (resized).jpg
    #4552 3 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Today's haul...[quoted image]

I've never tried that Old Elk bottle anybody have any experience with it?

#4553 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Pretty sure I can get Old Fitz. Not sure of the price point though. What’s the ceiling for you guys? I’ll be able to hit up a few of my spots on Friday to check so let me know. Also, I see there are different kinds, so not sure if you guys are only seeking out one particular kind.

looking for the 15. Happy to pay retail, plus shipping, plus some for your effort and time.

Also happy to return the favor if there is anything you want that I have access to.

#4554 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I've never tried that Old Elk bottle anybody have any experience with it?

a friend of mine says it is one of his favorites so I grabbed 2 bottles (1 for him) at 41.99 ea.

#4555 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Pretty sure I can get Old Fitz. Not sure of the price point though. What’s the ceiling for you guys? I’ll be able to hit up a few of my spots on Friday to check so let me know. Also, I see there are different kinds, so not sure if you guys are only seeking out one particular kind.

There's been incrementally increased ages with each year's release; 12year, 13 year, and 15 year. I gave up on searching for the relaunched brand of Old Fitz after trying the 12 when it first came out, as I didn't see the value in the price point ($150+ in my ao).

Heaven Hill has been on a kick recently of discontinuing long established mid-to-bottom shelf/value labels (EC12, Old Fitz BIB, Heaven Hill 6 year BIB, etc.) and re-releasing them with either a bright new label, an additional year of age, or as a completely different brand altogether, at a premium price point (HH 7 year, Old Fitz Premiums, Larceny (basically the old old fitz bib), etc.)

I can't really blame them for cashing in on the bourbon craziness right now, it just pisses off a longtime bourbon drinker who is also a cheapskate like myself

#4556 3 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

Heaven Hill has been on a kick recently of discontinuing long established mid-to-bottom shelf/value labels (EC12, Old Fitz BIB, Heaven Hill 6 year BIB, etc.) and re-releasing them with either a bright new label, an additional year of age, or as a completely different brand altogether, at a premium price point (HH 7 year, Old Fitz Premiums, Larceny (basically the old old fitz bib), etc.)

This is precisely why I am stocking up on Evan Williams Bottled-in-Bond.
    New label = New price

EW Bib (resized).jpgEW Bib (resized).jpg
    https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=20014001000088

#4557 3 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

This is precisely why I am stocking up on Evan Williams Bottled-in-Bond.
    New label = New price
    [quoted image]
    https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicFormDisplay&ttbid=20014001000088

I've never even seen that bottle

#4558 3 years ago

There's been incrementally increased ages with each year's release; 12year, 13 year, and 15 year. I gave up on searching for the relaunched brand of Old Fitz after trying the 12 when it first came out, as I didn't see the value in the price point ($150+ in my ao).
    I can't really blame them for cashing in on the bourbon craziness right now, it just pisses off a longtime bourbon drinker who is also a cheapskate like myself

The bad thing about that is is you get pissed at the price point today and you want to be a cheapskate and not pay it and then all of a sudden next year comes around and the prices that you were pissed off about last year are even more this year. There comes a point where you have to bite the bullet and buy the shit otherwise you get left behind and nothing becomes ascertainable at that point.

#4559 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I've never even seen that bottle

Not yet.

#4560 3 years ago

Hey Guys. Been a while since I have been on. Glad the thread is rolling like always. All liquor stores in the state of PA have been closed for the past two weeks and will remain closed for the foreseeable future. The joys of this government-run liquor just keep getting better. Funny how all of the people that made fun of me hoarding bourbon now call and ask what I have. Still, bottles are going fast. If this keeps up I will have nothing but good bottles that I was saving left to drink. Oh well, it could be worse. PLEASE DM me if you know of any online stores where I can get some Maker's delivered. Most places online won't ship into PA.

#4561 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

The bad thing about that is is you get pissed at the price point today and you want to be a cheapskate and not pay it and then all of a sudden next year comes around and the prices that you were pissed off about last year are even more this year. There comes a point where you have to bite the bullet and buy the shit otherwise you get left behind and nothing becomes ascertainable at that point.

True that...but mark my words, the pendulum will swing the other way in a few years, if not sooner, especially considering the number of bona fide craft distilleries coming on line (in the same vein as the craft brewery boom in the last 5 or so years), there will not only be serious competition amongst whiskey/bourbon producers, but amongst all spirit producers as a whole. Also, as trends continue, bourbon, like every other "trendy" spirit, will go back to normalcy. Remember just a few short years ago when every liquor store had a "vodka aisle/section"? Yeah, now that's bourbon...becoming rye...and who knows what next?

All I know is, it WILL become untrendy again. And with a glut of bourbon sitting in distiller rickhouses/distributor's warehouses/liquor store shelves, the price WILL drop (relative to current inflationary values), and many smaller brands/labels will go out of business/be absorbed by larger competitors...(see bourbon and whiskey as a whole in the 80's/90's/early 2000's) If scotch is any indication (significantly lower prices, added aging/age statements returning/age statements appearing on bottles that never had them (Johnny Walker…), "rare" bottles sitting on shelves, etc.), bourbon is absolutely heading that way.

