Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 235.
    #3251 4 years ago

Never had Angels Envy, but is this 2017 cask strength worth $200?
    8B328A6E-45C6-4BD4-8ABC-292E86A9F637 (resized).jpeg8B328A6E-45C6-4BD4-8ABC-292E86A9F637 (resized).jpeg

#3252 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

[quoted image]

This one has gained popularity when it came out, I never liked it as too light in taste and color, hopefully the cask strength is more in depth.

#3253 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

This one has gained popularity when it came out, I never liked it as too light in taste and color, hopefully the cask strength is more in depth.

I agree. Never had the cask strength but the regular AE is way too light for my tastes.

#3254 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Yep, agree 100%. I can get a bottle of Rare Breed for a couple dollars less and it is a bottle much more to my taste.

#3255 4 years ago

Very good middle of the road bourbon!

20200118_145053 (resized).jpg20200118_145053 (resized).jpg
    #3256 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

[quoted image]

Had it, did not like it. Way too light.

#3257 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Very good middle of the road bourbon![quoted image]

Yep, easily found and under $45 around here. They rebranded last fall and now the new stock is single barrel. I've only had one bottle so far, but I liked what I had.

#3258 4 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

Yep, easily found and under $45 around here. They rebranded last fall and now the new stock is single barrel. I've only had one bottle so far, but I liked what I had.

You have to find good middle of the road bourbons to use as daily drinkers otherwise you'd go broke drinking the expensive shit all the time.

#3259 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Im very interested in this don't forget to post the results

Will do. It’s the club meeting at my house on 2/8. There will be 25 samplers so we’ll get to the bottom of this theory.

#3260 4 years ago

IStopped at the nearby liquor store as they have a bar built into the store itself. It’s been open for a while but haven’t had a chance to check it out until tonight. They have a lot of the harder to find bourbons available so I had the Weller full proof. I like the Weller profile and this was pretty good as well. I think I’d chose the antique over the full proof but they both were pretty good. Anyway, decided to peruse the bourbon aisle on the way out. Saw this sitting by itself with no bar code and no price on the shelf by where it was. Grabbed it and asked the owner how much is this? He seemed surprised that it was out so I assume it wasn’t supposed to be out there (I’ve never seen it on a shelf anywhere I stop). He said $49 so I bought it. No idea if that’s a good price but figured I should take it as I’ve never seen it. Looking forward to trying it as I’ve never had it.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #3261 4 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

IStopped at the nearby liquor store as they have a bar built into the store itself. It’s been open for a while but haven’t had a chance to check it out until tonight. They have a lot of the harder to find bourbons available so I had the Weller full proof. I like the Weller profile and this was pretty good as well. I think I’d chose the antique over the full proof but they both were pretty good. Anyway, decided to peruse the bourbon aisle on the way out. Saw this sitting by itself with no bar code and no price on the shelf by where it was. Grabbed it and asked the owner how much is this? He seemed surprised that it was out so I assume it wasn’t supposed to be out there (I’ve never seen it on a shelf anywhere I stop). He said $49 so I bought it. No idea if that’s a good price but figured I should take it as I’ve never seen it. Looking forward to trying it as I’ve never had it.[quoted image]

$40-50 is normal around here for it. Some are not fans of it but I enjoy it. Nice score!

#3262 4 years ago

Tough day of pinball. State championships were held today, and I was the host and the #1 seed. Got knocked out in round - by the 16th seed. Tournament is over and I’m long overdue for a drink. I picked this up for the first time last night and I’m ready for a couple of glasses!

021E057C-BA4F-4CDE-971E-649D6EE23789 (resized).jpeg021E057C-BA4F-4CDE-971E-649D6EE23789 (resized).jpeg
    #3263 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Tough day of pinball. State championships were held today, and I was the host and the #1 seed. Got knocked out in round - by the 16th seed. Tournament is over and I’m long overdue for a drink. I picked this up for the first time last night and I’m ready for a couple of glasses![quoted image]

Cant be a winner all the time! Enjoy the Taylor cause it is a winner!

