Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 235.
    #2301 4 years ago

1. Whysnow
    2. PinDelaPin
    3. Jgel
    4. DBLM
    5. Chisox
    6. Ypurchn
    7. Fulltilt
    8. ?
    9. ?
    10. ?

#2302 4 years ago

Boy oh boy theres lots going on in this drink. Had to think about the first taste but sorted it all out after the 2nd drink. Mellow initial taste then a medium oak taste on back followed up by a nice burn. This is some good shit boys and girls.

20191110_173856 (resized).jpg20191110_173856 (resized).jpg
    #2303 4 years ago
    E3CC7576-AE58-453B-B679-FF95EC8AF57C (resized).jpegE3CC7576-AE58-453B-B679-FF95EC8AF57C (resized).jpeg
    #2304 4 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

How is the new riff? Never tasted it.

It's good... I wouldn't say it is the best that I've had but better than some. Probably not something that I'll buy again as there are others priced nicely that taste better.

#2305 4 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

It's good... I wouldn't say it is the best that I've had but better than some. Probably not something that I'll buy again as there are others priced nicely that taste better.

Thanks for the insight

#2306 4 years ago

I really like New Riff Single Barrel especially store picks. Binny’s just released a store pick that’s really solid.

#2307 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I really like New Riff Single Barrel especially store picks. Binny’s just released a store pick that’s really solid.

Good to know

#2308 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Boy oh boy theres lots going on in this drink. Had to think about the first taste but sorted it all out after the 2nd drink. Mellow initial taste then a medium oak taste on back followed up by a nice burn. This is some good shit boys and girls.[quoted image]

thanks always curious in this one, if more oak taste that’s what I like. I felt like the green label Wheller which I tried for the first time this week was light and more scotch like.

#2309 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

thanks always curious in this one, if more oak taste that’s what I like. I felt like the green label Wheller which I tried for the first time this week was light and more scotch like.

All of the wellers are wheat bourbons which kind of confuses people a lot of times they don't know that theiy are wheat bourbons and they expect something else. There's not a whole lot of the oakiness in the green label Weller but is much more prevalent in the Weller antique which is the red label.

#2310 4 years ago

Here is a tale of 2 bourbons. I really for the life of me cannot understand everyones fixation on the Blantons. I will take Stagg jr or just about anything else any day of the week over this watered down nasty ass blantons. Im not sure if everyone just doesn't want to speak up and say anything for fear of bad comments but I don't care about that. I've tried 3 drinks out of this bottle and I still just find it to be a bottom shelf bourbon. The best comparison I can make is a light cigar to a full bodied cigar. Maybe to a new bourbon guy who doesn't like a full on barrel proof bottle the Blantons is a good entry drink. If its your thing hey knock your socks off enjoy it I just wanted to put this out and see what others thought. Opinions welcome good or bad it won't hurt my feelings either way. Matter of fact if anyone has anything worthwhile to trade in same price range let me know cause I have 2 additional bottles.

20191111_162638 (resized).jpg20191111_162638 (resized).jpg
    #2311 4 years ago

Count me in, great idea!

Quoted from Whysnow:

1. Whysnow
    2. PinDelaPin
    3. Jgel
    4. DBLM
    5. Chisox
    6. Ypurchn
    7. Fulltilt
    8. Kkuoppamaki
    9. ?
    10. ?

#2312 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I really for the life of me cannot understand everyones fixation on the Blantons. I will take Stagg jr or just about anything else any day of the week over this watered down nasty ass blantons.

I know what you're not getting for Christmas. (:

#2313 4 years ago

I find Blantons to be ok but not with the hype trying to find it (not readily found around here for some reason). For the price point, I think there are better bourbons.

I know everybody on here likes the Stagg Jr but it did nothing for me. The one that I had had alcohol but no flavor. If I want high proof, I much prefer Bookers.

Sprained my ankle today so drinking some Blood Oath 4. Doing a much better job for me vs the Advil.

#2314 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I find Blantons to be ok but not with the hype trying to find it (not readily found around here for some reason). For the price point, I think there are better bourbons.
    I know everybody on here likes the Stagg Jr but it did nothing for me. The one that I had had alcohol but no flavor. If I want high proof, I much prefer Bookers.
    Sprained my ankle today so drinking some Blood Oath 4. Doing a much better job for me vs the Advil.

Amazing how much better the bourbon helps healing

#2315 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I know what you're not getting for Christmas. (:

Not sure whats going on around here Don but another place had the Old Dominicks on the shelf today so I scored another bottle. Fantastic stuff!!

#2316 4 years ago

Blanton’s is fine. It’s pretty middle of the road in most regards (proof, flavor, etc) so it seems to be a gateway bourbon for lots of people. Paying $80-$100 on secondary is ludicrous. If you want to taste the full expression track down a bottle of SFTB. That stuff is legit great. Gold is pretty damn good too.

#2317 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Amazing how much better the bourbon helps healing

Feeling very little pain at this time.

#2318 4 years ago

1. Whysnow
    2. PinDelaPin
    3. Jgel
    4. DBLM
    5. Chisox
    6. Ypurchn
    7. Fulltilt
    8. Kkuoppamaki
    9. ?
    10. ?

2 more needed to make the fun happen. Come on in! The burbs tastes great. Hell I hope this happens as I already bought the likely present this past week when i was at a fav liquor store in Antioch IL

#2319 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

All of the wellers are wheat bourbons which kind of confuses people a lot of times they don't know that theiy are wheat bourbons and they expect something else. There's not a whole lot of the oakiness in the green label Weller but is much more prevalent in the Weller antique which is the red label.

Thanks for the info, Appreciate it, with that being said on your comment below do you think I would like Stagg Jr more as next on my list of new ones to try.

#2320 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Stagg Jr also didn't do much for me, Bookers on the other hand is really good. Haven't tried Blantons yet...

#2321 4 years ago

I guess this is not a true bourbon but I feel it is close enough and I really like it.

IMG_20191111_210348_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20191111_210348_01 (resized).jpg
    #2322 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

1. Whysnow
    2. PinDelaPin
    3. Jgel
    4. DBLM
    5. Chisox
    6. Ypurchn
    7. Fulltilt
    8. Kkuoppamaki
    9. ?
    10. ?
    2 more needed to make the fun happen. Come on in! The burbs tastes great. Hell I hope this happens as I already bought the likely present this past week when i was at a fav liquor store in Antioch IL

Ok-why not have 2 entries from the metropolis of Frankfort...in.

#2323 4 years ago

Stagg jr does nothing for me personally.

Blantons was good at 30 a bottle. More than that and ill pass. I like blantons but just consider it a daily drinker when it comes around.

#2324 4 years ago

1. Whysnow
    2. PinDelaPin
    3. Jgel
    4. DBLM
    5. Chisox
    6. Ypurchn
    7. Fulltilt
    8. Kkuoppamaki
    9. Bowz
    10. ?

#2325 4 years ago
    Quoted from bowz:

Ok-why not have 2 entries from the metropolis of Frankfort...in.

Holy shit a Bowz sighting...how you been man? We need to hang.

#2326 4 years ago

1 slot left. Once filled i will random draw each persons secret santa.

I will request a PM from each of you titled "Bourbon SS"
    In the body of the PM I need
    1. Full Name
    2. Shipping address
    3. Fav bourbons or Preferred burbons in the $50 range if you would like to note your taste profile. Acceptable to leave blank if you like surprises and prefer it that way.
    4. Anything you really don't like. Feel free to note or leave blank also

I will provide this info to each person's santa so they can shop.

The rules are simple. You buy your person a bourbon that cost you $50 give or take a couple bucks ( feel free to go over, but don't be a cheap skate). Any size bottle is fine so long as you are hitting that price point. Please shop for something you like, maybe a local or rare for them, and something you hope your person will like. Encouaged to buy something they may not have tried or even something you may not normally buy for yourself.

You cover the additonal for packing and shipping. Pack it well and have it shipped on or before Dec Sixth. This should give ample time to shop and also ensure presents arrive before the holidays.

Last thing, Be thankful. everyone is asked to post a picture when your present arrives. Open it up, have a pour, and let us know what you like about it.

Cheers and have fun!

#2327 4 years ago

I’ll take the last spot!

#2328 4 years ago

Woohoo! Excited for this. Thanks for lining this up @whysnow.

#2329 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

I’ll take the last spot!

Oh Shit... game on.

#2330 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Thanks for the info, Appreciate it, with that being said on your comment below do you think I would like Stagg Jr more as next on my list of new ones to try.

Sounds to me that you would prefer a heavier bodied bourbon whether that is Stagg jr or Bookers is up to you. Seems as though a lot of people aren't fans of the Stagg jr but I find it to be very good along with the Bookers as well. You may also like some Old Forester offerings especially the new single barrel they have just recently released. Good Luck!

#2331 4 years ago

I lost this thread for a bit. Not sure how but I did. Getting ready to crack these Thursday! Can't wait

20191107_211308 (resized).jpg20191107_211308 (resized).jpg
    #2332 4 years ago

1. Whysnow
    2. PinDelaPin
    3. Jgel
    4. DBLM
    5. Chisox
    6. Ypurchn
    7. Fulltilt
    8. Kkuoppamaki
    9. Bowz
    10. TKDalumni

All spots taken. Please each send me a PM today with the below content. I will organize and do random draw as soon as I have each persons info.

