Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 235.
    #2251 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Friday couldn't have come at a better time. Damn this is some good stuff. Let's get this shindig started![quoted image]

A fave! Even up here in Canada

#2252 4 years ago
    Quoted from GoodManners:

A fave! Even up here in Canada

Curious what does that bottle cost you way up north? It's very difficult to come by down here and if I see it theres a 1 bottle limit per person on it and its usually right around $100 which seems to be getting to be a normal for these 12yr and above bottles.

#2253 4 years ago

hey all you boubon drinking fools.

Have you seen this thread?
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-2019-secret-santa-program-sign-up-through-nov-15th-now-clo

Would you want to do something similar/ seperate for us Bourbon folks?
    Thinking $50 bottle minimum/expectation and emphasis on gifting something you like/local/rare/your secret person likes (do your research in the thread). Gift giver takes car of shipping expenses.

If we can get 10 people at minimum then I would organize on the back end.

Post up with a number if you are in...

1. Whysnow

#2254 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-2019-secret-santa-program-sign-up-through-nov-15th-now-clo
    Thinking $50 bottle minimum/expectation and emphasis on gifting something you like/local/rare/your secret person likes (do your research in the thread). Gift giver takes car of shipping expenses.
    1. Whysnow

I'm in #2. I've always dreamed of a big 1.75 jug of Old Crow glistening in the lights of my Christmas tree.

#2255 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

1. Whysnow

Just an FYI for everyone, I've shipped a few bottles recently via UPS, shipping cost alone was $20. Add an additional $5-7 for packaging, etc. Just to set expectations for everyone.

#2256 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Just an FYI for everyone, I've shipped a few bottles recently via UPS, shipping cost alone was $20. Add an additional $5-7 for packaging, etc. Just to set expectations for everyone.

Yeah you should definitely bypass ups at all costs most things that show up from my house when using them generally require a claim because they're broken. I have been using the post office here lately just wrapped in bubble wrap and on the outside write "Lab test samples". Works everytime right Don?

#2257 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

I usually ship via UPS, but that is right about spot on. Can be a little less if shipping to a commercial address, and if you have an account. You can also save 10%-20% by using any of the readily searchable coupons and sending it out from Staples (they ship UPS). While it isn't exactly major contraband, shipping booze across state lines is highly frowned upon, and USPS being a quasi-federal agency has the power to screw you if they figure out what's inside the package. Fed-Ex/UPS will simply confiscate or return the package to you if they figure out what's inside, but the level of risk of any of this is extremely low.

For a single 750, "normal" shaped bottle, the inflatable wine shippers are awesome, then double wrap in a liquid tight bag (kitchen garbage bag/trash can liner/etc.) and stuff the rest of the box tightly with crumpled newspaper. I always add a "rattler" to the package, aka a box of store brand mac & cheese, to disguise the "glug" sound. I always declare Legos and olive oil/maple syrup/homemade barbeque sauce/etc. Shipping this time of year (or in the extremes of summer) can be an added risk, as packages can sit overnight in unheated/cooled hub warehouses, and the in trailers themselves, causing bottles to burst. Adding lots of crumpled newspaper acts as insulation as well as padding. I tend to ship on Mondays so packages aren't stuck over a weekend in a freezing/burning terminal. Depending on bottle cost, or if you're extra paranoid, double box and pack with more crumpled newspaper around the inner box. I've shipped hundreds of bottles, and have never had one confiscated or break.

#2258 4 years ago

Ran into dear Uncle Nearest. A fine Tennessee gentleman.

IMG_6820 (resized).jpegIMG_6820 (resized).jpeg

#2259 4 years ago

anyone want to grab #3 ?

#2260 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I have been using the post office here lately just wrapped in bubble wrap and on the outside write "Lab test samples". Works everytime right Don?

I was kinda' looking out for the CDC for several days... worked great though.

#2261 4 years ago

I'm in #3

#2262 4 years ago

2019 B vrs C batch battle! C came out on top. Both are very good but C is most impressive at this proof.

74BC2F7E-52D8-47CF-8274-4904B93A4928 (resized).jpeg74BC2F7E-52D8-47CF-8274-4904B93A4928 (resized).jpeg
    #2263 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I was kinda' looking out for the CDC for several days... worked great though.

I haven't forgot about you on the "Genesis" sample either just been busy. You will see something in the nxt week or 2 show up for sure.

#2264 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I haven't forgot about you on the "Genesis" sample either just been busy. You will see something in the nxt week or 2 show up for sure.

Thanks! You don't have to do that.. I'm hoping it will show up here sooner or later!

#2265 4 years ago

Nummy nummy nummy nummy!!

20191106_143108 (resized).jpg20191106_143108 (resized).jpg
    #2266 4 years ago

Do we have a #4?

#2267 4 years ago

It’s the end of another bottle before the birthday tomorrow. I see others on here liked certain Old Forester but for me and one of my best friends we could not find any enjoyment or taste since we bought this one. Too light and just bland. Do t worry tomorrow we will find a good one for 42nd Bday.

4DF13B3F-C1A7-4909-88C6-22559FFA1FF3 (resized).jpeg4DF13B3F-C1A7-4909-88C6-22559FFA1FF3 (resized).jpeg
    #2268 4 years ago

Pretty excited to land one of these i've heard really good things about this bottle.

20191108_084027 (resized).jpg20191108_084027 (resized).jpg
    #2269 4 years ago

1. Whysnow
    2. PinDelaPin
    3. Jgel

I will give this till Nov 22 to see if we can get 10 people on board.

#2270 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

1. Whysnow
    2. PinDelaPin
    3. Jgel
    I will give this till Nov 22 to see if we can get 10 people on board.

Maryland does not allow shipping of booze. What are the best ways that you have seen people get around this? If I can figure out a good solution, count me in.

#2271 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Maryland does not allow shipping of booze. What are the best ways that you have seen people get around this? If I can figure out a good solution, count me in.

fedex or UPS, NOT USPS.

Zero problem from the booze trades I have made (esp when just 1 750ml bottle)
    Wrap it extra well in a bubble wrap and extra paper. Declare as home made BBQ sauce if asked (I have never been asked)

When they say, liquid, fragile, perishable, etc...? Just say no.

There is some minimal risk that the bottle will never show up, but nothing else.

#2272 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

No shipping booze in Ohio

#2273 4 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

No shipping booze in Ohio

There is no shipping booze anywhere you have to have a license but you're also not supposed to speed. Just wrap it up in bubble wrap stuff it with newspaper seal it up and send it on its way. I don't even know how many bottles I've shipped and gotten sent to me with no problems.

#2274 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

There is no shipping booze anywhere you have to have a license but you're also not supposed to speed. Just wrap it up in bubble wrap stuff it with newspaper seal it up and send it on its way. I don't even know how many bottles I've shipped and gotten sent to me with no problems.

the correct answer.

Honestly this is zero real life issue. Bourbon traders are shipping bottle all over all the time.
    there are whole forums and websites dedicated to it.

#2275 4 years ago

Thanks for the advice. Count me in as 4.

#2276 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Thanks for the advice. Count me in as 4.

1. Whysnow
    2. PinDelaPin
    3. Jgel
    4. DBLM
    5. ?
    6. ?
    7. ?
    8. ?
    9. ?
    10. ?

#2277 4 years ago

I’ll do the SS thing I’ve used USPS with much luck over the years and it’s cheaper. The inflatable wine things are awesome.

#2278 4 years ago

Happy Friday gents (and gals). I haven’t bought a bottle of Booker’s since 2017. Heard a lot of good things about the Ham.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #2279 4 years ago

1. Whysnow
    2. PinDelaPin
    3. Jgel
    4. DBLM
    5. Chisox
    6. ?
    7. ?
    8. ?
    9. ?
    10. ?

Half way there, maybe a few more will have a pour tonight and jump in once they get a little liquid love.

#2280 4 years ago

How is that Noe Secret? A BBQ place near me has a special Private Stash Bourbon dinners where they offer you like 5-6 courses plus 5-6 bourbons. They serve Pappy 15 year, Noe Secret, Barterhouse, and a few others.

"The experience of a bourbon dinner is one that everyone should have—perfect for those well-versed in bourbon as well as novices, and everyone in between. Each dish will feature bourbon in both the culinary aspect and the hand pour. With five succulent courses, beginning with a charcuterie board and moving through to an oyster truffle chowder, and onto courses featuring duck and pork shank, the evening is crafted with every detail in mind."

#2281 4 years ago

I only come to pinside for this thread. Sold off most of my pins except for a few that I’ve had for 20+ years.
    Count me in at number 6
    Someone is getting an awesome “candle” shipped to them.

#2282 4 years ago

That BIB heaven hill is sitting on shelves here along with Stagg Jr if anyone wants a candle before thanksgiving
    I concur with the fact that shipping candles is expensive and usually runs ~$25 after shipping and materials.

#2283 4 years ago

1. Whysnow
    2. PinDelaPin
    3. Jgel
    4. DBLM
    5. Chisox
    6. Ypurchn
    7. ?
    8. ?
    9. ?
    10. ?

#2284 4 years ago

Last call for my tired old ass. Have a good weekend guys.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #2285 4 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

That BIB heaven hill is sitting on shelves here along with Stagg Jr if anyone wants a candle before thanksgiving
    I concur with the fact that shipping candles is expensive and usually runs ~$25 after shipping and materials.

The new 7 yr BIB? I think it’s allocated up here which is crazy. I liked getting the 6yr that was KY only because it felt like it was bootlegged or something. $13 for a good BIB bourbon was too good to be true.

#2286 4 years ago

Well I guess that makes me lucky 7 on the list. (:

#2287 4 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

That BIB heaven hill is sitting on shelves here along with Stagg Jr

What is the Stagg Jr. going for? Can't find that anywhere around me.

#2288 4 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

What is the Stagg Jr. going for? Can't find that anywhere around me.

I got some around here. It’s like 59 a bottle I think.

#2289 4 years ago

Finally tried Kentucky Owl bourbon last night for my bday, it was $30 bucks a poor and I enjoyed it. Warmed me up inside. Also tried the green bottle label Weller I have seen on here which was $18 on the rocks but did not enjoy it at all, much more like a scotch to me. Had a few other regulars C. Taylor and new favorite Window Jane.

#2290 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

I got some around here. It’s like 59 a bottle I think.

Usually goes for $69 a bottle around me and thats if you can actually find it. I really enjoy Stagg jr but have never had the big boy Stagg yet.

#2291 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

The new 7 yr BIB? I think it’s allocated up here which is crazy. I liked getting the 6yr that was KY only because it felt like it was bootlegged or something. $13 for a good BIB bourbon was too good to be true.

I scored that one bottle of the Heaven Hill 7-year BIB and my guy said he only got one case and if I hadn't asked him about it back in August he would not have saved one bottle for me. Apparently it is extremely difficult to come by around here so im shocked to hear its just sitting on the shelf. What is the price that they are asking for it?

#2292 4 years ago

My most expensive buy

IMG_20191109_161141 (resized).jpgIMG_20191109_161141 (resized).jpg
    #2293 4 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

My most expensive buy[quoted image]

Money well spent my man its delicious

#2294 4 years ago

Today's haul.

15733406675783364721091030804397 (resized).jpg15733406675783364721091030804397 (resized).jpg
    #2295 4 years ago

Hate when this happens!

20191103_135725 (resized).jpg20191103_135725 (resized).jpg
    #2296 4 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Today's haul.[quoted image]

How is the new riff? Never tasted it.

#2297 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Hate when this happens![quoted image]

End of bottle blues

#2298 4 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Today's haul.[quoted image]

Nice, Burning Chair is a favorite of mine

#2299 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

1. Whysnow
    2. PinDelaPin
    3. Jgel
    4. DBLM
    5. Chisox
    6. Ypurchn
    7. ?
    8. ?
    9. ?
    10. ?

Come on yall. Just need 4 more to make this a reality...

You are going to buy it to drink anyway, so might as well have some fun and buy a fav for another pinhead to enjoy. Hell, you may figure out a new favorite from what you get.

I mean no pressure, but buck up!

#2300 4 years ago

You missed me as #7

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon/page/46?hl=grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.