#3264 4 years ago

What to do on your birthday when trying to not open that Pappy?
    Have some George T. and finish shopping that pin of course. (:

IMG_7350 (resized).jpegIMG_7350 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7349 (resized).jpegIMG_7349 (resized).jpeg

#3265 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]

happy Bday! Open the Fing Pappy. You only have a Bday once a year and shit... we could all be dead tomorrow.

bottoms up!

#3266 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

happy Bday! Open the Fing Pappy. You only have a Bday once a year and shit... we could all be dead tomorrow.
    bottoms up!

But it's scheduled for next B'day... the Medicare Birthday!

#3267 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

But it's scheduled for next B'day... the Medicare Birthday!

you will find another by then...

and if you dont, the just buy one on the secondary.

#3268 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

you will find another by then...
    and if you dont, the just buy one on the secondary.

It’s tucked in and safely protected. (:

C84C228C-BD08-4960-A63B-823752F87266 (resized).jpegC84C228C-BD08-4960-A63B-823752F87266 (resized).jpeg
    #3269 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:What to do on your birthday when trying to not open that Pappy?
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Nice Mustang

#3270 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Happy 39th b-day Fulltilt and enjoy every last drop of the best bourbon ever produced (for me anyways). Cheers!

#3271 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Many happy returns

#3272 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Happy borthday Don!

#3273 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Happy Birthday man. Enjoy.

#3274 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

ummmm If they have multiples then hook a brother up!

Struck out, but that does allow me $130 to spend on something else.

This is a sign that is posted at my local haunt. And one of the reasons that I only carry my money in my underwear.

Clue That You Buy Your Liquor in the GhettoClue That You Buy Your Liquor in the Ghetto

#3275 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Haven't decided yet. I've heard good things about this so I snagged a bottle today has anyone had it yet?[quoted image]

Tried it
    Didn't like it at all

#3276 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

[quoted image]

i work with some folks that love angel's envy. i have not had the $200 one. when i was in kentucky the regular ones were $45. that said, i've not that big on the brand. maybe it's just me, but having it a few times i find it pretty average.

#3277 4 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Tried it
    Didn't like it at all

I thought it was pretty decent but definitely not something I would just sit around drinking it's very sweet. It kind of reminds me of drinking a chocolate shake

#3278 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I thought it was pretty decent but definitely not something I would just sit around drinking it's very sweet. It kind of reminds me of drinking a chocolate shake

It’s definitely not what I love, straight bourbon! But it’s a nice treat once in awhile.

#3279 4 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

It’s definitely not what I love, straight bourbon! But it’s a nice treat once in awhile.

A lot of times I like to try things like this just so if they are decent I can have them on hand for when I have visitors.

#3280 4 years ago

Just made me a kick ass hot toddy. 4 ounces of Bookers, 8 ounces of hot tea made from Wegman’s Cinnamon Spiced tea, and some honey. This is a studly drink. Time to watch some football!

#3281 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Just made me a kick ass hot toddy. 4 ounces of Bookers, 8 ounces of hot tea made from Wegman’s Cinnamon Spiced tea, and some honey. This is a studly drink. Time to watch some football!

4 oz of Booker’s? My kind of pour.

#3282 4 years ago

4oz is always a good starting off point

#3283 4 years ago

It was so legit that I am making another. Here’s a pic for you social media lovers. Chesapeake Bay through the window. Bookers shiny batch as the octane. The game is a helluva game!

B759EAAB-8235-4FF1-9986-3EC32417CF72 (resized).jpegB759EAAB-8235-4FF1-9986-3EC32417CF72 (resized).jpeg
    #3284 4 years ago

Upon further reflection, I realized that I probably should not have drank the first hot toddy like a glass of tea and should have sipped it. Oh well, time to light this candle. I have a minimum of e bottles of Bookers (two are Country Ham!) so I should be ok for a while.

#3285 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Upon further reflection, I realized that I probably should not have drank the first hot toddy like a glass of tea and should have sipped it. Oh well, time to light this candle. I have a minimum of e bottles of Bookers (two are Country Ham!) so I should be ok for a while.

Country Ham is awesome. Screw the game, I’d be staring out the back window with that view. Beautiful.

#3286 4 years ago

Thanks! We are almost done with a two year reno. Got to let things replenish a little so I can fix up the game room in the basement but all in good time. We actually have two of those windows. They are roughly 6x12 each.

I know a lot of you guys are BT specialty guys but for the money, I am a big fan of the Country Ham. I think it is Bookers best expression ever.

FBB07B23-307A-4DE4-87F8-7DF5D953D344 (resized).jpegFBB07B23-307A-4DE4-87F8-7DF5D953D344 (resized).jpeg
    #3287 4 years ago

Anyone have GotG pin? Was looking for flipper settings and can’t find. Nothing on any thread I could find...

#3288 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

It was so legit that I am making another. Here’s a pic for you social media lovers. Chesapeake Bay through the window. Bookers shiny batch as the octane. The game is a helluva game![quoted image]

Well we certainly don't have Chesapeake bay views here in missouri but i'm a sucker for a room with a view regardless!

20200119_162858 (resized).jpg20200119_162858 (resized).jpg
    #3289 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Well we certainly don't have Chesapeake bay views here in missouri but i'm a sucker for a room with a view regardless![quoted image]

That is a great view! What is out your window?

#3290 4 years ago

Nothing really theres a water tower about a mile and a half away and a subdivision to the right of it thats about 6 miles away.

#3291 4 years ago

Crap!
    CF379FAC-0B3D-4F53-AC0B-33A9B6C253EB (resized).pngCF379FAC-0B3D-4F53-AC0B-33A9B6C253EB (resized).png

My window

#3292 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Nothing really theres a water tower about a mile and a half away and a subdivision to the right of it thats about 6 miles away.

Still a nice view. We had 20 mph gusts so you had whitecaps out here. Good day to stay in and drink.

#3293 4 years ago

Does anybody else feel this way when you're sitting in rush hour traffic and all you want is a nice glass of bourbon and everybody ahead of you is rubbernecking a fender bender on the other side of the highway that's on the freaking shoulder?

Screenshot_2017-11-10-06-19-18 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-11-10-06-19-18 (resized).png
    #3295 4 years ago

Time for a drink. Maybe 2 or 3

20200121_141045 (resized).jpg20200121_141045 (resized).jpg
    #3296 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Time for a drink. Maybe 2 or 3 [quoted image]

Delish!

#3297 4 years ago

Sure is. I have scoured the state of illinois in search of the barrel proof Taylor and can't find it. I have the small batch and the single barrel but I really want to try the barrel proof or the 4 grain would be sweet.

#3298 4 years ago

Seeing as I am the the local bourbon contrarian, do you find enough difference in the single barrel to justify the cost over the regular small batch?

I LOVE both, but in these parts, the small batch is around $36, and the single is around $70.

And as previously stated, the once "available if you looked around enough" barrel proof variety has now achieved unicorn status...and for any of the annual varietal releases? You better have a special relationship with your local booze monger if you want to possibly pay retail.

Cheers!

#3299 4 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

Seeing as I am the the local bourbon contrarian, do you find enough difference in the single barrel to justify the cost over the regular small batch?
    I LOVE both, but in these parts, the small batch is around $36, and the single is around $70.
    And as previously stated, the once "available if you looked around enough" barrel proof variety has now achieved unicorn status...and for any of the annual varietal releases? You better have a special relationship with your local booze monger if you want to possibly pay retail.
    Cheers!

Holy crap you can get small batch for only $36? It is $55 at the cheapest around here. Single barrel is usually $79 and I have only seen barrel proof once for $89 and i'm still kicking myself for not buying it. Now for the answer to your question, yes it is a little more pronounced. Over Christmas I did a side by side comparison with my father in law and he picked the single barrel as well. Is it super fantastic and the end all say all? No, but it is damn good and I really enjoy it.

#3300 4 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

Cheers!

I personally find small batch to be 'safer', but single barrel is more 'fun' to see what you get.

Small batch also seems to be smoothed out compared to the complex and punch of a single.

JMHO

For the price, small batch is good.
    However, the odd/fun/knowledge that you are drinking from a single barrel is also part of all this.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon/page/66?hl=grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.