Title the PM "Bourbon SS"
    In the body of the PM I need
    1. Full Name
    2. Shipping address
    3. Fav bourbons or Preferred burbons in the $50 range if you would like to note your taste profile. Acceptable to leave blank if you like surprises and prefer it that way.
    4. Anything you really don't like. Feel free to note or leave blank also

#2333 4 years ago

PM sent to those that have not seen and sent me one already.

Please get me info by tonight so I can make stuff happen.

#2334 4 years ago

Just waiting on 3 more to get info and then I will randomize and send out info to each.

#2335 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Just waiting on 3 more to get info and then I will randomize and send out info to each.

I can't wait I made a very special request list of my favorite regular old run of the mill bourbons that are easily accessible and right around the $50 price point. George T Stagg, William Larue Weller, Pappy 23yr, Heaven Hill 27yr. Anyone of these will do i'm not too awful picky

#2336 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Just waiting on 3 more to get info

Just sent you the info. Sorry for being slow

#2337 4 years ago

just got my SS info! let's do this!

big thanks to Whysnow for organizing.

#2338 4 years ago

cheers!

All santa info has been sent. Most had suggestions of what they like/ don't like. Those suggestions are simply a guide to help you! Dont feel pressured to get anything specific. This is your gift to give. What really matters is the thought.

I suggest having a little fun with it, do some internet stalking to see what they like, and make it something special.

This is going to be fun!

PLEASE PM me once you ship your gift so I know. DO NOT POST IN THE THREAD WHEN SHIPPED (that can ruin the surprise for some).

Please ship by Dec 6th at latest.

When you receive your bottle it is requested that you post a picture of the present, open the bottle, and post your review. Bourbon is for drinking so swing it and let us know what you think. Your santa will enjoy hearing from you.
    Feel free to open and enjoy as soon as you receive OR feel free to wait til your traditional holiday present opening.

Enjoy and THANKS for all that participated!

#2339 4 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2340 4 years ago

I’m in Hawaii on Oahu this week for a wedding, and surprisingly, BT and ER are PLENTIFUL here, and in nearly every ABC store. And priced well, too.

Back home in New England, while certainly available, they are getting harder to find.

The selections of scotch and Japanese whiskies are also outstanding, I’ve seen things here on the shelf at Target no less, that I would never see on a shelf back home.

I’m heading up to the north shore for some surfing in the morning, and plan on hitting a few liquor stores outside the touristy Waikiki areas to see if anything “interesting” is just hanging out...

#2341 4 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

and surprisingly, BT and ER are PLENTIFUL here

BT - Booker's T?, Blanton's Ten?, Buffalo Trace, Bill's Terrific?
    ER - Elmer Rebel?, Eddie's Revenge, Eagle Rare, Earl Rrrrr..rr..

It's a Pinside thing right?

#2342 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

BT - Booker's T?, Blanton's Ten?, Buffalo Trace, Bill's Terrific?
    ER - Elmer Rebel?, Eddie's Revenge, Eagle Rare, Earl Rrrrr..rr..
    It's a Pinside thing right?

I’m clueless

#2344 4 years ago

Thanks! Now I know what everyone’s talking about lol. I know now that I’m still waiting on my JPPREM

#2345 4 years ago

I sometimes forget that this is a pinball enthusiast forum and not a bourbon one, lol...

BT = Buffalo Trace
    ER = Eagle Rare

I don’t think I’ve been in an ABC here that didn’t have LOADS of either on the shelf, which is quite different than back home. Neither are unobtainium by any means, but you may have to hit 4-5 different stores to find a bottle of either, which is nuts, considering both sat in shelves a short while ago. Now a particular store’s allocation of a couple bottles is gone in a day. For regular old BT and ER.

#2346 4 years ago

I was in Maui and Kuai this summer... didn’t find anything special on the islands.
    Had a great time though

#2347 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Sounds to me that you would prefer a heavier bodied bourbon whether that is Stagg jr or Bookers is up to you. Seems as though a lot of people aren't fans of the Stagg jr but I find it to be very good along with the Bookers as well. You may also like some Old Forester offerings especially the new single barrel they have just recently released. Good Luck!

Yes that’s me. Like the color darker too. Have not tried Stagg Jr but have and Bookers in the past but need to try again. As for Old Forester see one of my post above as did not like the past one we bought.

#2348 4 years ago

I picked this up from an estate sale for free.
    It was still sealed, and it was bottled around 1974.
    I know it's not top shelf, but the price was right.

IMG_9517 (resized).JPGIMG_9517 (resized).JPG
    #2349 4 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

I picked this up from an estate sale for free.
    It was still sealed, and it was bottled around 1974.
    I know it's not top shelf, but the price was right.[quoted image]

Crack that baby open and see how it tastes.

#2350 4 years ago

had a question about the SSanta.

Everyone has somebody different. I did a random number pick with serial exclusions to pick each persons Santa.

You are NOT buying for the person that is buying for you. This keeps it all a surprise for everyone.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon/page/47?hl=grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.