That said, I have roughly a 10 year supply and variety of quality bourbon (at the rate that I currently drink it, which is actually declining as I begrudgingly venture out into other spirits/beers that I deprived myself of for years, lol), so I'm not particularly worried about the situation. One might say, I have achieved bourbon Zen, haha.

Also sorry for the mini-novel; this quarantining has me with no other outlet to voice my codgerly opinions on things that are indifferent to most people.

#4562 3 years ago

True that...but mark my words, the pendulum will swing the other way in a few years, if not sooner, especially considering the number of bona fide craft distilleries coming on line (in the same vein as the craft brewery boom in the last 5 or so years), there will not only be serious competition amongst whiskey/bourbon producers, but amongst all spirit producers as a whole. Also, as trends continue, bourbon, like every other "trendy" spirit, will go back to normalcy. Remember just a few short years ago when every liquor store had a "vodka aisle/section"? Yeah, now that's bourbon...becoming rye...and who knows what next?
    All I know is, it WILL become untrendy again. And with a glut of bourbon sitting in distiller rickhouses/distributor's warehouses/liquor store shelves, the price WILL drop (relative to current inflationary values), and many smaller brands/labels will go out of business/be absorbed by larger competitors...(see bourbon and whiskey as a whole in the 80's/90's/early 2000's) If scotch is any indication (significantly lower prices, added aging/age statements returning/age statements appearing on bottles that never had them (Johnny Walker…), "rare" bottles sitting on shelves, etc.), bourbon is absolutely heading that way.
    That said, I have roughly a 10 year supply and variety of quality bourbon (at the rate that I currently drink it, which is actually declining as I begrudgingly venture out into other spirits/beers that I deprived myself of for years, lol), so I'm not particularly worried about the situation. One might say, I have achieved bourbon Zen, haha.
    Also sorry for the mini-novel; this quarantining has me with no other outlet to voice my codgerly opinions on things that indifferent to most people.

I hope you are right and the price does come down then I can buy more bottles

#4563 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

Hey Guys. Been a while since I have been on. Glad the thread is rolling like always. All liquor stores in the state of PA have been closed for the past two weeks and will remain closed for the foreseeable future. The joys of this government-run liquor just keep getting better. Funny how all of the people that made fun of me hoarding bourbon now call and ask what I have. Still, bottles are going fast. If this keeps up I will have nothing but good bottles that I was saving left to drink. Oh well, it could be worse. PLEASE DM me if you know of any online stores where I can get some Maker's delivered. Most places online won't ship into PA.

I hate to say it, but I would take the hour ride to Maryland and stock up. Figure it will cost about $20 per 750 of Makers in shipping costs, so do the math and figure out the point/qty it would be worth it for you when time/fuel is factored in. And you don't have to worry about the complexities and risks of shipping liquor, especially for a readily available label.

Good luck to all you keystone staters out there.

#4564 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

I would be making a road trip to the closest surrounding state that didn't have government-controlled liquor stores and I would stock up then I would come back and tell all them people who are asking you for bottles that I got it and then double the price and recoup your money

#4565 3 years ago

Well Delaware and Maryland both have bans on out of state people. They have checkpoints setup checking cars.

66D8C1AD-5B24-4866-8232-466E8E9E994F (resized).jpeg66D8C1AD-5B24-4866-8232-466E8E9E994F (resized).jpeg
    #4566 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

always something just as good at a lower price - very easy to get in that "collector's mentality" and before you know it you have shelves of expensive liquid you don't want to drink and when you do you end up pissing out anyways

#4567 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Well Delaware and Maryland both have bans on out of state people. They have checkpoints setup checking cars.[quoted image]

reminds me of Nazi germany.

"Papers please!"

I'm guessing this is for a covid check, but are they actually stopping, AND searching every out-of-state vehicle? Sounds like an arduous and dangerous task for law enforcement...or is this a legit alcohol check?

I'm surprised bricks haven't been tossed through liquor store windows yet in PA; I'd argue the ban is criminally negligent, as real-deal alcoholics can DIE from withdrawls. I believe benzos and alcohol are the only drugs addicts can actually die from if they have bad withdrawls; heroin and coke just suck (or so I've been told) to withdraw from, but it won't actually kill you.

Deranged opinion, I know...

#4568 3 years ago

Enough enough i can't take any more of this liquor control nonsense. You guys have driven me to drink

20200408_155340 (resized).jpg20200408_155340 (resized).jpg
    #4569 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Enough enough i can't take any more of this liquor control nonsense. You guys have driven me to drink[quoted image]

Have one for me!!

#4570 3 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

Have one for me!!

Are you staying dry tonight?

#4571 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Are you staying dry tonight?

Was just sipping on this....I meant the Stagg Jr

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #4572 3 years ago

Was just sipping on this....I meant the Stagg Jr[quoted image]

Look at you big fella went and picked it up after all. What are your thoughts?

#4573 3 years ago

I really like the design of the new Baker’s bottle. It is sharp looking!

#4574 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I really like the design of the new Baker’s bottle. It is sharp looking!

Yeah I like it too... better than the bookers look-a-like bottle

#4575 3 years ago

Quoted from PinDeLaPin:Look at you big fella went and picked it up after all. What are your thoughts?

Stopped in my neighborhood hole looking around and went ahead and grabbed one today. I think it’s pretty good. Has some heat to it. Well rounded flavors. I think it might be a little over priced but overall good whiskey
    I would get it again

It reminds me of Weller Antique

#4576 3 years ago

Hey PinDeLaPin you ever find a Smoke Wagon?

#4577 3 years ago

Figured people might find this funny here

628200E3-4BF8-4976-834A-757243C59B8F.gif628200E3-4BF8-4976-834A-757243C59B8F.gif
    #4578 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Figured people might find this funny here[quoted image]

Lol
    That’s what you get for being a dummy!

#4579 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Hey pindelapin you ever find a Smoke Wagon?

I only found the single barrel I mever found the uncut and unfiltered bottle.

#4580 3 years ago

This is the bottle I found @chisox

20200403_162438 (resized).jpg20200403_162438 (resized).jpg
    #4581 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Figured people might find this funny here[quoted image]

Epic fail

#4582 3 years ago

Lol
    That’s what you get for being a dummy!

I was on a reward trip for work last year and saw a variety of idiots sabering bottles. They all looked like douches. Saw at least 2 bottles explode as well.

#4583 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I was on a reward trip for work last year and saw a variety of idiots sabering bottles. They all looked like douches. Saw at least 2 bottles explode as well.

Haha. Yeah that’s the thing, even if you do it correctly you still look like a douchebag.

#4584 3 years ago

It’s go time! Happy synthetic Friday dudes. I go in waves on OWA. I used to LOVE this stuff, burned out on it, now I’m back to loving it again. Sadly it’s gotten almost impossible to find now and have had to resort to secondary to get my fix. Cheers.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #4585 3 years ago

Wow wow wow.. Store owner sent me a text to swing over he got something new. 18yr Barrel bourbon store pick and this stuff is phenomenal.

15865295053136935407244009307125 (resized).jpg15865295053136935407244009307125 (resized).jpg
    #4586 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Wow wow wow.. Store owner sent me a text to swing over he got something new. 18yr Barrel bourbon store pick and this stuff is phenomenal.[quoted image]

Now that's how you start the day!

#4587 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Wow wow wow.. Store owner sent me a text to swing over he got something new. 18yr Barrel bourbon store pick and this stuff is phenomenal.[quoted image]

This guy!

#4588 3 years ago

It pays volumes to befriend the store owners and stop in once a week even if you don't buy anything just to say hello and shoot the shit I have these guys that send me texts when they get stuff. I generally am not a big fan of the Barrel Bourbon brands in general but he gave me a little sample and didn't tell me what it was and I tried it and I was blown away and then he pulled the bottle up from underneath the shelf and I knew I had to buy it.

#4589 3 years ago

nice!

#4590 3 years ago

Yeah when I get home I'm going to do a little comparison of this 18 year versus the EC 18 year. I will post that later on with my opinion.

#4591 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Yeah when I get home I'm going to do a little comparison of this 18 year versus the EC 18 year. I will post that later on with my opinion.

Nice.... that would be fun with me there

#4592 3 years ago

Nice.... that would be fun with me there

Hop in your car big boy its only bout 8hrs to my place we will drink it all

#4593 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Hop in your car big boy its only bout 8hrs to my place we will drink it all

I was just looking on Ohio’s liquor site .... can’t get in Ohio

#4594 3 years ago

I was just looking on Ohio’s liquor site .... can’t get in Ohio

The bottle I’ve seen so I was thinking maybe..... but I must have been KY when I saw it. Doubt it was the 18 year though

#4595 3 years ago

Some A5 and a dry ice Old Fashioned anyone?

5C722931-6F50-422E-B6EA-FBF0B0D27F71 (resized).jpeg5C722931-6F50-422E-B6EA-FBF0B0D27F71 (resized).jpeg
    #4596 3 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Some A5 and a dry ice Old Fashioned anyone?[quoted image]

OMG that steak. Boing!

#4597 3 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Some A5 and a dry ice Old Fashioned anyone?[quoted image]

Man!

#4598 3 years ago

Ok boys here it is time to side by side these 2.

20200410_191303 (resized).jpg20200410_191303 (resized).jpg
    #4599 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Ok boys here it is time to side by side these 2.[quoted image]

Ohhh Do tell!

#4600 3 years ago

Friday night Pappy and The Who.
    Especially Keith!

“Quarantine Me!”
    D20B4DB2-BD87-405C-94DE-1747029B981E (resized).jpegD20B4DB2-BD87-405C-94DE-1747029B981E (resized).jpeg
    D9CB013D-CD99-4F5A-B4FC-FF0C4B2F1730 (resized).jpegD9CB013D-CD99-4F5A-B4FC-FF0C4B2F1730 (resized).jpeg

E60E8D7D-9858-4F51-B296-BFF4E99D27FD (resized).jpegE60E8D7D-9858-4F51-B296-BFF4E99D27FD (resized).jpeg
    There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon/page/92?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.