3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,358 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 minutes ago by PinDeLaPin
  • Topic is favorited by 43 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,159 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
    1723AB82-6ABE-4437-A932-04DF6C3645F4 (resized).jpeg
    20200122_091258 (resized).jpg
    94406E5D-5E12-4D5A-A1BC-4B51EFA3AD0A (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    20200121_162053 (resized).jpg
    IMG-0085 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20200121_154020 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20200121_141045 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-11-10-06-19-18 (resized).png
    CF379FAC-0B3D-4F53-AC0B-33A9B6C253EB (resized).png
    20200119_162858 (resized).jpg
    FBB07B23-307A-4DE4-87F8-7DF5D953D344 (resized).jpeg
    B759EAAB-8235-4FF1-9986-3EC32417CF72 (resized).jpeg

There are 3358 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 68.
    #3151 10 days ago

We would like to buy a WW but haven’t found one near us. I think my most wanted it a TOTAN though

#3152 10 days ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

We would like to buy a WW but haven’t found one near us. I think my most wanted it a TOTAN though

Good friend of mine had a TOTAN and sold it last year. Not real sure the hype behind that game its very redundant and boring imo. I've currently got some messed up switch matrix issues going on with my wh20. Made no progress today with that so I switched to bourbon instead.

#3153 10 days ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Good friend of mine had a TOTAN and sold it last year. Not real sure the hype behind that game its very redundant and boring imo. I've currently got some messed up switch matrix issues going on with my wh20. Made no progress today with that so I switched to bourbon instead.

Bummer! Hope you can figure it out

#3154 10 days ago

Oh F it im opening all kinds of shit I wasn't planning on opening. I guess that damn game pissed me off more than I thought.

20200112_181120 (resized).jpg
    #3155 10 days ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Oh F it im opening all kinds of shit I wasn't planning on opening. I guess that damn game pissed me off more than I thought.[quoted image]

Not sure how this bottle was up for whisky of the year. No way I would ever give another $50 for a bottle of this crap again either. I would rather drink that skunk piss jack daniels than this shit. What a joke and the jokes on me for wasting my money on this crap.

#3156 10 days ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Not sure how this bottle was up for whisky of the year. No way I would ever give another $50 for a bottle of this crap again either. I would rather drink that skunk piss jack daniels than this shit. What a joke and the jokes on me for wasting my money on this crap.

Sorry that it did not live up to your expectations. I grew up on the Virginia-Carolina line and Dickell was always thought of there as rotgut. When I heard that it won an award it blew my mind but I thought maybe it had improved. Evidentially, it did not. Use it as a mixer and try something else

#3157 10 days ago

you guys are bad, just can't handle looking at all these delicious bourbon whiskey bottles, drives a man to drink lol

#3158 10 days ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Sorry that it did not live up to your expectations. I grew up on the Virginia-Carolina line and Dickell was always thought of there as rotgut. When I heard that it won an award it blew my mind but I thought maybe it had improved. Evidentially, it did not. Use it as a mixer and try something else

I was highly skeptical because I generally don't have good things to say about Dickel. However, I too thought maybe they got their shit together and finally made something good. Nope! Nothing pisses me off more than shelling out good money on a bottle of skunk piss bourbon. Real question here is who is the asshole that rated this shit so high? That person either got a big kickback from Dickel or there is something wrong with their taste buds. Anyone else that owns this bottle please post your opinions on this cause now i'm really curious about it.

#3159 10 days ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I was highly skeptical because I generally don't have good things to say about Dickel. However, I too thought maybe they got their shit together and finally made something good. Nope! Nothing pisses me off more than shelling out good money on a bottle of skunk piss bourbon. Real question here is who is the asshole that rated this shit so high? That person either got a big kickback from Dickel or there is something wrong with their taste buds. Anyone else that owns this bottle please post your opinions on this cause now i'm really curious about it.

From personal conversations with Chuck Cowdery, he swears that the distilleries aren't "buying" their awards from the various outfits that award them, including Whisky Advocate, but I'm not sure I believe him...

I get that certain flavors have different sensations on different people's pallets, and from being on several single barrel selection panels, I can certainly acknowledge and appreciate the qualities that taste good to others, but don't quite strike a perfect chord with me, if that makes sense. An analogy to this would be that I can certainly appreciate the music of Rush, and their technical abilities, and absolutely get why people rave over them, but I'm just not a super fan like some are. And I can respect that.

That said, there is nothing redeeming about the festering shit bomb that Dickel "limited" BIB is. Not a single person in the bourbon/whisky hound circles I run in likes it. Even a little. And I can't even recall the last time this has happened with a major release. I'm not even sure that it actually has. Even the Parker's Heritage release finished in orange curacao barrels had it's fans. Not this one though.

#3160 10 days ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Not sure how this bottle was up for whisky of the year. No way I would ever give another $50 for a bottle of this crap again either.

