3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,309 posts
  • 160 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by PinDeLaPin
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 819 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E3CC7576-AE58-453B-B679-FF95EC8AF57C (resized).jpeg
    20191110_173856 (resized).jpg
    20191103_135725 (resized).jpg
    15733406675783364721091030804397 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191109_161141 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20191108_084027 (resized).jpg
    4DF13B3F-C1A7-4909-88C6-22559FFA1FF3 (resized).jpeg
    20191106_143108 (resized).jpg
    74BC2F7E-52D8-47CF-8274-4904B93A4928 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6820 (resized).jpeg
    20191106_091931 (resized).jpg
    2B524C2C-751E-4B11-BB6D-B74B8FF77F32 (resized).jpeg
    00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191104162621924_COVER (resized).jpg
    20191104_151356 (resized).jpg

There are 2309 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 47.
    #2101 23 days ago

What is a fair price for a bottle of stag in the USA? I can get one for about 450us in New Zealand.

#2102 23 days ago
    Quoted from clg:

What is a fair price for a bottle of stag in the USA? I can get one for about 500us in New Zealand.

Would you be talking George T or Jr.?

#2103 23 days ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Would you be talking George T or Jr.?

George T.

#2104 23 days ago

Depending on the year George T. is $119 retail (?) and $400 secondary.The 2018 is the best whiskey I’ve ever had and is the only bottle I’d consider at that price point.

#2105 23 days ago

Found myself three RR store picks today. Two of them are an elusive barrel I’ve been chasing and for me felt like finding two bottles of Pappy 15 on the shelf. Cheers!

image (resized).jpg
    #2106 23 days ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Depending on the year George T. is $119 retail (?) and $400 secondary.The 2018 is the best whiskey I’ve ever had and is the only bottle I’d consider at that price point.

Thanks. I will never get it at retail over here that's for sure!

#2107 23 days ago
    Quoted from clg:

Thanks. I will never get it at retail over here that's for sure!

We don’t get it here either. I’ve heard some crazy prices for American whiskey down there so $450 isn’t that bad considering.

#2108 23 days ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

We don’t get it here either. I’ve heard some crazy prices for American whiskey down there so $450 isn’t that bad considering.

That's not too awful bad at all considering I was told by 1 shop owner whenever he gets his 2 allocated bottles he is putting an $800 price tag on each of his.

#2109 23 days ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Found myself three RR store picks today. Two of them are an elusive barrel I’ve been chasing and for me felt like finding two bottles of Pappy 15 on the shelf. Cheers![quoted image]

Russell's reserve is a very good 10yr bourbon for the money, curious though what is this certain elusive barrel and what makes it so special?

#2110 23 days ago
    Quoted from Forum-ninja:

Bookers ‘country ham’ is a must buy. Best batch in a while. I will be in Kentucky in a week,hope I can come back with something special.[quoted image]

How is that WT Kentucky Spiriit? I've been tempted a few times to pick it up but just haven't pulled the trugger on it.

#2111 23 days ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

That's not too awful bad at all considering I was told by 1 shop owner whenever he gets his 2 allocated bottles he is putting an $800 price tag on each of his.

That is a ridiculous price. Stagg is good but is nowhere near my favorite. I could by several high end bottles for the same price and be much happier.

#2112 23 days ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

That is a ridiculous price. Stagg is good but is nowhere near my favorite. I could by several high end bottles for the same price and be much happier.

I totally agree with you and would never shell out that kind of money on a single bottle. The most I've ever dropped was $225 for a bottle of 18yr Elijah Craig and that was a hard pill to swallow. It was absolutely amazing though.

#2113 23 days ago

Some friends won a fancy dinner/drinks party at a downtown hotel here in Milwaukee and invited us along. We got to the bar and they had a list of spirits that included around 10-15 bourbons. Most of the usual suspects. At the very bottom there was a section with two "special" bourbons. One of them was weller antique 107 and I think the other one was a knob creek variety. I asked the server if they really had the weller and she responded that they had gotten to select their own barrel and they did indeed have it. I'd never had it before so I figured I'd give it a try. I have to say it was pretty tasty.

The best part is that we were told that drinks were "on the house" as part of the experience so I got to try the weller for free. Can't beat that. I believe it was marked at $16 on the menu. I liked it enough that I had two

#2114 22 days ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I won't say what I pay for some of that Scottish whiskey here in the US. (:

#2115 22 days ago
    15715180822486087991839584383091 (resized).jpg
    #2116 22 days ago

I hadn't picked up a Jack Daniels in quite a while.... but oh boy, this one I like!
    Hang on to your butt!

IMG_6574 (resized).jpeg

#2117 22 days ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

The '18 George T. at a fraction over $400 I thought was a great whiskey. I'd buy it again... might have to, this one's almost gone.

#2118 22 days ago

Kentucky's finest.

15715264963998890687934915734144 (resized).jpg
    #2119 22 days ago

Man I forgot how good this Wilderness Trail is. Cheers!

20191019_182242 (resized).jpg
    #2120 22 days ago

Nothing mind blowing here, but there is plenty of it! The Russel's Reserve 10 has become my day to day. It's under $30 a bottle and I think the quality for the price is pretty good. Wild Turkey was the bourbon I drank the most of back in my younger days, so it's no surprise that I like the Russel's so much.

IMG-0038 (resized).jpg
    #2121 22 days ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

Nothing mind blowing here, but there is plenty of it! The Russel's Reserve 10 has become my day to day. It's under $30 a bottle and I think the quality for the price is pretty good. Wild Turkey was the bourbon I drank the most of back in my younger days, so it's no surprise that I like the Russel's so much.[quoted image]

As long as what you have makes you happy who cares right?

#2122 22 days ago

Man, I hate this state. I went to the state store today to get some wine and saw 5 bottles of Henry McKenna. This has been $29.99 for a while. Now it is $49.99. Also, Elmer T Lee was released this week online and sold out in 3 mins. You guys are so lucky to live somewhere where your State is not in the liquor business.

#2123 22 days ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

Man, I hate this state. I went to the state store today to get some wine and saw 5 bottles of Henry McKenna. This has been $29.99 for a while. Now it is $49.99. Also, Elmer T Lee was released this week online and sold out in 3 mins. You guys are so lucky to live somewhere where your State is not in the liquor business.

Yeah man I guess so. Until coming to this group I never even knew states controlled liquor. Here in Missouri you get booze everywhere, walmart, grocery stores, liquor stores and gas stations. The thought of only being able to buy booze at a state run store is very foreign to me.

#2124 22 days ago

Man it's that way everywhere. My local mom and pop got the regular Sarezac rye in and they are charging $79.99 for a $30 bottle. I went yesterday to the chain store to pick up a Stranahans Diamond Peak and Alpine spur and just for the hell of it I was going to grab a bottle of Crown harvest rye even though not a fan of the Canadian stuff. Too sweet for my tastes. I just wanted a cheap rye to try. Well it's sold out everywhere already because it was just named rye of the year by Jim Murray. I'm really starting to hate that a**hole! It's ridiculous whiskey has become the new beanie baby craze for those old enough to remember that. I'm convinced there's no way that many people actually drink Whiskey. It's about the hunt and finding the next coveted bottle to flip..

#2125 22 days ago
    Quoted from flashsmith:

Man it's that way everywhere. My local mom and pop got the regular Sarezac rye in and they are charging $79.99 for a $30 bottle. I went yesterday to the chain store to pick up a Stranahans Diamond Peak and Alpine spur and just for the hell of it I was going to grab a bottle of Crown harvest rye even though not a fan of the Canadian stuff. Too sweet for my tastes. I just wanted a cheap rye to try. Well it's sold out everywhere already because it was just named rye of the year by Jim Murray. I'm really starting to hate that a**hole! It's ridiculous whiskey has become the new beanie baby craze for those old enough to remember that. I'm convinced there's no way that many people actually drink Whiskey. It's about the hunt and finding the next coveted bottle to flip..

Very much agree...I am slowly enjoying my way thru my collection, many bottles yet to open. It was fun collecting them but has gotten stupid. Once I thin out enough I am just going to restock what I enjoy and is easy to find.

#2126 22 days ago

Turning into a big fan of this stuff.

20191020_142514 (resized).jpg
    #2127 21 days ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

What a bizarre take. I agree PA prices are a couple dollars more than I can find in Delaware or Maryland but...

1. PA has online real-time inventory that is correct every morning
    2. PA has online sales where you can have harder to find stuff shipped to your local store for pickup
    3. PA is one of the few states (in know VA also does this) where residents have an honest lottery chance to score very high end bottles. If you create an account and give your email they will notify you whenever there is a drawing, sign up for all of them and worry about how to pay for the $3000 Pappy package if they pull your name.

As far has McKenna being $50 when it was $30 last year, that extra $20 is probably going to Heaven Hill, not the State of Pennsylvania

#2128 20 days ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

What a bizarre take. I agree PA prices are a couple dollars more than I can find in Delaware or Maryland but...

1. PA has online real-time inventory that is correct every morning
    2. PA has online sales where you can have harder to find stuff shipped to your local store for pickup
    3. PA is one of the few states (in know VA also does this) where residents have an honest lottery chance to score very high end bottles. If you create an account and give your email they will notify you whenever there is a drawing, sign up for all of them and worry about how to pay for the $3000 Pappy package if they pull your name.

As far has McKenna being $50 when it was $30 last year, that extra $20 is probably going to Heaven Hill, not the State of Pennsylvania

Not really that bizarre if you lived here. You make it sound like we are lucky that the state controls all liquor.

1. This is true, but there is never something rare or hard to find in stores. Weller, Willits, Elmer etc are never in stock in stores.
    2. Good luck with that. I wait for the 3rd Thursday every month. Anything worth getting is sold out in seconds and/or the site crashes. It sounds great in practice but fails to deliver month after month.
    3. Again sounds great. I have been in every lottery for the past 4 years and so has my brother and 4 other friends. Not once has any of us ever been selected for a single bottle. Better luck getting tickets for the Master than scoring a PA lottery pick.

I will agree that the McKenna seems to have gone up everywhere.

#2129 20 days ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Russell's reserve is a very good 10yr bourbon for the money, curious though what is this certain elusive barrel and what makes it so special?

It’s a store (Binny’s) pick. Binny’s head whiskey guys selected 4 barrels for their store. Two were great, one was decent, the fourth was trash. One of the good ones has been eluding me (most bottles went to stores way north of me). I found two bottles of barrel#31 and they’re fan-fucking-tastic.

#2130 20 days ago

Spent the weekend in Austin and drank a lot of good stuff. This was probably the highlight, 2016 Booker’s Rye. 138 proof rye that made my eyes roll like a slot machine. Best rye I’ve ever had and a GOAT whiskey contender for me.

E54F6ED1-4615-4E18-9AD4-217306BFA3C0 (resized).jpeg
    #2131 20 days ago

Anybody in the mood for some Country Ham? Just poured a few fingers and it is delicious!

FBCB48E3-FB42-4796-97AB-478B540F990A (resized).jpeg
    #2132 20 days ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Anybody in the mood for some Country Ham? Just poured a few fingers and it is delicious![quoted image]

Sure isn't anything wrong with a little day drinking especially with a good pour!

#2133 20 days ago

A couple new bottles to add to my collection. If you get to nashville stop by the Pennigton distillery and pick some up cause it is very good stuff. This "Genesis" bottle is a special edition they put in barrels 5 years ago and i'm looking forward to cracking it open.

20191022_142043 (resized).jpg
    #2134 19 days ago

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Booker’s Country Ham is fantastic! If you like strong, kick ass bourbon, buy it!

That is all.

#2135 19 days ago

Someone please help me. I have Bourbon Acquisition Syndrome (BAS) and there’s no known cure.

image (resized).jpg
    #2136 19 days ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Someone please help me. I have Bourbon Acquisition Syndrome (BAS) and there’s no known cure.[quoted image]

The cure is simple! Start drinking more!

#2137 19 days ago

I think I better sit back, have a drink and eat some cake.

67FB2774-E7DC-47A9-9FA8-BC1829B9846B (resized).jpeg

#2138 19 days ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I think I better sit back, have a drink and eat some cake.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

I think I can, I think I can.... Good thing you have some fine stuff there to wash down that cake.

#2139 19 days ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Someone please help me. I have Bourbon Acquisition Syndrome (BAS) and there’s no known cure.[quoted image]

Ahh you dog!! Ive been looking high and low for that OF single barrel. When you crack it open post the results of how it is.

#2140 19 days ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

How is that WT Kentucky Spiriit? I've been tempted a few times to pick it up but just haven't pulled the trugger on it.

It’s a special barrel pick,so it may taste different than the normal stuff.Rare breed is excellent in my opinion,I prefer it over the Kentucky spirit.
    Lots of barrel picks going on here.Wild Turkey has started to take up a lot of space in my collection.

2B244D90-7A6C-443C-BC9B-C7D660068131 (resized).jpeg751053F8-DAE7-4EF4-A521-61F743EC9437 (resized).jpeg
    #2141 19 days ago
    1036FC89-0311-4D74-B9CF-66458B7CC822 (resized).jpeg
    #2142 18 days ago

Needed a refill on McKenna and stumbled on this A Midwinter Nights Dram Limited Engagement. Any thought on the High West?

E1A90095-6FF7-41A1-8C67-CA808EBBA8EC (resized).jpeg
    #2143 18 days ago
    Quoted from Forum-ninja:

Rare breed is excellent in my opinion,I prefer it over the Kentucky spirit.

Agreed! It’s so good.

2012664A-D5D9-49DE-AD14-065AD1DD5433 (resized).jpeg
    #2144 18 days ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Needed a refill on McKenna and stumbled on this A Midwinter Nights Dram Limited Engagement. Any thought on the High West?[quoted image]

I like High West alot....now that one is on the sweeter side, I did not 'love' it when I first opened it, but it has oxidised into a decent pour when you are in the mood for whisky and have a sweet tooth.

#2145 18 days ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Needed a refill on McKenna and stumbled on this A Midwinter Nights Dram Limited Engagement. Any thought on the High West?[quoted image]

I was talking to a guy yesterday who swore by a Midwinter nights dram. But at $100-150 a bottle it has to be amazing to get me interested. Would love to hear your feedback on it

#2146 18 days ago
    Quoted from Forum-ninja:

It’s a special barrel pick,so it may taste different than the normal stuff.Rare breed is excellent in my opinion,I prefer it over the Kentucky spirit.
    Lots of barrel picks going on here.Wild Turkey has started to take up a lot of space in my collection.[quoted image][quoted image]

I bought that 0231 barrel last week. It’s pretty tasty, lots of cherry cola going on. I agree about the RR store picks and am currently stuffing my barracks with them. I think I’m up to 14 with more to come. Even the mediocre ones are better than 95% of the stuff on the shelf.

#2147 18 days ago
    Quoted from swillie:

I like High West alot....now that one is on the sweeter side, I did not 'love' it when I first opened it, but it has oxidised into a decent pour when you are in the mood for whisky and have a sweet tooth.

Have to disagree, tried many kinds and posted here always but Absolutely hated High West tried the blue label with rabbits to my memory, just light and not tasteful.

#2148 18 days ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

I can only give an opinion on the one I have. Wow,where to start,very complex,like a roller coaster and changes from sip to sip. It is different in a good way,worth trying and owning in my opinion.

C551991D-7D1E-4962-BE0C-3BD1C9EC9393 (resized).jpeg
    #2149 18 days ago

Yesterday’s haul,the one in the middle is going to Kentucky with me tomorrow.Everyone at the meet up is bring something different to try. I am bringing widow Jane 10,little book3 and the applewood rye. It will be interesting what I come back with,going hunting after all the tours.

B04DEB7E-77CD-408D-9F0A-D002D9A30E91 (resized).jpeg2CC39B8F-C2AB-479E-AD6B-DB4F9E6C9A94 (resized).jpeg
    #2150 18 days ago

So you think you MIGHT like MWND?

Instead of spending the new normal price of $99-$199, I would suggest pouring an ounce-and-a-half of Rittenhouse BIB Rye ($24)/Wild Turkey 101 Rye (if you're feeling frisky, $24) and adding a couple drops of a Ruby Port Wine ($15, will last a loooooonnnnggggg time if this is how you intend to use it). Let it sit for a few minutes before consuming.

Don't feel like spending the money on port you may never drink again? Add a few drops of your favorite merlot/cabernet sauvignon/etc. and a drop or two simple syrup.

Or, once you figure out the level of port you like, make your own solara bottle by pouring a half to one-and-a-half ounces into your favorite glass. Drink the glass of rye, then top the bottle off with your port. Let it sit for a day or two.

I've side by sided with other people, and we unanimously picked the home-rolled.

You're welcome, haha.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 149.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 9,500.00
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 23.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    RPGCor
    $ 149.00
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 159.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    There are 2309 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 47.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside