Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 235.
    #251 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

got a bottle of that when I was out east this summer and it was so good it lasted a whole 3 days.
    Sadly cant find it anywhere here in the midwest so far...

Got a few here in Texas. It's pretty regular here in SA. Agree, great stuff.

#252 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I’ve given up of the unicorns like Pappy, WLWeller, Stagg etc. and focus on Blanton’s, Elmer T., W12, Rock Hill Farms and the like. I’ve overpaid trying all the unicorns at restaurants and bars and was underwhelmed for the price. Give me a couple fingers of Elmer T Lee or EH Taylor neat and I’m a happy man.

Yeah, where we live, Pappy is pretty much impossible to find, but down south I think people have a chance.i have a hard time finding Rock Hill around where we live. I did have a pour of Pappy’s 23 when I went to Kentucky, and it was fantastic, even though the price was egregious.
    Picking up a bottle of Michter 10yr tomorrow, which I’m excited to try.

#253 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I’ve given up of the unicorns like Pappy, WLWeller, Stagg etc. and focus on Blanton’s, Elmer T., W12, Rock Hill Farms and the like. I’ve overpaid trying all the unicorns at restaurants and bars and was underwhelmed for the price. Give me a couple fingers of Elmer T Lee or EH Taylor neat and I’m a happy man.

ETL, W12, OWA, RHF, even WSR are all basically unicorns in the New England area at this point. Regular old BT is getting scarce. Blanton's is usually around (and priced decently at $50 in most places), as is the Taylor line, minus bp and the annual releases.

The distributor of the BT line here in CT and RI essentially rations out at random the above to stores (though I've heard rumors the more FireBall they sell, the more they get...) without them even being ordered. Essentially, they send bottles and the owner/permittee can refuse them or take them.

I am absolutely convinced liquor store owners and employees snatch anything of relevance up, and immediately flip it on the secondary market. It's crazy at this point, far worse than even this hobby. PVW23, which retails for $299, easily fetches $2k. I guess if the market will bare it...

Similar to this hobby, it's just frustrating when profiteers figure out that people are very passionate about something, and combined with hype, are able to exploit long time enthusiasts/new hobbyists. That said, it's not like anybody is forcing anyone to pay top dollar for a luxury/entertainment item.

I'll stick with my $30 ER.

If anybody wants to work out a pins-for-bourbon trade, pm me. I'm looking for Nascar, BSD, FT, T2, Sopranos...

#254 5 years ago

I agree the flippers have sucked all the fun out of the hunt. I went on a rant with the manager of the local Binny’s and he told me stories of people buying their allocated bourbon in the store and meeting someone in the parking lot and flipping it. They’re currently slashing their VIP/allocation list and lopping off those who pop in looking for the “back room” allocated bourbons and concentrating on the local guys who are there week in and week out. bowz PM me and I can point you-to a local group(Facebook) that has fair secondary prices. Even Blanton’s has become VERY hard to find which was available 5 years ago at my local grocery store for $39.99.

#255 5 years ago

ps this rant was brought to you by...

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #256 5 years ago

Ok im settled in for the night. Ive owned this game for a year now and still have yet to get Hail Megatron or Roll Out. I have everything set at hard and it’s incredibly frustrating. So Im gonna polish this bottle off and start chopping wood at Prime. #votemegatron2020

96F2582C-B0A3-4658-80E6-5B49CEB2A552 (resized).jpeg96F2582C-B0A3-4658-80E6-5B49CEB2A552 (resized).jpeg
    #257 5 years ago

I really enjoy that Double Oak. Need to grab another bottle here soon!

#258 5 years ago

Jim Beam Black is really good too. So funny that Jim Beam White Label is so low on the spectrum but they have so many amazing small batches. Knob Creek, Basil, Bakers, Black, Devils Cut, Double Oak. All Jim Beam and all so good.

#259 5 years ago

I grabbed a Devil’s Cut earlier today. I was also pleasantly surprised - the local grocery store had a bottle of Eagle Rare. Definitely picked that up.

#260 5 years ago

Funny you can get Blantons everywhere in Australia, the basic goes for about 40-43 USD

2 weeks later
    #261 5 years ago

Any of you guys got any tips on finding out where a limited edition bottle will actually be available for sale? My huge liquor store got 7 out of 8 LE bottles, but not the last one. Nobody seems to know anything about it.

#262 5 years ago

I missed the BTAC and Pappy cut this year, still holding for some Four Roses LE. Chasing the unicorns. A buddy lucked into a Handy for $130 on the shelf and another was able to get GTS for $239. Elmer T Lee and Weller 12 haven't been seen in years. A bartender friend was able to pick me up an ETL in DC for $40 three years ago, but I think they called in some kinda favor. Are we at peak bourbon? Good luck with hunt this year all. Remember to support your local store!

2 weeks later
    #263 5 years ago

Just found this here last week. Not easy to find in this neck of the woods, but stoked that my liquor store finally brought it in. What do you bourbon guys think of it?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
    #264 5 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

Just found this here last week. Not easy to find in this neck of the woods, but stoked that my liquor store finally brought it in. What do you bourbon guys think of it?
    [quoted image]

I used to love it more than I do now. There are some really good bourbon's in that price range that I like. That said - that is still a very good Bourbon to have on hand to enjoy

Still the best looking bottle and cork in the biz...

#265 5 years ago

A few buddies are talking about doing the bourbon trail this winter/spring. Anyone been and have any tips or recommendations? Can you find better options and/or deals directly at the distilleries that you can’t find locally? Any good pinball to play nearby? I know there’s a bunch of KY Pinside members!

#266 5 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

[quoted image]

Definitely one of my favorites. The letters on the horse statue spell Blantons if you collect them all.

#267 5 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

[quoted image]

Great bourbon! Do a search on this thread (key word: "Blanton") and you'll see a bunch of prior posts re: Blanton's.

#268 5 years ago

Basement remodel is finally complete and found a new shelf for my stash. Cheers!

#269 5 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

[quoted image]

One of my favs!!! hard to come by....enjoy...

#270 5 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

[quoted image]

Really good and smooth. It shows up around here, but you’ve got to be quick to go get it when it’s there or else it’s gone.

#271 5 years ago

Just scored this last week...Right place at the right time!!!

IMG_20181208_231130225 (resized).jpgIMG_20181208_231130225 (resized).jpg
    #272 5 years ago

Looking to dive into the bourbon world a little deeper. Currently I know very little about all things bourbon. I used to drink a lot of Jim Beam years ago. Then 4-5 years I switched to Crown. Finally last year I switched to Bulleit. However I always mix it. Usually with Mountain Dew or Pepsi (I know, don’t kill me!).

I’m ready to try some on the rocks, and maybe even try it neat. Without spending a fortune, what would be a good bourbon to dive in to? I’ve had a few people recommend McKenna to me.

Thoughts/advice?

#273 5 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Looking to dive into the bourbon world a little deeper. Currently I know very little about all things bourbon. I used to drink a lot of Jim Beam years ago. Then 4-5 years I switched to Crown. Finally last year I switched to Bulleit. However I always mix it. Usually with Mountain Dew or Pepsi (I know, don’t kill me!).
    I’m ready to try some on the rocks, and maybe even try it neat. Without spending a fortune, what would be a good bourbon to dive in to? I’ve had a few people recommend McKenna to me.
    Thoughts/advice?

If you're trying to not spend a fortune and get a versatile bottle, you can't go wrong with makers IMO. It's good neat, on the rocks, and you can make a solid cocktail with it. We usually keep that on hand as a go to.

#274 5 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

If you're trying to not spend a fortune and get a versatile bottle, you can't go wrong with makers IMO. It's good neat, on the rocks, and you can make a solid cocktail with it. We usually keep that on hand as a go to.

Makers 46 is really nice too, a little more $$$ but worth it imo.

#275 5 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Thoughts/advice?

Elija Craig is the best for the money. Very smooth and tasty. Much better than Makers IMO.

#276 5 years ago

On December 18th, I have the opportunity to attend a bourbon pairing dinner which includes the following. Worth it?

The Dinner will include:

Limited seating for 12 guests
    4 Course dinner with welcome cocktail and appetizer
    3 Exclusive Bourbon selections from our private stash to pair with your meal
    Bourbon selections will include Pappy VanWinkle, Bookers “Noe Secret”, Barterhouse and more
    $165 per ticket.

#277 5 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

Makers 46 is really nice too, a little more $$$ but worth it imo.

True. I do like it better, but that price is where I start to feel guilty about "wasting" booze in cocktails also.

#278 5 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

On December 18th, I have the opportunity to attend a bourbon pairing dinner which includes the following. Worth it?
    The Dinner will include:
    Limited seating for 12 guests
    4 Course dinner with welcome cocktail and appetizer
    3 Exclusive Bourbon selections from our private stash to pair with your meal
    Bourbon selections will include Pappy VanWinkle, Bookers “Noe Secret”, Barterhouse and more
    $165 per ticket.

Depends upon how good the food is.

Actually sounds like a lot of fun and you get to sample the Pappy!

#279 5 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just scored this last week...Right place at the right time!!!
    [quoted image]

Me too!

#280 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

Me too![quoted image]

Bamm!!

#281 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Elija Craig is the best for the money. Very smooth and tasty. Much better than Makers IMO.

I need to try that. My go to lower end is Buffalo Trace. So good.

#282 5 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

I need to try that. My go to lower end is Buffalo Trace. So good.

I agree, nice stuff. I always get a hint of bubblegum flavor. My goto low price bourbon is Wild Turkey 101.

#283 5 years ago

My wife stumbled across this bottle dressing and got festive with it and decorated our handle of Willet Pot Still.

24F99A5B-3A55-499F-AB89-9F5F3113455A (resized).jpeg24F99A5B-3A55-499F-AB89-9F5F3113455A (resized).jpeg
    #284 5 years ago
    Quoted from MikeO:

My wife stumbled across this bottle dressing and got festive with it and decorated our handle of Willet Pot Still. [quoted image]

Another tasty one, and one of my favorites. Just picked up a fresh bottle today in fact.

#285 5 years ago

During lunch today I was reading up on bourbon and stumbled upon this new bourbon made from Mongolian Oak that is slated to come out any day now. Figured I would share with everyone.

https://www.bourbonbanter.com/drink/drink-news/bourbon-news/buffalo-trace-introduces-old-charter-oak-bourbon/#.XA7at2hKiUl

#286 5 years ago
    Quoted from tjprice222:

A few buddies are talking about doing the bourbon trail this winter/spring. Anyone been and have any tips or recommendations? Can you find better options and/or deals directly at the distilleries that you can’t find locally? Any good pinball to play nearby? I know there’s a bunch of KY Pinside members!

Seriously, no one in the Bourbon club has been on The Bourbon Trail? What about jmountjoy111 ?

#287 5 years ago

Any recommendations for my next bottle... I'm a newbie. Started a after reading this thread. Shot and a half with an ice cube before bed and I sleep very well.

Started with Makers and really liked it. Second bottle was Beam Black which I didn't enjoy nearly as much.

I have a bottle of Evan Williams single barrel waiting.

#288 5 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Any recommendations for my next bottle... I'm a newbie. Started a after reading this thread. Shot and a half with an ice cube before bed and I sleep very well.
    Started with Makers and really liked it. Second bottle was Beam Black which I didn't enjoy nearly as much.

Mine would be Buffalo Trace for a next step. Good price, easy sipper...I enjoy it alot...still

#289 5 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

During lunch today I was reading up on bourbon and stumbled upon this new bourbon made from Mongolian Oak that is slated to come out any day now. Figured I would share with everyone.
    https://www.bourbonbanter.com/drink/drink-news/bourbon-news/buffalo-trace-introduces-old-charter-oak-bourbon/#.XA7at2hKiUl

Interesting read. I love alot of bourbon’s that use that BT mash bill #1 (BT, Eagle Rare, Col EH Taylor) so I’ll definitely give it a try.

#290 5 years ago
    Quoted from tjprice222:

Seriously, no one in the Bourbon club has been on The Bourbon Trail? What about jmountjoy111 ?

Sadly I haven’t but I’ve heard Buffalo Trace is the one MUST distillery to visit from several people who’s opinions I trust. I’ve also heard the Maker’s and Four Roses are good.

#291 5 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

I am drinking Evan Williams single barrel right now! I had the other day some Jefferson aged at sea that was amazing!

#292 5 years ago
    Quoted from tjprice222:

I have! ✋
    My wife also prints all the specialty labels for buffalo trace. I.E. stagg, taylor, eagle etc... hook up!!

#293 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

I have! ✋
    My wife also prints all the specialty labels for buffalo trace. I.E. stagg, taylor, eagle etc... hook up!!

Ummm... can some of us get some help? I did not get a single bottle this year from btac. Stuff has become impossible up here. Allocation was three bottles in total to my local store and they ended up keeping them all for employees (so much for customer loyalty with the new manager).
    If you have any extras, i am happ to ship dank WI beers

#294 5 years ago

Lol... got any pins for trade? Lol

#295 5 years ago
    Quoted from tjprice222:

Did the bourbon trail in 2016. Got all the passport stapped and a tee shirt, bunch of bottles for my bar plus a TON of pics to hang up in the game room.

#296 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

Lol... got any pins for trade? Lol

Sure. Gonna need some good bottles in trade and at good prices unless you wanna pay retail on the pins also

1 week later
    #297 5 years ago

If you can grab a bottle of George T. For the holidays do it. Amazing taste and 124.5 proof.

20181214_181322 (resized).jpg20181214_181322 (resized).jpg
    #298 5 years ago

Two bottles?? Damn you.

So hard to find here in Denver. I do like the Stagg Jr.

#299 5 years ago

I grew up in the bourbon belt of KY and got pretty spoiled on everything being available. Went back for a weekend trip recently and visited a few distilleries.

Castle & Key is going to be one to watch for down the road. Really cool historic place with the first woman master distiller in the region and she's only 31.

You know you are in Bardstown when the bars have 3 wine choices, 5 beers on tap, and over 100 bourbon choices everywhere you go.

20181116_095107 (resized).jpg20181116_095107 (resized).jpg20181117_100653 (resized).jpg20181117_100653 (resized).jpg20181117_105821 (resized).jpg20181117_105821 (resized).jpg20181117_143548 (resized).jpg20181117_143548 (resized).jpg20181117_111615 (resized).jpg20181117_111615 (resized).jpg20181117_113938 (resized).jpg20181117_113938 (resized).jpg20181117_145715 (resized).jpg20181117_145715 (resized).jpg20181117_145844 (resized).jpg20181117_145844 (resized).jpg

#300 5 years ago
    Quoted from Elicash:

Two bottles?? Damn you.
    So hard to find here in Denver. I do like the Stagg Jr.

I have 1 case total so 12 bottles. =)

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.