This is the 3rd time I have heard this. Seems like people are trying too hard to find the next "hot" lower cost bottle.

#3161 10 days ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

Even the Parker's Heritage release finished in orange curacao barrels had it's fans.

On man, I wanted to try this so badly. Could never find a bottle to buy or even a bar that had it to try. If anyone has a bottle of this, I would love to get a sample.

#3162 10 days ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I bought a bottle around August, pretty sure I paid $40 for it. I had low expectations going in, this is the same distillery that thought it was a good idea to put whisky into Tobasco barrels. I did not care for this at all. It smells like corn syrup and burnt wood, and has a wet cardboard taste that reminds me of other low end garbage like Old Crow. I had three more glasses of this over the next month before I moved it from my shelf to the top of the fridge where it got drank by guests that drink their whisky with cola or 7-Up. I'd take a $15 bottle of something like Mellow Corn over this all day.

#3163 10 days ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

On man, I wanted to try this so badly. Could never find a bottle to buy or even a bar that had it to try. If anyone has a bottle of this, I would love to get a sample.

Ha. Save yourself some dough, and add a few drops of orange curacao to a glass of Elijah Craig. Or rub the inside of a glass with an orange peel and pour some bourbon in. I tried the "real" thing and wasn't very impressed at all, and I'm a PHR fanboy. The two flavors just didn't blend well for me, and left me with a weird, astringent aftertaste.

Maybe I'm the foolish one, and this stuff was made for making fancy old fashioneds?

#3164 10 days ago

The Dickel is what it is. A 13 year old BIB at a good price. I don't know a single bourbon drinker who wouldn't say the same about how it tastes. You either like Tennessee whiskey or you don't. I know people who only drink Tennessee whiskey and hate bourbon. I know Canadian drinkers who hate both. I know scotch drinkers who think bourbon is for rubes with no taste. I've bought high end bourbon myself because I listened to some writer and wish I had bought 15 bottles of mellow corn because it would have been better. Taste is subjective. There are coveted bottles that I wouldn't buy at Retail because I don't like the taste of it. There are others that some think are rotgut that I enjoy. To each his own.

#3165 10 days ago

Strangely, I've had bottles of both Smooth Ambler Single Barrel Select and Barrell Bourbon batches that were both sourced from Dickel, from what I am guessing were "off profile" barrels, and they were outstanding.

That said, I absolutely get the "vitamin/medicinal" taste that MANY people describe as an off-putting flavor component of Dickel products (I'm guessing it's a byproduct of the yeast strain they use) in nearly every single iteration I have tried (sans the two mentioned above). And I've tried A LOT of them, haha.

Now, as far as Tennessee whiskey goes, I would argue that the Lincoln County Process is more of a gimmick than anything else It doesn't really add or remove anything. I bet the good folks over at Jack Daniels are kicking themselves for lobbying to make it a requirement for "Tennessee Whisk(e)y", as they are now bound to bare the cost for what is most likely a process that is imperceptible in the final product. Try regular old Jack and Gentlemen Jack blind, and I'm willing to bet you can't tell the difference reliably. The only difference is that the juice is run through the charcoal a second time. Bold statement I know, but I'm sticking to it, haha.

In my opinion, in addition to the legally prescribed prerequisites, good bourbon is solely a product of:

1:Time spent in barrels, in the particular climate that western Appalachia has. Not too little, and not too much.
    2: Consistent quality in the strains of yeast used to ferment the beer for distillation (look at 4 roses, and how much difference their two strains of yeast can make on an otherwise identical mashbill)
    3: Quality control through frequent scheduled sampling by demanding master distillers/tasters to determine when barrels are "ripe" and ready to be bottled.

No gimmicks.

#3166 9 days ago
    Quoted from flashsmith:

The Dickel is what it is. A 13 year old BIB at a good price. I don't know a single bourbon drinker who wouldn't say the same about how it tastes. You either like Tennessee whiskey or you don't. I know people who only drink Tennessee whiskey and hate bourbon. I know Canadian drinkers who hate both. I know scotch drinkers who think bourbon is for rubes with no taste. I've bought high end bourbon myself because I listened to some writer and wish I had bought 15 bottles of mellow corn because it would have been better. Taste is subjective. There are coveted bottles that I wouldn't buy at Retail because I don't like the taste of it. There are others that some think are rotgut that I enjoy. To each his own.

While I agree with much of what you said the glaring point here is that it was somehow awarded a prestigious honor. Therefore that openes it up to review as many people such as myself then want to try it. I personally am a huge fan of Tennessee whiskey as well as bourbon and have a few bottles of both. Where it is distilled is irrelevant the fact is apparently more people than just me are saying it is nasty stuff. Try some for yourself by all means and mske your own decision just know you've been warned. Btw these are 3 Tennessee whiskeys you should buy.

