Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 235.
    #2651 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I don't really know how you guys deal with that whole system of getting alcohol. It's just completely foreign to me to think that you just can't walk into any store and buy what you want.

Here in TN we just go to the local moonshiner and get what we want..

#2652 4 years ago

I’ve got a lead on 2018 GTS for $325. Worth the price of admission?

#2653 4 years ago
    Quoted from sulakd:

Been drinking Noah's mill, willet, and angel's envy. All excellent. Haven't gone hunting for the rare stuff this thread is about. I was in Kentucky back in the spring and asked in a couple shops if there was anything rare/sought after I should pick up, but they didn't have anything. Sounds like maybe I was out of season.

Some people are selling Pinballs as Bourbon Chillers for 2 for like 40 bucks LOL, put em in the freezer for a few hours. I don't think it's such a great idea though if I got a little buzzed I'd probably turn the glass to quick and lose a tooth, or drop in in too fast and break the glass!

#2654 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

On another note I just rolled out of one of my spots a happy guy. Haven't seen any of this in a few months and I needed another bottle.[quoted image]

Once you go George, you can never go back.

#2655 4 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

I’ve got a lead on 2018 GTS for $325. Worth the price of admission?

I'll give you another $100 if you don't want it.

#2656 4 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Some people are selling Pinballs as Bourbon Chillers, put em in the freezer for a few hours. I don't think it's such a great idea though if I got a little buzzed I'd probably turn the glass to quick and lose a tooth, or drop in in too fast and break the glass!

Or swallow the damn thing!! OMG...

#2657 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Here in TN we just go to the local moonshiner and get what we want..

Who do you think you are kidding we all know you are the local moonshiner

#2658 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Fred Minnick, the editor-in-chief of Bourbon+ Magazine, agrees. See the final episode of Pappy Van Winkle vs The Field where he blind tastes 23 year old Pappy against 5 other bourbons and Woodinville almost beats it. It's a long video, the first taste is just before 11 minute mark, 2nd taste around 1h:6m and he finally finds out that it's the woodinville one at around 1h:34m mark. Overall, quite an entertaining video albeit way way too long to watch (unless you have time to burn, and can join him in his blind tasting to compare notes)

Yeah i'm a believer I went and snagged another bottle today. After that video I wouldn't be surprised to see the price jump $20 for a bottle. Better grab it now while it's affordable.

20191206_165014 (resized).jpg20191206_165014 (resized).jpg
    #2659 4 years ago

I may be able to get a George Stagg, not sure of price. Too rich for my blood right now. Does someone else want it?

#2660 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

I may be able to get a George Stagg, not sure of price. Too rich for my blood right now. Does someone else want it?

Already got 2 people lined up. If they pass I’ll let everyone know.

#2661 4 years ago

Sorry for the delay. Finally got around to getting a pic of my Secret Santa bottle. Thanks again. Exactly what I wanted. Willets is never on the shelf here in PA and I finished off my last one months ago. Always nice to have as an option.
    image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2662 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

Sorry for the delay. Finally got around to getting a pic of my Secret Santa bottle. Thanks again. Exactly what I wanted. Willets is never on the shelf here in PA and I finished off my last one months ago. Always nice to have as an option.
    [quoted image]

Willet is good stuff. Of course so are the others in your pic.

#2663 4 years ago

How aboot an Old Fashioned with Woodford Reserve? That's Covington, Kentucky in the distance....

20191206_185929 (resized).jpg20191206_185929 (resized).jpg
    #2664 4 years ago

NICE! Right on the river.

#2665 4 years ago

Good day shopping. I’m more excited about the Russell’s Rye to be honest.

#2666 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Good day shopping. I’m more excited about the Russell’s Rye to be honest.[quoted image]

In that case, lmk how much you want for the lot B? Serious

#2667 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Good day shopping. I’m more excited about the Russell’s Rye to be honest.[quoted image]

Wtf? Everyone is scoring pappy here lately. I've never once seen it at any of the places I go.

#2668 4 years ago

I'm starting to think they don't ship Pappy to Cali :-/

#2669 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

In that case, lmk how much you want for the lot B? Serious

Donating it to my buddies charity auction, sorry.

Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Wtf? Everyone is scoring pappy here lately. I've never once seen it at any of the places I go.

This was an allocation from Binny’s because I spend an ungodly amount of money on booze. My store only got 3 or 4 bottles total, restaurants and bars are getting way more than usual this year from what I’ve been told.

#2670 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Donating it to my buddies charity auction, sorry.

This was an allocation from Binny’s because I spend an ungodly amount of money on booze. My store only got 3 or 4 bottles total, restaurants and bars are getting way more than usual this year from what I’ve been told.

Hit us with a link for the charity auction. Love to donate and get good booze

#2671 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

How aboot an Old Fashioned with Woodford Reserve? That's Covington, Kentucky in the distance....[quoted image]

That's Newport. If you look straight across the river from the Boathouse you might be able to see New Riff Distillery.

#2672 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I'll give you another $100 if you don't want it.

Pulled the plug and went for it. Most I've ever spent on a bottle. pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2673 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Hit us with a link for the charity auction. Love to donate and get good booze

Will do. It is in March. I’m donating lot b, Weller 12, and an Elmer 100 and there will be one of these:
    https://www.gobourbon.com/buffalo-trace-donating-400-bottles-from-6-millionth-barrel-for-charity/

#2674 4 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

Pulled the plug and went for it. Most I've ever spent on a bottle. [quoted image]

2018 GTS is still the best whiskey I’ve ever had. Enjoy.

#2675 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:2018 GTS is still the best whiskey I’ve ever had. Enjoy.

One day I’ll taste GTS....(dreamy)

#2676 4 years ago

Speaking of GTS, I almost forgot to have my victory pour. Congrats to my boy’s HS football team, Illinois 8A state champs! Well done boys. Cheers.

#2677 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

On another note I just rolled out of one of my spots a happy guy. Haven't seen any of this in a few months and I needed another bottle.[quoted image]

I am not a rye man either for the most part, I was told Stagg Jr I would like but can’t find it out here at the moment and next on my list.

#2678 4 years ago

Anyway we can get all the bottles we have tried to show up next to our pin collection next to our avatar?

#2679 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Anyway we can get all the bottles we have tried to show up next to our pin collection next to our avatar?

I'm not sure that's a good idea. If we started posting up all the bottles that we've drank people might get the wrong idea about us

#2680 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I'm not sure that's a good idea. If we started posting up all the bottles that we've drank people might get the wrong idea about us

Ok I know people just don’t understand.

#2681 4 years ago

I didn't find any Stagg today, apparently I was late to the party... as usual.
    So I grabbed a couple favorites and something new.

Pick (resized).jpgPick (resized).jpg

#2682 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

[quoted image]

Jealous u pull that Davidsons so easily!

#2683 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Jealous u pull that Davidsons so easily!

Um...

CAF1A889-F0E8-41CE-8439-49EF4B383118 (resized).jpegCAF1A889-F0E8-41CE-8439-49EF4B383118 (resized).jpeg

#2684 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Um...
    [quoted image]

Damn you Don. I have a buddy down in Nashville right now for his kids hockey tournament and I've sent him to a couole places and they are sold out.

#2685 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

[quoted image]

OGD 114 is great bang for your buck.

#2686 4 years ago

With all the Woodinville talk, figured I need to sample it myself. Also threw in some Johnny Drum which someone recommended to me on our Twitch stream.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191207190048899_COVER (resized).jpg00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191207190048899_COVER (resized).jpg
    #2687 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

OGD 114 is great bang for your buck.

Never tried that OGD 114 my father in law tried it and said it was horrible. He swore up and down it tasted like turpentine and poured it out. You guys all swear by it so im thinking I need to give it a whirl.

#2688 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Never tried that OGD 114 my father in law tried it and said it was horrible. He swore up and down it tasted like turpentine and poured it out. You guys all swear by it so im thinking I need to give it a whirl.

It’s great for a $20 bottle IMO.

#2689 4 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

With all the Woodinville talk, figured I need to sample it myself. Also threw in some Johnny Drum which someone recommended to me on our Twitch stream.[quoted image]

Don't forget to post your thoughts on the Woodinville

#2690 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

It’s worth the price...sure it bites, pour it on an ice ball and it mellows out nice with lot’s of flavor.

#2691 4 years ago
    Quoted from t8tony8t:

We did full proof so we won’t get as much as if we did 107.
    We should get around 192 bottles from that barrel. We will pay around 49-52 per bottle. Around $9,600.

Are we doing this?

#2692 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Are we doing this?

I've never seen any Weller products for sale at any of the places I go to. I'd totally be in on this deal if it could happen.

#2693 4 years ago

Nine Banded out of Texas...not a bad mixer

10B7EB3F-F194-4C37-8FCB-954AAFFAE26F (resized).jpeg10B7EB3F-F194-4C37-8FCB-954AAFFAE26F (resized).jpeg8BB0E37B-9738-42AF-A21F-349709259F0C (resized).jpeg8BB0E37B-9738-42AF-A21F-349709259F0C (resized).jpeg
    #2694 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Are we doing this?

I hit him up about this and he aaid his barrel wouldn't be ready till around february.

#2695 4 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

With all the Woodinville talk, figured I need to sample it myself. Also threw in some Johnny Drum which someone recommended to me on our Twitch stream.[quoted image]

I enjoyed the Johnny Drum for the what it is, I think they have another bottle in black as well.

#2696 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

It’s great for a $20 bottle IMO.

Gone up here. A bit over 30 for the holidays.

Makes a killer Old fashioned.

#2697 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I totally agree with it’s a great bourbon for the price. Always buy a bottle when I go to the liquor store.0

#2698 4 years ago

I can’t do OGD something about the entire brand. OGD 114 is 1 of a handful of pours that was so bad I couldn’t even finish it.

Same thing goes for 1792. Never found a bottle I liked.

I’m someone wants to grab me some Woodenville, I got some EH Taylor Small Batch or Stagg Jr or just good ol’ Buffalo Trace I could do in a trade for a few bottles.
    Total Wine shows the nearest bottle 5 hours away so I doubt I’ll be able to track it down locally.

#2699 4 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

It’s worth the price...sure it bites, pour it on an ice ball and it mellows out nice with lot’s of flavor.

LOL... Yes, liquors like Old Grand Dad at $30 and 114 proof, IMO, aren't meant for drinking straight. Great for mixing cocktails.
    I mean, who's gonna drink a little Bacardi 151 on the rocks other than when partying with the Delta-Mus!

Delta Mu (resized).pngDelta Mu (resized).png

#2700 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Gone up here. A bit over 30 for the holidays.
    Makes a killer Old fashioned.

Makes for interesting pitchers of juleps at Derby time as well...or anytime, lol. . Add a little more sugar than you think you'll need over a handful of fresh mint in a pitcher, and muddle. Add a splash of club soda, and muddle a tiny bit more. Top off with the ogd114 and stir for a little bit so the bourbon acts as a solvent for the sugary mint mixture. Do not add ice to the pitcher. Pour over an ice filled metal cup, and stir for 30 seconds before topping with additional fresh mint as a garnish, and a float a splash of club soda on top. Heavenly. Super refreshing. Converted more than a few julep "haters" with this one.

After the conjured "scare" a few years ago that it was going away, the price has finally stabilized around here at $25.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon/page/54?hl=grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.