Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 235.
    #4101 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

It’s only a 90 proofer, down the hatch it goes. If not I would just grab a cork from another bottle that’s almost gone or shitty enough where you don’t care if it gets aerated.

Bottle got toasted tonight! Can’t complain, it was delicious

#4102 4 years ago

Wow u guys must really be spooked and are hoarding your bourbon just like your toilet paper.

IMG_51721 (resized).jpgIMG_51721 (resized).jpg
    #4103 4 years ago

Whiskey Wednesday and pinball>virus talk

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #4104 4 years ago

I vote no to virus talk

#4105 4 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

I vote no to virus talk

I agree, let’s keep this virus free in here. The threads have gotten ridiculous.

#4106 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Whiskey Wednesday and pinball>virus talk[quoted image]

I just opened my bottle last night! Definitely need to find more!

#4107 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I agree, let’s keep this virus free in here. The threads have gotten ridiculous.

I come to this forum to escape work (stock market) and reality (all other bullshit) and it seems all anyone wants to talk about on Pinside is Coronavirus and the melting economy/stock market haha. I get it that it’s an extraordinary situation but enough already. I’m here to talk pinball....and whiskey...and vinyl. Shit the market’s tanking overnight again....walks over to bourbon shelf.

#4108 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

... I’m here to talk pinball....and whiskey...and vinyl. Shit the market’s tanking overnight again....walks over to bourbon shelf.

I bought a new pinball, a great new Bar and going to drink lots of whiskey and play much vinyl when it gets here.

#4109 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I bought a new pinball, a great new Bar and going to drink lots of whiskey and play much vinyl when it gets here.

Sounds like you went on a shopping spree, when do we get to see some pics?

#4110 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Sounds like you went on a shopping spree, when do we get to see some pics?

I guess never!! He did say, “when it gets here”
    We are all eager to see.

#4111 4 years ago

This thread is for pinball and bourbon!

I will allow other spirits talk in limited quantities

Speaking of... about time for a pour with an early dinner.

#4112 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

This thread is for pinball and bourbon!
    I will allow other spirits talk in limited quantities
    Speaking of... about time for a pour with an early dinner.

I'm not really a fan of bourbon before a meal, its almost always after for me. I do quite enjoy a maritni around food time though.

#4113 4 years ago

I’m a hillbilly from Xenia Ohio....I always start with beer

#4114 4 years ago

I’m a hillbilly from Xenia Ohio....I always start with beer

You know what the old saying is... Beer before liquor never sicker...

#4115 4 years ago

So this finally has made it to Missouri. Now is it worth the $65 that the store is asking for it?

Resized_20200318_140525 (resized).jpegResized_20200318_140525 (resized).jpeg
    #4116 4 years ago

Yes it is

#4117 4 years ago

Never tried it

#4118 4 years ago

Firing up some pins and my first attempt of at home bourbon renewal.
    Pretty tasty.

20200319_191000 (resized).jpg20200319_191000 (resized).jpg
    #4119 4 years ago

Bought this kinda for charity this week and think i’ll crack it tonight. 1998 Wild Turkey 101 handle.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #4120 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Bought this kinda for charity this week and think i’ll crack it tonight. 1998 Wild Turkey 101 handle.[quoted image]

Ah vintage juice!

#4121 4 years ago

Wow that’s good. Crazy how the 80s-90s dusties are so much better than the current stuff.

#4122 4 years ago

I’ve heard that...why do you think that is?

#4123 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

I’ve heard that...why do you think that is?

The 80s and 90s weren’t exactly a booming time for brown liquor, vodka and beer were king and queen. So smaller batches made with more craft and the biggest difference, aged longer, as the stuff wasn’t exactly flying off the shelves. So all that 101 that I did as shots all through my 20s and early 30s was actually some grade A shit, I just didn’t know it.

#4124 4 years ago

I hope not! A $651 shipping quote from Michelle!

#4125 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

The 80s and 90s weren’t exactly a booming time for brown liquor, vodka and beer were king and queen. So smaller batches made with more craft and the biggest difference, aged longer, as the stuff wasn’t exactly flying off the shelves. So all that 101 that I did as shots all through my 20s and early 30s was actually some grade A shit, I just didn’t know it.

When I was in college in the 90's you could get a handle of 101, and a case of Old Style Bottles for $30. I didn't know a ton about booze back then, I just knew that bourbon was my thing and that Wild Turkey was the one I liked the most.

#4126 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

#4127 4 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

When I was in college in the 90's you could get a handle of 101, and a case of Old Style Bottles for $30. I didn't know a ton about booze back then, I just knew that bourbon was my thing and that Wild Turkey was the one I liked the most.

I was an Old Style guy too back in the day. Have you tried it lately? Yeesh, no es bueno haha.

#4128 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I was an Old Style guy too back in the day. Have you tried it lately? Yeesh, no es bueno haha.

Yeah, it's definitely not the same, and that's not just the nostalgia talking. When they moved production from Wisconsin to whatever Pabst facility it is brewed at now, it changed for the worse. I still nail back a few cans a year, if someone hands me a free beer I'm drinking it, and there are still beers out there that are much worse than Old Style.

#4129 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

She’s in demand and provides mediocre service at best. Until 3 weeks ago, trucking routes were dropping hard for at least 2 years but she was able to sustain steadily upping rates. Frankly 80% of the ATL crew is horrible. I’ve had to give blankets and packing tape to most trucks whenever they finally decide to show up. 1 crew is great but I only get them in rarity. Their claim service is a joke. I’m amazed at how she stays so highly recommended on pinside. Great success using Uship. Cheaper and better.

So I’ve been telling everyone I can for the last 2 years that bourbon is horrible and flavored vodkas are where it’s at. Trying to bring back the late /90s. Failing miserably based on recent pricing.

#4130 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I come to this forum to escape work (stock market) and reality (all other bullshit) and it seems all anyone wants to talk about on Pinside is Coronavirus and the melting economy/stock market haha. I get it that it’s an extraordinary situation but enough already. I’m here to talk pinball....and whiskey...and vinyl. Shit the market’s tanking overnight again....walks over to bourbon shelf.

Finally someone said it. Although, I can drink all the bourban I want, it still doesn't totally drown out the pain of not being able to play any pinball until the bars/arcades open back up... fuck I need to buy a machine soon.

#4131 4 years ago

Time to get started.

20200319_163031 (resized).jpg20200319_163031 (resized).jpg
    #4132 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Time to get started.[quoted image]

Damn way to stock up before the quarantine

#4133 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Damn way to stock up before the quarantine

Gotta do something to keep my mind off of whatever is happening.

#4134 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Gotta do something to keep my mind off of whatever is happening.

Great score on that 100yr anniversary bottle of Elmer Lee.

#4135 4 years ago

It is 78 degrees here in MD right now but will drop to the 50's for the weekend. I just poured 4 fingers of Henry McKenna BiB that I got from TKDalumni during Secret Santa and getting ready to clean the grill. The McKenna is delightful! Have a good weekend, all!

#4136 4 years ago
    F7BE8507-EDFA-4256-97C5-28646D41159D (resized).pngF7BE8507-EDFA-4256-97C5-28646D41159D (resized).png
    #4137 4 years ago

I think that drink is showing signs of having coronavirus.

#4139 4 years ago

Its got the virus!!
    It’s a smoked old fashioned

#4140 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

It is 78 degrees here in MD right now but will drop to the 50's for the weekend. I just poured 4 fingers of Henry McKenna BiB that I got from tkdalumni during Secret Santa and getting ready to clean the grill. The McKenna is delightful! Have a good weekend, all!

Awesome man! Cheers

#4141 4 years ago

Its got the virus!!
    It’s a smoked old fashioned

I had a smoked old fashioned at a bar in North Carolina over the weekend. Was very cool! That was the first time I have ever seen it done like that.

#4142 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Awesome man! Cheers

Time to pour another 4 fingers. I am involved in a highly competitive game of yard darts with my daughter. No, I am not making this up.

#4143 4 years ago

Been gone for a few days. Crazy week. So glad to see that this thread is free of virus talk. Love seeing everyone is drinking some good stuff. Grabbed 3 bottles of Knob Creek 100 proof for the stash before the stores closed here. Enjoy everyone.

#4144 4 years ago
    Quoted from SNES:

I had a smoked old fashioned at a bar in North Carolina over the weekend. Was very cool! That was the first time I have ever seen it done like that.

I have a need for smoke in my old fashioned ever since I tried it for the first time.
    Apple wood smoked just like my bacon

#4145 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Time to pour another 4 fingers. I am involved in a highly competitive game of yard darts with my daughter. No, I am not making this up.

Ha! That’s great. My daughter hates me, that’s why I drink

#4146 4 years ago

Running a taste test for 30-50 dollar bourbon... the sweet spot in price to value for me.

My results are below not welcome to add others So when I make my bourbon run tomorrow I will know what to bu6.

1. Four Roses single barrel - incredibly complex
    2, Dickel BIB (This one did surprisingly well)
    3. High West Double Rye (the only rye I have) - love the nite.
    4. EH Taylor small batch - some spikiness.
    5. Weller’s Special Reserve (I know this is technical 25 bucks but sells for 40 when I find it)
    6. Basil Hayden (Solid but nothing noticeable)
    7” Woodford Reserve (too oaky)

#4147 4 years ago

Sorry... it sue where the “not” came from... meant to say welcome to add recommendations.

#4148 4 years ago
    Quoted from ATLPinGuy:

Sorry... it sue where the “not” came from... meant to say welcome to add recommendations.

Not sure what you are trying to say but 1, 4 and 5 are good ones so buy them all.

#4149 4 years ago

I like the table!

#4150 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I like the table!

Thanks! My wife and I made it. I’ve mountain biked for 20 years and we decided on a bike themed project

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon/page/83?hl=atlpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.