20190517_181929 (resized).jpg20190710_144759 (resized).jpg20200110_094022 (resized).jpg
    #3167 9 days ago

I actually really like Dickel. I'm not alone either. Taste is subjective.

In any case in my own personal opinion I cant justify spending more than say $80 on a drinking whisky, bourbon etc.

#3168 9 days ago

I'm sorry to be late to the party... but there is nothin' wrong with some good Dickel. To each his own!

Cheers

IMG_7302 (resized).jpeg

#3169 9 days ago

Anyone seen any Elijah Craig 18year from 2019?

What was it selling for?

#3170 9 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Anyone seen any Elijah Craig 18year from 2019?
    What was it selling for?

Nope I haven't seen any

20200113_184146 (resized).jpg
    #3171 9 days ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Nope I haven't seen any [quoted image]

what was retail?

also, when you cracking it open to tell us how it is?

#3172 9 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

what was retail?
    also, when you cracking it open to tell us how it is?

When I get there!

#3173 9 days ago

I got it for $200 at a special store opening event for total wine. I know it goes for closer to $350 at a another place

#3174 9 days ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I'm sorry to be late to the party... but there is nothin' wrong with some good Dickel. To each his own!
    Cheers
    [quoted image]

Never had that one Don but I have had the regular dickel and now the BIB dickel and somebody left this one also at my house.

20200113_184214 (resized).jpg
    #3175 9 days ago

I very unique and delicious rye!

image (resized).jpg
    #3176 9 days ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I got it for $200 at a special store opening event for total wine. I know it goes for closer to $350 at a another place

Thanks for sharing. I feel much better now. I paid $225 shipped

#3177 9 days ago

I very unique and delicious rye![quoted image]

I need some of this.

#3178 9 days ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I need some of this.

If you’re a rye fan get it. Whiskey Vault does a YouTube review on it.

#3179 9 days ago

That’s a College Football Championship size pour of 2013 OFBB...couldn’t last forever

456ABFC8-D2CB-4DDC-B33C-8C21EE431E95 (resized).jpeg
    #3180 9 days ago

I very unique and delicious rye![quoted image]

That looks awesome! High proof rye, hell yeah...

#3181 9 days ago
    Quoted from swillie:

That looks awesome! High proof rye, hell yeah...

OFBB 2013.... you stretched it pretty far my friend!

#3182 9 days ago
    Quoted from swillie:

That’s a College Football Championship size pour of 2013 OFBB...couldn’t last forever [quoted image]

Yum!

#3183 9 days ago
    Quoted from swillie:

That’s a College Football Championship size pour of 2013 OFBB...couldn’t last forever [quoted image]

Somebody aint fuckin’ around tonight! Great game so far. So much better than the Super Bowl (aside from the weak Monday night game day).

#3184 9 days ago
    Quoted from swillie:

LSU elixer.

#3185 9 days ago

Any thoughts on King of Kentucky? Never seen it around..

68D6FAAE-D99A-4946-A1C6-6605819FC86A (resized).jpeg
    #3186 8 days ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Any thoughts on King of Kentucky? Never seen it around..[quoted image]

Never heard of it. Whats the price point on it?

#3187 8 days ago

MSRP around $200

#3188 8 days ago

Ouch..

#3189 8 days ago

Got this as a gift, not sure what to think here.......

On one hand its small batch, single source 100% corn whisky @ 90proof. On the other hand I doubt I would drink the water in Manila.

20200114_163046 (resized).jpg
    #3190 8 days ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

Got this as a gift, not sure what to think here.......
    On one hand its small batch, single source 100% corn whisky @ 90proof. On the other hand I doubt I would drink the water in Manila.[quoted image]

Come on whats the worst that could happen? You only live once right, go ahead and pour yourself a sip

#3191 8 days ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Any thoughts on King of Kentucky? Never seen it around..[quoted image]

I tried an early batch of it a few years ago and it was really good. It’s only available in Kentucky. The 2019 batches are supposedly phenomenal, the legit “whiskey of the year”. It’s shot up close to $700 on the secondary market so I won’t be trying it any time soon.

#3192 8 days ago

Haven't really been on the hunt but i'm back at it and had a good score today.

20200115_100917 (resized).jpg
    #3193 8 days ago

Went fishing today

image (resized).jpg
    #3195 8 days ago

Nice score!

#3196 8 days ago

Hope it’s good!!!

What was your retail on that?

It is a fave of mine. Hope you like it.

#3197 8 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

What was your retail on that?
    It is a fave of mine. Hope you like it.

$130

#3198 8 days ago

I’ve heard good things and have been dying to try it

#3200 7 days ago

Got access to 2 bottles of Elmer Lee. $199. Any takers?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 12,500.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 9.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Bent Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    $ 169.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 5.00
    $ 219.99
    $ 89.99
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.00
    Boards
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 89.00
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 3358 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 68.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside